65 - The View

*WARNING: The following content may contain sexual content.*

Wu Jian woke up in the night feeling the loss of the comfortable cold body. In the past, after he had his fill a woman, he would always go back to his own room to sleep. He simply doesn't like the body heat of another person because he himself is always hot. Even in the coldest winter, the Wu Jian would feel hot – therefore, he preferred to sleeps alone. Now that habit have changed with Ruyi in his life.

Opening his eyes, he searched for the silk ice skin. Then he saw Ruyi's beautiful back while she leaned over the window sill. Her eyes were up at the night starry sky. Those eyes of hers were shining so softly even in the dark night. Just like the first time he ever saw them, there was a reflection of pureness and innocence. Sitting up, he wrapped his arms around her shoulders and pulls her back to him, pressing her cool skin against his heated body. Ruyi's cold skin had been the only thing that could calm his heat, when nothing else could.

"Ruyi, it seems I was not passionate enough if you're able to leave my arms"

Blushing softly at his words and at his trailing kisses along her neck, Ruyi bit on her lips shyly.

"J_ Jian..."

Wu Jian chuckled softy at her shyness and buried his lips against her long hair. Feeling his tight hold on her, Ruyi continued to look out at the night sky. The gentle breeze of the wind made her shiver. Wu Jian reached for the silk cover and wrapped it around their bodies.

"Ruyi, there is another room with a view of the city. This room gets too much wind from the cliff"

Wu Jian didn't want to risk the already frail woman's health.

"Rather than the city, Ruyi thinks the sky is better"

Wu Jian sighed softly at her soft words. He knew Ruyi would love the view of this room. This room had been his private room due to his preference to sleep in cooler places. And because of the room location, the wind from the cliff is constantly blowing and circulating around the space.

Ruyi, on the hand, have a dangerous cold body due to the poison in her blood. Wu Jian didn't want to risk her condition even more by exposing her to the constant cold wind. Even though she had endured it all her life, he knew it was painful for her.

"The Prince said the room is Ruyi... does the Prince not want Ruyi here...?"

The hesitation in her voice ached his heart. Of course the foolish woman would think the worst of his intention. Was it impossible for her to think that he was worried about her – cared for her?

"Are you not cold?" It was a statement more than a question. "Do you not like the cold?"

"Ruyi doesn't like how the poison makes her cold. That coldness runs deep within Ruyi's veins... like fire burning but could not extinguish... It's painful"

Realizing that Ruyi is trying to explain to him her feelings, Wu Jian held onto her tighter. He wanted to hear her voice - her feelings.

"The wind breeze is not the same... The feeling is fleeting..."

Wanting to look at her face, he held her back down onto the bed.

"Ruyi is surprisingly good with words" He smiled at her. "It's a shame that you rarely speak"

Ruyi's soft blush is always a delight for Wu Jian.

"I will compromise with you"

Surprised that he even knows those words, Ruyi looked up at with wide eyes.

"Your eyes are betraying your thoughts".

Wu Jian leaned down to nip at her nose.

"I know how to compromise"

Again, Ruyi blushed. Seeing her flustered expression, Wu Jian's smiles became gentle like it does for no one else.

"Unless I'm in this room with you, do not sleep in here alone. During the day, limit your time in here. Do you understand?"

Even as he saw her soft nod, Wu Jian made mental note to have the library move to the most quiet and safest part of the estate. If her books were somewhere else, she will have no choice but to spend time outside this room by the cliff.

"Ruyi, I'm warning you now. If you get sick because you did not listen to me, I will get angry... you don't want that, do you?"

She shook her head nervously.

"Good"

Having her in his arms, Wu Jian was content. The feel of her body cool his hot skin. The sensation was comforting and calming.

"Ruyi, you were made for Wu Jian..."

Wu Jian had said it more to himself than to Ruyi.