ExtraOrdinary

由 OriginallyMundane

"Awe, what's the matter, Princess? Cat got your tongue?" Sin smirked. "I am not a Princess," I declared. He s... 更多

Before Reading
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Authors Note
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Authors Note
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty- Three
Note
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty- Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Please Read
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Questionnaire!
Chapter Forty- Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty- Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Note
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty- Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Epilogue
New story!
NEW BOOK

Chapter Thirteen

11.4K 479 54
由 OriginallyMundane

Warning: Has not been edited

I walked home feeling like a ton of bricks was on my shoulders- growing heavier with each step I took.

He chose his other family over me- over us. He chose an infidelity over us and is just going to leave us behind like second hand smoke.

I briskly wiped off the tears that ran down my red cheeks.

I stopped into a corner store and went into the bathroom to compose myself.

It was small and smelled completely of urine and feces, but I ignored it. Walking over to the mirror in the corner I took in the sight of myself.

My usually contained blonde hair was a mess from the wind and running my fingers through it. My once sparkling green eyes were dull with deep bags under them. The red in my cheeks and around my puffy lips was prominent, looking as if I had been punched. All in all, I looked like a walking accident.

Accident.

I remember my father- my sperm donor- saying that once when I was younger.

Flashback

"Mommy, how do you get a baby to grow in your tummy?"

My mothers eyes widened and a light blush covered her slightly freckled cheeks. She took off her apron and oven mitts, placing them on the countertop beside her.

She kneeled over, right next to where I was playing with my dolls.

"Well honey-"

She was cut off from the slam of the front door.

My father stumbled into the den- looking like a train wreck.

His tie was halfway undone and his shirt was partially untucked from his pants. His usually crisp suit was now wrinkled and crinkled as if he had been in a brawl before coming home. His dark brown hair was untamed and sticking up everywhere while his usually happy eyes were glossy and filled with disgust.

I had discovered when I was younger than I am now, that daddy was almost always nice to me and mommy.

Unless he had that poison. Alcohol, that's what mommy calls it. When daddy has it, he turns mean and like a monster. It's very rare he has it unless there's been a hard day at the office.

He grumbled incoherently and threw his stuff on the floor, kicking off his shoes.

Mother looked at me and began to start where she left off.

"A baby is made when two people are very in love with each other. When their hearts are bursting with love, a fairy comes. While the couple is sleeping, the fairy sprinkles magical fairy dust over the mommy's tummy and-Voila! There the baby is- growing inside the mommy's tummy," she finished with a smile.

My father let out a snort.

"Yeah, but when the fairy came to us, she gave us you by accident."

My father walked out of the room, my mother hot on his tail and bursting with anger. Their bedroom door closed lightly, followed by muffled shouts.

Flashback Fin

Am I really that horrible to have as a child?

I bring home straight A's. I'm always polite and use my manners. I hardly ask for anything- ever. I put school ahead of my own well being! I've never touched drugs or alcohol- except for the occasional sip at Christmas.

What is so wrong with me to make everyone hate me? 

Will I always be second best? 

I wiped my eyes from the new tears and ran cold water- splashing it over my pale face.

Taking in a shaky breath, I made my way to the counter.

"Cigarettes, please."

"What kind?"

"Um- Anything Menthol."

He handed them to me while I gave him the money.

I looked back behind me, ran to a cooler and brought back something else.

"I.D needed for alcohol purchases," said the man behind the counter.

"You didn't I.D me for these," I retorted, holding up the pack of cigarettes.

"Yeah, well you don't look any older than eighteen, so I can sell you cigs but not alcohol. Sorry." He went to put the alcohol behind the counter but I quickly reached out and grabbed his arm.

He looked at me through squinted eyes. Now this man was neither too big nor too small- but he still looked like he could chew me up then spit me out.

Here goes nothing.

"How about a deal. You let me pay for the alcohol and I won't tell anyone, especially since you just sold cigarettes to a minor without checking I.D," I smirked when his face paled and reluctantly scanned the bottle.

I thanked him as I left with a smug smile.

Opening the pack, I took one out and pulled out a lighter in my bag.

I quickly lit it, inhaling the cancer and blowing it back out through my nose.

Unscrewing the lid of the bottle I took a quick swig, letting the bitter nectar dance over my taste buds. I wanted to gag at the foul taste but I held it at bay.

That's what I did the whole way back home. I would take a drag, then take a swig. Drag, swig, drag, swig.

The buzz started in immediately, numbing my senses and warming the inside of my body. The sun was almost down as the bitter cold night started to settle around me.

I was a little more than two blocks away, stumbling down the side walk.

The liquor was gone. My hope was gone. I felt... Defeated. I felt lonely and numb, like no one gave a damn about me anymore. Except for Tris.

Tris was the only person who cared about me, the last person I cared about. But she wouldn't be with me forever. After this year she will be heading to her dream college in San Francisco, next thing you know she will be married with children.

Hell, even Sin and I weren't going to last as friends. I knew it. He knew it. Everyone on the damn planet knows it!

Decland... I don't know. It's hard to tell. One minute he's there for me, the next he's down Aria's throat. I hope that someday, we can be more- but deep down, I have a gut feeling that will never happen.

I turned onto my street- at least, I think this is my street. My vision was blurred and tilted, making me stumble for the umpteenth time in the past five minutes.

So this is what it feels like to be drunk?

I started to fumble for my bag, pulling out my keys and prepared to unlock my door.

What I didn't prepare for was the body hunched over on my porch, typing furiously on his phone.

The keys slipped from my fingers and fell on the cold cement- making his head shoot up.

"Avalon?"

I stumbled over again and giggled when I landed on the hard ground.

His eyebrows rose up as he tried to help me to my feet. His nose crinkled as he sniffed the air around me, probably smelling the alcohol and smoke.

"Have you been drinking?" He sniffed again. "And smoking?"

I struggled to stand up right and keep my focus on all of his faces.

Nodding my head, he sighed.

"Come on, let's get you inside. You're freezing."

He held onto me tightly by the waist whilst my left arm was slung over his shoulder.

"You smell nice," I giggled. I breathed in another whiff of him. "Like, oranges and mint."

He chuckled lowly while taking the keys from my hand and opening the door.

I slipped off my shoes and bound into the kitchen for a glass of water. After filling it to the brim then chugging another two glasses, I found Sin in the den, looking at old family photos.

Betrayal came into chest like a flood gate being opened.

"Where were you? I came here to meet you like six hours ago and no one answered the door. I tried texting and calling you but with no answer, so I just waited," he asked curiously.

My mind was still a bit fuzzy as I told him about meeting my father for lunch. He nodded and turned his head away, assuming that I was lying.

I swallowed a big lump in my throat as tears started to well, "He left us."

He looked towards me again with a look of shock that was soon replaced with a sad face.

"I'm sorry, doll. Do you want to talk about it?"

We made our way upstairs to my room where we sat on my bed and I told him everything. If we were going to be friends, I decided to start from the beginning and get it all off my chest.

By the time I was finished, tears left rivers of water down my face. Sin was rubbing soothing circles into my back and softly whispering that it would all be okay.

"I-I want to do something reckless," I admitted. I looked up to already see him looking at me with a small smile.

"What would that be, Princess?"

I cringed at the nickname. "I don't know. Just something- anything- to get me out of this slump. I want to feel... alive. Like last time. I'm tired of being this goody two shoed little girl. I'm tired of being walked on and always being chosen last," I replied.

He smirked, making his plump lips look irresistible.

"I know just the thing. We can go tomorrow, as long as you remember this," he said.

His beautiful orbs searched mine. The little flecks of green were being drowned by the deep blue sea in his irises. Slowly, I felt myself drowning in them- unable and unwilling to look away.

I don't know if it was the alcohol or just the plain stupidity of my brain that caused me to do. I may have just been caught up in the moment, I don't know!

But it was stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

I leaned forward and touched my lips to his. A feeling churned in my stomach, causing me to add more pressure to the kiss.

I pulled away quickly, regretting my impulse to do that.

Sin's eyes were wide and a faint tinge of pink was plastered on his cheeks.

The feeling churned deeper in my stomach, making my eyes water and my throat constrict.

"Avalon, I-"

Before he could finish, I sprinted to the bathroom, up chucking the contents of my stomach. I barely had gotten to the toilet when everything came flying out, leaving me gagging and gasping for air. I hated getting sick. I hated it with a strong passion.

I felt fingertips graze my hair and pull it back while another hand rubbed my back soothingly.

I looked up to see Sin watching me with knowing eyes. He knew I would be sick, that cheeky bastard.

I threw up several more times before finally emptying everything from my stomach. A slight buzz was still there and I could feel the impending headache.

I felt strong arms grab me and pull me to my feet before lifting me and carrying me to bed.

Thank god I had already changed into comfortable clothes, I thought.

He softly laid me on my bed, tucking the covers under me. He turned off all the lights and removed his shoes and clothing, opting to leave his jeans on. The bed sunk down slightly from his weight as he crawled in beside me.

We talked for hours- completely forgetting my blunder of kissing him out of the blue.

My eyes started to feel heavy and drifting closed slightly.

"I know you will probably forget this whole night," Sin started, seeing my half conscious state, "but I'm really looking forward to helping you catch that thrill tomorrow."

I smiled a small smile and snuggled up closer to him, placing my hand on his chest.

"I hope not. But if I do... Thank you for tonight, Sin. You had better be happy I'm still slightly buzzed," I laughed, knowing he would never get a 'thank you' from me if I was sober.

He chuckled.

"Goodnight, Sin."

"Goodnight, Princess."

I felt him place a tender kiss on my head as my eyes closed completely, losing my battle to stay awake.

Whoa. Whoa. Whoa.

So what did you guys think? I decided to do a little extra since you all are liking the book so much and we are now a little passed 1,600 reads!

It may not seem like much to some people, but to me it is! It makes me so Happy to see the reads, on something I wrote, continuously go up! I get those warm tingly feelings lol so this chapter is the longest so far in the book. I am going to try and start making them ALL this long, but, no promises!

So, what did everyone think of drunk Avalon?

What has been everyone's favorite scene so far?!

Make sure to

Comment★Vote★Enjoy

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

483 6 19
Rowan Madeline North has always been a fairly average girl; she has an average school life, average sports skills, and admittedly below-average grade...
2.4K 85 26
A parody... except it slowly gets less satirical as I get way too attached to the characters and turn the story into a shipping-fest ~~~~ "Why are yo...
2.1K 67 19
"Well then. That's the first time a girl has ever rejected my close proximity," he said, eyes ablaze with a playful fire. "You better get used to it...
3.5M 89.9K 51
Highest rank #27 in Teen Fiction. Written by @apricitys. _ _ _ "What is this?" He asked, not even bothering to look at the canvas in front of me. Ins...