Ainsley just wants to live life.
She wants to forget her childhood, forget her fears, forget her sister - and live normally. But how can she forget, when her fears haunt her constantly? When her sister keeps popping in and out of her life, creating trouble as she pleases?
Jay is driven by revenge.
His whole being is centred upon destroying the one person who has marked him irrevocably. He lives each day in solitude, searching for a way to reach Lisa, the one and only person he hates with such an incomparable passion.
When Jay sees an opportunity to finally draw Lisa out of hiding, he pounces at it. He expects Ainsley to be just like Lisa. He also expects Lisa to risk capture to come save her one and only sister. What he doesn't expect is for Ainsley to be completely different from Lisa. He doesn't consider the fact that he might not hate Ainsley, but just find her incredibly annoying. He most certainly does not consider, or expect, to be attracted to Ainsley, who is quite blatant about her attraction to him.
What starts off as an attempt to draw out NANO's, and Jay's, mortal enemy from hiding, just might turn into something more darker, deadlier...something more passionate. Something that will make Jay reevaluate his priorities, and question what is important...his revenge, or his attraction.
- The Pawn | Chapter One [Nyctophobia]
- The Pawn | Chapter Two [Urophobia]
- The Pawn | Chapter Three [Scotomaphobia]
- The Pawn | Chapter Four [Syngenesophobia]
- The Pawn | Chapter Five [Cyberphobia]
- The Pawn | Chapter Six [Mnemophobia]
- The Pawn | Chapter Seven [Hypnophobia]
- The Pawn | Chapter Eight [Mastigophobia]
- The Pawn | Chapter Nine [Merinthophobia]
- The Pawn | Chapter Ten [Oneirophobia]
- The Pawn | Chapter Eleven [Paralipophobia]
- The Pawn | Chapter Twelve [Philophobia]
- The Pawn | Chapter Thirteen [Katagelophobia]
- The Pawn | Chapter Fourteen [Ecophobia]
- The Pawn | Chapter Fifteen [Hoplophobia]
- The Pawn | Chapter Sixteen [Kakorrhaphiophobia]
- The Pawn | Chapter Seventeen [Isolophobia]