After All This Time

By Stormy_Mountains

Jamie Fairchild 18 years old, shadowhunter since age 10 is better known as Elizabeth Lovelace. Leaving the wo... More

Authors Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Final Authors Note + Sequel Title Contest

Chapter 21

4.4K 95 8
By Stormy_Mountains

Ellie's POV

"Jace send Clary a picture of your block rune before they try tracking her." I tell him and turn back to Izzy after getting changed and coming out of my room.

"Were going to get him Iz its going to be okay." I say hugging her and she just nods into my shoulder.

"Okay Clary is safe." Jace says coming back into the living room. I let Izzy go and turn to Magnus.

"You ready?" He nods and creates a portal to the institute. We all jump through  landing in my room at the institute. "It's now or never. Magnus Alec's in the office which is down the hall and to the left, fourth door on the left." I tell him and he nods about to leave. "Magnus wait." I walk over to him and hug him. "Thank you." I whisper 

"Anything for you Elizabeth Lovelace." He whispers hugging me back before letting go and walking out of the room. I watch the door close then turn to Jace and Iz, "Alright our turn. To the training room." I smirk and walk out of my room with them following. We arrive to the room getting to position. "Isabelle you got the entrance." she nods and me and Jace walk to the safe.

****

Magnus' POV

I am standing outside the office taking a minute realizing I'm about to steal from my ex-boyfriend and Elizabeth's only love. I let out a breath and open a one way looking portal, as it opens I see Alec taping up his forsaken wound again. Focusing I snap my fingers and watch his stele disappear, I pull my phone out so I can know when I need to transport it back. I look back into the hole and study Alec more than I ever have. He is a pretty boy, he has a smart brain most of the time, seems like the right fit for Ellie. I swear to god though if he hurts my Muffin in anyway he's going to find himself somewhere he doesn't want to be. Just then my phone vibrates from a text from El.

From: Muffin

We got it thanks Mag you can put the stele back.

I look back up and Alec is starting to move so I quickly snap my fingers just as he grabs his jacket heading to the door. This is going to be a close one, I close the portal and pretend that I am just putting up the wards even though I've already done the office.

"All done for the day." I say and look to him. "Place is secure. Not bad for a days work" I start walking with him. "I thought I'd see how you were doing." He stops and stands in front of me.

"I meant to thank you for your advice." I am confused because I don't recall what advice he is talking about. "About the whole... "Follow your heart" thing" Ah yes that advice.

"Oh well what can I say?" I chuckle. "I have a deep understanding of the human psyche. At least that's what Freud always said." I told him that to tell Elizabeth, well Jamie how he felt, sounds like he did.

"I'm getting married." He says suddenly.

"Woah!" I say surprised "Its a tad sudden don't you think." They just got together shouldn't they go on a date at least. "You two should at least go to dinner first-" I laugh.

"No, Magnus, family is everything to me, you have to know that." He says.

"I get it you and her both. You've both gone through a lot for your family." I say talking about Elizabeth. "You're part of a "Don't ask, don't tell" culture. She's fine with it. You're a traditional guy." 

"Yeah, I am." He stares at me. "That's why I proposed to Lydia." As soon as he said those words my heart broke from Elizabeth. She has been through so much this must have killed her. That explains why she wasn't completely herself recently, closed off even around me.

"That's..." I don't know what to say, "interesting..." I look to the ground not sure what to do. My mind is on how Ellie must be feeling.

"It.. it makes sense." Alec stutters. I mentally roll my eyes. 'You don't know what your doing.' I think to myself. "It's a solid partnership... for both of us." 

"'Solid Partnership'" I have to hold back my annoyed laughter. "That's hot." I say pissed at him for what he is doing to Elizabeth. He doesn't say anything, he's avoiding my glaze. "Well, okay, then. Congratulations, marriage is a wonderful institution... not that I would know." I take a break to run over everything that I just heard. "Goodbye Alec." I cant be here anymore so I walk past him and head home. When everything is over I'm calling Elizabeth over and forcing her to talk even if she doesn't want to.

Ellie's POV

Jace, Isabelle and I are packing up everything we need for this non-Clave appointed mission. I grab my bow and arrows above Alec's, the one I used when I first got her. I also grabbed a few daggers and a blade. I put everything in my weapon belt and in my blade holder on my belt before walking over to the table where Jace and Iz were.

"You might want to pick up the pace." Jace tells Izzy.

"Oh bad move dude." I say to him as I walk up to them and Isabelle sends him her evil glare, one you don't want to be on the receiving end of.

"You do not want to be on my bad side right now." She tells him. I know she's upset about Meliorn being arrested and sending the fire message that she never wanted to see him again so I can understand why she's mad.

"Are you going to be okay?" I ask her.

"The whole world is turning upside down. Simon turned into a vampire. Now Meliorn might die because of some-" I cut her off because I know what she's going to say.

"It's not anything you did Iz. They just put a bunch of unrelated facts together, and came up with a big lie." I try to convince her.

"I wish that made me feel better." She says and I turn around to see Hodge standing in front of us.

"Hodge." I say surprised and the other two turn around. I swear I heard Jace swear under his breath.

"Where do you think you're going?" He asks us. "It's a very dangerous time, and no one is suppose to leave the premises without express orders." I really want to slap him sometimes. 

"Hodge we were just about to-" He cuts Izzy off.

"Lie to me?" I roll my eyes this time

"Clary needs us Hodge." I say not lying.

"The Clave is looking for her." Jace adds also not lying. "She could be in serious danger." Still not lying. Hodge sighs believing us.

"Well, in that case, I'd make a timely exit, before anyone of importance notices you're gone." He tells us.

"We wont forget this." Jace tells him and we leave straight to the front door of the institute and down the streets of Brooklyn. We arrive at the Hotel De Mort and I notice in the corner of my eye a shadow behind a dumpster. I start walking closer and I automatically know who it is.

"LUKE!" I yell and run to him jumping into the arms of the only father I ever really knew. "Thank god your okay." I tell him.

"Jamie! your okay. Thank the Angle. Clary and Simon are inside." He tells me and lets go of me. I nod and walk inside telling one of Raphael's clan member to tell him we are here. 5 minutes later Clary and Simon come out of the back door, Clary runs to Jace as I run to Simon not caring if he's afraid to hug me or not I just need him to know I'm happy he's alive.

"Jamie... I can-" I cut him off.

"Don't. Just give me one more minute... Please" Simon never hears me plead anything so he knew I needed this hug badly. He slowly wraps his arms around me and hugs me tight.

"Tell me what happened when the smoke clears okay. I should have this under control by then." I smile at him.

"You already have it under control Simon you just need to believe in yourself." I tell him and burry my head into the crock of his neck. It takes him a minute but then he does the same to me. I smile again and then let go looking him in the eyes. "You look like crap Lewis." I joke and he laughs. "He can laugh!"

"What ever Fray." He smiles at me knowing he's starting to trust himself. I turn back to the group and see Clary coming over to me.

"I'm going to talk to Raphael, try and persuade him to help rescue Meliorn." Clary says I nod.

"Good plan. I'm coming with you." I tell her.

"Jay..-" She starts.

"I'm coming Clary and that's final. I told mom I wouldn't let you out of my sight and that's all I've done so far." She nods in defeat.

"I'm coming too." Simon says. We don't fight him on it because we know his mind wont be changed. The three of us walk up the stairs and wait in Raphael's room. I turn around and see him standing there. 

"Raphael. We have an offer for you. If your going to co-operate with us." I cross my arms because I am not in the mood to deal with anyone. Alec is getting married, Meliorn got arrested and is going to the silent brothers, we should be leaving now to save him but we need him and the vamps.

"Were offering an alliance with the Seelies." Clary says.

"And the werewolves." I add.

"Why should we believe you?" He replies straight face to Clary. "You killed our people. You violated our home." my eyes widen.

"Wait what?!" I stare at my sister.

"Oh, big sister doesn't know. Oh how sad. Clary Fairchild here killed most of my clan. So tell me Jamie Fairchild... or should I say Elizabeth Lovelace. Why should I believe you." I don't know what to say. 

"How do you know my real name?!" I say angrily ignore his question all together.

"Does it matter-" I cut him off.

"Yes it matters. Raphael how do you know my name?" I walk up to him.

"Isabelle." That's all he needs to say before I stop listening, I feel sick like my legs are going to give out. Izzy told him who I am, the one thing I thought I could trust her with she goes and tells the leader of the vampire clan. I want to confront her about it but I let it go, she probably had a reason. I don't listen to anything that's happening anymore I fall onto the couch and stare into space not knowing how to feel. I finally clock back into the conversation when I feel a hand on my shoulder. I look up and see Simon sitting beside me.

"You okay?" He asks. I nod not trusting my voice. "No your not but okay. Were going now. Raphael agreed." He says and I nod again standing up with Simon, I tug my sleeves down over my hands. Simon knows I only do this when I am upset so he pulls me into a hug almost caring me out of the Hotel Du Mort. As soon as we get to the back door I push my hands out of my shirt and put up my walls walking with the fake confidence I have become so comfortable with and start walking with everyone else. Were going to do this, were going to rebel against the Clave. Were going to create an alliance with the downworld, something no one has every done before. Nothing can stop us now.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

131K 2.8K 43
Olivia Wayland is Jace Wayland's younger sister. She grew up alongside Jace and the Lightwood siblings. She is in a complicated relationship with her...
488K 9.6K 63
Shadowhunters -season 1-season2-season3 Katherine Fairchild had run away from her home when she was eleven and had been taken in by the Lightwoods. S...
205K 3.1K 25
Shadow Hunters are people that are half angel half mundane (human). They protect the human word from the demon world, downworlders. Kayla Wayland is...
58.4K 1K 79
[Alec Lightwood x OC] Aria Herondale, Jace's older sister he didn't remember he had. Separated from her brother at at a young age. Raised in secret...