The Perfect Mistake (Larry St...

By NeverComingDown

He needed a quick bite. No problem with draining a person along the way right? Wrong. When Louis Tomlinson s... More

Preface
1. A Quick Bite & The Change
2. "How could you be so reckless?"
3. Explanations
4. The Plan
5. Meet The Gang
6. "How old are you, exactly?"
7. Liam's Story
8. Questions & The Fight
9. Zayn's Power
10. Lunch Time
Author's Note Numero Uno!
11. New Friends & Perrie's Power
12. Mixed Feelings
13. Preparing For a Journey No One Wants to Go On
14. The First Hunt
15. Fun at the Beach
16. Tonight's Going to Be a Great Night
Author's Note Numero Dos!
17. Parties Are Always a Good Time
18. Niall's Story
19. Well I'm Screwed...
20. You Bite Your Friends Like Chocolate
21. Snitches Get Stitches
Note...
23. There Are Plans to Be Made, Tests to Be Taken
24. As the Friendship Goes, Resentment Grows
25. We Are the Monsters, the Voices, Under Your Bed & In Your Head
26. Hurt People Hurt People (Part I)
27. Hurt People Hurt People (Part II)
28. Are You Ready?
Second Book
Translations

22. Don't Think Like That

10.3K 420 207
By NeverComingDown

A/N: Hey guysssss. Thank you for 300,000+ freaking reads!!!! I N S A N E. Somebody slap me.

I tried to update before it reached that very high number, but alas, I am too slow.

Nobody (minus three people) said anything about Larry finally getting together in the last chapter, nor did anyone acknowledge Liam's powers. This is my face ==> :(

I miss all of your lovely comments/votes... I'm not afraid to beg, man. I'm not.

+ + + +

~Niall's Point of View~

I'll admit it wasn't very smart of me to tell Liam about what Jade had done first instead of Louis or Zayn or Perrie even, but it was sort of like I had gone into some form of shock. All I knew was I had really important information to tell and for some reason, Liam was the first person that came to mind.

As soon as he had left my stomach felt as if it were twisting in it's place, and the feeling was nowhere near pleasant. I didn't have a bad feeling about this necessarily, but I wasn't too keen on it either. I may be able to see the future, but if someone is constantly changing their mind or has a thousand different plans running through their head at the same time it gets all hazy and disorienting, like trying to see through glasses when you have perfect vision. Once it's like that, you never know what's really there and what you're just conjuring up yourself. It always gives me such a headache... Which both Liam and The Council know full well.

One second I was in Liam's study, and the next I was at Louis' door. I could hear him and Harry devouring each other and if this weren't such a serious matter, I'd of definitely taken the piss. Instead I slammed my fist down repeatedly on the door to inform them of my presence.

"Sorry to intrude on the love fest, but we've got a problem!"

The door was immediately yanked open, revealing a disheveled looking Louis.

"What's wrong Niall?" His tone was serious as it cracked. He obviously hadn't spoken for a while. I shoved past him and into his room, pacing back and forth and yanking on my hair anxiously. I waited a moment before I reluctantly spoke, knowing that Louis was without a doubt sifting through my thoughts already.

"I had a vision. The Council of Brothers know about Harry."

"What!?" They both shouted at the same time. Louis was more pissed if anything though, unlike Harry who was plainly terrified.

"I don't know what they have planned, but I do know that we're all in danger. Especially you two," I said, motioning to the both of them. If Harry's face could drain of color, I'm pretty sure it would've just then.

"Ok, where's Liam? Have you told him yet?" Louis ran a hand through his hair, trying to keep calm for Harry's sake. I slowly nodded my head. He wasn't going to be keeping that composure for much longer.

"Yeah, told him first." I cleared my throat, voice having come out much higher than I anticipated. "He's probably at Jesy, Jade, and Leigh-Anne's house by now."

Louis gave me an incredulous look, and I could just imagine him yelling 'are you crazy!?' Thankfully he didn't though. I'm assuming it was also for Harry's sake.

'Look man, I know, but don't be so quick to judge. He could be having a civilized chat with them for all we know,' I thought, eyes narrowing slightly when Louis rolled his eyes.

"Why would he be there?" Harry softly questioned. Louis' expression changed, daring me to tell him. He may want to keep Harry in the dark about this stuff to protect him, but it does concern him, so he should know. I gave Louis my best apologetic look before answering.

"Because," Louis faced away from me then, grabbing his phone, so I turned my gaze to Harry. "Jade's the one who told them."

To say he was shocked would be an understatement. His mouth was hanging open and his eyes were comically wide.

"But she's so tiny and subdued."

"The worst type of person," Louis exhaled angrily, phone now pressed against his ear. He had a point though. The quiet ones are always the most dangerous. I nearly jumped when he threw the device a second later, growling, "Why would you let Liam go by himself?"

"I was freaking out man!" I tried, though we were both aware that that wasn't entirely true. "I know it's a stupid reason, but he told me to warn you all so I am. And we don't know for sure that he's over there. He only said that he'd be back in a bit. He could be anywhere." It was a half-assed attempt, but can you blame a guy for trying? I was also hoping that Harry would choose now to snap out of whatever stupor he was in and back me up. Unfortunately he remained glued to his spot seated on Louis' bed, giving a statue a run for its money.

"Yeah Niall, he's obviously somewhere else," Louis snapped. "Of course he's over there! You and I both know that for a fact." That's only partially true. "You need to go get him before he does something he'll end up regretting."

"Yeah," I agreed, already walking towards the door. "Can you tell Perrie and Zayn?" I didn't bother waiting for his answer since I knew he would. Within seconds I was outside, hauling it over to the girl's house and hoping that Liam hadn't already done any, or much, damage.

~Liam's Point of View~

"What are you talking about Liam? Jade would never do anything like that," Leigh-Anne defended, arms crossed and expression worried.

"None of us would ever do something like that. It's not any of our business," Jesy added, almost pleading.

I was seething. I'm sure they were aware of what Jade had been up to, and I knew bloody well that they were lying to protect her. I shot up from my seated position, not even caring that the chair flew back from the force and hit the wall with a loud crack, rage running through my veins as I glared at the pair sat in front of me.

"You say that, but how can I be certain?" I gritted out, smashing their wooden coffee table with my foot as I moved closer to them, now jabbing my pointer finger in the center of my chest. "I allow you to live on our territory, I allow you to feed on our humans, and this is how you repay us? She doesn't even know what she's talking about! She doesn't know a thing about Harry nor us! And now, because of ridiculous assumptions, my family and I are going to die!"

"Liam, please calm down," Jesy spoke softly, slowly standing up with her hands slightly raised and palms facing me, letting me know that she meant no harm. "You have to believe us when we say that we knew nothing about this! Jade is always going off by herself. She likes exploring, so we didn't even think anything of it when she left."

"Please Liam, we would never betray your trust like this. If we'd have known we would've immediately put a stop to it," Leigh-Anne tacked on, also standing. I shook my head, refusing to believe their words.

"Oh you would've, would you?" I chuckled harshly.

"We swear! Like I said, it's none of our business," Jesy quickly assured. I wasn't buying it. I moved closer, watching as they quickly scurried off to the side, and took the opportunity to fling the couch they had just vacated a few feet away.

"Well it is now! That traitor is a part of your coven, and as soon as she gets back all three of you are going to pay."

"Come on Liam. Can't we just talk about this without threatening, shouting, and ruining priceless furniture?" Jesy tried. I could tell that she was doing her best to remain calm, but I easily detected the hidden agitation in her tone as she spoke.

"You have absolutely no right to tell me to be civilized right now! Did I stutter when I said that my family and I are going to die and that our blood is all on your sister's hands as well as yours?"

"Liam-" Leigh-Anne started, only to stop at the sound of the front door falling to the floor with a thunderous crack.

"Liam stop," Niall scolded, suddenly standing right next to me. He gave me a hard look before taking in the scene around him and inhaling deeply. "Jesus," He muttered, eyes on the broken furniture before they strayed over to Jesy and Leigh-Anne, who looked only slightly worried. That angered me even more.

"What are you doing here?" I questioned, albeit rudely. I was in the middle of something after all.

"Oh, uh," His eyes snapped over to me again. "You need to stop this Liam. I know it's hard, but if you don't then you'll end up doin' somethin' that you'll regret."

"I won't regret it though," I informed him, "They deserve it. And even then, what I'm going to do to them won't compare in the slightest to what The Council will have planned for us."

"No they don't Liam! They don't deserve this." His hands flailed in the direction of the broken furniture. "They weren't lyin' when they said that they had no clue as to what Jade was gonna do. She did it all by herself alright? Now apologize and hope that they'll forgive you one day," Niall exclaimed sharply. I still didn't want to believe it, and I wanted so badly to fight it, but if Niall said they were telling the truth, then they were telling the truth. If anything that pissed me off even more, but there was a part of me that was already trying to cling on to my forgotten sanity, the part of me that had morals and restraint. After a few more seconds I was feeling more like my regular self, and the guilt was quick to make home in my stomach and chest.

"I uh, I am so sorry ladies. I'm not expecting you to forgive me, but at the very least let me reimburse you for all of this," I practically begged, more so Niall wouldn't be mad at me than wanting actual forgiveness, gesturing to the splintered and ripped pieces. Don't get me wrong; I did feel terrible, and I was glad that Niall had shown up when he did. There's no doubt in my mind that I wouldn't have done something awful had he not stopped me. Both girls remained silent for a moment before Jesy finally spoke up.

"Of course we forgive you Liam. We understand why you were so quick to act. And it's fine; we can handle it. Just, please hear us out before you go on another rampage. And practice what you preach, yeah?"

I understood what she meant, and it kind of ticked me off, but at the same time I felt slightly worse. Out of all of the powers I could've gotten, I had to end up with the one most similar to Jekyll and Hyde...

"We're both really sorry, and I wish we could stay and help clean up, but we've got to get back and prepare," Niall spoke, placing a hand on each of their shoulders and lightly squeezing before dropping them back to his sides.

"We can take care of this easily. Thank you though," Leigh-Anne said with the smallest hint of a smile. "And just so you know, I doubt Jade will be coming back anytime soon. So don't get your hopes up."

"I figured as much," I muttered.

"Thanks Leigh. We'll see you both later?" Niall's tone was a bit hesitant. Understandable.

"Yeah. Listen," Jesy started, eyes shifting from us to the floor. "I feel awful. Jade is our sister, like you said. If there's anything we can do to help, within reason..."

"Mhm," Leigh-Anne took over once Jesy trailed off. "We'll keep an eye out for Jade and all. But if you happen to come across her first, please don't immediately kill her. As mentioned, she is our sister."

I didn't really want to, but I nodded my head in agreement.

"Course. Now we really gotta get goin'," Niall said, voice more urgent then before. "Bye." With that he was yanking me out of their house, face surprisingly even the entire time.

When we were far enough away he sighed.

"What in the hell was that Liam?"

"What do you think? You know how I feel about these sorts of things, Ni."

"Yeah, I do," He muttered. "I don't know why I told you first. Sorry Li."

I chuckled dryly. "It's not your fault. That was a lot to take in. The shock of it probably put you in autopilot, so you came to me first like you would in any other situation."

"I tried telling Louis that but he wouldn't listen! He was pissed when he found out that I told you first. Oh and, just so you know," He added as we reached our own front door. "Harry knows about your powers now. And yes, Louis was the one who told him. Don't be mad."

I gulped, a huge wave of worry hitting me in full blast. "Sadly, that's the least of my worries. I would've liked to be the one to tell him though."

"Don't stress it man," Niall assured with a pat on my back as we traipsed into the living room. I slightly stiffened when that same hand slowly lowered to the small of my back, but decided to let it slide when he led me over to the couch and sat down next to me, arm now hung loosely across the top part of the couch, finger tips lightly touching my shoulder. "He's still cool with you," He offered me a grin before his features grew serious once more. "Now, I think it's time you called for a group meeting."

I swallowed, nodding my head in agreement. Slightly raising my voice, knowing that they all most likely were just waiting on me anyways, I called for them. "Guys! Meeting in the living room now!"

My suspicion was proven correct when Louis and Harry were immediately sat across from me, Zayn and Perrie joining only a moment later.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" Louis spat, gaze trained on me, left arm wrapped protectively around a worried looking Harry.

I bit my lip, willing myself to not lose my cool so quickly. "Look, I-"

"Why in the hell didn't you kill them?" He practically shouted. My eyes widened in shock at his words and everyone else gasped, including Harry. He pulled out of Louis' grip, green eyes narrowing on him.

"Dude! It's not their faults; it's Jade's. She's the one that needs to die," He argued, quickly placing Louis' arm around himself as soon as he finished.

"Woah, what exactly is going on?" Perrie exclaimed, sitting up straighter in her seat with an irritated look. "These two dolts," She jerked her thumb in Harry and Louis' direction, "were hardly any help with cluing Zayn and I in on what happened earlier, so we're just a bit lost."

"Yeah," Zayn agreed, also sitting up from his slouched position next to Perrie. "Mind clarifying for the incredibly confused?"

Niall glared at Louis before speaking, "Well, I had a vision-" I tuned out as he went on explaining everything to them, not really wanting, nor needing, to here it all again.

My thoughts quickly focused on what we were going to do, because as much as I hate to admit it, we stood no chance against The Council. Sure there was four of them and six of us, but numbers meant absolutely nothing in this case. And sure two of the six could easily tap into their thoughts, but I'm positive they were already playing up to Niall's weakness, though he could also block certain things which was a plus, and blocking Louis. Perrie's, Zayn's, and my abilities were pretty powerful, yeah, but we could also be blocked. That left Harry, but as far as I knew he hadn't been lucky enough to come into this new life with any abilities. It could come to him at any time though, so I was hopeful that it would happen sooner rather than later. In conclusion, Niall was the only one who remotely stood a chance. The rest of us were basically done for.

"Don't think like that Liam!" Louis' venomous tone interrupted my thoughts, as well as Niall. I looked up at him, my eyebrows furrowed from all of the concentration.

"Like what Louis? Realistically? Truthfully?"

"Like our fates are already fucking sealed! Like there's absolutely no hope. We have no idea what they're planning, so how can we even begin to come up with anything? Besides, we know everything about them, as they do us, so it's not as if it'll be much of a shock to either side," He grumbled, crossing his arms over his chest angrily.

"He's right Li. We know each other too well, so the element of surprise isn't really an option. I can't tell ya exactly what they're gonna do, but they're not gonna just sit back and accept this, especially since we weren't the ones to tell 'em," Niall informed.

"I can't believe Jade would do this..." Perrie exhaled when nobody spoke.

"I can," Zayn contradicted. "Told you, from day one, that there was something about the quiet one that didn't sit well with me. Now look where we are."

"Zayn's right. I knew there was a reason I didn't want to meet any of them in the first place," Louis muttered.

"Enough," I sighed, scrubbing at my face. If being exhausted were an option, then that's what I'd be right now. "We need to at least try to come up with something. We can't just go about our lives as if nothing is wrong."

"And here I was, thinking that everything was going to be fucking dandy," Louis sarcastically grinned. Harry, who had remained quiet for a majority of the time, placed his large hand over Louis' smaller one, turning his head to face Louis. I was not expecting him to whisper soothing words in Louis' ear, and I was definitely not expecting him to lean in and peck Louis' cheek. Wow, a lot has happened in only a few hours.

"Sickening," Perrie mumbled endearingly, scooting even closer to Zayn and intertwining their fingers.

"Anyways," I spoke, albeit slightly awkward. "Harry?"

"Yeah?" He turned his attention to me, but he remained practically draped over Louis' body.

"Do you, by any chance, have any abilities that we don't know of? If so, now would be the perfect time to confess."

His expression changed then, and he looked to Louis clueless. "I-I don't think so? Do I Louis?"

Louis appeared to be reluctant to speak, but after a moment he sighed. "I'm not entirely sure." His eyes met mine as he continued, "I had some theories that I'd been meaning to tell you about, but I never really got around to doing so."

"Well now would be a great time to share," Niall exclaimed, clapping his hands together and focusing his attention on Louis as he waited for him to elaborate. He almost looked annoyed.

"Um, well," Louis cleared his throat, posture straightening as best it could with his arm still wrapped tightly around Harry. "I've noticed certain...things over the past few weeks. And, basically, IthinkthatHarrycancontroltheelements." He rushed out the last few words, but we all understood him perfectly.

"I'm sorry, what?" Harry voiced skeptically.

"Are you for real?" Zayn asked doubtfully. Niall remained quiet, though he looked sort of relieved and smug at the same time. Perrie also stayed silent, but her blue eyes were shining with curiosity.

"We need to test this out," I spoke, already standing. I didn't want to waste any more time.

If Louis was right, if Harry did possess the ability to control the elements, then maybe I was wrong.

As we all made our way outside, I allowed myself to think it, not even bothered that Louis might be listening:

Maybe not one, but two of us stood a chance of surviving this.

+ + + +

A/N: Possibly boring, but essential. Kudos to all of you who picked up on my hints & guessed Harry's power. We also learned a little more about Liam in this chapter. There's still so much about all of them though that you guys don't even know... I've barely scratched the surface, man. So I'm thinking that there might be only a few chapters left. You guys still want a trilogy, right? It'd be very cool if you let me know... If not I'm going to have to rethink a bunch of stuff.

Quick question: I have an idea for another, completely different story. It involves Larry & the 70s. Anyone want this to happen or no? Please tell me or I'll cry, because I'm actually stoked with the possibility...

This chapter's dedicated to SarcasticWick who guessed correctly first. It was She Looks So Perfect by 5 Seconds of Summer! Thanks for playing guys. Guess again & get the next chapter dedicated to you! And remember, in order to get the dedication, you need to comment the name of the song AND the singer/band. Not just one or the other.

Guess the Song/Artist:

"I don't know where you're goin', but do you got room for one more troubled soul? I don't know where I'm goin', but I don't think I'm comin' home. And I said, I'll check in tomorrow if I don't wake up dead. This is the road to ruin, and we're starting at the end..."

<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.7K 382 29
The boys of One Direction are on tour. They meet various beautiful fans and see new wonderful cities. But, its not all fun and games. Zayn meets an o...
59.9K 3K 24
So I decided to try something different. I write a story but you as a reader decide what is happening next. Write a suggestion in the comments and I'...
53K 2.1K 27
"Stop crying baby, we'll be alright." Harry presses his lips against his boyfriend's temple, trying to comfort him. "I don't know if I am able to han...
25.8K 753 79
[edited] complete -------------------- Harry had always thought that his life was never easy. But when he gets kidnapped one day while walking home...