3005 ; changki ◑

By jooheonssi

in which changkyun teaches kihyun to love life, meanwhile kihyun teaches changkyun to love himself. © jooheon... More

t|wo
t|hree
f|our
f|ive
s|ix
s|even
e|ight
intermission
n|ine
t|en
el|even
tw|elve
th|irteen
fo|urteen
fi|fteen
si|xteen
se|venteen
ei|ghteen
intermission II
ni|neteen
tw|enty
tw|enty one
tw|enty two
tw|enty three
tw|enty four
tw|enty five
ep|ilogue
liddle announcement hehe

o|ne

6.3K 277 257
By jooheonssi

hello!
thank you for picking my book! now, it's gonna mainly be soft but there will be the occasional angst bc that shit gives me life bUUUT a soft ship calls for soft moments 💫
this is actually my first(ish) properly planned MONSTA X book on wattpad (I'm on AO3 too under "jiminchoos" ; I'll link it sometime) so pls be nice haha

some disclaimers tho:
• this book, or at least the first few-ish chapters are in fact based off a real life situation I experienced (not every detail, just the loose plot) but anything else is purely fiction and any similarities to reality are purely coincidental
• I'll probably be linking loads of songs so credits go whoever they belong to 💛 you di bomb
• watch out for profanity !!
• this book was also inspired by the song '3005' by Donald Glover, also known as Childish Gambino; a musical prophet 💫

and that's that, sooo let's go !

***

Lim Changkyun

Regardless of how many handfuls of water I took into my mouth, or how many times I gargled it, it was almost as if my gums had taken the day just to bleed. It wasn't even that bad of a punch, I scowled at my own reflection in the mirror, angrily biting down on a wad of rolled up toilet paper.
Partially defeated, I collapsed on top of the toilet seat, resting my legs on the bath tub before I produced my now smashed up phone from my back pocket, to a stream of messages.

iMessage
Today 00:36

jooheon 💋: fam this girl keeps looking at me like I have 'dinner' printed on my 5head

jooheon 💋: little does she know

jooheon 💋: her boyfriend will be my last supper 😏

jooheon 💋: this is why I'm going to get bitch slapped by Jesus when I try to bargain my way into heaven 🙃 sigh,, btw where are you ? you just seamlessly dispersed in the crowd like a fake and left me here

jooheon 💋: **fart not fake, but that works too

jooheon 💋 :

he's joking right?

jooheon 💋: omg I just heard

jooheon 💋: im gonna murder that "just walked out in the 2pm sunshine" squinty bitch

jooheon 💋: oh my god oh my god

jooheon 💋: call me when you see this omg or just send me your location I just wanna talk (fr)

With an overly extended sigh, I pressed his contact photo and halfway through the first ring he shrieked into the phone, almost as if he'd just been stabbed. "My baby! Lim Changkyun where are you?"

"Hush, I'm at home and yes, I'm okay, just been heavily lectured. My mouth is bleeding and everything hurts but I'm fine," I crossed my arms. "he's a dirty fighter, deadass grabbed my di-"
I was cut off by three abrupt knocks on the door. "Get out, I need to pee!"

"Hold on." I rolled my eyes so far back I almost saw my own brain, rising to my feet and opening the door to let my Youngjae inside. He rushed in without hesitation, beginning to pee before he even reached the toilet, yet not missing the bowl. "You repulse me."

"Shut up, pussy." I hissed back and I turned around to my room, briefly checking if my parents were still awake, and if they were ready to lecture me a second time. "I feel for my parents, they had one perfect daughter and two failed sons; you'd think they would have gotten a memo by the time I came around but-"

"You aren't a fail," he breathlessly said into the phone. "you're..great."

"Jooheon, are you f-"

"No! I'm running....you bitch."

I flicked on the lights, pressing the speaker button before I threw my phone on my bed, slowly peeling off my clothes to see the bruises begin to form on my body. "I really could have had him if he hadn't came for my dick. I was trying to bite his collarbone or something."

"I..okay, whatever, but I swear on my contact list, I will end him the moment I see him," Jooheon replied. "now open up."

"Open up what-"

My head snapped to the window following three sharp knocks. "The window, dumbass."

"You do realise my parents almost lit my ass on fire because I was beaten up, I don't think your presence would help my case." I reluctantly opened the window to my best friend, who claimed his usual spot; a chair far too broken to be used but could just withstand him. I waited everyday for it to crumble beneath him, but it never happened.

"Stop, your parents love me, but good god," he walked to me, touching my face. Immediately, I stepped back. "I'm so mad. He's truly gonna get it."

"No, it won't help the situation," I shook my head. "I'm fine! Promise, you don't need to-"
Before I could even finish my sentence I had been pulled into a tight hug I just didn't have the strength to refuse. "thanks."

"I really should have kept looking for you, I feel awful."

"It isn't your fault, you can't control how douchey somebody is. I don't know how you can be in the same team as them." I said.

"Not even I know myself, Changkyunnie-des." My best friend sighed, continuing to hold on to me as if I was his firstborn (close enough).
I suddenly pushed him away. "What were you doing?"

"I was stood by the stairs when beer fell on my hair and it started going green at the tips for some reason so I went to the bathroom to wash it in the sink quick then I stopped to text Hoseok because I was already bored of the party and wanted to leave when he told me." He said. "I refuse to leave your side now, you're like a newborn and I am your mother! I must feed and protect you as if you are a baby bird."

"Now that is what we are not going to do," I collapsed onto my bed, immediately groaning in pain. "since you're staying, bed or floor, take your pick."

Like he promised, he didn't leave my side all the way through Sunday (only to sneak out of my window, go to his house to change, shower & come back), during which I spent the entire day laying down hooked to an IV drip of crisps and Overwatch, hoping to postpone going back to school as much as possible.
However, Monday did in fact roll around before I could even catch my breath, and soon I was stood in front of the mirror, staring in horror at the bruises covering my body; luckily, my face was spared, only two purple/blue patches on it. I continued to slowly get dressed.

Against everybody's wishes I thought I would go to school; missing a day would make me look scared, and I was the very opposite. If anything I was fuming, feeling the need to pummel Minjae's face during the entirety of the school day.
It had been that way since I applied here, as we went to the same high school; the harassment only kicked off around finals, but I assumed he was just stressed and out of it so I let it slide. Now here we are.

I went about my daily routine, until I eventually dragged myself out of the house to the usual bus stop I met Jooheon at, the two of us only greeting each other, both far too engrossed in their music. Only when we reached the campus did we actually speak. "How are you feeling?"

"I still ache, but I'm fine. Promise," I sighed. "should we just walk home today? Apparently walking helps."

"We can cut through the park, yeah- don't give me that look, I won't push you into the pond again." He rolled his eyes.

"Those bruises look pretty on you," Both of us swivelled around to see Minjae and two of his friends. All three chuckled. "pretty brave to come into school."

"Six feet of soil and a tombstone would look even better over you," Jooheon snickered. "what do you want?"

"This is a 1-on-1 narrative-" Jooheon immediately slapped his hand off his arm and Minjae winced.

"Listen, you generic Asian trainwreck, you are damn lucky I wasn't there on Saturday because I swear on booty call #1 I would have annihilated you from this Earth- boy I would have you crawling away begging for mercy on your knees because I have a lot of pent up anger and you don't want to be on the receiving end of that, so take your head out of your ass, his ass and my ass & please, fuck off."

Fear flickered in his eyes for a second longer than usual. I related deeply. That was when his head snapped to me, and he smirked. "Got him fighting your fights now? Let's go."

"I'm sorry, he just really gets on my-"

"It's okay, next time cut it with the crawling and begging thing, your Dom is showing,"
I chuckled and he hit my head. "also, swearing on Hoseok?"

"Heat of the moment, boy, you'll know what I mean soon."

I gasped dramatically. "Lee Jooheon catching feelings? I never thought-"

"And you never will," he growled, but then smiled, switching personalities in record time. "did you see how fast he left?"

"Well, yes. We all know that you have a dark side that enjoys crushing watermelons with his thighs and conjuring voodoo spells in their free time. I would have too," my words of slight fear only made him laugh. "but thanks, I guess. Hopefully in the near future I'll have some kind of backbone and if anything comes up I'll defend you and we can be even."

"Pleasure as always, anyway, I have business to create and people to scam, and you have poems to dissect and stuff to read so, I'll meet you at break?"

"Yeah, sure." I nodded and he waved, turning away and up the stairs where he met with other people from his class.
I hung around for a beat longer, watching as the classes filled with students up until the hall was deserted apart from me. Only then did I start to slowly walk to my class, a heavy sigh escaping my lips.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.2K 904 24
in which hyungwon moves back home and wants to fix things between him and hoseok. ❝let's write our story from zero.❞ ↓ @stuckihyun-
126K 8.6K 41
one boy who has everything but love - another boy who has nothing especially love SHOWNU X KIHYUN ©jodohawak
35.6K 2K 13
"Damn, loosen up -- no wonder you're still single." In which Jaebum teaches a certain male what it means to have fun.
239K 6.6K 111
[ imagines/one shots of monsta x ] °genie of creating fantasies° Published: 13 May 2017 Completed: 18 June 2020