Bad Liar

By LaurenJ22

"Because I should be the only one who looks at you like that," he murmured, his voice dropping low as he step... More

Author's Note | FAQ | Summary
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Fourteen
CAST?
VOTE!
CAST ANNOUNCED
Chapter Fifteen
šŸ’– Dedications šŸ’–
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
T R A I L E R
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
O N E M I L L I O N āœØ
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven (Final Chapter)
Epilogue
Darker Than Sin šŸ–¤
LURE: BAD LIAR AS AN INTERACTIVE STORY
Live on Lure šŸ¤

Chapter Thirteen

163K 6.1K 3.4K
By LaurenJ22

---------------------

Dedication: ThatDreamChaser for commenting so much, following me and voting for this story! Thank you so much for your support, I really appreciate it. <3

Recap:

I don't reply as I let him hug me, hating how nice it felt.

I detangle myself from him abruptly, snapping back to reality.

"I have to go."

I take the opportunity to get into my car. I lock the doors and start the engine, glad he didn't do anything to affect it, this time. I pull away from him and drive with shaky hands, unable to stop my mind replaying his words over and over.

---------------------

Sweat drips down the back of my neck as I struggle to catch up with Finn's long strides.

I pant, feeling my body growing weaker as my energy drains. Finn slows to a walk once we're on our street and I join him eagerly, placing my hands on my hips as I try to regain my regular breathing.

"God, it feels good to run," he breathes, throwing his hand through his sweat-drenched hair.

"I like running, but it's always exhausting going with you," I pant beside him.

"You're fast, but you need to work on your endurance."

"Yes sir."

He rolls his eyes as we make our way up the path. We walk into the kitchen. Finn withdraws two Powerades, unscrewing the lid of one and tossing the other in my direction. I weakly catch it, before collapsing onto the dining table chair.

"You ready for the game this Friday?" I ask Finn.

The upcoming game has been the talk of the school, throughout the week. We are versing Richmond River, who is our biggest rival. Finn and Miles have always had it out for The Captain and Co-Captain of their team, ever since they were young.

The games often end with injuries due to either rough playing, or a fight breaking out. We've also had a few incidents of party-crashing, mostly by them. Finn and Miles often retaliate in dangerous ways. It's been a nasty feud that has been on-going too long.

When Miles moved, it eased a little, but they are still very competitive. I'm half-wondering if there will be trouble at this game, knowing Eli Matthews, the Captain of Richmond's football team, will have heard of Miles' return. I already know that he won't be happy - considering it was Eli's girlfriend, supposedly, that he cheated on me with.

"I guess so," Finn grunts in response. "We've been training hard and we're in good form, but you never know what shit will go down, with the Richmond team involved."

"That's true," I agree with a grimace. "You need to control yourself. You're walking on thin ice."

"I'm not going into the game, looking for a fight. But if they come at me, I'm going to fight back."

I let out a sigh, not having expected any less.

I hear the front door open and close, before hearing mum's keys be placed on the bench, alongside her handbag.

"Hi guys," she smiles. "Smells like a boy's locker room in here."

I let out a laugh as she goes to the kitchen window, opening it wide. The cool, night air filters through the kitchen, immediately creating a slight chill, although it is refreshing on my heated skin.

"Hey Ma," Finn greets, giving her a quick kiss on the cheek. "How was work?"

"Tiring, but good," she smiles. "How was school?"

"I didn't punch anyone," Finn smiles proudly, looking like a young child, seeking a gold star for good behaviour.

"Good boy," she rolls her eyes, looking much like me as she does. "And you, Issy?"

"Boring." I reply flatly, taking another sip of my Powerade.

"What are we doing for dinner tonight?" she asks, leaning on the kitchen counter. "Do you want me to do a stir fry and then you can take left overs to school for lunch?"

"Fine with me," I nod, giving her two thumbs up.

"I'll cook," Finn offers.

"You've cooked the last two nights, go relax or do some homework." Mum waves him off.

"I'd rather cook," Finn confesses.

"Come on Finn, let's do that Society and Culture assessment." I groan, getting to my feet wearily, not wanting to attempt it alone.

Finn sighs, having tried to avoid it, which is why we went running in the first place.

As I get to my room, to gather my notes, I hear my phone vibrate. I grab it from my desk and stare down at the screen.

Miles: Come to Wesley's with me on Friday?

I lock my phone and put it on Do Not Disturb as I retreat from my room, shaking my head.

He is far too persistent for his own good.

***

"You look cute," Samara grins, taking in my outfit.

As I slide into the passenger seat of Samara's car, I glance down to my clothes. I'm wearing a pair of ripped, light blue jeans, my Dr Martins and Finn's spare football jersey, with his number on the back. I have my hair straightened and my makeup for the after-party, already done.

"Thanks, you too."

As she pulls out, I close my eyes, her driving often scaring me. We manage to make it to the school oval safely and I hastily get out of the car, my palms having deep nail indents from the travel over.

We head to the grandstand, to see that a lot of people are already here.

Samara grips my hand as she drags me towards a line of girls that we sometimes sit with at school. They're pretty nice, but they obsess over my brother and his friends ridiculously. I find it really annoying. I rather sit with The Boys, them being far more entertaining.

As I take a seat, I notice Miles walk over to the fence near the grandstand. He withdraws a cigarette from behind his ear and I scowl as he lights it. He leans his arms onto the fence as he watches the football guys, his old team, stretch.

"He looks so adorable," I hear one of the girl's whine softly.

Samara rolls her eyes, turning to me.

"Miles," she mouths and I frown, not appreciating the girls talking about him.

"Has he gotten with anyone since he's returned?" one girl asked.

Their gossiping instantly died when they realise I am in ear range. I grit my teeth together.

I see the Richmond River bus pull in and exchange a look of dread with Samara. We both silently watch the opposing team exit the bus, already dressed in uniform. Their colours are jade green and white, whereas ours are blue and white.

I notice Eli walking at the front of the opposing team as they make their way to the other bench. I can already see the heated stares between the two teams.

Eli is tall, with broad shoulders and well-defined arms. He has dirty blond hair and an annoyingly, handsome face. He looks older than most of the others on his team, as he has light stubble across his chin.

"This is going to be a fun game," Samara smirks.

Samara has had a thing for Eli, pretty much our entire high school life, even though he is the enemy - she thinks that's hot.

"Fun isn't the word I'd use," I reply.

After another ten minutes or so, the announcer begins his usual pre-game speech. I zone out as I watch Finn and Alec throwing the football to each other, while Jai stretches his legs beside them.

The teams begin to run to their side of the field and I nervously clasp my fingers together, silently hoping that Finn doesn't get himself into too much trouble out there.

***

"Awesome job!" I grin, high-fiving Finn.

Other than a few pushes, shoves and Jai taking a bad hit, causing him to opt out the last ten minutes of the game, it went rather smoothly.

Finn gives me a breathless smile as sweat drenched his skin. He easily scored the most out there tonight, with Alec not far behind him. They won the game, thankfully.

"You doing okay?" I ask Jai as I see him gingerly touching his shoulder, wincing.

"Yeah, I'll be fine," came his reply as he moves his shoulder in a rotating circle, a pained expression on his face.

"Interesting game out there," a voice says behind us.

I turn to see Eli Matthews, smirking with red cheeks and sweat running down his neck.

"It was," Samara replies with a flirtatious grin. I notice Jai frown a little at her attitude. I make a mental note to explore that later.

Eli flickers his eyes to her briefly. I grow nervous, instantly. Eli isn't one to be nice.

"Isobel," he smirks. "How you doing?"

I don't reply as Finn glares at him.

"Miles is back, right?" Eli continues, shifting weight from his left leg to his right. "Not re-joining the team?"

"No." Finn snaps, his jaw clenched.

"Shame. He was always fun to mess around with, am I right, Isobel?"

I grit my teeth together, remaining silent.

"Say another word to my sister, I dare you," Finn growls, taking a threatening step towards Eli.

"Just one last thing," Eli says with an arrogant grin. "Now that he's back, you up for some revenge sex?"

Finn lunges at Eli and I gasp, jumping back. I feel sick as I take in his words, knowing all-too-well that Miles was with another girl. I don't need to be reminded of it.

I watch with increasing worry, as Eli and Finn roll around on the grass, throwing punches at each other. My brother is such a hot-head, his impulse and anger always driving his behaviour.

I should have known the lack of violence between these two teams, wouldn't last long.

Suddenly, Alec's fist is in the face of Eli's best friend, Jace, before gripping his jersey with his two fists. Jai grabs both mine and Samara's hands, pulling us further away, as more of the football team get in on the fight.

I turn to see Miles running towards the brawl, not having noticed him lingering near us. He pulls Eli off Finn and grabs Eli by the throat. He swiftly drives him onto his back, Eli's head slamming against the hard ground beneath us. My hands fly to my mouth as I watch in horror, actually fearing Eli's safety.

Blood is pouring from Eli's nose as Miles savagely beats him. The Coach is suddenly there, barking orders, telling everyone to break it up.

"Jai," Finn calls.

Jai reluctantly steps away from me and Samara. He goes over to Miles and grabs his arm with his good hand, while Finn takes the other. They successfully pull him off a motionless Eli. Miles eyes are wide and frantic as he rips his arms away from the boys.

"Touch her, I will end you," Miles spits down to Eli, blood soaking his hands, his jaw having some blood on it.

I face-palm myself, feeling incredibly embarrassed.

Eli struggles to open his eyes. He manages to sit up, one of his front teeth hanging loose from his gum. I suck in a breath of surprise at his mouth, while Samara mutters something about messing up his "pretty face".

I am used to seeing blood and missing teeth, due to my job, but having it dangle there, made me a little squeamish.

Two paramedics rush over to us as the rest of the team shout insults at each other, still fighting. The level of testosterone around me is suffocating. I take a step back, feeling a little dizzy.

Eli gives us a broad grin, despite being in obvious pain.

"You're going to have to end me, then," he spits, swivelling his eyes to Miles. "Because she is the best way to get to you." He flickers his eyes to Finn, before looking back at Miles. "To both of you."

I gulp, taking a step back.

This doesn't look good.

--------------------

I love fight scenes so much haha. Two updates in two days! You should thank me by voting and commenting lots ;)

Thoughts on this chapter?

While waiting for updates, check out my other stories!

Completed- Downright Delinquents, Childhood Sweethearts, Faithless, Chasing Casey and Coach's Number One.

On-Going- BAD LIAR ;) & Coach's Number One sequel (which will be titled Coach's Second Best) and Darker Than Sin!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.6M 439K 61
The spark between Faye and her best friend's hot older brother, Miles, threatens to upend everything in her normal, stable life. ...
4.6K 910 74
Madison is a reserved girl with a comfortable yet uneventful life back home. She has good grades, a loving sister, and a father who's intent on her l...
281K 5.6K 62
He's a guy that doesn't even know the meaning of the word "love." She's a girl who's scared to know what the meaning of the word "love" is. Add them...
110K 9.2K 59
Jessica has learned that the right choices are often the hardest ones to make. It takes a marriage proposal to know she's made the wrong one. But bef...