Gone Country

By dbookjunkie

Charlotte Jackson may be rich, but her life is hardly a breeze. Her father is marrying a young gold digger na... More

Gone Country
*Prologue*
Chapter 1 (Battles)
Chapter 2 (It's Not A Date, But It's A Date)
Chapter 3 (His Mother's Apron)
Chapter 4 (Change Of Plans)
Chapter 5 (Charlotte Jackson, Or Just, Charlotte?)
Chapter 6 (I Promise)
Chapter 7 (He's Crazy)
Chapter 8 (Keep On Truckin')
Chapter 9 (Fighting)
Chapter 10 (One Call)
Chapter 11 (Two Right Feet?)
Chapter 12 (Decisions)
Chapter 13 (Help Wanted)
Chapter 14 (Should've Told Her)
Chapter 15 (The Strong Ones)
Chapter 16 (Fix It)
Chapter 17 (In A Jam)
Chapter 18 (Blaring Distress)
Chapter 19 (Acceptance)
Chapter 20 (Their Place)
Chapter 21 (Who's Not Good Enough?)
Chapter 22 (Out The Country, Into The City)
Chapter 23 (His Letter)
Chapter 24 (Turning Over A New Leaf)
Chapter 25 (Our Day, My Day?)
Chapter 26 (Let It Out)
Chapter 27 (Save The Girl)
Chapter 28 (Forgive? Not Yet)
Chapter 30 (Trouble Comes In Pairs)
Chapter 31 (Halfway There)
Chapter 32 (Separation Issues)
Chapter 33 (Christmas Morning Blues)
Chapter 34 (Finally Right)
Chapter 35 (Their Future)
Chapter 36 (Changes?)
Chapter 37 (For The Love Of Chocolate)
Chapter 38 (The Surprise Spawn Of Angel)
Chapter 39 (Time To Move On)
Chapter 40 (The Beautiful Rose)
Chapter 41 (Fifty-Fifty)
Chapter 42 (The Returning)
Chapter 43 (Forks And Spoons)
***Impotant***
Chapter 44 (A Shell-less Turtle)
Chapter 45 (Understand The Circumstance)

Chapter 29 (Effort)

19.4K 276 30
By dbookjunkie

*Brant*

Even in my dreams I knew when she crawled into bed with me. Every dream becomes vibrant, sexier when she's near me. If having dirty dreams about her wasn't enough, when she joined me in bed they became a full fledge wet fantasy. I figured because I could feel her presence, it alerted my body that she was close enough to make every fantasy I was thinking about come true if she wanted.

Then I felt her kiss my cheek, her sweet tone of voice telling me she loved me with all of her heart. I bit my lip, moaning in my throat as I squirmed restlessly in bed. "Dreaming about me?" I hear her breathy voice whisper. I felt her purposely rub my bulge, not helping my situation calm in any kind of way. My back arched at the feel and I took in a sharp breath full of need.

My eyes flew open and I realized that only half of the things I had been dreaming about actually happened. She only had her arm tossed over my waist, but she had whispered those things in my ear, just not quite as seductive as my dreams portrayed it to have sounded. The squirming, and the pleasure in thinking that she was doing all of these dirty things was real, just not the actual contact.

"Holy crap," I breathed out, dazed.

"I don't know what I did to make you start having these steamy sex dreams about us, but I'm starting to like waking up and coming in here to hear you moan my name," she teased while leaning over to give me a kiss.

"Trust me when I say that having the dream is way better than your end of the deal." I relaxed my body into the mattress, softly gripping her messy hair when she gave me my good morning kiss. We slowly moved our lips together, savoring the sweet moment we were sharing. She had no clue how much I wanted her right now.

"Good morning to you too," she purred when my mischievous hand slipped past her waist to grip onto her butt. I pressed her against the mountain the dirty dream I had about her caused, positive that I've never wanted a girl as much as I have wanted her.

"January twenty-fifth, you are mine," I moaned.

She pulled away, giggling at me. Her hand softly rested against my cheek, her eyes twinkling as she held my gaze. "When that day comes, you can have every last bit of me." She wiggled her brows at me, playfully tickling my chin. I couldn't hold back, she was way too cheerful to see me this morning. I crushed my lips against hers, pulling her under me to show her exactly how she made me feel.

She laughed, squealed, moaned, and bit her lip during my passionate kisses and touches. I smiled at her reactions, admiring her to myself, and delighting in how right it felt to hold her or kiss her, to roll around in bed quietly laughing, even flirting. I was happy.

After watching those home videos a couple of days ago, I had a whole new outlook on our relationship. She was even more beautiful to me. I felt that bond we had when we were babies reconnect again. I wouldn't cry when she wasn't around, but I would definitely miss her terribly, I always do.

Things were slowly changing for her too. I was proud of Phillip for giving her two days to herself to calm down and remember who he was to her, but it was nice to see that he was now putting in an effort to win his daughter's trust back. Just yesterday he came over with a huge flower bouquet of daisies that had a nice card expressing how wonderful a daughter she was and that her mother would be proud to see what a strong woman she has grown up to be. The man knew how to tug on my baby's heartstrings, that was for sure.

He wasn't the only one putting in effort. The baby blue eyed beauty below me, that was wearing a smile that out shone the sun, she has been making sure he knew that she loves him and that she is glad he's around more. I've noticed how happy it seems to make him to hear her say that she liked having him close by and actually being the center of his attention at some point in his day. It's not all about work for him anymore. She was becoming a big part of his world again, that made her feel special.

Looking down into her eyes this morning, I could see that she was happier, possibly even happy enough to go back home and put this past them once and for all. "What's for breakfast?" I asked my beautiful girl. I lowered my head, gently kissing her tender lips with a smile. "Please say you," I begged, the pain of waiting to make love to her almost too unbearable handle. Some days I am perfectly fine with waiting, then there are moments like these that I'm dying to end all of this torture.

"You will have me soon," she giggled, rubbing her nose against mine. "And as for breakfast, you're on your own, baby-cakes. Niona and I are going shopping today since she's heading back home tomorrow. I've hardly seen her all week, so we're going to get some much needed girl time."

I was happy for her. Niona and Austin have been caught up in one another since she arrived. Austin doesn't get to see her as much as he would like, I think that's why Charlotte has been so okay with Niona being MIA. She misses her best friend, but she wasn't one to interrupt a good thing like two long distant lovers finally getting to see one another.

"Are you really going to let me starve?" I asked her with a pout she couldn't help but give in to. "The way to a man's heart is through his stomach, you know."

She rolled her eyes, linking her arms around my neck as I pulled her up from my bed. "Your food is in the microwave."

I love her so. I kissed her lips, murmuring a thank you before I let her go. She pranced ahead of me out my room, but took a turn into the bathroom to shower and get ready for her day. Like every morning so far, I went to the kitchen and warmed up the lukewarm breakfast my lovely girlfriend had made for me probably an hour ago.

I don't have to get up as early as I use to, Phillip has gotten into the habit of coming over and doing the urgent morning chores I have, leaving me with other chores that I can do in the evening. He's always been attached to my dad, but ever since Charlotte expressed how he really made her feel, he suddenly had to seek advice from my father every second of the day.

My mother entered the kitchen, bills from the mailbox in her hand. "Brant Alex Young, you haven't been to Austin's in days! Would you like to explain where this money is really coming from?" she said in a stern voice, holding up the latest envelope full of money Charlotte has sold her clothes for.

"I'm a stripper?" I tried.

My mother snorted. "Honey, I've seen you dance, you wouldn't make this much money."

I opened my mouth to protest, after all Charlotte thinks my butt is cute, I figured that would be my money maker instead of my dance moves. "No more lies, Brant!" my mother yelled at me, tossing the money onto the countertop.

Charlotte was going to kill me, but she would have to get in line behind my mom and dad after I spill my guts over this one. I was backed in a corner with no way out, not even a distraction that I could use to my advantage. I scratched the back of my neck and smiled awkwardly at her. "It's from Charlotte," I confessed. My mother let out a frustrated sigh. "She's been selling her clothes to help out."

In all my life I have never heard my mother swear, but this was too much for her. "Damn it, Brant!" she yelled, running her hand through her hair. "It stops now! This isn't her problem, it isn't even your problem. No more! Do you understand me?"

I nodded. "Yes, ma'am."

She picked up the envelope, forcing me to take it. "Give this back to her and tell her that I said if she ever does something like that again, I will personally ship her to South America."

This side of my mother was too scary for words. I watched her carefully, making sure that she was okay from a distance. It was clear to me that my mother needed a well deserved vacation from how it looked like she was at wits end. Behind her neat, clean, and beautiful appearance, there was a woman who has pulled her hair out too many times due to stress. She works hard to keep us happy, even if it meant putting her happiness aside for a while. It was time to give her a break.

"Mama..." She looked up from the bills, when I went over and took her tired face into my hands. "You need a vacation." I lowered my head down and placed a kiss on her forehead. "I don't like seeing you like this. You need some time to relax and refresh."

She humorlessly laughed at the idea. "I don't have time for a vacation, honey."

"We're going to make time," I insisted. "I can handle the farm with Phillip and Charlotte's help, Avery won't even have to lift a finger if she doesn't want to. I think It would be good for you and dad to get away for a while."

I wrapped my arms around her, nuzzling my face into her hair and feeling at home when her mom scent hit me. Every mom has that one specific scent that can't be replicated. She always smelt like apple pie to me. It was an odd motherly scent, but her's nonetheless. The only other scent that makes me feel so calm and relaxed is Charlotte's. "I love you, ma, please consider it."

She nodded, squeezing me tight. "I'll think about it." She slipped out of my arms to pour herself some coffee into a thermos she would take with her when she headed out to the store for groceries and horse feed. I watched her leave out the back door, the tired look on her face seeming to vanish as she forced a smile for my father who was outside waiting on her. I've never met someone so strong in my whole life, except for maybe Lillian and Charlotte.

Charlotte came prancing in when I turned my attention to my plate of food and started eating. I choked on my pancakes at the sight of her shirt. "Is that a squirrel?" I asked, motioning to the simple image across her chest. She brightly smiled, nodding excitedly about it. I wasn't going to make fun of her, the sweater would ward off guys after all. It was a geeky, modest sweater that I actually loved on her, especially with the innocent pink cardigan she was wearing with it.

To normal people she would've looked childish, immature even. I thought she looked cute and trust worthy. That outfit said she wasn't looking to seduce anyone into her life. She was so sexy when she looked all innocent and virgin like. Nothing got my gears turning more than her body being concealed from me. All I wanted to do was rip that sweater off and...

"Baby?" A hand waved in front of my face, breaking my trance. I blinked, pulling out of my lustful thoughts of ravishing her chest with passionate kisses.

"Sorry," I softly laughed. She worriedly cupped my face. "There's just a lot on my mind," I explained. "Including that I was backed in a very small corner this morning and had to tell my mom the truth about the money you've been giving them." I pointed to the counter where her money laid, and shoved some more pancakes into my mouth.

"Was she angry?" was Charlotte's main concern.

"A little, she did threaten to ship you to South America if you ever did it again."

Charlotte growled in frustration, but calmed when I playfully picked her up in my arms and repeatedly kissed her lips. She giggled, turning away because my lips were sticky from the maple syrup that had soaked into my pancakes. "I love you, Charlotte, thank you for helping as much as you did."

She held my face in her delicate hands, her eyes wishing she could've gotten away with more. I knew she wanted us to have the world, that she thought we deserved a glimpse of the other side where you didn't have to worry about how a bill was going to get paid or how the animals were going to get fed. Our life was all about striving to make it through the next day, it always has been. We knew how to make it even without her extra money.

"We'll be okay, Char," I assured. "You worry about how many things your going to buy with your credit card today, let me worry about helping take care of this family."

Too soon did our mutual friend Niona came bouncing in with a mile wide smile stretched across her face, I was guessing because of the one holding her hand. Poor Austin was willingly being dragged by the excited girl into the kitchen. Niona didn't let go of his hand as she wrapped Charlotte up in a big hug, and Austin didn't let go when it was his turn to hug Charlotte.

I stood back with my pancakes, watching them greet one another until Niona rushed over and hugged my side. "Has she gave up the goods yet?" Niona asked, her expression completely serious.

"No, Niona," I softly laughed. "You know we're waiting until we're eighteen."

Niona gave a bored look but decided that neither of us should try to persuade her to have sex with me sooner. Whenever Charlotte wanted, that's the day I would eagerly make sure it happened. I have yet to plan the place or scene, but my mind would eventually come up with an idea.

"We're leaving," Charlotte announced, adjusting the strap of her purse where it sat on her shoulder. She came over to me, pulling me in close by the band of my boxer briefs. "Give me a kiss, handsome."

I lowered my head, grazing my fingertips over her cheek that blushed at my touch. I caressed her jaw, lifting her face up to mine so that our lips would gently meet. For the sake of maybe never getting to see her again, I kissed her harder, greedily, savoring her lips when she moved hers with mine. I definitely didn't want her to walk out that door without knowing how much I cared about her. When we pulled away, I whispered, "I love you," like I always do, but this time it was like I was telling her for the first time. She had me anticipating for her to say it back.

"I love you too."

I watched her beautifully smile. I took this time to imprint that lovely look in my mind before she left this house. "Be careful, be cautious," I reminded. She gave a nod, promising that she would. With one kiss to her cheek and one slap to that cute behind of hers, I sent her off to have fun without me. Austin and I would find something to do, I just didn't know that was.

The girls left around nine, we had a whole morning and probably afternoon to do stuff, and the only thing we ended up doing was hanging out in my bedroom with me playing my guitar and Austin going through a photo album of Charlotte and I when we were little that I had left in here.

"What happened, Brant? You use to be cute," Austin laughed.

"Shut up!" I growled, throwing the pillow behind my head at him. "I'm still cute, Charlotte says so."

He laughed, flipping over to the next page of the album. "Love is blind, my friend," he joked. "Speaking of Charlotte..." He looked up from the album, worry twisting onto his face. "She isn't upset with me for keeping Niona to myself all week, is she?"

I should've known that this would've come up while they were gone. "She understands..."

"I didn't ask you that," he grumbled, his expression changing from worried to serious.

I sighed, setting my guitar aside so that we could talk about this. "She hasn't said anything or showed any signs of being upset, so you're off the hook." I gave his back a pat. "She's happy for you guys, we both are, and we want you two to spend as much time together as possible until you're able to pop the question, get your own place to live in close by, and are able to see each other everyday."

My best friend smiled at the thought of proposing to Niona. She was only seventeen, not even a legal adult yet, and he was in love with the idea of her being his wife. I liked the idea of marrying Charlotte, though there are days I wonder how insane she was going to drive me when we were attached together for forever. I didn't care, I'd gladly go insane as long as I had her.

"We are sappy losers," Austin laughed. "We're sitting here missing them when we should be running loose like stallions, doing crazy stuff because the ones who have tamed us aren't around."

He was right. We were so strung up on them, we had forgotten what it was like to have fun without them. "Let's go riding or something."

It was a great idea. I haven't ridden a horse in a while with everything going on and with it being practically winter. I see Ranger every day, but it's been a while since I've felt him galloping underneath me. I've missed that feeling. "We're going to need a lot of clothes."

So we pulled on some layers and headed out to the barn to saddle up our horses. I chose Ranger, he chose Spirit, the second most beautiful horse out here. Austin and I caught up on some things that we had missed, mostly about how hard it was to understand girls. I had to tell him about the crazy dreams I've been having about Charlotte, he insisted that it was natural for a virgin. I was pretty sure the dreams would've happened even if I wasn't a virgin.

I liked dreaming about her, and I like that she knows I dream about her. Austin told me that I was getting a boatload of brownie points with her for thinking of her subconsciously like that. I wasn't looking to gain any kind of points for thinking about her, it was just an instinct I had. This wasn't a game to me.

"I don't mean it like a game," Austin said when I spoke my mind. "She'll just love you more for the mushy things you do. Just yesterday I bought Niona a rose just because I thought about her when I saw it. She rewarded me big time for that one measly flower."

I was starting to understand women more. I mounted Ranger, taking in Austin's next wise words. "Girls, they just want to be thought about, loved, and they want to mean something special to a guy. They like being surprised with flowers and chocolates for no reason. That's what I've learned so far anyway. There's a lot more to them than what meets the eye."

It hit me that I haven't really done anything special for Charlotte lately. I could afford one little rose if it made her happy, or maybe spend a dollar or two on her favorite candy. There was always the option of making her lunch or dinner, she loves it when I do that for her, even if it's dino strips. "I've been slacking off, Austin," I spoke up on our way out the barn. "I really need to do something for Charlotte."

He cracked one of those evil grins, one that said he was already in the process of devising the perfect plan for me. I sighed, immediately having a bad feeling about this plan. I really need to stop listening to Austin Price.

-----------------------------

"It's so cute!" she shrieked, her hand flying up to cover her gaping mouth where loud screams of excitement were escaping. "I can't believe you got this for me!"

I chuckled, wiggling a finger in my ear to try to regain my hearing. "I'm guessing you like it?"

She nodded, tossing her arms around my neck and crushing her lips onto mine. My brows shot up in surprise, but I didn't dare refuse her wonderful kiss, I kissed her back twice as hard. I was glad that she liked it, I felt good about getting it for her.

"I love it, I love you," she murmured, pressing her lips against mine over and over. "I love you so much," she groaned. Austin was right, I did get some points. She jumped into my arms, happy with her present and with me. I eagerly kissed my beautiful girlfriend back, amazed that a simple teddybear that didn't cost but three dollars could make her this happy. Good thing I didn't go with Austin's crazy plan of buying her lingerie and condoms. What was he thinking? He knows I don't want Charlotte to feel pressured. This teddybear was definitely a better choice.

"I just wanted to do something nice for you," I told her when she settled down and held the fluffy pink bear close to her chest. I shrugged as if it was nothing when I helped her down from my arms. "I had a couple of dollars lying around and ran up town to get it before you came home."

The actual story was that I was running around with my head cut off, checking my pants pockets for money, looking in between the sofa cushions and in the ashtrays of our trucks for anything to add up to something. I was pretty dang determined to find a decent amount of money to buy her something with. I came up with two dollars at first, but remembered that I have a bad habit of sticking money from my pocket in the bathroom drawer before I toss my jeans into the hamper. I found a crisp dollar bill in that drawer, and immediately headed into town with it.

My plan at first was to buy Charlotte some Hersey bars and maybe a nice thinking of you card. That's when I saw it. The bear was perfect and pink which made it even more perfect for her. I used what money I did have and bought the bear especially for her on pure instinct, just like Austin had done with the rose he had given Niona, and Charlotte loved it.

"That was so sweet of you," she gushed, standing on the tips of her toes to give my lips a peck. "I am so lucky to have you."

I squeezed her tight in a hug, burying my face in her hair as I sighed in contentment. This was what I had been missing every time I refused to be with her. What was I thinking? I've never been so happy in my whole entire life! There are plenty of times I wish I could give her more, she deserved more, but as I pulled away from her slightly, seeing how bright her eyes were as she looked at the bear I had picked out on a whim for her, I knew that no matter what the cost of whatever I was to give her, she would love it.

"Did you have a good time with Niona?" I asked, following in behind her when she held my hand, leading me from the front door to the kitchen.

"I did! I bought a couple of things, but I carried them home as an excuse to see my dad."

I slipped my arms around her when she went to the cabinets for a mug. "How is he?" I asked her, really wanting to know what they discussed or if she was finally going to stop this nonsense and go home already.

"He's fine, a little miserable, but I guess that's my fault. I didn't realize how much acting meant to him until now. He didn't just do it for a nice pay check, he really loves it."

I stood by, watching her make herself some hot tea. I'll never understand how she is able to drink that stuff. I've had it and it's terrible. "I feel really bad about him quitting his movie and putting off acting for me. I miss him, but I don't want him to give up his dreams either."

There had to be some kind of compromise for them so that they could both be satisfied. I was really going to hate what I was about to say, but if it made her happy, I could handle it. "Maybe you should fly out with him for a while and hang out with him on set?"

She halted in her tracks at the idea. I could survive say four days without her in a month, but that was it, that's as long as I could take her not being with me. Somehow our signals got mixed up over this situation and she quietly asked me, "Did I do something wrong?"

I turned her around, confused. "What? Baby, I just thought you might want a couple of days with him while he's away long periods of time, I'm not trying to get rid of you."

She slightly smiled, ruffling her honey blonde hair as she let out a soft laughed. "Sorry, I'm a little tired from today." She squeezed her teddybear, her eyes showing her fatigue. I was immediately worried. Charlotte Jackson is never this tired, she's too hyper to be tired.

I took her hands in mine, placing a caring kiss on his forehead to let her know I was here for her. "Have you been sleeping at night?" I asked.

"Define sleeping," she said with a sheepish smile.

That was all I needed to hear before I shut down the tea she had started to make and forced her upstairs to my room. She let me pull off her clothes and help her into something more comfortable. A Hanes t-shirt of mine suited her just fine. "I don't want to nap," she complained. "I wanna talk to you."

"You need to rest first, we'll talk later," I reasoned while tugging her into bed with me. I gave her forehead a kiss, smiling when I saw her bear peeking out from under the comforter at me.

"I love my father but I wouldn't be able to leave you," she yawned. I hugged her tighter into my chest. "I've missed you for eleven years, Brant Young, I can't handle missing you that bad for five seconds let alone for days."

Then there had to be another compromise, one that I wasn't sure I could handle. She needed to go with her father every now and then so it's not all on him to come see her. If she didn't want to leave me, I would just have to pack up and go with her. I needed to support her in this, I promised I would always be there for her, that I would be there for whatever she needed. This was no different from that.

"I'll go with you, but we won't be able to stay as long because I have responsibilities here. Mom is already stressed out and in need of a vacation, once I convince her and dad to take one, I'll see what I can do and how we can plan it. How does that sound?"

She lifted her head, gently bringing her lips to mine. I would do it for her, she would've done it for me if the roles were reversed. "I love you Brant Young, but I know you're not a big fan of the city, and you'll probably despise L.A, I don't think it would work."

I sighed, all out of compromises. "Then you'll just have to leave me, Char. Your father needs for you to do this, and I don't want to stand in your way of getting to see him more often while he does what he loves." I stroked her cheek, admiring how beautiful she is. "We'll just have to miss each other."

She nuzzled her face into my neck, sadly sighing at the thought. I didn't like it either, it was probably going to kill me, but it's what needed to be done. I love her, and because of that, this was as important to me as it was her. "We'll talk about this later, go to sleep."

_________________________________
AN:)

I've never updated from my mobile before, so if it looks odd, tell me and I'll fix it tomorrow.

This was kind of a set up chapter for the next one. I will most likely have time to update tomorrow, so be on the look out!

Since it's almost certain I'll update tomorrow, I'll announce the winner of the last Trivia question and save the new Trivia question until then.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

834K 22.8K 40
Southern boys are supposed to be charming, right? Wrong. Because when Leighton moves onto her family friend's farm for the summer, she finds that the...
12.2K 554 23
George's life was perfect up until the age of 17. His father, the person he was closest with, died in a brutal car accident. This left just him and h...
733 37 38
Original Content in 2015. Revise and edit in 2021. Most original context will still be here. Summary for Caroline's story: Caroline is a farm girl wh...
71 1 21
The story will be in Avery's POV the whole book except for a small part in chapter 18 Avery is an average 17 year old with normal parents, and a norm...