Insurmountable

Av crazy_waffle

Scar was genetically enhanced to be indestructible. She can run four times faster than a regular human being... Mer

Insurmountable Chapter 1
Insurmountable Chapter 2
Insurmountable Chapter 3
Insurmountable Chapter 4
Insurmountable Chapter 5 (Part 1)
Insurmountable Chapter 5 (Part 2)
Insurmountable Chapter 6
Insurmountable Chapter 7
Insurmountable Chapter 8
Insurmountable Chapter 9
Insurmountable Chapter 10 (Part 1)
Insurmountable Chapter 10 (Part 2)
Insurmountable Chapter 11
Insurmountable Chapter 12 (Part 1)
Insurmountable Chapter 13
Insurmountable Extra [Deleted Scenes]

Insurmountable Chapter 12 (Part 2)

405 8 4
Av crazy_waffle

CHAPTER 12 (PART 2)

"Hey guys! Sorry I'm late! I had work today." The sound of a door slamming bolted me and Jake awake.

It was late in the evening when Carlie came back from school. Apparently, she had to work a part time job at a local restaurant.

"Did you guys make dinner?" She shouted as she slumped her bag on a small table by the door. "I'm starving! I didn't have enough money on me so I couldn't buy us take-outs."

Jake and I looked at each other with confused looks on our faces. After coming back from Camille's, we started planning for the day-and-a half trip to Robert's hideout/ lab/ workplace. Finally, we just called it quits and decided to improvise. Then we started watching some television and fell asleep on the couch.

"Make dinner?" I rubbed my eyes as I yawned.

"We're supposed to do that?" Jake raised an eyebrow.

Carlie appeared right in front of us with a pout on her face. Her hands were on her hips as she reached for the remote on the coffee table and turned off the television which have probably been on while Jake and I were asleep.

"Seriously, guys?! Really?" She widened her eyes. Her tone of voice was becoming an angry tone. But her cute face wasn't helping me take her seriously. I held back a snort.

"Carlie. Calm down, we could order pizza or something. I still have a little money." Jake stood up and tried to calm her down. Fortunately, she did.

She exhaled. "Nah, that's all right. I guess I could whip something up... There's still some penne pasta in the pantry." She sighed. "Sorry guys... I'm just so pressured at school right now. Curse you Mrs. Finnegan for that essay!" Carlie formed a fist and raised it in the air.

"I could help you cook, I guess..." I volunteered.

The two of them stared at me in shock. My cheeks began to burn since were gawking at me like I was an alien from outer space.

"No, no, no. Carlie, don't trust her it's a trap. She'll destroy something--" Jake whispered but I slapped the back of his head.

That'll get him to shut up.

"Don't listen to the jerk." I said. Carlie began to smile and happily dragged me to the kitchen. I let her. Usually, I don't let anyone touch me. But I've been hanging around these guys longer than I ever been with anyone that it almost feels natural. Honestly, I feel like I'm slowly changing. Hell, I even hugged Jake earlier today.

Well...not really hugged...more like...a friendly way of wrapping my arms around an emotionally unstable person. Emphasis on the friendly.

But before we could even actually reach the kitchen, someone started knocking on the door, really, really loudly.

"Carlie!" Ethan's voice was muffled against the door. Jake must've let him in since his voice became clearer and eventually his face was right in front of us.

"Jake, why did you open the door?!" Carlie demanded.

"What do you mean? It's just Ethan." His voice answered her but he was nowhere in sight.

"Carlie, let's just please settle this." Ethan pleaded.

This was kind of awkward for me for two reasons. One was because I have no idea what they're fighting about. And two, was because I just stood there and no one was acknowledging my presence.

So much for feeling like I belonged with them and all that shit.

I stuck my pinkie finger in my ear as the two shouted at each other.

"Why are you so mad at me?" Ethan asked.

"Ah, let's see, you were obviously flirting with a girl while I was working on a project that you were supposed to help me with!" Carlie glared and put on an angry face.

She still looked cute though.

"I wasn't flirting! She was asking me a question, and I answered her!"

"Oh really?! So why was she touching your hair and smiling at you like a crazed bitch?!"

Jake came in to watch the fight between the two and interrupted. "Hey, sorry to interrupt but Ethan, we need to borrow your car tomorrow..." He said meekly but he was completely ignored by the two.

"Wait, are you jealous?" Ethan smirked.

"No! Why would I be?" Carlie snorted.

"Because you're acting like a jealous girlfriend!"

"I don't even like you, Ethan! I like Jake, remember?!" Carlie shouted back.

Everybody remained silent and tension was slowly building up. I looked at Jake but he kept a blank expression on his face. Carlie must've felt guilty of what she had said because her glare softened and turned into a little scowl.

Ethan smiled sadly and hung his head low. "Yeah. I remember." With that, he exited the apartment, leaving the three of us in awkward silence.

"Carlie, are you stupid?" Jake spoke first.

"Stupid?!" Carlie was appalled. She obviously didn't expect that from Jake, neither did I. I nodded my head in agreement though.

"That dude definitely has a crush on you." I added.

"Scar, what are you--"

"No she's right. Ethan likes you. A lot. Now, I don't know what happened earlier between you too but I bet that he 'flirted," He made air quotes. "With that girl so he can make you jealous. That's just a bet though."

"What are you two talking about? We are just friends!"

"Look, I really don't know much about this whole love business thing but... You actually kinda like him... I mean the way you act around him is just...different." I said.

"No, I don't! I act NORMALLY around him!"

"Yeah right." Jake scoffed.

"Didn't you two hear what I said hear what I said earlier? I still like Ja--"

"No you don't." He cut her off. "You're just so used to the thought of liking me. Saying that you love me became a habit. But in reality, Carlie, you've moved on. You like Ethan. Admit it already, geez."

"S-Seriously guys..." She stuttered.

"Just follow him and confront your feelings so you can get this shit over with and be in a relationship with a guy you've obviously been crushing on." Jake said in one breath.

"I don't have any romantic feelings for him, but I'll go after him since he looked upset, okay?"

"Whatever you say." Jake and I said in chorus.

Carlie rolled her eyes and went after Ethan, which left me and Jake all alone. Again.

"Chick's definitely got it hard." I smirked.

"Dude's got the hots for her." Jake retorted. "So what do we call them now? Ethalie? Carthan?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Their couple name. Our's is Scake. Or do you prefer Jaklett? Actually Scarke and Jarlett are pretty good too. I can imagine our babies just screaming, 'Hey pops, loan me some money, yo!' and I'll be like, 'Yeah, no problem kiddo! Kiss yo mama before getting your ass to school.'" He ended with a dreamy sigh.

"Why would you even think that? You know what-- I don't even want to know." I rolled my eyes for the gazillionth time.

Jake laughed and sat down on the couch.

"So...Am I supposed to make dinner all by myself now?" I inquired to no one in particular.

"I'm really not hungry." Jake patted his stomach.

"Yeah, me too." I actually agreed with him. "What about Carlie? Didn't she want some dinner?"

"She went after Ethan, they'll make out. He'll treat her to dinner, Make out some more then, finally, they return here. Or head over to his place. My theory." 

"Well, if that's the case, I think I'll take a shower, then." I announced.

"Sure."

I made my way to Carlie's bedroom and dashed to the bathroom. I was about strip my clothes off when I realized I forgot my towel. I groaned as I went back in the room.

The sight made my heart jump.

Jake was standing still in the center of Carlie's room, staring at...something, looking like a fucking creepy murderer.

"Jake! What the hell?!" I screamed. My heart was beating so fast.

"Scared ya?" He looked smug.

"No, you just made me scream by looking like a complete psycho staring at--what are you staring at anyways?"

"My piano." He smiled, just a bit.

"Oh, yeah. Carlie told me you were 'musical'" I wrinkled my nose when I said the latter part.

"It's been a long time since I played." He slowly walked towards the small upright piano. He slid the cover open and ran his fingers over the ivory keys. He pressed down a key and it emitted a high-pitch sound.

"Play it then." I urged him.

He sat down the rectangular chair. His hands lay lightly on top of the keys. Without warning, he played.

His hands were dancing on top of the white and black keys. His wrists twisted gracefully. His long, lean fingers reached each key even though they were and octave apart. Each note was beautiful and elegant.

I stood in awe as I took in his incredible talent.

When he finished the song, I subconsciously clapped my hands. I was actually grinning like an idiot. 

"Holy shit! Teach me!" I demanded, completely forgetting that I was supposed to take a shower.

Jake laughed. "You look so cute right now." He patted on the seat, signaling me come sit with him. I actually did. 

Our arms were brushing against each other. I didn't really pay attention since I wanted to learn to play at least one song on the piano.

"I'll teach you Twinkle twinkle, little star first. It's the easiest." He took my hand and placed it on the piano.

"Look at my fingers." He said. 

Jake pressed a key twice. I tried to imitate him but all I got was a low pitched sound that didn't sound good.

"Why does it sound different?!" I knitted my eyebrows together.

"You're pressing on B. You should press on C, twice." I have no idea what he was talking about. Good thing, he guided my finger to the right key. I was satisfied when I heard the correct melody.

"What next?!" I asked excitedly. He chuckled.

Jake pressed four more keys. I got irritated when I kept making mistakes. We probably sat there for fifteen minutes, trying to correct myself.

"Ugh! Forget it! Fuck this shit!" I pulled on my hair. I wasn't getting it right and I was really, really impatient.

"Relax, Scarlett. Let's try again." Jake said impatiently, as well. Teaching me was a hard task, even for him.

"I have been trying! I just can't get the sound right!" I hit the key harder than usual.

"That's because you're pressing the wrong key!" He, then again, led my fingers to right one. My fingers were already on the right keys but he didn't let go of my hand. His body was so close to mine. I tensed up. I haven't realized it but, we have been in this position for a long time.

"I got i--" I looked up at him and saw him staring at me. His green eyes shone directly to mine. I planned on getting away from him but I was frozen to the seat. My heart was thumping loudly against my chest.

He whispered my name as he slowly leaned towards me. I usually resist, but this time I didn't.

This time, I was also leaning to him. 

What the hell are you doing, Scar?! My mind shouted at me but I ignored it.

I glanced at his lips, which looked soft even though they were slightly chapped. Then I gazed back to his eyes again, half-closed.

It wasn't the usual green that most people have. His' are a shade of an imperial jade. It was so alluring. It was like he was performing some kind of hypnotism.

Our foreheads slowly touched. 

Our lips brushed each other but before we could kiss, someone shouted. Immediately, I jumped away from Jake.

"We're back, fellas!" Ethan announced. "We've got take-outs! Where are you?"

I stood as far from Jake as possible, clutching to my chest. What was doing?! Jake's back was facing me so I had no idea what he was thinking.

Damn it! Stupid Scar! Stupid, stupid, stupid! What did I do?!

Ethan and Carlie emerged from the door. "Jake? What are you doing in my room?" Carlie asked.

"Probably looking at your bras--" Ethan muttered to Carlie but he abruptly stopped when he caught sight of Jake.

Jake stood up slolwy and walked over to Ethan. He slowly clutched on his collar and raised him in the air.

"Jake!" Carlie touched his arm but he glared at her. She slowly backed away.

"You are so dead." Jake breathed to Ethan, which caused him gulp.

_________________________________________________

Hello my beautiful readers! I was actually nervous about writing this chapter :S Didn't want to disappoint you...I'm still nervous right now. Anyways, tell me what you think!

Comment! :D

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

62.9K 1.1K 17
Ainsley just wants to live life. She wants to forget her childhood, forget her fears, forget her sister - and live normally. But how can she forget...
2.1M 83.2K 68
how far would you go . . . for someone you love? ♔ Levi steps forward, placing himself between me and Jack. Like he's protecting me from him. But I d...
27.7K 1K 46
A love story between two totally different people. Both from a different world. Will love prevail? or fear and disgust win? 🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁 I had no se...
5.5K 221 36
Brock and his gang have been running all their lives. They some how escaped from the lab two weeks ago that tested on wild animals and mutates them i...