The Dual Bender

By goldendragon225

Korra x Male Reader. There is a prophecy that came to be whilst the first Avatar, Wan was traveling the globe... More

Chapter 1: The Arrival
Chapter 2: Surprising Hero
Chapter 3: Awake
Chapter 4: I Think I'm Going To Like It Here
Chapter 5: Past
Chapter 6: Breaking Out
Chapter 7: Broken
Chapter 8: Pro Bending Finals
Chapter 10: Phoenix
Chapter 11: The Return
Chapter 12: X-7
Chapter 13: Sky
Chapter 14: The Beginning Of The End
Chapter 15: The End Of An Era
Chapter 16: Let Her Live
Chapter 17: Together
Chapter 18: Vacation
Chapter 19: Nightmares
Chapter 20: Captured And Sickness
Chapter 21: Lucifer
Chapter 22: Family?
Chapter 23: Hurt
Chapter 24: A New Technique
Chapter 25: Reasons
Chapter 26: Control
Chapter 27: Fight For Her
Chapter 28: The Decision
Chapter 29: Aftermath
Chapter 30: Aftermath Part 2
Chapter 31: Hell On Earth
Chapter 32: Do We Get What We Deserve?
Chapter 33: Rue Krauss
Chapter 34: Zagan's Return
Chapter 35: The Spirits Revenge
Chapter 36: Training
Chapter 37: Toph
Chapter 38: The Swamps Vision
Chapter 39: Chelsea
Chapter 40: I Deserve It
Chapter 41: The Progressors
Chapter 42: Assassination In Zaofu
Chapter 43: The Undead Bloodbender
Chapter 44: Occurrences
Chapter 45: Valek
Chapter 46: Kuvira's Weapon
Chapter 47: Kuvira's Arrival/The Vision
Chapter 48: Good Luck
Chapter 49: Valek's Emergence
Chapter 50: The Ancient Ability
Chapter 51: The Battle
Chapter 52: The Other Side Of The Family
Chapter 53: The Awakening
Chapter 54: The Universal Spirits
Chapter 55: A Retelling Of The Past
Chapter 56: Training The Instinct
Chapter 57: Kronos
Chapter 58: The Spirit Of Balance
Chapter 59: The Ancient Secret
Chapter 60: The Arrival Of Kronos
Chapter 61:The Arrival Of Hades
Chapter 62: Evening The Odds
Chapter 63: The Killer Of Death
Chapter 64: Apocalypse?
Chapter 65: Poisoned
Chapter 66: Taken
Chapter 67: A... Brother?!
Chapter 68: Victor
Chapter 69: Death

Chapter 9: The Unknown Power

9.6K 186 57
By goldendragon225

Your POV

I wake up strapped down in the middle of the fighting stage on my knees. With him... Amon standing in front of me. I see the stands are empty except for Korra, Bolin, Mako, Tenzin, and Lin.

Korra: "Let him go! I'm the one you want!"

Amon: "Well, you see he took down on of my largest warehouses, he has to pay the price."

Korra: "What price?"

Amon: "I will rid him of his evil, he will be purified." Oh... crap.

Korra: "Take mine instead!" What!? No what is she thinking! She can't do that! I hear Amon laugh.

Amon: "Well, I find that, a fair deal." I see them go to grab her and something inside me clicks.

You: "No..." I see Amon and Korra look to face me.

Korra: "M/N!"

Amon: "What!? No!? How are you awake!? Hurry up and bring the avatar!" I feel it, it's happening again, but why, why am I so angered by this?

You: "NO!" I feel it slipping, and everything goes black again.

Korra POV

What's happening to him?

Amon: "Hurry! I need the avatar!" I feel the men chi block me and yank me to my knees in front of Amon.

Korra: "No! This wasn't the deal! Let him go!" I see him raise his hand above my head. "No!" I close my eyes and brace for it as I feel a tear fall. This is it. I wait, but don't feel anything. I look up to see Amon, with a hand wrapped around his neck. I see him get thrown into the side of the arena, the wall cracking when he hits it. I turn back and see... M/N? His eyes are glowing like they did in the dream. I feel the cuffs around me break. How? They said they were platinum. How did he bend them? He picks me up bridal style and carries me to Tenzin and the others.

You: "Take her back to the temple!" He says sternly. I feel Mako grab me and take off running. I turn back to see M/N, fighting, no thrashing the equalists.

Your POV

You: "What the hell happened?" I say awaking next to the locker of the stadium. 'Get dressed and head to the temple! Now!' I hear the voice say in a different tone of voice I've never heard before. I get dressed and take off for the temple. When I arrive, I see Pema with a bruise on her face crying.

You: "What happened?" I see Korra turn around.

Korra: "You're ok! I was worried!" She says running up to hug me. I hug back slightly, but continue to look around.

You: "Pema what happened?" I ask softly.

Pema: "They Took Them! Jinora! Ikki! Meelo! There all gone!" I take a step back when I hear this. That feeling... it's different, this isn't rage, this is something else. I haven't felt this way since... I feel everything slipping away again, I fall to my knees and punch the ground sending a shockwave outward and leaving a noticeable dent in the earth. How dare they, I look up to see the person I've considered a mother for the past 2 weeks crying, with a bruised face. And then I feel it click, although this time, it doesn't go black. I can still see and hear everything. I look around and see everything has a white-ish tint, but besides that everything seems normal. I look over to Korra and see her and everyone else staring.

Korra POV

I feel it, the shockwave from the punch, it was, unreal the power behind it. I see him begin to lose it again. His eyes begin to glow and I feel the heat radiating from him.

You: "Stay here and rest, Pema needs your comfort right now. I will be back before sunrise." And with that sentence he takes off flying towards the city at speeds I've never seen before. As he's flying I hear an audible boom in the sky. I see Asami gasp.

Korra: "What is it?" She looks at me with a shocked face.

Asami: "He's moving faster than the speed of sound." I look to Mako and Bolin.

Korra: "We need to go help him find them. Asami, can you stay here with Pema?" I see them all nod and we jump on Naga and head towards the city. I don't know what's happening to M/N, and I don't know who took the kids, all I know right now is that they have two of the most powerful people on earth looking for them.

*TIMESKIP*

We looked all night, and into the morning, we asked Lin if she'd seen any sign of them. She said nobody had seen anything suspicious. She sent out a search team throughout the day so we could rest but said we would have to search at night. With that we went back to the temple. I saw Pema sitting on the steps looking over the city. When she sees us arrive she stands up hopefully, but the looks on our faces must have given us away. She sat back down and started to cry again. I see Tenzin walk out to comfort his wife, although it looked like he had been crying to.

Pema: "Oh god I'm never going to see them again." Her head falls into her hands.

Tenzin: "You guys should go get some rest, Lin told me she has people looking for them during the day. We all look at each other and nod, while I see Asami walk around the corner. Pema looks up hopeful at her too.

Asami: "I'm sorry Pema, the docks and the bay showed no sign of them." I see Pema sit again. I walk inside and grab a roll and as soon as I hit the bed I'm out like a rock.

*TIMESKIP*

I awake and see the sun setting and head outside to find Asami, Mako, and Bolin getting ready to head out. We split in two teams, Me and Mako, and Asami and Bolin. Although I see Asami and Mako give each other a look before we part ways.

Korra: "What was that all about?" I ask him as we ride Naga through the empty streets, almost everyone is either asleep or home by now.

Mako: "We broke up." What?

Korra: "Can I ask why?" I feel him grab my shoulder. I turn to face him and see the emotions in his eyes.

Mako: "Because Korra, I love you." I feel him lean in and can't stop myself from leaning in as well. He does love me. I bet he always has too. I feel our lips touch, I feel the passion between us as it happens. I feel him pull back and I turn around and lay into him. We continue searching through the night and meet up with Asami and Bolin in the morning at the docks. We all become quiet when neither one of us has found any sign of them. How were we supposed to tell Pema? We arrive on the island as the sun is rising, and again, Pema is sitting there, although with Tenzin. I see Pema stand and gingerly walk over to us, she looks like she hasn't slept much at all these past two nights.

Pema: "Did you find, anything?" I look down a shake my head no. I hear her begin sobbing again. It's been 36 hours since they disappeared. I look up to Tenzin, now trying to keep his wife standing.

Korra: "Have you guys seen M/N at all?" I see them shake their heads no. Oh no... what if whoever took the kids has M/N too? I'm shaken from my thought by a loud voice coming from the stairs leading up to the temple.

Meelo: "He was all Boom! Kabang! He was like a super leaf!"

Ikki: "He was also like Fireball! Big Rock Attack! And don't forget that big light explosion he did!" I see Meelo and Ikki appear at the top of the stairs.

Pema: "Meelo! Ikki!" I see her run over to them along with Tenzin.

Meelo: "Ma! Dad!"

Ikki: "Mommy! Daddy!" I see them all hug at the top of the stairs until Pema pulls away.

Pema: "Wait! Where's Jinora?!" She questions looking around.

Ikki: "She's walking up the stairs with M/N, she didn't want to leave him when we ran up." As if on cue I see M/N and Jinora appear at the top of the steps. I see Jinora giggling madly and M/N smiling, I also see her blushing a bit when he smiles at her. Oh I "know" I this is going to be funny.

Pema: "Jinora! Are you all ok?" I see them all nod. I walk up to M/N.

Korra: "Are you ok?" I ask, he nods but still seems distant. I hug him gently, but as I feel his back, it's wet. I pull my hand back and see it stained with blood. I look up to him with a stern face. I see him roll his eyes and put a finger to his lips. He covers his mouth and whispers to me.

You: "I didn't want to worry the kids, meet me outside the showers in 15 minutes, I'm going to need you to heal something." I nod, he seems calm enough that's it's nothing life threatening or very serious. I see him walk over to Tenzin with a serious face.

Tenzin: "I don't know how I can tha-"

You: "Its fine, but we don't have time for thank you's anyway, I saw a map with markings on it in the warehouse. The equalists are attacking the city... tonight." I see everybody's faces change instantly. "You need to warn Lin about the attack and tell her to get the troops ready. We might need the United Forces too, depending on how large the attack is. Tell her to try and get General Iroh, I would trust him the most." I see Tenzin nod and run off to radio Lin. I see M/N head off towards the showers. I sit next to Mako and Jinora as we eat. I hear Meelo and Ikki talking about how they escaped, probably over exaggerating the entire thing.

Meelo: "He took on 300 guys alone!" I spray my food all over Bolin at that.

Korra: "What!? 300!?" I turn to Jinora to see if he's telling the truth. She just nods in a daydreamy kind of way.

Jinora: "Yea... he took them all on to save me- uh I mean us, he saved us." I see the blush on her cheeks and hear Pema laugh for the first time in a while.

Pema: "Oh, was he dressed in armor like Prince Charming too?" I see Jinora blush even more and hear everybody laughing softly.

M/N: "What's so funny?" I turn to see M/N with a bandage around his lower back that hooks around his shoulder and a pair of white shorts on.

Korra: "Oh nothing, just talking about how Jin-" I feel a gust of wind blow a roll into my mouth. I hear M/N start laughing and look over to see Jinora smiling at me.

M/N:"Hey, Korra? Could you help me with my back? I'm not gonna lie it's worse than Ithought." I nod and follow him to the healing tub. He unravels the bandage anda see a deep gash in the lower left side of his back, it only looks about aninch deep but still seems to be bleeding quite a bit. I heal it the best I canand wrap a new bandage around it. As I see M/N come out fully clothed andseemingly good as new except for a bad cut next to his left eye. But as we makeour way back to the dining room I hear the whir of an airship. I look to M/Nand we run outside. The sky was lined with airships and I could see somebuildings on fire from the island. The attack had started early.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 29.1K 30
Being alone is bad. Like really bad. Nobody believes in you. Nobody loves you. All you are to her is a servant but to him you are so much more. To hi...
46.9K 1.6K 25
。・:*:・✰ 𝗮 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆 𝗶𝗻 𝘄𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗵, 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘂𝗻𝗿𝗮𝘃𝗲𝗹 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗲𝗰𝗿𝗲𝘁𝘀 𝗼𝗳 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗳𝗮𝗺𝗶𝗹𝘆 . 𝗸𝗼𝗿𝗿𝗮𝘀𝗮𝗺𝗶 𝘅 𝗳𝗲𝗺! 𝗿𝗲𝗮...
98.6K 3.2K 18
- "All I want to do is be more like me and be less like you." - Y/n always searched for an escape as little, always feeling captured by the past. - "...
127K 4K 86
PLEASE READ. So, this is the story that I mentioned in chapter seventy-two of my first LoK story. Alot of you seemed to like the idea, so here it is...