Diary of a Love Struck Fool [...

By EmilyDruce

They say you should never read a girls diary...you never know what you might find. Alice has been in an abus... More

C H A P T E R O N E
C H A P T E R T H R E E
C H A P T E R F O U R
C H A P T E R F I V E
C H A P T E R S I X
C H A P T E R S E V E N
C H A P T E R E I G H T
C H A P T E R N I N E
C H A P T E R T E N
C H A P T E R E L E V E N
C H A P T E R T W E L V E
C H A P T E R T H I R T E E N
C H A P T E R F O U R T E E N
C H A P T E R F I F T E E N
C H A P T E R S I X T E E N
C H A P T E R S E V E N T E E N
C H A P T E R E I G H T E E N
C H A P T E R N I N E T E E N (Part 1)
C H A P T E R N I N E T E E N (Part 2)
C H A P T E R T W E N T Y
C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - O N E
C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - T W O
C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - T H R E E
C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - F O U R
C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - F I V E
C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - S I X
C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - S E V E N
C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - E I G H T
E P I L O G U E

C H A P T E R T W O

3.7K 83 4
By EmilyDruce

C H A P T E R  T W O

“So the guy was basically just quiet all night, and then when he took me home, I didn’t even get a kiss on the cheek from him.” Riley states as we leave homeroom and head down the hallway towards the hall where we have our first lesson of the day - sport. “And I had to pay. I say it was the worst date I’ve ever been on.”

“You have been on some pretty bad dates,” Jason’s tone is solemn, but his face looks like he just wants to burst out laughing at Riley's story. That's Jason for you. He can be pretty stupid at times and he tries to make everything a joke. But it's refreshing most of the time - and I love him for always making me happy whenever I'm feeling down. 

“You always seem to be put with the worse ones.” I say.

I slow my step slightly so Jason and Riley move to walk in front of me and down the now completely crowded hallways. As we move closer and closer to the hall, I can’t help but silently dread getting changed. Sometimes I completely skip out on doing sport because I'm scared of getting changed but mainly I just try and wait until most of the poeple have gone and then hide whereever's worse. 

A loud crashing sound brings me out of my thoughts, as my head drifts up from where I was looking at my feet, and towards a big crowd of juniors and seniors who seem to be watching something. I see a figure that I recognise as Tyler and change my mind about the "something". They're watching a fight. And if it's a fight and it involves Tyler; I'm guessing River Edwards' has something to do with it too. 

Jason and Riley quicken their step, never the ones to miss any fighting action in this school, and I follow. Ever since Tyler and I started dating, I've learnt that him and River can’t even stay civil around each other, always throwing a bad word or insult at the other as they pass. It usually ends up like this - them at each others throats and someone having to stop it before they end up in accident and emergancy. 

“Come on, Edwards." I hear Tyler’s threatening, and downright scary when he acts like this voice, say. It’s similar to one he would use if he were angry at me. And that's never good. “Show me what you've got!"

“Oh I’ll show you alright." Rivers deep voice replies. “And then I’ll use it to kick your ass!”

“River,” Damon Rigos’ throaty grunt interrupts, “Just ignore him. He's not even worth it. He can't even fight. If you're going to fight with someone at least pick someone that can throw a proper punch."

Thanks, Damon - you've probably just made it a whole lot worse. 

I push through the crowd, being as small as me it’s a pretty easy task, and finally catch a full glimpse at the three boys I knew I would see. River, his fist raised, stands opposite Tyler who doesn’t look ready to defend himself at all. Damon stands in the middle of the two, but to the right slightly so he doesn’t get hit if one of them decides to throw a punch, a bored expression on his face.

“You think I’m going to let this little mother-” River pauses for a second and then shakes his head, stopping just before swearing which I’m grateful for. I’ve never liked people who swear. It was one of Tyler’s habits that I used to tell him off for all the time. That was before I knew he’d hit me for even trying to speak up against him once. Then, like a little boy, he points a finger at Tyler and says, “He started it.”

“Then you finish it, man." Damon’s voice is just as bored as his facial expression shows, as his eyes glance over the crowd surrounding the two. “Get to class, you little fuckers!" He's obviously not as worried about swearing as River seems to be. "There’s nothing else to see here except for two idiots.”

I don’t move from where I’m standing, but I feel everyone around me start to disperse off to their own individual classes. Damon’s eyes stop on me as I take in the situation. With only one glance in my direction, he grabs River by the arm and drags him down the hallway towards the doors leading outside. My guess is they’re going to bunk now, go get drunk and paint the town red.

“Let’s go Alice, we’re already late.” Jason says. I ignore the fact Tyler's probably looking straight at me right now, and let Jason lead me away from where he's stood and towards the dressing rooms. With a kiss on my cheek, he leaves me and Riley by the door to the girl's changing rooms and heads towards the boy's on his own. 

Inside, both half naked and fully dressed girls stand gossiping about the fight, thinking their conversations are quiet enough that no one else can hear. I hang my bag up on one of the coat hangers above the benches that surround the perimeter of the room and pull out the clothes I packed this morning to do gym in. It’s good that they allow you to wear what you want as long as it's appropriate. 

“I don’t know why you always insist on covering up you’re beautiful body.” Riley states, pulling her own top over her head. I quickly drop my jeans and pull on my leggings as Riley turns to grab her own bottoms and then when she turns around to check her phone I change my top, too.

“You ready, Riley?” I ask. She looks up at me, tilts her hand and states, “Wow. You got ready quick.”

“No, babe,” I laugh one short, totally fake laugh, and say, “You were staring at your phone for hours.”

“Well there’s this hot Auzzie who just added me on Facebook, and I was just saying hi,” I raise my eyebrows, and she finally adds, “Maybe in a little too friendly way.”

As we step through the doors to the hall, the first thing I notice is Tyler stood surrounded by both boys and girls, his face hard as he probably tells some over exaggerated version of the fight where he wins because no one would dare to correct him.

The second thing I notice is Damon and River sat against the far wall - unchanged - and I bet the teacher isn’t going to tell them right from wrong. It's a surprise they're even here. Even I thought they were going to leave the school and not come back for the rest of the day.

“Right, everyone,” A female voice shouts, not the usual manly voice I hear. “Mr White is severely ill at the moment, so you’re lessons will be taken by substitutes until he gets better. That means me, so-"

“I bet he was fired!" James shouts. “Or-“

“Alright class, today we’re playing badminton doubles, so if you would please find yourself a partner and grab yourself a racket!" A loud scoff echoes around the room, and Miss turns to face who we all know made the noise. Damon Rigos. Who else? “Even you two, boys, you’ll just have the disadvantage of having to walk around school sweaty for the rest of the day.”

I look over at Riley, but she’s disappeared. Then look at Jason, but he’s partnered with Kyle. I look towards Tyler, expecting him to be glaring at me or something, but instead he’s stood there talking with Samantha like everyone in his life is normal at the moment. Like I don't know he's probably cheated on me numerous times and is about to set up a date to do it yet again, right this moment.

I turn around - maybe it’s better if I sneak out and spend an hour in the girls changing rooms reading for English or completing my Calculus work sheet instead - but I run into a body before I can even finish my thought.

"You're not thinking of bunking, are you?” Damon Rigos says, raising his eyebrows as he looks down at me. “If I have to do sport in this,” He pinches the front of his top, one that I now realise is hugging the muscles he prominently has, “So do you, Alice."

I don’t argue, as I spin and go collect a badminton racket. It looks like I’m partners with the school's bad boy, and I don't have the energy to argue. I take my position as we stand across from River and some other boy I don’t know or recognise and  realise that this most probably isn’t going to turn out very well.

A crash comes from across the hall and I spin and notice Tyler, his face furious as he stares at me, stood next to, and very close to, Damon. I move forward slightly so Tyler reaches me first and not Damon. He hasn't done anything wrong except save me from having to be partnered up with someone I really don't like. He doesn't deserve Damon's wrath. 

“What the hell do you think you’re doing?” Tyler screams in my face as he reaches me, his hand grabbing onto my arm and dragging me towards him. I drop my racket as he does so. 

I don't even have chance to feel the pain or think about the bruise, because before I know it a hand connects with my cheek. Now, a different hand snags around my waist and pulls me back.  I know this time it isn’t Tyler, nor is it Jason, or Riley because they wouldn’t have the strength to do so. Riley is such a girl when it's comes to strength and Jason doesn't have a hint of muscle or fat on him - he's all bone.

A small cracking sounds and I watch as River punches again where his nose has got to be already broken.

River's eyes turn and connect with mine for a mere second before lifting higher, and I know he’s mentally saying something to Damon. I don't know how people can communicate like this but they seem to be able to, and by the sounds of the breath Damon sighs, he understands exactly what Riley is trying to say.

“Just get her out of here." River says, his tone tough and rough and scary.

A warm breath caresses my ear as Damon's voice whispers, “Let’s go," to me. I nod my head in agreement as I'd rather be anywhere but here right now. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HI - thanks for reading Diary of a Love Struck Fool. I love all the support I've gotten so far and I can't believe all the votes, reads and comments I've got for something that in the start I was pretty sure I was going to delete before I fell in love with it. I couldn't do this whole thing - writing I mean - without you lot on Wattpad. 

Love, Emily. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.4M 205K 22
It's not everyday that you get asked by a multi-billionaire man to marry his son. One day when Abrielle Caldwell was having the worst day of her life...
117K 4.9K 198
This story follows the early life of James also known by his street name Headshot or Shooter. James had an extremely rough childhood, one that turned...
409K 11.5K 53
what happened when the biggest mafia in the world hid his real identity and married an innocent, sweet girl?
29.3K 968 21
[ONGOING 🔞] #8 insanity :- Wed, May 15, 2024. #2 yanderefanfic :- Sat, May 18, 2024. After y/n became an orphan, she had to do everything by herself...