Seoul City

By ParkChaengoo

⚠️ May contain mature language & content*** From an outsider's perspective, South Korea is a beautiful, wealt... More

Ch. 0 - The Basics & Character List
Ch.1 - Lisa's Birthday
Ch. 2 - Taehyung's Mission
Ch. 3 - The Phoenixes
Ch. 4 - Negotiations
Ch. 5 - The Invitation
Ch. 6 - Second Encounter
Ch. 7 - The Fantastic Four
Ch. 8 - Charity Ball
Ch. 9 - A Waltz and a Tango
Ch. 10 - Saviour
Ch. 11 - The Vintage Record
Ch. 12 - Foolishly Fearless
Ch. 13 - Blood, Sweat & Tears
Ch. 14 - Jajangmyeon & Ice Cream
Ch. 15 - As if it's our Last
Ch. 16 - Fireworks
Ch. 17 - Gone with the Wind
Ch. 18 - A Secret
Ch. 19 - Partners in Crime
Ch. 20 - National Disaster
Ch. 21 - Torture
Ch. 22 - Furious
Ch. 23 - A Mess
Ch. 24 - Road Trip
Ch. 25 - Loving Two People
Ch. 26 - Nightmares
Ch. 27 - Hers
Ch. 28 - The Ring
Ch. 29 - All Fun and Games Until ...
Ch. 30 - Someone Gets Hurt
Ch. 31 - 2005
Ch. 32 - Truth or Drink
Ch. 33 - Babe
Ch. 34 - The Proposal
Ch. 35 - Shopping with the Boys
Ch. 36 - Operation J: Phase One
Ch. 38 - Operation J: Phase Two
Ch. 39 - Operation J: Phase Three
Ch. 40 - Betrayal
Ch. 41- Prayer
Ch. 42 - Goodbye for Now...
Ch. 43 - First and Last Date
Ch. 44 - But Not Forever
Ch. 45 - Seoul City
Message From the Author

Ch. 37 - Home

8K 557 497
By ParkChaengoo

"Are you okay?" Taehyung asked, his arm still around her and their bodies still pressed against the side wall of the elevator.

Chaeyoung tipped her head, gazing into his dark eyes and trying to calm her racing heart, before nodding. They remained in that position for a few beats longer than necessary, searching each other's eyes – curiously, hypnotically – as if this was their first time really seeing each other. Uncontrollably, her hand reached up to brush a strand of hazelnut-brown hair away from his eyes. Those eyes which possessed pupils so dilated that they practically appeared obsidian, but somehow still managed to sparkle. Those exquisite eyes.

Then, she realized she was pressed right against his wounded arm and gasped.

"Oh my gosh, your arm!" she exclaimed, stepping away to give him some breathing room and gently touching his arm. He blinked a couple times at her, as if reorienting himself, before responding.

"It's fine," Taehyung laughed, stretching his hand out a bit to demonstrate.

Chaeyoung had made sure he went to the hospital as soon as the camping trip was over, and despite the doctor's orders, Taehyung had removed his sling early for the sake of this mission. By doing so, he put himself at risk for aggravating the injury and interfered with the recovery process. Needless to say, Chaeyoung did not approve.

Giving him one last concerned look, she turned towards the front of the elevator. Back to reality.

"I think the elevator's stuck," Chaeyoung stated the obvious, moving towards the doors and pressing the bright red 'help' button.

"Damn, we're already short on time," Taehyung mumbled, pressing the operator button repeatedly, but not getting any response.

Just then, Jennie's voice echoed in their ears, "Chaeyoung, Taehyung, where the hell are you guys? We're waiting on the main floor for you."

"Jen, we're stuck in the elevator," Chaeyoung responded, thanking the heavens that they had mics and earpieces in.

"What?!" Jennie practically yelled, causing both Taehyung and Chaeyoung to flinch, "do you have the key to the safe with you?"

Although Chaeyoung was certain she had the key in her possession, she still fumbled through the pocket of her robe and withdrew the key to confirm, "Ya, it's in my pocket."

Jennie sighed deeply, "okay, just give the key to Taehyung and transfer the camera from your choker to his suit. We'll try and get you guys out as soon as possible."

With a smile, Chaeyoung handed Taehyung the key. He watched her in amusement as her fingers grappled with the tiny clasp of her choker for a few seconds, before deciding to step in. With a warm smile, he gently swept her long hair to one side and leaned close enough that he was practically hugging her as he reached his hands to the back of her neck and effortlessly removed the necklace. Chaeyoung held her breath the entire time. It was so strange. He'd been this close to her countless times before; but, this moment somehow felt different – more heated, more intimate.

It was probably the damn robe.

She took the necklace from his outstretched hands, keeping her gaze focused on it because her emotions were taking control over everything else right now and she didn't know what they'd convince her to do if she looked at him again. Using her long, manicured fingernails, she smoothly removed the small, black camera and stuck it in the middle of Taehyung's black, silk tie.

"Chaeng," his deep voice was barely above a whisper as he placed a hand over hers, pressing them close against his hard sternum. Clearly and distinctly, she could feel the rapid taps of his heart that matched her own, "I have something to tell you."

That caused her to finally look up at him again in surprise, "what is it?"

"Jen," he suddenly called out into his microphone.

"What?" Jennie snapped, obviously frustrated about their current situation, "I'm a little busy trying to clean up this mess, so if you two could just remain quiet, that would be very much appreciated."

Chaeyoung chuckled but Taehyung continued, "can you turn off the mic and camera for a bit? There's something we need to discuss. Privately."

Jennie scoffed, "well, that's shady. But, fine, I'll cut you off until we need to contact you again. Enjoy your 'alone time'.

They both heard a little beep and the camera flashed twice, allowing them to speak freely.

He took both her hands in his and Chaeyoung waited patiently (and a little nervously) for him to speak.

"I was planning on talking to you about this after the mission, but now that we're stuck in here, I guess I might as well make use of this time," Taehyung said, making Chaeyoung uneasy with his seriousness.

"Tae, you're scaring me. What's wrong?" she gripped his hands, her brows furrowing with concern.

"Do you remember when we went shopping and I had to suddenly run to my car?" Taehyung asked, and Chaeyoung could only nod in response, her stomach twisting with apprehension, "it was a new email from my parents. They told me where they're living now."

Chaeyoung raised a brow, "that's a good thing... isn't it?

Taehyung gulped, his jaw tensing and then untensing, "it's in America, Chaeyoung. They want me to go live with them."

Chaeyoung blinked at him dumbfoundedly for a couple seconds, her mind going blank.

"Oh," was the only thing that managed to leave her lips.

A hundred emotions and thoughts whirled through her like a raging tornado that was steadily heading towards her heart, ready to crush it relentlessly.

Releasing one of her cold hands, he tilted her chin to meet his gaze again, his eyes searching her face for the thoughts her words failed to express.

Looking at him – her best-friend, her other half, the person she shared everything with – and trying to picture her life without him was inconceivable. Unimaginable. Absurd, even. Instantly, her eyes began to burn, foreshadowing the endless tears that would soon ensue.

"I know this is selfish of me, Tae," she blinked back tears and then whispered, "but, I don't want you to go."

He inhaled deeply and closed his eyes, like he was severely conflicted.

Chaeyoung laced her fingers through his, forcing him to open his eyes, before saying, "I don't want you to go. But, I will respect and stand by any decision you make."

"Chaeng, I-" he began but Chaeyoung cut him off.

"I know this is a huge decision for you, probably the most important one you'll ever make-"

"Chaeyoung," he tried to say but got cut off again.

"And why should you stay when you've waited all-"

He suddenly placed his hands on either side of her face and lifted it up to meet his intense gaze, immediately shutting her up, "I said no."

She furrowed her brows in confusion, beginning to feel a little guilty, "why would you do that? You've been away from them for so long. This is your chance to finally have your life back."

"My life is here," he murmured, his thumbs brushing her tears away, "my friends, my career, my family. You. Everything I need is right here."

"But you could have so much more," she argued, causing him to smile down at her.

"I don't need more," He continued to wipe her tears, "I've been meaning to tell you something else for the past 12 years, but I've only worked up the courage to do it now."

Chaeyoung scoffed, knitting her brows together in irritation, "is it going to make me cry again?"

He laughed lightly, "maybe, but hopefully in a happy way this time."

She looked at him suspiciously and then sighed in preparation, "okay, I'm ready. What is it?"

"I just thought you should know that I am deeply, madly, and thoroughly in love with you."

Chaeyoung sucked in a sharp breath at those words – the words she'd been waiting all her life to hear from him. She gazed at him with wide, emotional eyes as her breaths came out in short, rapid puffs and her knees became weak. She could feel her pulse accelerate on every point in her body and her stomach fill with an army of butterflies. Feeling overwhelmed and euphoric, her eyes flooded with happy tears this time, representing the words her mouth was too stunned to speak.

"I've watched you grow from a timid little girl to a reckless teenager to a strong and independent woman. And I've loved you through all of it and every step in between. When I look at you, I see a beauty so mesmerizing and deep that I can almost see it radiating from within your soul. You're not just physically beautiful to me, Chaeyoung, you're beautiful in a way that inspires me to be a better man. I fell in love with the unique way my heart flutters only for you and I fell in love with the way you touched me without using your hands. I love you not only for who you are but who I am when I'm with you. Because I have never been more myself than I am when I laugh with you, cry with you, or just talk to you. From the minute you walked into my life, you lit up every dark corner and softened every edge. We have never been only friends. And even though I never told you all of this before, I think we both already knew. Because that's the special thing about us. We know each other to the core, maybe better than we even know ourselves at times."

Throughout all of this, Chaeyoung could only sob uncontrollably as his words warmed every fiber of her being. It didn't matter where they were, or what was going on outside the confines of that tiny elevator. It didn't matter that she'd had to wait 12 years to hear these words. The only thing that mattered in that moment was that he loved her and she loved him. This feeling was well worth the wait.

"Tae," she breathed, dragging her gaze away from his eyes to his heart-shaped lips that she'd imagined kissing for half her life.

He cupped her cheeks and bent his head, slowly inching his face towards hers. He felt so familiar and so unfamiliar all at once – so new. The elevator suddenly felt narrower, pulling them closer together like magnets. Chaeyoung could only hear her own heartbeat echoing in her ears as she closed her eyes in anticipation for the kiss her heart had desired for so long. He felt solid and safe. He felt like home. She rested her hands on his chest as he brought his lips closer and closer to hers until they finally met.

They kissed slowly and gently at first, taking the time to explore each other in a way they'd never done before. His lips gently brushing across hers, their warm, ragged breaths merging as one. Soft and slow movements of their lips like an elegant waltz. But, it wasn't long before their adrenaline kicked in and passion consumed their senses.

He moved his hands from her face to her hips, grasping the silk of her robe and pulling her even closer than she already was, and deepening the kiss. He kissed her like he'd been drowning and she was his oxygen. Her hands clutched the fabric of his suit as her lips connected with his like a bridge to communicate all the overwhelming emotions she couldn't put into words before. They poured everything into that one kiss – their first kiss.

Eventually, they pulled away slightly to breathe and she rested her forehead against his, keeping her eyes closed to savour this precious moment.

"Tae," she whispered, "what the hell took you so long?"

He smiled against her lips, suddenly turning his body to push her against the wall, causing her to gasp lightly.

"Sorry," he murmured, wrapping one arm tightly around her waist and using his other hand to hold hers above her head, "but, I've been waiting for this moment just as long as you have."

And then he kissed her even deeper. Her free hand wrapped around his tie and pulled him closer than they already were. It's like they just couldn't get close enough. Time ceased to be relevant and her world became centered around the places his body was touching hers. Those large hands she'd innocently held many times before were now holding her possessively and with desire. Those lips she'd made curve up into a smile countless times were now pressed against hers with an all-consuming passion. And those almond eyes gazed at her with so much love and affection that made her want to melt in them. She wanted to capture this moment in her memories forever. It was perfect - her first kiss with Taehyung.

Unfortunately, it ended soon. Much too soon, when the elevator rattled gently and they felt it began its descent again.

Taehyung pulled away, gently releasing her hand and brushing her hair away as he gazed down at her. Chaeyoung kept her eyes closed for a couple seconds longer, as her mind tried to catch up with her heart. She wanted to absorb this feeling for a little while longer before reality sunk in. Because for this short moment, this was their safe haven.

"I have to go, Chaeng," he sighed, the elevator on the 10th floor now.

That caused her to finally open her eyes, and to capture him in a quick hug. 

"Come back to me," she whispered just as the elevator reached the main floor.

He smiled widely at her, "I will."

With that, he turned and walked out the elevator doors where the rest of the group awaited them. However, Chaeyoung didn't follow him immediately. Pressing her back against the wall and closing her eyes to recover from their moment, she then tried to convince herself he would get through this mission in one piece.

As hard as she tried, though, an ominous voice in the back of her mind kept asking her why their first kiss felt so much like a goodbye kiss.

~*~

Imagine this as Chaeyoung singing to Tae!

~*~

A/N: That's right, I'm just going to casually drop this intense chapter and hope you're all still alive by the end of it. I barely survived writing it.

Another thing, one of the lovely readers of this story (angiiegu ) has graciously volunteered to translate this story into Spanish, so I will be posting those chapter-by-chapter as they are translated. Thank you once again to Angie for her hard work and dedication! 💓 

And, thank you so much for 3k hearts 😭💓 Someone also sent me this screenshot today:

I don't know who sent in this confession, but thank you so much for showing your support and recommending it to others, it made me so happy to see this! You guys are seriously the best!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

397 17 13
The War Of Business (Jeon Jungkook x reader x KimTaehyung x reader) (BTS X EXO FF) NOTE : In this story I have put 2 Y/N's ( your name ) or 2 ma...
113K 4.5K 53
"What did you think? That I would be scared off by your threats?" I leaned down to him making our faces inches apart. "From now on I'll do what I wan...
5.5K 224 25
Chaeyoung living in a dream where she finally tickles the ivories, strum a guitar, play with a melody all day long. That kind of freedom is Park Chae...
10.1K 1.1K 52
Officer Kim Taehyung found himself in a puzzle when the target slaughtering started happen in South Korea's leading company 'Jeon World',famous for p...