Taken In By The Cullens

By GraceBeard

Fifteen year old Maddie Hunter lost her parents when she was five years old due to a house fire. She was save... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty Two

Chapter Twenty One

2K 56 0
By GraceBeard

....A Year Later....

An entire year had passed by since the Esme and Carlisle had fostered the broken teenager girl. The 'kids' had continued attending school and eventually, it was finally the day for Maddie Hunter to graduate....a year early!! "How the hell are you so smart?!" Emmitt asked in amazement after Maddie had read out her end of year exam results - three A's, two B's and two C's!! The family were all thrilled for the now sixteen-year-old, especially her extremely supportive girlfriend - Selena had stayed with the family, sharing a room with her girlfriend, even though she couldn't sleep. The couple had arranged and attended many more dates and were always together; the vampire even came to spend her lunch with her girlfriend, as well as the Cullen and Hale 'kids' when they were in school. Now that it was time for the graduation, all the students and their families were seated within the football field that had been decorated - a stage had been built for the special occasion. It was an exceptionally large event that people had been counting the days down to. Now it was time!! The graduates walked onto the stage to receive their certificates and shake hands with the higher ups of the teaches had given a motivational speech. It was a lengthy process but as soon as it was over, Maddie raced through the crowd after taking some photos with her other school friends and embraced each member of her family. "Congrats love" Selena, so proud of her girlfriend, smiled as they hugged and kissed one another. Of course, there was the graduation party taking place within the school hall; all the family other than Renesmee, Bella, Edward, Carlisle, Esme, Rosalie, and Emmitt stayed to enjoy the party - they had things to do back at home. The music blurred out, easing every now and then as people were given the chance to slow dance with their partners; the two couples took that opportunity happily of course. A multiple of awards were given that all the graduating students had voted on; some of those awards were: the funniest joker, the biggest beauty-queen, the biggest drama queen, the most buffed student, the student with biggest balls and the cutest couple.

Of course, many laughs were earned as Maddie received the award for having the biggest balls due to managing the school bullies all that time ago - Selena knew she would be asking about that later. Though the laughs were soon awes as it was announced that she and the vampire would also be winning the cutest couple award; both girls bushed as they were partly forced to slow dance together in front of the entire room full of teenagers and teachers. "Well" Selena mumbled as they danced together "this is nice but embarrassing" she smiled, trying her best to ignore all of the eyes and phones that were staring at them; Maddie agreed "but at least we get to dance together some more" she reasoned, earning an agreeing kiss as they managed to forget that they were being filmed. After the slightly embarrassing slow dance, a couple more hours passed before the family decided it was time to leave; Maddie said her goodbyes to her friends before they left. Maddie, with Selena on the back holding onto her waist, drove the motorbike that Jacob and Seth had given her for her birthday four months before; the others took the Jeep and soon enough, they were parking up outside their home. Only there was something different - there were hanging fairy lights leading up the stairs to the front door. "What the?" Maddie wondered with a raised brow; she turned to the others, only to see that they were all smirking - Selena took her girlfriend's hand and led her through the house and into the living room. The human was startled by the bangs of ribbon poppers, activated by the rest of the family why had yelled out the word "surprise!!". Laughing, Maddie allowed her heart rate to return to normal as she thanked them "this is amazing!!" she exclaimed; the entire room was decorated with more fairy lights and candles. They played on the play station, the Will and watched a movie, as well as ate some junk food before Rosalie's phones began to blow up with their notification tone. "Oh my god!!" she exclaimed after looking at her phone "Maddie!! Selena!!" this caught the couples confused attention; Renesmee glanced towards her aunt's phone, only for her eyes to widen "you two have officially gone viral!!" she stated.

This only confused the room full of people even more as Esme asked what the two squealing girls were going on about; Rosalie told them to search "gay couple voted and awarded cutest couple in their school". Doing as instructed, they all typed the sentence up and watched the video that had popped up; it was of the sixteen- and seventeen-year-old been announced cutest couple and slow dancing at the school graduation party - it was adorable!! What they were all late in noticing was that the view count had reached a shocking five million!! "Holy crap!!" Alice exclaimed before grinning "that only happened a few hours ago!!". The couple that had become viral decided to just leave the video as they weren't all that bothered by it. After this, however, Esme remembered something; she returned to the full room with an envelope "this came for you this morning after you left" she stated as she handed it over; Maddie took the item and opened it, wondering what it could be.

Inside the envelope was a letter....a letter the human had been waiting for over a month to arrive!! The headmaster of her school had contacted a work friend - they were also a headmaster but of a university that based around performing arts and creativity. The two teachers had discussed the sixteen-year-old potentially getting a scholarship after viewing a multiple of videos of Maddie singing, acting, playing the guitar, and acting, including many products she had made in her art class with Mrs Smith. This particularly important letter was to inform her if she were to receive such a scholarship!! She read the piece of paper as her family stood patiently "well?" Edward asked; Maddie finally spoke up "they....they've offered me the scholarship!!" she exclaimed excitedly. Cheering for their human, they all became confused as Maddie's lit up face seemed to drop as she looked at the other piece of paper that was in the envelope "what's wrong, love?" Selena asked, concerned that her girlfriend had changed from happy to sad within the space of a few seconds; the human sighed as she looked up from the letter "the university....it's in Australia" she added as she showed them the plane ticket to that location. None of them could believe what they were hearing!! "Au...Australia!?" Alice repeated in shock "but...but you can't go to Australia!!" Renesmee exclaimed "where would you stay?!" she asked; Maddie continued to read the letter which had the answer "it says I'll have a small apartment on campus" she explained "I won't have to pay rent or bills, just food and whatever else I want". It was clear she was torn as what to do. "What do you want to Maddie?" Carlisle asked, earning a sigh and shrug "I...I don't know" she admitted "the school is amazing but...I don't want to leave you guys" she rubbed the back of her neck "if I go, it's not like you can come and visit thanks to the sun" she was right of course "and I won't be able to visit regularly as it costs a lot to travel to and from Australia, not to mention I'll have my classes to attend". The room fell silent as they all felt some form of sadness before Jasper finally broke it "look, Maddie....none of us want you to leave....but this is a once in a life time opportunity that you've been begging for" he stated truthfully "so if you want to go....go" he instructed hesitantly; Emmitt agreed as he spoke up "we'll all support you no matter what decision you make". They all agreed with his words. Maddie, happy that she had her families support, still didn't know what she should do.

Halfway through the movie, Maddie decided it was time to call it a night as she had a lot to think about. "Night guys" she said as she embraced each of her family members "thank for everything, today's been great" and with that, she left the room as they all wished her a good night; Selena told her girlfriend that she would join her once the movie was finished. Returning to her room, Maddie washed up and changed into her pyjamas before sitting down at her desk, beginning to write in her music book as she strummed her acoustic guitar. She was in the middle of writing a song that she had been working on for the past three months when, suddenly, her laptop binged - letting the girl know that she had received an email. Putting her guitar down, the teenager looked to see that the email was from the headmaster from the university. The sixteen-year-old clicked onto the notification and read the short message:

'Hello Miss Hunter.
You should have received the letter about the offered scholarship. I just wanted to see if you had any questions?
Mr Russo'.

Sighing, Maddie decided to explain how she lacked the knowledge of the university's location; she added how she was unsure on whether to accept or decline the offer. The email was sent before Maddie returned to her guitar, yet only ten minutes passed before the notification could be heard once again. Maddie looked and read the new email:

'I'm apologies Maddie. I thought you knew - or that your current headmaster had informed you - that the university was in Australia. The decision is yours and yours alone. But I shall give you a piece of advice that I give to all my potential students that I hope will help follow what your heart, mind and instincts all agree on. That will tell you what you should do.
-Mr Russo'.

Alarmed by his words, Maddie found herself repeating them in her head. One problem: her heart, mind and instincts were refusing to agree on anything now!! Sighing, the sixteen-year-old turned her laptop off and returned to writing the song before, after half an hour, she heard someone open her bedroom door and enter the room. It was Selena of course. "Hey Selena" the human greeted tiredly with a smile; the vampire returned the greeting "are you alright?" she asked as she changed into her more comfortable clothes for bed. Sighing, Maddie shrugged "I'll live" she stated "I just don't know what to do about this university" she admitted as she began to play with the ring on her finger - it was the same ring Selena had gifted to her on their first dare She never took it off - other than when she's in the shower of course. Now dressed, the older teenager walked over and wrapped her arms around her girlfriend's shoulders, leaning against the chair as she rested her chin on top of the human's shoulder "I know love, but no matter what you decide, it'll be the right choice" she reassured, kissing the younger girl's cheek lovingly; Maddie hesitantly nodded "yeah....I hope so". Moving away from the desk, Selena sat down on the bed where she pulled out her own laptop and began to watch something on Netflix whilst Maddie began to write out a pro's and con's list for accepting the scholarship. They remained like this for over an hour and a half before Selena finally realised how late it was "Maddie, aren't you tired?" she asked a she looked away from her laptop, only to see her girlfriend yawning and rubbing her eyes; it earned a chuckle as the vampire rose from her place on the bed "come on love, time for bed" she stated as she picked the young human up from her desk chair and carried her back towards the bed. Maddie, too tired to argue or disagree, allowed herself to be man managed until she was lay on the bed, her girlfriend beside her as she wrapped her arms around the girl's thin frame. Soon enough, Maddie was out like a light, snuggling into her girlfriend's body whilst Selena stroked her fingers through the human's soft and long hair after putting her headphones on to continue watching her Netflix show without disturbing her sleeping love.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

204K 4.5K 36
A new coven shows up in Forks. Luciana Rossi and her very large family/coven show up Bella's senior year ready for a new start. They slowly learn how...
119K 2.3K 19
Aisling Cullen is a human adopted by the Cullens. They are a happy, normal family except for the fact that her family are all vampires. She is the re...
111K 2.4K 43
In which Bella wasn't Edward's true mate. Over a hundred years ago, Jasper had a friend in the army. When he suddenly disappeared, she resigned and w...
63K 1.5K 29
After an army of newborn vampires came after Dani's sister she believes that everything will go back to normal or as normal as it could be when your...