Fervent Passion

By BellatrixBells

This story is officially under construction! Catherine Wilburg is one of the most respected vampires on Earth... More

Home
The Ridiculousness of Love
Romero
Nightingale's Night Club
The Catalitic Night
The Hung-over Godmother
The Perpetrators
Training
Confronting a Mistake
Family Feud
The Story of a Warrior
Mountain View Peak
Quenching Thirst
Painful Memories
Hope and Presents
Dominance
The Threat
Prince of Prima Lucé
Hansel of Prima Lucé
The Exchange
Price
Revelations
Motives
Giving In
The Bachelor's Party
The Deal with the Devil
The Wedding Day
A Royal's Mark
Consequences
Unexpected Surprise Part One
Unexpected Surprise Part Two
Unexpected Guest
The Love Oath
Insight
News
More News!

The Mission

167 3 0
By BellatrixBells

Chapter 14

I zipped up my suit and glanced up at the mirror. This black suit was much more comfortable than my last one. I grabbed my red lipstick and applied some on. I stared at my reflection and frowned. I don't deserve to be happy, I'm a monster. I pleasure myself in killing ruthlessly and have no mercy. Yes, Hansel deserves someone better. I looked down at my lefthand and looked at the sparkling diamonds of my ring.

I slid the ring off. Hanasel deserves someone better. I set my ring down on the dresser and looked at the time. 11:00 p.m. I clipped on my weaponry belt and walked to my door. I strolled down the halls, my heels clanking on the floor. I reached the elavtor and pressed the button for the 1st Floor.

The doors dinged open and I walked to the Training and Weaponry Room. I burst the doors open and immediately all eyes were on me. Today we were only taking 75 members because we couldn't leave the SSS without any protection. All 75 members were standing with their arms behind their back, feet apart, and head bowed down in respect.

"Rise," I commanded and 75 pairs of eyes looked up at me. I began pacing.

"We will divide ourselves into two groups. Group One will be lead by Jackson and Benjamin. Group Two will be lead by Hansel and I. You all should have received the list indicating which group you are in. Is there anyone here who does not know which group they belong to?" I asked. The room remained silent.

Suddenly the doors burst open and Hansel, Benjamin, and Jackson walked in. Talk about being late, I mentally scoffed.

"Alright then, let's begin," Jackson said.

"Fifteen men per car, we want to take as less cars as possible so as to not raise any suspicions," Hansel spoke.

"I have programmed the cars so that we land in five different locations. We are all to meet in the Grandview Mountains by midnight. I have set the GPS in your team leader's devices set to direct you where exactly we meet," Benjamin explained.

"The location directions will be sent to you as soon as you reach Earth," a female voice said. I turned around to face the owner of that voice. Miranda. Does she literally have to be everywhere where Hansel is?

"What are you doing here, Agent Mungillo?" I growled out and stormed to her. Hansel stood in front her and glared at me.

"I asked her to assist us in the mission. We could use her to guide us through," Hansel explained for her. I clenched my jaw and turned to face Miranda.

"Mess up and you will have to deal with me. And not even your gorilla here will be able to stop me," I threatened her. She stared at me blankly in the eye and smirked.

"I won't."

"Let's hope not." I growled out and faced my army.

"Her name is Ashley Newton, she's a witch held hostage. Our mission is to rescue her and bring her back to the SSS Headquarters unharmed. You find her, you protect her, and notify us quickly through the microphone," Jackson informed my army, pointing to the chocolate-chip sized microphone in the inside of his battle jacket and the ear piece in is ear. I looked to my army and saw that they all had their microphone and ear pieces on.

"Any questions?" I called out to them. Nobody said anything. I nodded to Jackson.

"Alright let's get going!" Jackson's voice echoed throughout the hall and all my men walked to their assigned cars. I walked to Jackson.

"You ready?" I asked him.

"Yep," he nodded and tightened his jacket. I saw from the corner of my eye Miranda approach Hansel as he was about to enter one of the black trucks.

"You be careful, okay?" Miranda told Hansel as she rested her arm on his shoulder.

"I will," he promised. Ugh!

"Does she really have to be a part of this?" I asked Jackson, annoyed. He chuckled.

"Hansel asked me if it was okay for her to be our guide. I didn't see anything wrong with it so I let her," he told me. I rolled my eyes.

"I'm riding with you," I informed Jackson. He frowned.

"I'm sorry but my truck is full. You are going to have to go with Hansel," he said, frowning.

"You have got to be kidding me," I gritted my teeth.

"Nope, you are riding with me," Hansel said behind me. I turned to glare at him and saw Miranda exiting the room, probably heading to the Track and Records Floor to "guide" us.

"Why does this world hate me so much," I whispered under my breath as I walk to the black truck. I am about to sit down on the driver's seat when Hansel grips my arm. I face him and hold in a growl.

"Nahah, I'm driving," Hansel said seriously. I'm going to kill this guy! I growled and walked around to the passenger's seat. I sat down and faced the front. The other four trucks where already exiting the room's garage doors.

Hansel started the engine and sped down the road. We followed the other trucks to the transporting road. One by one, all five trucks transported to Earth. The blue lights faded into a green blur, I inspected our surroundings. Where were we?

A beeping from Hansel's battle jacket caught my attention. Hansel reached inside his jacket and pulled out a square device. He handed it to me. I looked at it and saw it was a gridded map, our meeting destination was three miles away.

"Stop the car," I commanded Hansel, "Our meeting destination is 3 miles away, we have to go on foot from here." Hansel made an uprupt left and entered the forest. I jumped in my seat as the road became bumpy. Out of no where, Hansel stopped the car.

"Let's move," Hansel told the men in the back as he exited the car. I did the same. I looked down at the GPS and looked up. I pointed north, "We need to go north."

"Here, we need to remain communicated in case anything happens," Hansel said as he handed me the mini microphone and the ear piece.

"Normally, I wouldn't take it. But with your little helper, we never know," I said sourly. I clipped the microphone securely on my sleeve and I placed the ear piece in my ear.

"Why are you so against her?" Hansel asked and glared at me. I said nothing and began walking in the direction I had pointed originally. My walk turned into a jog, and soon a full out sprint. I heard 16 other pair of feet pounding against the Earth behind me. Since we were all supernaturals we ran the 3 miles in 3 minutes. Our extra abilities made the trip a breeze. I glanced down at the GPS and noticed that we were nearing the clearing we were all meant to meet up at.

As we entered the clearing, I noticed we were the last to show up. Everyone was here. I locked eyes with Jackson and he nodded with his chin the direction of the warehouse. I had barely noticed we were on a cliff, I walked to the edge and and looked down to the warehouse. It looked abandoned and torned down.

"We are all here," Hansel notified Miranda through the microphone. I rolled my eyes, this is going to be a long night.

"Alright, let's seperate into our two groups. Remember, protect Ashley Newton at all costs," Jackson said and displayed an image of Ashley through his watch. I glanced down at mine, 11:59 p.m. I looked up at my team and nodded. I glanced one last time at my watch and it read 12:00 a.m.

"It's go time," I said with a smirk, my men nodded.

"Oh, and guys?" I said as they started walking down the steep hill, they paused and looked up at me.

"I do not want any casualties, understood?" I said seriously. They saluted me and continued their route. I glanced up at the crescent moon and faced my half of the team.

"Let's go," Hansel commanded and we continued our hike down the mountain. We hiked down the mountain and reached the flat surface.

"We are about to go in," Jackson whispered through the ear piece.

"On my count," I said steadily as the warehouse came into my view. I signaled Hansel to take half of our group and go to the right. He nodded and went to the right, 19 men went with him. I signaled my team and went to the left. We hid behind the trees.

"Three," I whispered into my sleeve as I crouched down on the floor and gazed up at the 3 floors of the warehouse.

"Two," I glanced at the two guards at the main entrance. I sprinted towards them when they had their backs to me. I climbed into the first man's back and twisted his head off. The man fell to the ground, I looked up to face the second man. The second man raised his gun up at me and was about to shoot when I grabbed the tip of his gun and pointed it up to his head as he pulled the trigger.

"One," I shouted into my sleeve as the gunshot echoed throughout the woods.

"Go! Go! Go!" I heard Jackson command his group. I looked back at my team and waved them in to follow me. I opened the double wooden doors and entered the building.

It was vacant and dark, I heard the silent footsteps of my men entering. I was walking deeper into the warehouse when I noticed movement from my right. The person tackled me to the floor and I pushed him off. I stood up immediately. Suddenly gunshots echoed throughout the whole warehouse.

"Jackson, take your team and search for the jewel upstairs. I'll handle this floor and the basement," I spoke into my sleeve.

"Got it," Jackson replied through the ear piece.

"Well, aren't you a pretty one," the one who had tackled me before spoke to me. I could only make out his silhoutte, it was pitch dark in here.

"Then you're pretty lucky to see a pretty lady right before you die," I hissed back. He growled at me and charged towards me. I reached into my weaponry belt and took out my gun. I switched it into the G210 and pointed my gun to his heart, I pulled the trigger. I saw in slow motion how the bullet exited my gun and rebounded off his chest. Wait? What?

"Fuck," I cussed. I listened to his heartbeat... he didn't have any. He was a convert. Converts don't have a heartbeat, therefore, they are more complicated to kill. If you were born a supernatural you had a heartbeat. But if you were converted into a supernatural, the only way to die is by ripping your head off and burning your body.

"Cath, watch it! Some are converts," Hansel yelled at me from across the room. Looking at the convert in front of me, I ran to meet him half way. Just as I neared him, I jumped over him, and landed swiftly behind him. I turned around to face his back and twisted his head off.

"I kinda figured that out already," I shouted back. I looked around the room and noticed that I was right in the middle of a battle field. Some of my agents had phased to their wolf forms while the others faught with Romero's men. They got this, I thought to myself and started sprinting to a door.

"Where are you going," Hansel shouted to me as he stabbed his knife into a man's chest. I ignored him and continued running to the door. I ducked stray bullets and ripped the heads off random men I knew weren't a part of the SSS.

"Ms. Catherine, the door you are running to is a dead end," Miranda informed me as I reached the door.

"Well then tell me how to reach the damn basement," I growled out as I fought a werewolf.

"Give me a sec," Miranda replied. I grunted as I took out my gun and shot the wolf in the head.

"Take your time," I said sarcastically.

"Got it! Go to your left, you will see an abandoned elevator," she informed me. I ran to where she told me and frowned. The elevator didn't have anything, it was just a straight way down.

"Are you sure this is the only way," I asked unsure as I looked down at the endless pit below.

"Yes," she replied. Now, why do I get the feeling she's lying to me? I jumped down the elevator and landed on the balls of my feet with a light thud. It was colder down here, I heard harsh whispering ahead and I forced my ears to listen.

"Did you hear that?" a voice asked. I stopped breathing and pressed myself against a wall.

"Never mind that noise! We need to get out of here," voice number two said frantically. I heard three heartbeats but 12 people breathing. One of the breaths was ragged and wheezy, their heartbeat weak. That must be Ashley.

"How? We are under attack! The only way out is going upstairs but hearing the commotion up there we can't do that," voice number one hissed back. I peeked out and noticed I was in a storage room. In the far left corner there was a room with light emitting from below the door. In front of the door were four huge guards, one of which had a heartbeat. I lurked in the shadows, slowly making my way to the door.

The four men guarding the door looked around the dark room. I was about to attack when I felt a hand wrap around my mouth, I was about to hit them in the gut when I took a wiff of their scent. Pine wood and lavendar. Hansel. I pushed him away from me and held in a hiss.

I looked up at Hansel and saw that he had his index finger pressed up against his lips, a sign indicating to remain silent. I nodded and he dashed across the room. He held up three fingers and pointed with his chin to the men in the door. I immediately understood what he wanted to do.

He put down one finger, I bent down in a crouch. He bent down a second finger, and I took a quick glance at the four men guarding the door. I glanced back at the Hansel and saw him bend down one last fingers. I dashed to the men in front of the door.

Hansel took the two on the left, leaving me with the two on the right. I climbed on the first man's back and snapped his neck. I dropped his head on the floor and it rolled away. I looked at my second victim and smirked. He dashed at me and threw a punch at me. I arched my back and did a back flip. As I was kicking off the floor I kicked him across the jaw. He just shook his head and dashed to me again.

I dropped to the floor and kicked his legs out beneath him, making him drop to the floor. I stood up at the same time he did and he tackled me to the floor. I let out a groan and pushed him off me. Suddenly his body began shaking and he phased into a huge grey wolf. Crap. I reached into my weaponry belt and was about to pull out my gun when I was tackled down by the wolf. I held his snapping jaws away from me with one hand while I reached into my belt for a mini explosive.

The wolf managed to bite me and I cussed out in pain. I retrieved a silver ball from my weaponry belt and threw it into his mouth when he snapped them at me again. I felt his stinky hot breath fan me as I reached into my belt again and retrived a wire. I snapped his jaw shut and used the wire to tie his mouth closed. I threw the body off of me and it flew across the room. The wolf stood up and began shaking his fur off. It glared at me and I smirked.

The mini explosive I had thrown inside of him, reacted and suddenly the wolf's guts flew all over the storage room. I covered my face as his guts flew to me. Gross. I looked up at Hansel and saw that he was covered head to toes in wolf guts, his prey beheaded by his feet. I stood up and retrieved my gun from my weaponry belt. I'll make fun of him later.

I pressed my back against the wall next to the door and nodded my head to Hansel. He nodded and burst the doors open with his foot. Immediately we were ambushed. I felt a punch to my rib cage and I didn't hesitate to behead him. I looked around the room and noticed that we were out numbered. I saw Ashley in the middle of the room, laying on her side. I reached into my belt and pulled out the disk Sanz and Cortez had given me earlier.

"Duck!" I yelled at Hansel as I pressed the button in the center of the disk. The disk floated to mid waist and I ducked to the floor. I watched in amazement how the disk eminated a green wave causing everyone to fly back against the wall. As their bodies dropped to the floor, they began convulsing. I looked around for Hansel and saw that he was ducked down and staring at the convulsing bodies.

I heard a moan and I snapped my attention back to Ashley. I ran to her and held her body.

"Miss Ashley, you are safe now," I reassured her, she glanced up at me lazily and I held in a gasp. She was horrible. Her left eye was bruised up, her nose broken, and her lips purple. She was covered head to toes in bruises. What had they done to her?

"What was that noise?" Benjamin asked as he entered the room. He saw the lady in my arms and he ran to me. He kneeled down next to me and cupped his hands, water appearing magically.

"Drink," he told Ashley and she did so willingly. She coughed in the beginning but she was soon able to drink without a problem. Once she was done I handed her over to Benjamin.

"Take her to the SSS and make sure she receives immediate medical attention. She doesn't look good," I informed him. He nodded and lifted her bridal style. I watched as he took her out the room.

"You should help him take her up the elevator shaft," I advised Hansel as I looked up at him.

"He'll take the stairs," Hansel shrugged.

"Stairs?" I asked as I stood up.

"Yes, stairs. You know, the kind you use when the elevator doesn't work," Hansel said it like I was a child. I growled. I knew, that bitch had lied to me.

I walked to the convulsing bodies and looked around the room. Hmm, where do I begin decorating?

Author's Note: Thanks:) Picture of Benjamin to the side.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.2K 1.7K 25
Book 3 - The Royal Blood Collection Dahlia has been given a mission, one simple request from the benevolent king of province five. Find his uncle. Si...
11.7K 1K 73
In a world where demons are the primary enemies, there was a girl born in a kingdom where light doesn't exist. However, she has no any idea about her...
63.7K 2.4K 23
❝Many things are hard, but killing your fated mate has got to be the hardest.❞ BOOK #2 OF 'HEART OF THE WOLF PRINCE' ******** Once the unremarkable R...
4.8K 3.4K 64
Cover credits: SSS_Penname. Life doesn't move according to what we have planned. Destiny takes us through the unexpected, making us experience the un...