The Dual Bender

By goldendragon225

Korra x Male Reader. There is a prophecy that came to be whilst the first Avatar, Wan was traveling the globe... More

Chapter 1: The Arrival
Chapter 2: Surprising Hero
Chapter 3: Awake
Chapter 4: I Think I'm Going To Like It Here
Chapter 5: Past
Chapter 6: Breaking Out
Chapter 7: Broken
Chapter 8: Pro Bending Finals
Chapter 9: The Unknown Power
Chapter 10: Phoenix
Chapter 12: X-7
Chapter 13: Sky
Chapter 14: The Beginning Of The End
Chapter 15: The End Of An Era
Chapter 16: Let Her Live
Chapter 17: Together
Chapter 18: Vacation
Chapter 19: Nightmares
Chapter 20: Captured And Sickness
Chapter 21: Lucifer
Chapter 22: Family?
Chapter 23: Hurt
Chapter 24: A New Technique
Chapter 25: Reasons
Chapter 26: Control
Chapter 27: Fight For Her
Chapter 28: The Decision
Chapter 29: Aftermath
Chapter 30: Aftermath Part 2
Chapter 31: Hell On Earth
Chapter 32: Do We Get What We Deserve?
Chapter 33: Rue Krauss
Chapter 34: Zagan's Return
Chapter 35: The Spirits Revenge
Chapter 36: Training
Chapter 37: Toph
Chapter 38: The Swamps Vision
Chapter 39: Chelsea
Chapter 40: I Deserve It
Chapter 41: The Progressors
Chapter 42: Assassination In Zaofu
Chapter 43: The Undead Bloodbender
Chapter 44: Occurrences
Chapter 45: Valek
Chapter 46: Kuvira's Weapon
Chapter 47: Kuvira's Arrival/The Vision
Chapter 48: Good Luck
Chapter 49: Valek's Emergence
Chapter 50: The Ancient Ability
Chapter 51: The Battle
Chapter 52: The Other Side Of The Family
Chapter 53: The Awakening
Chapter 54: The Universal Spirits
Chapter 55: A Retelling Of The Past
Chapter 56: Training The Instinct
Chapter 57: Kronos
Chapter 58: The Spirit Of Balance
Chapter 59: The Ancient Secret
Chapter 60: The Arrival Of Kronos
Chapter 61:The Arrival Of Hades
Chapter 62: Evening The Odds
Chapter 63: The Killer Of Death
Chapter 64: Apocalypse?
Chapter 65: Poisoned
Chapter 66: Taken
Chapter 67: A... Brother?!
Chapter 68: Victor
Chapter 69: Death

Chapter 11: The Return

9.1K 190 123
By goldendragon225

Korra POV

3 months, 3 fricking months since M/N's been captured, and here we are walking towards where we believe he may be, a field so wide you couldn't see the end if you wanted to.

Korra: "There's nothing here! We'll never find him, he's probably either dead, being tortured, or escaped and never wants to see us again!" I yell frustrated beyond compare right now. None of the others fully knew what M/N had been through like I did. I continue to look for any sign of something suspicious when I hear Asami.

Asami: "I think I found something!" Mako, Bolin and I all rush over to see.

Mako: "Uhh, Asami? This is a sewer lid." I see Asami roll her eyes at Mako's comment.

Asami: "Really? A sewer lid in the middle of an uninhabited wasteland, there's no city or town for miles!" She has a point there, and we also haven't seen any others out here.

Korra: "Ok, let's go." Bolin lifts up the lid and instead of a sewer pipe, there's a ladder leading downward. I look to see Asami smirking proudly at Mako. We head down and hear people walking into a room, we find a crevice between the walls with a little crack through it so we could all see and hear. I look around, and see him, there he was, sitting there strapped to a chair, although behind him there was a pool of water, with large needle sticking out in all sorts of odds and ends. I see vials filled with some sort of dark gray liquid surrounding the pool.

*SMALL TIMESKIP* (just skipping Zagan conversation)

Who the hell is this guy? Code words? Brainwashed? Phoenix...? I hear him begin to speak again.

Zagan: "This will hurt so try to relax." What is he going to do? "Freight Car." I don't see a reaction from M/N.

Zagan: "Orange." I see M/N grip the sides of his chair. What's happening to him?

Zagan: "Horse Saddle." I see M/N clench his teeth and eyes shut. What are they doing to him?

Zagan: "Silo." I see M/N's head throw back as he looks at the ceiling.

You: "Stop! Ahhh! You Don't Know What You're Doing!"

Zagan: "Oh I'm afraid I do." I see him smirk behind some kind of thick glass. "Republic." I hear M/N scream, and then he goes quiet, no more struggling, nothing. His head hangs down, his hair had grown longer and falls over covering his face.

Zagan: "Are you ready to Comply Soldier."

You: "Ready to serve." I hear him say emotionless.

Zagan: "Lay in the pool behind you." I see the metal bindings release him from his chair and he gets up and walks over to the pool, I realize he's in nothing but a pair of shorts and his wound looks to have healed up poorly, leaving a large scar. He lays in the pool and I see the needles begin to move.

Asami: "Oh god, they're going to inject him with that metal." I look to see the tubes are connected. I see the needles move in on points around his body. Then they just drill right down into him. I hear him scream and see him begin thrashing, that is until chains lock him down so only his face is above water. I see the metal start to drain from the tubes. I want to help, but, I'm scared, this man, he scared me. I see the last of the metal drain and the needles remove themselves and return to their normal position. I hear them Zagan and someone else talking over the loud speakers.

Zagan: "Vitals!"

Lady: "Sir, there are none, he's dead." I feel my heart skip a beat. He can't be... not like this.

Zagan: "Send in a shock through the water." I see M/N's body jolt.

Lady: "I'm getting a heartbeat! Still no breathing though!"

Zagan: "Release the chains! Get him out of the pool!" But as soon as the chains were released, I saw him jump from the pool and land only feet in front of us.

Zagan: "Haha! He's alive! Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the Metal Phoenix! The world's first humanoid super weapon!" Right after he said that I hear M/N scream. Although I see something else. His nails, they've grown to reach an inch or two out from his fingertips and are a shining silver. I see him jump up to the glass and stick his claws into it and it shatters all around him.

Zagan: "What the hell! I control you!"

You: "You control nothing! I will not let you hurt my family like you've hurt me!" I see M/N sink his claws into Zagan's chest. I then see him breathe F/C fire at everybody in the room and drop back down to the guards.

You: "Do not interfere. I am leaving. If you try to stop me you will be killed." I see all the guards attack at once. M/N seems to be using his new claws to full extent slashing and cutting every single guard down until there's none left standing. He was about to walk out when Bolin shifts and the wall creaks. I see M/N stop and turn back. He walks right in front of me, he stops in between Bolin and I. I see his claws emerge from his fingertips and he grabs the wall between me and Bolin and rips it off leaving all 4 of us sitting there. I see him retract his claws when he sees us. There are tears welling up in his eyes.

You: "What did they do to me? I'm a monster..." No, he can't think like that. I step down out of the wall and walk next to him and lean my head on his shoulder. He still is just looking at his hands like there something he's never seen before.

Korra: "Shh, your no monster. These people are the only monsters here." I see his claws extend and retract again. I see him nod slowly.

Asami: "Come on, let's go home." Asami says smiling. I see M/N nod at this.

You: "You guys should get back." I look at him confused, oh no he's not getting off that easy.

Korra: "Oh no mister. Your coming back with us. We've been looking for you for months! I'm not just going to let you leave. Whether you like it or not, you're coming with us." I see him look at me confused. "What? Why are you looking at me like that?"

You: "Why were you looking for "me" and why do you want me to go back with you?" I hear Asami start giggling behind me.

Asami: "We care about you silly. And plus, we all saw what you said to that maniac. "I will not let you hurt my family." She says in a mocking tone, leaving out the rest of what he said. "Your so cute when your protective." I see M/N smile and scratch the back of his head while blush hints at his cheeks. On the way back to the South Pole I'm walking next to Mako, but I can't help but feel, well, jealous. I don't know why though. Why am I jealous of Asami being able to make M/N react like that just by saying he's cute? We reach the beach at dusk and walk towards our boat we rode here on. It was one of Varrick's old ones. My dad said we could use whatever we needed to find M/N. It was about a day's journey back to the South Pole on the boat. We all went up to where Asami was driving the ship and talked. It turns out M/N had been out for close to 2 and a half months. I asked him about who those people were. He explained how they were called the Progressors and how they wanted chaos and destruction for the world. When we arrive back at the port that night. I see my parents along with Pema, Tenzin, and the kids, but I didn't expect to see Lin here. She had been pretty involved in trying to find M/N too, I've never really seen her care for someone like that. She seemed nervous when we couldn't find him. When we dock and Mako and I leave the boat Lin is the first one to walk up and ask us.

Lin: "Did you find anything." I smile lightly.

Korra: "Anything? Or anyone?" And M/N walks off the boat still in only his black shorts. Lin runs up to him and hugs him. He seems pretty shocked by her actions.

You: "Um, hey Lin. How ya doin'?" I see Lin look up at him angry all of a sudden.

Lin: "How have I been doing?! You have been missing for 3 months!" I see M/N start to laugh shakily.

You: "Um, yea, sorry about that. The whole "getting captured" thing must run in the family or something." I hear everybody laugh at that.

Pema: "Well you don't look starved or anything but would you care to come eat? Senna and I cooked a large dinner hoping they'd find you." I see M/N's eyes go wide at the mention of food.

You: "Yes Please!" I hear him say a little louder than normal.

Pema: "Hey M/N?" I see Pema looking at her kids and back to M/N.

You: "What?"

Pema: "Are you hurt anywhere?"

You: "Well besides having needles drilled into my bones, which seemed to have healed rather nicely, I'm good, a bit hungry, but good." Her eyes go wide when he mentions the needles. "I'll explain over dinner." He says calmly.

Pema: "You know what? Have at him kids." I see Jinora, Ikki, and Meelo all run towards him full speed. I see M/N's eyes widen at the sudden burst of speed coming at him. But when Meelo jumps on him, he doesn't even flinch.

Meelo: "What the heck? Why didn't you fall over?" I see M/N shrug, we both know what it's from though.

Jinora: "H-hey M/N. I'm glad you're ok." Aww, she still likes him.

You: "Hey Jinora. How have you been?"

Jinora: "Oh, I've been good. I-I was going to ask you the same question."

You: "Well, I'm not gonna lie, I could've been better. But I'm glad I'm back, I missed you kids." I see Jinora blush wildly even though there's not much light out. I go over to hug my parents.

Senna: "We missed you sweetie."

Korra: "Thanks mom. I missed you too." I see my dad smile at my and hug me too.

Senna: "So this is the boy huh? I like him, he'd make a great father." I see her raise her eyebrow at me. I look at my dad who seems to be judging him.

Tonraq: "I agree, he seems strong yet wise." He bends over and whispers the last part to just me and my mom. "I like him a lot more than that Mako kid, I just don't see much in him." I roll my eyes at my parents.

Korra: "Stay out of my love life please." I ask them quietly. They both nods laughing quietly.

Tonraq: "So I'm guessing you will be joining us for dinner, I'm sure you wouldn't mind explaining what happened. Would you?"

You: "Not at all sir." He says smiling, with Ikki sitting on his shoulders and Meelo hanging off his arm and Jinora asking constant questions about him. I guess he would make a good father someday. On the way back to my house I again find myself wondering how a person with his background stays so kind. I'll have to ask him that when I get the chance to. We arrive at my house and I see M/N become a bit fidgety.

Korra: "What's wrong?" I ask quietly.

You: "I don't want to tell them about the claws, they're horrible, I don't want them." Oh, great yet another thing he thinks is wrong with him.

Korra: "Don't worry, I'm sure they'll think they're cool. I mean I do, I think your pretty cool too." Whoa, where'd that one come from?

You: "Oh, well, thanks Korra, I think your pretty cool too, I mean you are the avatar though, so, you kinda are cool by default. Which, if you ask me, is cheating." I punch his arm lightly, but I realize I probably felt it more than he did. It felt like I was punching a wall. I look up to see everybody already inside, except mom. Oh no, she saw this didn't she? I see her smiling like she knew she was right about something. She then waved us inside.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

98.5K 3.2K 18
- "All I want to do is be more like me and be less like you." - Y/n always searched for an escape as little, always feeling captured by the past. - "...
732K 9.8K 40
There is a prophecy most have never heard of. That one day a person will be born that can bend the powerful force of nature known as electricity to t...
46.9K 1.6K 25
。・:*:・✰ 𝗮 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆 𝗶𝗻 𝘄𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗵, 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘂𝗻𝗿𝗮𝘃𝗲𝗹 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗲𝗰𝗿𝗲𝘁𝘀 𝗼𝗳 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗳𝗮𝗺𝗶𝗹𝘆 . 𝗸𝗼𝗿𝗿𝗮𝘀𝗮𝗺𝗶 𝘅 𝗳𝗲𝗺! 𝗿𝗲𝗮...
16.7K 457 11
(Y/n) (L/n) is your average leaf village Shinobi. He's not from any special clan, has no special abilities, nothing special at all. All he has is his...