RUYI

By harui30

How can you lose something you never have? When your own mother poisons you to gain pit... More

1 - Mother's Poison
2 - The Sacrifice
3 - No Moon, No Stars
4 - Same Routine
5 - Speak
6 - Fear
7 - Annoyance
8 - Hunger
9 - No Difference
10 - Nowhere Else To Go
11 - Bruised
12 - Kiss
13 - Learn
14 - Watch & Learn
15 - Punishment
16 - It Doesn't Hurt
17 - Poison Medicine
18 - Confession
19 - Denied Kiss
20 - Secrets
21 - Smile
22 - Insecurity
23 - Sick
24 - Jealous
25 - Bath
26 - Dispensable
27 - Gentle
28 - Scream
29 - Eyes
30 - Pregnant
31 - Congee Soup
32 - Mistake
33 - Those Women
34 - Duke Haijin
35 - Marquess Fourth Daughter
36 - Anything You Want
37 - Duke Haijin's Wang Fei
38 - Hidden
39 - Moon or Sun
40 - The Best Daughter
41 - The Act
42 - Confused
43 - Wants Nothing
44 - The Gifts
45 - Ignorance
46 - You Don't Have To
48 - The Marquess' Flowers
49 - Don't Touch
50 - Most Suitable
51 - Three Conditions
52 - You Want Love?
53 - What You Want
54 - Ready To Go
55 - Travel
56 - Bandits
57 - Next to Me
58 - Song
59 - Mansion By The Cliff
60 - The Palace
61 - Prince Wu Jian
62 - With or Without Your Decree
63 - Most Favored
64 - Room By The Cliff
65 - The View
66 - The Empress
67 - Her Backgrounds
68 - In This Life
69 - The Masked Man
70 - Rebel
71 - They
72 - Don't Test Him
73 - Stay Hidden
74 - To The Banquet
75 - Dragon & Phoenix Gate
76 - Step Forward
77 - Fleeting Beauty
78 - Burn Her Hands
79 - Fearless Firebird
80 - Provoke
81 - A Poem
82 - A Reflection of Him
83 - Interpretation & Fate
84 - Princess Quan Yi
85 - Second Day
86 - First Rank Princess
87 - One Hundred
88 - Favorable & Unfavorable Consequences
89 - She's Unwilling
90 - Interruption
91 - Loophole
92 - Change of Heart
93 - Her Greed
94 - He's Unwilling
95 - Do Not Force
96 - Quality or Negative Influence
97 - Tonic
98 - Patience
99 - Overbearing Prince
100 - Lovebirds
101 - Hidden Rage
102 - Mediation
103 - Self-Preservation
104 - Extra Precaution
105 - Overbearing Empress VS Overbearing Prince
106 - Exchanged Poetry
107 - Lotus Garden
108 - Her Beauty
109 - Careful Scheme
110 - Reading In Bed
111 - Lovely
112 - Envoy From Buxi
113 - Why Her?
114 - Two Months Left
115 - Pain
116 - White
117 - Cry
118 - Ugly
119 - Sadness
120 - Meaningless Title
121 - It's Time
122 - Confront
123 - Truth
124 - Chihong Fenmian
125 - Empress Choice
126 - Never Forgive
127 - Final Favor
128 - Daffodil
129 - Family
130 - Beautiful Child
131 - Love
132 - My Ruyi
133 - Congee Soup For Two
Letter to Readers

47 - Lecture

160K 5.2K 252
By harui30

                Compare to the complicated layout of Duke Haijin's Residence, Marquess Li's Residence was much easier to understand. The Duke knew his way around the large estate even though it was his first time there. Duke Haijin, after all, was a skilled tactician, so he knew his way around a lot of places.

Striding into the main hall, the Duke smirked when he saw the Marquess drinking tea in the master seat so oblivious to his surroundings. An elderly woman, whom one could assume was the Marquess' mother, sat beside him with the same clueless expression. Marquess' sons were also sitting nearby - some looked bored, others looked nervous.

"This is quite the welcome"

The Marquess nearly spit out his tea when he saw the Duke at the entrance. No one had announced the Duke's arrival. The elderly woman's small eyes widened at the sight of the handsome young man - completely understanding why her granddaughters were infatuated. The Marquess' sons abruptly stood with the sudden feeling of inferiority. Even though they were close in age to the Duke and were sons of the Country's Marquess, the gaps were still wide.

"Where are the servants?" The Marquess scowled.

Just as the Marquess finished asking his question, a group of maids and servants rushed in utterly flustered. Laughing, the Duke strode in while holding onto his Wang Fei's hand.

"Marquess Li people are quite amusing, standing around like fishes, opened mouths with no words"

The Duke chuckled while he sat his Wang Fei first before taking the seat beside her. His personal servant then came to his right and whispered something into his ear. After a simple nod, the Duke sat back unconcernedly. With the quiet servant and the group of intimidating guards standing behind the Duke, the air suddenly became dense.

"Marquess Li, it's quite rude not to serve your guest some tea" The Duke spoke with a light grin. "Such a benevolent master you are. This Duke can only admire such kindness for I cannot tolerant insolence servants in my estate"

Immediately, the Marquess was red with embarrassed and glared at his useless gawking servants and maids. At the same time, he hated the young man for pointing out the clear difference between their people. While the Duke's people stood tall, calm, and proper, the Marquess' people were truly like a bunch of fishes - only knowing to eat.

"Get the Duke his tea" The Marquess spoke sharply while trying to maintain his posture. "Now"

The maids realized the Marquess' controlled anger and quickly left. Moments later, a pretty maid returned and stood trembling before the powerful, stunning man. Seeing the Duke up close, she couldn't stop the tremor, and so, the tray shook in her hands. The Duke took the cup without a glance at the maid and handed to his Wang Fei.

"Ruyi" He took her small hand and carefully set the cup in it.

The maid stared at the Duke, frozen at the sight of the smile he gave to his Wang Fei. When the Duke turned back to the empty tray, he scowled.

"Surely, Marquess Li isn't stingy with tea?" The Duke looked at the Marquess with a weary expression, ignoring the gawking maid. "Is it custom in the Marquess' household for guests to share one cup of tea?"

The maid face went red and then white. She apologizes profusely before rushing off.

"Really Marquess Li" The Duke smirked at the sight of the Marquess' silent anger. "As the master of a household, you cannot be kind to these type of servants. It promotes laziness, and in the end, they will eat you out of your estate"

The Duke mercilessly lectured the man nearly three generation older than himself and the country's Marquess. The Marquess was old enough to be his father - his grandfather even, but the Duke continued to attack as if the old man wasn't his senior, his father-in-law.

Marquess Li gripped on the arm of his chair, biting out a smile to thank the Duke for his suggestion.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.1M 198K 55
My name is Calla Lind. For 20 years, I have lived within the shadow of my beautiful older sister - chasing and holding onto an illusion of love. A lo...
437 44 8
This is filled with contest entries! Each entry is a separate chapter unless the context requires multiple part stories. Casual readers on my account...
445K 16.5K 41
Walking into an empty house is normal to me. I guess I got tired of saying 'I'm home' when nobody is home to reply. It wasn't always like this. I re...
442 15 36
This is MATURE content. Read the story with this knowledge; otherwise, cease to read here. Thank you. Perceive the existence of someone declared noth...