I will win you Back ( Current...

By MysTeRhea_fanfics

She saw a dream but he destroyed it. The girl who was waiting for a prince charming to come on a white horse... More

Shattered soul
Perplex
Unworthy
Worried
Somethings off
Tables have turned
Emotionless
A stand
Guilt
Desperation leads to Insanity
Good new at last
A little peace
Unspoken goodbyes
Terror
The Unmasking
The day of Doom
The hidden side
Pieces of the puzzle
When the wall breaks down
The beginning of the end
'Titalya'
The defeat of ASR
Tough Choices
Gone
And the clouds rained again
Between Dread and Devastation
Silver linings shine through
Hope
Cracks
Road to Recovery
Good news Bad news
Here come the little angels
The break of a new dawn

The start of a storm

9.5K 453 34
By MysTeRhea_fanfics

It had been 3 days since Shyam had left and the dynamics between Arnav and Khushi had completely changed. Earlier Khushi was the one to constantly pester Arnav with questions about their marriage and he remained silent but this time it was Arnav who was constantly trying to start conversations between them, but she remained adamant to not discuss anything other than work and house matters. She was completely prepared for a lashing from him on her constant ignorance but somehow Shyam's departure had brought out a level of patience in him, unseen till then, which helped him endure her silence. By this time, even the family had noticed the tension between them but kept quiet leaving the matter to the couple. 

The evening sky had brought an orange tint to the room as Khushi stood near the cupboard arranging the freshly arrived laundry. Arnav came in from office, tired from work only to stop at the door admiring the beauty in front of him. 

Khushi had tucked the end of her red saree's pallu into her skirt, and the dori had untied, moreover her tight bun had rendered only a thin strap of her blouse to cover her back. 

Khushi had sensed his presence the minute he reached the door, and froze feeling his intense stare on her back. Fumbling with the pallu she freed it and was about turn when she heard the sound of the bolt.

As soon as he reached her, he saw her hands clutching the shirt hung directly in front of her. Taking his own sweet time to let his fingers linger at her back, he tied the dori and stood their holding her shoulders. She took a sharp intake of breath, as she felt his hands moving through her neck freeing her hair. He smelled her rose scented-shampoo as her dark locks covered his face. As his chin rested for her shoulder, her eyes closed involuntarily. In that moment, all was forgotten, the thoughts of Shyam and the contract thrown away as they melted into the moment. His other hand slowly  traveled across her arm and was moving to snake around her waist when the shrill ringing of her phone brought them back from their trance. While Arnav cursed under his breath, Khushi scolded herself internally moving away to check her mobile phone. 

Seeing the unknown number flashing on the screen, she cut the call and ran downstairs,

Arnav went to the washroom to freshen up. But when he came out, he saw her phone still ringing. Assuming the call to be urgent, he picked it up and barked out a "Yes" only for a sickening feeling to rise in his stomach hearing the familiar voice just for a minute. 

"Khushiji, hum aapko mauqa de rahe hai, bhaag jaayien waha sein."

(Khushiji, I'm giving you a chance, run from there.)

Recognizing the voice, he let out a surprised exclamation only for the call to be cut. 

"Shyam."

Khushi stood in the kitchen lost with a slight blush thinking of the recent happenings in Arnav's room as Anjali and Payal came in discussing the preparations for the next day's prayer meeting. 

Looking at the blushing girl standing lost, Anjali and Payal smiled in relief thinking that the dispute between their siblings had ceased. 

"Kya hua, Khushiji?  Aap aisi khoyi khoyi si kyun dikh rahi hai? Kisine kuchh kiya hai kya?"

(What happened, Khushiji? Why are you looking so lost? Did someone do something?)

Anjali questioned the girl, teasing her and got her desired response.

"Nahi Di, Arnavji ne kuchh nahi kiya."

(No Di, Arnavji didn't do anything.)

Payal and Anjali looked at each other with mischievous looks and turned to a now pink-cheeked Khushi.

"But Di didn't even take Arnavji's name, so why are you so flustered?"

Payal teased her sister lightly nudging her. 

"Jiji, actually........Offo Jiji, leave all that na, we need to make the sweets."

Having mercy at the girl seeing her nervously fidgeting with her pallu's end, they decided to let the matter go, happy that the relationship between Khushi and Arnav was now better.

They started preparing the mixture for the ladoos as Khushi quickly whipped up a ton of batter and began making the jalebis on autopilot trying to figure out where her marriage stood. 

Arnav who had come down to witness the scene between the sister-in-laws, fumed at his wife joking with his sister, the very woman whose life she seemed to be hell-bent on destroying. 

Dialing his Assistant he walked out to make certain arrangements. 

As everyone retired to their rooms for the night, Arnav held onto Khushi's arm harshly preventing her from helping her sister to clear the table. Payal smiled at her assuring it was fine, not noticing Arnav's anger and Khushi's fear.

Dragging her to the stairs, he suddenly felt her jerking her wrist out of his hold. He was about to hold her again when he saw her quietly going to their room. Taking a deep breath to prepare himself for the forthcoming events. 

As soon as he entered the room, she heard him locking the door. Tightening the hold on her pillow and sheet, she continued going towards the poolside, ignoring the glare he was giving her. 

"Khushi!"

Pausing as she heard her name, she turned towards him with no surprise on her face. 

Khushi was well-aware of her husband's temper and she knew that by ignoring him for ll this time, she was only awakening the beast in him that had fallen asleep due to the guilt he had when she had fallen ill. In fact, she was actually surprised about the fact that he could hold himself back for so long,

Taking four long strides, he reached her and took the pillows and sheet from her hand. Throwing them on the recliner, he forcefully turned her to face him.

"Shyam se door raho. Di ki pregnancy mein waise hi complications hai, iss par unhe apne pati ke affair ki tension ki koi zaroorat nahi hai."

(Stay away from Shyam. Di already has complications in her pregnancy, she doesn't need the tension of her husband's affair to top it off.)

Taking his hands off her, she turned away, only to have him pull her back against him.

Tightening his hold on her arm as he held her completely stuck to his front, he whispered in her ears, trying to control himself from shouting so as to not wake up the entire family. 

"Please, Khushi, Di has finally found her happiness. Her life is about to be complete, don't ruin this for her and yourself. It's been 3 days since he's gone an he called Di just once from the station whereas he's called you more than 20 times. Don't do this Khushi, don't do this to Di."

Freeing her arm she pushed herself off him and turned around. 

"How many times do I need to tell you, that I am not going to reply to your meaningless accusations. You said yourself that he's been calling me constantly, but did I an......you know what, leave it, I will not stoop down to explain myself to someone as stupid a you. When Devi Maiyaan wishes, she will bring the truth in front of your eyes. Justice will be served and that day, you will not be able to do anything other than be regretful."

One more filler and we'll reach the big twist.

Thank you for waiting, next chapter Sunday....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

643K 43.2K 92
Based on the popular show Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon Season 1 Khushi and Arnav represent the worst part of each other's pasts. Neither want anything...
312K 21.6K 50
It is a sweet story of Arnav and Khushi. This story starts with Shyam's truth out about him being a married man. From the episode dated 11th December...
933K 35.1K 43
Journey of Arnav and khushi towards love after marriage.
190K 7.6K 17
A rewrite of the show IPKKND. Arnav was not kidnapped from the airport. How does Khushi try to prove her innocence? How does Arnav find out the truth...