Chapter 26: The Full Dress Rehearsal Part 2

Johnny drove the whole gang to the sewer line where they needed to be. He stopped and they all got out.

"Stay here. We'll be back in exactly 37--" Big Daddy started.

"Yeah, 37 minutes. Yep. You've told me repeatedly," Johnny interrupted, a little annoyed.

His dad went down then Johnny checked his watch. He wasn't too far from the theater.

"I can make it," Johnny said.

He got out of the alleyway and pressed the gas really hard, trying to get back to the theater as fast as he could.

Meanwhile, Mike just finished his song, wearing a purple version of his outfit with a ruby cane.

"Bravo, Mike. Nana is gonna love that," Buster complemented.

"Oh, you're-- you're too kind, Mr. Moon," Mike smiled.

"And I myself am loving the new suit, sir," Buster complemented then called out, "Okay, can we see Ash next, please? Ash, let's get you out here."

Ash walked toward the stage in the "Pop Star Princess" dress Buster picked for her, but she was feeling depressed.

"Oh, stand back. Moody teenager coming through," Mike commented.

"Good luck, Ash," Meena told her.

At that time, Johnny was racing to get to the theater in time.

Then Ash started singing "Call Me Maybe" by Carly Rae Jepsen, but as she did, she was bawling her eyes out.

"I threw a wish in the well
Don't ask me, I'll never tell
I looked to you as it fell
But now you're in my way

Your stare was holding,
Ripped jeans, skin was showing
Hot night, wind was blowing
Where you think you're going, baby

Hey, I just met you
This is crazy
Here's my number
So call me maybe"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Okay, enough of that. Cut it, cut it, cut it, cut it," Buster requested.

Meena cut the music off and Ash started sobbing harder.

"I don't think anyone's gonna call her after that," Buster whispered then said, "Okay, Ash, um...Hey, come on, Ash. What is it? Do you not like the dress?"

Then Ash started to cry even harder, making quills come out and some stuck into Buster's face.

"Ow. Ow," he said as he pulled one out and Ash ran off the stage.

"Ash, what's wrong?" Rosita asked.

Johnny finally made it to the theater and parked the car.

The others were comforting Ash as she blew her nose into a hankie.

"Well, it sounds to me like you are way better off without that-- that--" Rosita started.

"That total super-jerk dinkleschplatt!" Gunter finished.

"Exactly. Total super-jerk dinkleschplatt," Rosita agreed awkwardly.

"Yeah. It's stupid that he didn't see what an amazing girl you are and he doesn't deserve you," Jamie added.

Ash sniffled, smiled weakly, then said, "Thanks guys."

"Rosita! Gunter! You're on next," Buster called.

"Yeah, okay, here. There should be some gum or some candy in there somewhere. Just help yourself," Rosita remarked, giving her purse to Ash.

Johnny then burst in the room just before Rosita walked on stage.

"Rosita, Rosita, Rosita. Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. Can I take your place, please?" he asked.

"Sure, Johnny. Go ahead," Rosita nodded.

"Okay, get ready, 'cause I'm warning you. This stage is about to explode with major piggy power," Gunter announced, revealing his red, sparkly unitard.

"I am so sorry. I have no control," Rosita said then grabbed a microphone.

Johnny looked at his watch then sighed with worry. Jamie went up to him and put a hand on his shoulder.

"Don't worry. If it helps, I'll just sing with the CD, so you can meet up with them," she replied.

"Really?" he asked, a smile forming.

"Yeah," Jamie nodded.

"Thanks," Johnny said.

"No problem," she responded.

Then Gunter and Rosita started their performance.

"Yeah!" Gunter cheered.

"Okay, come on, you can do this," Rosita told herself then sang their song.

"I stay out too late
Got nothing in my brain"

Then she tripped and fell on her face.

"Are you okay?" Buster asked.

"Oh, yes, I'm fine, thank you. How are you?" Gunter answered while Rosita nodded then got up.

"Okay. Johnny, let's get you out here! And, you guys, you've gotta work on that routine," Buster said, Johnny pushed the piano and stool on the stage, then Buster told him, "Take it away, Johnny!"

He started playing and singing the song "All of Me" by John Legend, but he missed a few notes.

"What would I do without your smart mouth
Drawing me in, and you kicking me out
You got my head spinning"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Rehearsals are getting really crazy. Wouldn't y'all agree?