89 - She's Unwilling

Empress Wenqian knew Princess Wu Ting will be unwilling to accept the truth once she understood the meaning of being a first rank princess.

"Your Majesty, please help Ting"

Face covered with sorrowful tears, Wu Ting was kneeling on the floor, begging the Empress for help. Kneeling beside the Princess was Madam Muyang whose face mirrored her daughter.

"Your Majesty, you know Ting has love Jian-ge since she was a child" Wu Ting cried. "She only ever wanted to be with Jian-ge"

It was painful for the Empress to watch her most favored Princess to cry so sadly. Empress Wenqian has watched Wu Ting since she was a little girl and saw how beautiful and well-behaved she has grown. In her heart, she had always hoped her favorite prince to match with her favorite princess.

"I will find someone more suitable for you Ting"

"No!" Wu Ting cried out as she slammed her head into ground startled everyone. "Please, Ting only wants to be Jian-ge's Wang Fei"

"Princess Jin" The Crown Princess was beside the Empress, watching the situation with concern. "You know that is impossible now"

"Your Highness" Madam Muyang spoke bitterly. "Ting-Ting is still young. She did not understand what had happened before. As her senior, why didn't your highness speak up when_"

"Madam Muyang" The Crown Princess frowned deeply. "Is it my place to speak when the Emperor give rewards? Did you want this Crown Princess in the Prayer Hall with you?"

"Your Highness, I_"

"Enough" Empress Wenqian sighed tiredly. "Madam Muyang, it seems my favor has made you bold. To speak that way to the Crown Princess is unacceptable"

Madam Muyang quickly lowered her head.

"Ting" Empress Wenqian ignored Madam Muyang to look back at the tearful Wu Ting. "Forget about Jian... I will find someone more suitable for you"

Before anyone could stop Wu Ting, the young woman already ran herself, head first into the nearest column. Madam Muyang's scream echoed throughout the Empress' quarters.