Chapter 45: "The Climb"

(A/N Please don't judge! I know you guys may not be huge fans of Miley Cyrus from when she was Hannah Montana, but I still like this song. Plus, what the audience does in the video is what the audience in this does.)

"We have one final act for you tonight. Her talent is beyond compare and we have considered her not just a part of this show, but also a part of our family. So, along with Johnny, please welcome, Jamie," Buster announced one last time.

Jamie took a deep breath as Johnny held her hand.

"You ready?" he asked.

"As I'll ever be," she answered.

They walked on stage as the piano was back out there. Johnny sat at the piano while Jamie took her place at the mic stand. She looked at him and he winked at her, telling her that she's got this. She inhaled then nodded, letting him know to start. He did and she sang "The Climb" by Miley Cyrus.

"I can almost see it.
That dream I'm dreaming,
But there's a voice inside my head saying,
'You'll never reach it.'
Every step I'm takin'
Every move I make feels lost with no direction,
My faith is shakin'

But I, I gotta keep tryin'
Gotta keep my head held high"

The audience started swaying their arms to the beat of the music as she kept going.

"There's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be an uphill battle
Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose
Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waitin' on the other side
It's the climb"

The audience cheered for her, making her and Johnny smile. She removed the mic from the stand and continued singing.

"The struggles I'm facing
The chances I'm taking
Sometimes might knock me down but
No I'm not breaking
I may not know it
But these are the moments that
I'm gonna remember most yeah
Just gotta keep going

And I, I gotta be strong
Just keep pushing on

There's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be an uphill battle
Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose
Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waitin' on the other side
It's the climb"

The more she sang, the more the audience cheered. She danced a little in her spot.

"Yeah"

As she kept going, she looked at Johnny, who was smiling at her as he kept playing. She smiled back real quick, faced the audience, then kept going.

"There's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be an uphill battle
Somebody's gonna have to lose
Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waitin' on the other side
It's the climb

Yeah, yeah, yeah

Keep on movin'
Keep climbin'
Keep the faith, baby
It's all about—it's all about the climb
Keep the faith, keep your faith, whoa, whoa, oh"

Once done, the audience cheered and Johnny got off the stool and hugged Jamie and twirled her around. She smiled as she hugged his neck. Then she got the audience to quiet down.

"I have something very important to tell this special guy right here," she announced in the microphone, indicating Johnny.

He looked at her, a little confused, but with a smile.

"I want you to know that...I love you. Very much," she confessed.

The audience went "aww" at that and Johnny was wide-eyed, surprised, and smiling so big. He asked for the mic and she gave it to him.

"Well, you should know that...I love you too," he responded.

She smiled, grabbed the collar of his jacket, brought him closer, and kissed him right on his lips. He kissed back as they wrapped their arms around each other. The audience and other contestants cheered, but they felt like they were the only ones there. That is until they felt the piglets hug their legs. They parted and laughed at that.

"Go, go!" Buster urged to the others.

They all went out, held hands, and bowed.

"Oh, Dad, I wish you could see this," Buster whispered.

Then he heard a whistle and saw Nana Noodleman, applauding him. She pulled out one of Ash's quills from her wool and continued. Buster bowed at that; he knew he had succeeded in putting on a great show.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Johnny and Jamie confessed their love and Nana enjoyed the show! AWESOME!!!