MY LIFE IS NOT WITH ME

By vague_avantika

****WARNING**** Read at readers risk. This book may blow out your brains either because it is stupid or amazi... More

AUTHORS NOTE
Chapter 1 : What the hell ??
Chapter 2 : Once upon a time
Chapter 3 : WHAT? WHEN? HOW? WHY?
Chapter 4 : All Too Soon
Chapter 6 : This is what I came for?
Chapter 7 : Why me ? Why not me?
Chapter 8 : Unexpected Crowd
CAST

Chapter 5 : Are You For Real?

105 45 13
By vague_avantika

He stopped in front of his workshop where Sam used to work. I looked at him wearily. He handed a pair of familiar keys to me,"It is the keys of your Mini Cooper, you parked it in the hospital and forgot it, so later I went back to get it and parked it here, to give it a few upgrades. Get it and come home directly. There are a few things I want to talk to you about."

I get down and walk towards my car. My thoughts were still in a blur. What just happened there ?

I get into the car and look around. The last time I got in this was to rush to the hospital to hear that Sam died.

I start the car and go home. I see Matt on the kitchen counter eating fries. He looks at me and turns back to his plate of fries.

"Look Matt, can you tell me atleast why I am treated this way ?"

"Do you know Ryder? Well it is better if you don't. He and I don't have the best history. He is a jerk and I don't want you near him. GET IT ?!?" He question-ordered.

More like barked at me.

"Yeah Ok, but tell me what happened between the two of you?"

"That is a story for another day cat." He says and I see he cools down a bit.

"Cat ... why cat?"

"Well you are curious and, curiosity killed the cat." By now he was fully smirking and was restored to the old Matt.

"And satisfaction brought it back to life."

"It is late already so I wanted to ask you something." Now he looked worried and started fidgeting with his college ring.

"Is this the part where you confess your undying love for me??"

"You wish!" 

"Oh but I do" I fake whine and pout.

We burst out into fits of laughter and suddenly I think of Sam. This somehow reminds me of the last day my life was normal and my family was intact.

Oh how I miss them. Yes them, as a family we are amazing. I don't still believe that Leo would betray Mom. When they looked at each other their eyes twinkled with love and affection.

"Earth to Violet ?!?"

"Umm, yeah. I am fine. So, what did you want to ask me?"

"So I got a call from the rehab. It is about Mir. She shows great progress. She eats every meal and washes the dishes. She has also reduced spacing down. Though now and then she cried in the memory of Leo and Sam."

"Wow!! That's great. I hope I get her back."

"Another thing, I think you should get back to school, back to Maple Ridge High."

"And why would I do that ?"

"I don't want to. Maybe I can take up online classes or even get homeschooled. And I don't want to meet everyone there and get all their fake pity and become a charity case. I mean no one even checked on me. I am pretty sure no one would want me there."

"Oh Yeah ?!?!Linda and Ever have been asking for you. You know you have been shutting down everyone from your past life except me. You push away anyone who could possibly care about you. Why?"

"I don't know. Yeah well, I shut everybody out. I didn't know people cared."

"How will you know if you don't give people a chance?"

"Umm ... ok I'll think about it. And even if do go to school do you think I will be able to catch up?" I said trying to divert him from this topic. I mean come on, don't you just hate it when people preach you? I Do.

"Oh come on! You missed only a month. We had summer holidays. A nerd like you shouldn't find it that hard."

"Me a nerd?!? Hmph. Yeah right."

"Really? Well who aced AP calculus last year? And the best part is that you hate that subject. I mean if you are good at a subject then how can you hate it?"

"I hate AP calculus and always will."

"Ok. By the way, your boss called. You know the one from the bakery , he said he got a replacement. You better go and search for some job. Just because I provide money doesn't mean you shouldn't work. You lazy ass. There will come a time when no one will be there for you, not even me. It is the undeniable truth that nothing lasts forever. "

I go to my room and take out my Mac. I scroll down the page on the website as I searched for any available jobs. Some song I didn't know was playing in the background. It was some kind of rap that kept repeating the same word: MOMO. It caught my attention and I played it again. I found it quite catchy.

There were no jobs of such. So I was laying on the bed and staring at the wall. I was getting used to the sadness but it would never go away. People, Matt, said that time was supposed to heal me, but I didn't do much healing at all.

Hey! Isn't that a song?

Hello from the other side!!

Sorry just had to do that.

Anyway I take my Mini Cooper for a drive and stop at a café. I go to the counter and order a double chocolate chips chocolate ice cream with chocolate sauce and chocolate cake.

In case you haven't guessed it already I have a fetish for chocolate.

 I go to the roof top and sit there looking at the mountains, it looked mesmerising, forgetting all the worries in the world.  

"That sure is a lot for a small girl like you Violet."

I look up in surprise and anger to see Cedric.

"Oh hey Cedric!! You work here too?? Isn't being a doctor enough?" I ask clearly annoyed.

"Oh nothing of sort this is my father's café and he is not well so I have taken I week off to look after this." He says surely not understanding my tone of annoyance.

"Oh ok." I say and go sit at a table for two because all the others were filled.

I wait for 5 long minutes until I get my order. Instead of the waiter I see Cedric bringing it. I look at him with full amusement.

"Sorry, I made you wait. I yold one of my friends to take care till I am back. It has been a long time since I've seen you, and I want to catch up. How are you keeping up? Do you miss him? How was He? I want to know all about you both."

"Ok. So yeah it has been three months since my life hasn't been the same. I miss him. I miss him a lot. I miss his smile, his sass, his lame jokes. We had done everything together. I remember going to his soccer game. He forced me to make a sign that said 'Go Sammy' and Matt asked to make a sign saying 'Matt is Great'." I stop I catch my breath.

"He was always there for me. We walked first together. We had arguments that really didn't last long because we were more than brother and sister. We were twins and he was my best friend. Sure there were times when he was annoying as hell but now I miss even that. Sorry I am rambling." I sniffle and eat a spoon of my ice cream.

"Hey, don't worry about that. Who is Matt?"

"That is all you got from the conversation?? He is my best friend we live together."

"Oh ok. For a second I thought I lost my chance to get you. Thank God."

"What??" I sat as I sputter and choke on my ice cream.

He shrugs and I get up. That was awkward.

"Umm ... Thanks for the ice cream. It was tasty, but I got to go."

I quickly get into my car and drive back home.

A/N:  * sorry for the short chappy* hides behind the curtain whimpering~

Any way I thank all those who have added my book to their reading list. There are many. Also pls let me know if you are enjoying the book. Ghost readers let me know that you are reading this book.

Also sorry for not updating last Sunday. My brothers had come and I couldn't get time. Aaand I got a writing buddy who will be writing with me very soon. 😜

Before I forget to tell ... i won't be updating next week. I have exams. Sorry again. I know I am a lazy ass writer. But after the exams I promise an update.

I really want to thank all of those who are reading this ... Again. Thank you for opting my humble story.

Anyway if you think I deserve a vote or share pls do so.
And don't forget to comment ... It helps me improve my writing.

Stay tuned!!

Hasta La Vista ... good bye sweethearts 😘😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.9K 3K 25
|ongoing| Ivana grew up alone. She was alone since the day she was born and she was sure she would also die alone. Without anyone by her side she str...
3.8M 88.6K 141
Soon to be Published under GSM Darlene isn't a typical high school student. She always gets in trouble in her previous School in her grandmother's pr...
79.1K 267 11
As the title says
Lucent By ads ¡¡

Teen Fiction

180K 4.2K 18
lucent (adj); softly bright or radiant ✿ ✿ ✿ My brother's hand traces the cut on my right cheek for some minutes. I have no idea how a cut can b...