Chapter 19: Rosita's and Jamie's Handiwork and Judith From the Bank

Rosita and Jamie made it home at the same time.

"Hey, how was hanging out with Johnny?" Rosita asked.

"Great. I heard he likes me," Jamie answered.

"I can see it. And I know you like him too," Rosita said.

"Yeah. I do. But I'm not going to tell him until I'm ready," Jamie responded.

"Fair enough. Now, shh. The others could be asleep," Rosita requested.

Jamie nodded and they both entered the house. The contraption was washing dishes and everything was working properly. Then they went to check on the piglets.

"And the three little pigs lived happily ever after. Good night, cuties," Jamie's voice said over the recorder.

They closed the door quietly.

"Well, good night, Jamie," Rosita said.

"You too, Rosita," Jamie returned.

Rosita went in her room, changed, and got in the bed with Norman.

"Norman, are you awake?" she asked.

Norman moaned in response.

"How was your day, honey?" Rosita wondered.

"Same as always," Norman answered sleepily.

"It was?" Rosita asked, happy that her and Jamie's invention worked perfectly.

"Mm-hmm. I don't know how you and Jamie do it all, honey," Norman said, patting her leg, then added, "Good night."

"Good night," Rosita smiled.

Meanwhile, Jamie went to her room, changed in her pajamas, which were black shorts and a spaghetti-strapped, flowy, white crop top that had "I Know You Want All This" written on it, and laid down in her bed. She took out her phone and texted Johnny.

Ja: Thanks for tonight. I haven't had that much fun in a long time.

He immediately texted back.

Jo: I'm glad. It's nice to know someone's got my back who's not related to me.
Ja: Thanks. So, when do you plan on telling your dad about the singing thing?
Jo: I don't know.
Ja: He seems understanding. We talked for a little bit and I'm sure he won't be mad about it.
Jo: I don't think you fully got to know my dad yet. He's determined for me to be in his gang.
Ja: Well, no matter what happens, I'm here if you need to talk.
Jo: Thanks, Jamie. You're the best.
Ja: I try. Lol! But in all seriousness, no problem. Good night.
Jo: Sweet dreams.

Then she plugged up her phone and went to sleep.

Meanwhile, back at the theater, Buster was cleaning up his office while humming. He started cleaning a picture when he saw it the picture of when he cut the ribbon to the theater. He smiled as he remembered that moment.

Flashback

"All creatures great and small, welcome to the Moon Theater!" Buster announced as he cut the ribbon.

Everyone cheered and Buster hugged his dad. He couldn't have done it without him.

End of Flashback

"Mr. Moon? I have Judith from the bank," Miss Crawly informed.

"What? Whoa, no, no, no. Tell her I'll call her back in the morning," Buster said.

"Oh, I can't. She's right here," Mss Crawly replied.

Then a brown and irritated llama appeared at his door.

"Judith! Hello," Buster greeted nervously.

They got to talking for a while then Buster escorted Judith out.

"I work for a bank, not a charity, and if your accounts are not settled by the end of the month--" Judith started to say.

"Okay, Judith. I personally guarantee, by the end of this month, this show is going to be the biggest hit this city has ever seen," Buster promised.

"Mr. Moon, none of your shows have ever worked. None of them! You've had your chances. Now, settle your accounts, or we will repossess this property," Judith threatened.

"Okay. Toodle-oo," Buster waved.

He laughed then frowned as he realized that he was in trouble.

"What are you going to do, Mr. Moon?" Miss Crawly asked.

"Honestly, uh...I have no idea," Buster answered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N So things are going good for Jamie and Rosita, but not so great for Buster. What to do.