Maxerica: That One Bullet

By Baesies

During the Selection, America is pregnant with Maxon's child. Just as Maxon announces his future wife, rebels... More

Who Knew?
Time Flies
Secrets Must Be Kept Secret
Choices, Choices
Bullets Hurt
Mistaken
Forgiven
Cancels Out
Faults
Obsessed
Caught
Roses
Where to?
My Right
Cuties
Bloody Hell
Never Forget
Savior
Baby Steps
Reign
It's Time
Regrettably
Panic
Lying Is a Bad Habit
Denied
Ransom
Bright Ideas, Bad Execution
Soon, So Soon
Her Voice, Her Reality
The Part, Where I Say "I Don't Want It"
Sacrifices Mean Something
Accepting, Accepted
This is Me (Epilogue)
Wise Words
Truth or Truth
Was It The Truth?
Questionaire
My Part, My Doing
Faults Of One Another
Fire Away
I'll Pretend
And I'll Suffer

Friends Help

4.1K 57 10
By Baesies

"Marlee! I haven't seen you at all since the rebel attack!" America said.

"I know right! It's just I've been busy with Kile. You love them, but they are so distracting and they mess up your schedule. My advice? Don't have anything planned for the day, just let it all play out. Chances are, you're not even going to get to your plans."

"I'll take note of that."

"Oh, I'm sorry Your Majesty," Marlee said curtsying. 

"No need. We're basically family." 

"Yet, you two aren't married yet...." She smirked at me.

"Right......" I said, ending that conversation.

"I heard that you were going to stay home and have the children, Why not here?"

"I've just been feeling homesick and May and Gerad need me. Without Kenna or Kota, they feel empty, and to be honest I do too."

"Sooo, If you feel like that, why are you here then?"

"This guy is holding me hostage!" She said pointing to me. I stood straighter and smiled. 

"What was I supposed to do? Let you leave? Again? I learn from my mistakes. You don't!" I accused.

"What do you mean "I Don't?!" I learn just as much as you!"

"America...Can we be real here?"

"Ugh, Leave. I need to speak with a Lady that doesn't work for me, or our relations are tied by work."

"Hey! That's unfair! You have Doctor Ashlar."

She gave me a glare and I knew what was happening. She looked at the door and gave me the face like "If you don't leave, I will hurt you."

"Okay, Okay. Geez, I feel attacked, I need a male in my life."

"You have Ahren." She countered. 

Now it was my turn to glare at her. She smiled back.

"I mean someone I can talk to."

"You can talk to them, they can hear you know?"

"We'll then I will be in your room by evening to talk,"

"Out!" She yelled smiling.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Maxon, how many weeks until America's due?"

"Around 2 weeks."

"Perfect, I need you to explain to her that we need her children. She obviously won't trust me with them, but they're your children. I expect you to treat this professionally. I don't want the public thinking  that these are America's children."

"Father, I never agreed to this, I won't do it."

"If you don't do it, I will, only it will be much more painful for her, than for you." He threatened.

"Father. You don't get between a mother-children relationship. For all I know, America will turn the palace upside down to find her children if you manage to take them."

"Take her children, have the public think they are Kriss' and send America out!" 

"I won't do it!"

"Yes, you will. You know why. You don't want to hurt your little America more than she is already. She's gone through so much, and yet you want her in even more pain." 

"Do not threaten me!"

"And do not defy me! I am for father! I know whats best for you."

"What are my choices. If I even have any."

"One, you can take custody of the children and have the public believe that those are Kriss' and marry Kriss. America will go home and be sad for a few months, but she'll get over it. Two, don't do what I say and America will leave with plenty of scars. They make great story starters. Don't get me started and what will happen to her emotional health though. Maxon don't make a mistake, choose Kriss and America won't be hurt physically."

"Father, I can't decide now." 

"You have 24 hours. Leave now."

I walked out of the room, leaving me Kriss listening in on the conversation.

"Choose one! Please!"

"Kriss I just said I can't decide now."

"Choose one! I would be happy to raise America's children as my own. She was always a great friend, and I want her close by. I want a connection with her. Choose one, for me."

"Kriss! I can't!"

"Why not? America will end up in scars all over her body if you don't!"

"I know that! I'm not stupid to remember!"

"I'm sorry...It's just that I want you. Just you. The twins happen to be there, but I'm fine with that as long you're on board."

"I have to talk to America." 

"Of course."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"America?!" I yelled.

"Shhhhhhhh!" Doctor Ashlar yelled at me. "Your Majesty! This is a hospital where people are trying to rest and recover." 

"I'm sorry, but where's America?"

"She's sleeping, but most likely you woke her up. With all the other patients" 

"I'm sorry, it's just important."

"America?"

"What are you doing? I heard you across the room yelling my name"

"Yeah, probably not a good idea."

"So, I never got your opinion on the names Eadlyn and Ahren. Thoughts?"

"I like the names, but Kriss might choose something different"

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"My father wants to take custody of the children."

"And you're letting him!?" She yelled at me. "Maxon! Who do you think you are right now?"

"The future ruler of this fine country."

"And in this "fine country" You allow taking mothers from their children?"

"It's not my fault you signed the custody contract!"

"The King gave me no choice. Even when I refused, he still canned me!"

"That changes nothing!!"

"Oh, it changes nothing? My skin and flesh mean nothing to you? These children mean so much to you, that you are taking their biological mother away? Which basically implying that I mean nothing to you."

"I never said that!"

"Yes, but you implied it! You said that changes nothing after I was canned. By your own father too! You never even asked about what would happen if it hurt the children."

"Wait what happened?"

"Ugh, do not even try right now! Acting like you care all of a sudden."

"I do care! They are half mine too!"

"You have full custody of them. Find out yourself. Tell Doctor Ashlar I do not wish for any visitors. I'm quite tired. You know? I must give my firstborn children to a woman who clearly just wants you. You need my children for heirs." 

"America....Stop that! I care. You know that!"

"You care so much that you're taking them from me."

"Not by choice. By force."

"Get out!"

"No."

"I said, Get! Out!"

"No"

"Maxon! I don't want you here! Leave!"

"America, don't make me."

"I. Don't. Want. You. Here."

"Arghhh!"

"Don't get frustrated with me!" I yelled back

"Maxon!"

"Okay! Enough yelling I think I got all that."

"Maxon! 

"What now?! What more do you wish to yell at me."

"Get the doctor" she whispered.

"Huh?"

"Get the doctor!" She yelled regaining her strength.

"Why? You're fine!"

"Stop it............."

"America?" I yelled. "America!?"

"Doctor Ashlar?!" I yelled, but he was already on it. 

"When a pregnant lady says "Get a doctor" You get a damn doctor! You don't ask questions."

"Is she alright?"

"Not sure, you better pray that she is though."

"Where should I go."

"Try and burn that contract if you have time, It would do her some good." She said, and with that, she was pushing America into an emergency room."

"Maxon....I don't want you in the room. I want to be the first person my children see. Since you and Kriss will see them for a lifetime." She said as she was rolled off.

"America..."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------America's still in the emergency room---------------------------------

"How is America doing? Can I see her?" I asked trying to walk into the room.

"Your Majesty, I'm sorry, even if you are royalty, we must follow patient wishes. If America does not want you in that room, you are not allowed in that room."

"But, they are my children!"

"I understand that, but America requests that you stay in the waiting room. She made that quite clear."

"So, I will miss the birth of my children, because America won't give me permission to enter?"

"Yes. Pretty much"

"Bull," I whispered.  

"If you want, I can ask again. The answer will be pretty similar though."

"Yes, please ask, and tell her her children won't be taken away."

"Is that true?"

"No." 

--------------------------------

"So?"

"Wear this. And this. And this." She said, giving me a gown, gloves and mask. "Newborns are not immune to sicknesses and diseases yet." 

"Did she say yes?" 

"Yes, but be warned, she is in pain because of that scar. Every time she pushes, pain sears through."

"Oh."

"America?" I look up to her, she was sweating so much, and still pushing. I looked at her, but she didn't look at me. She was looking at that scar on her inner thigh. 

"Maxon...It hurts...a lot.." She laughed playfully. "I'm so tired, can you take over?" She smiled again. 

"I would take over for you immediately If I could." 

"I want to sleep....."

"After you push out Eadlyn and Ahren."

"So you're not changing the names into what Kriss wants?"

"No honey. Not today." 

"Your Majesty, I'm going to need you to calm down for whats about to happen, America has had some pain attacks, and we've had to stop multiple times for rest. To much pain can cause severe damage."

"Of course."

"Brace yourself, I know America's screams is not something you look forward to every day."

"AHHHHHHH!" America yelled. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62.4K 736 44
After Maxon and America's selection America and Maxon have four children. When the eldest comes of age a new selection shell begin. Annabelle only jo...
60.3K 707 27
What if the rebels didn't attack? What if Maxon chose Kriss? Will he marry Kriss? And will America get her happily ever after? Find out here in Maxon...
152K 2.3K 48
I am a total Maxerica shipper so read the whole thing before giving up one me. Queen Amberlys first miscarriage never happened. Leaving Maxon with...
23.8K 104 26
What if Maxon's parents didn't die. But Kriss did. Maxon was forced to marry America. Will they both find their love they once had before again.