Heartbeat

By syedaaliya

It's the story about Ginny Weasley falling in and out and again in love with none another than Harry Potter... More

chapter 1
chapter 2
Chapter 3
CHAPTER 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Harry PoV
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Bonus chapter
Bonus chapter
Bonus Chapter

Chapter 44

659 21 1
By syedaaliya

A YEAR LATER.

"Can I have a copy of Daily Prophet" I said taking a magazine for me. A hot coffee in my hand, its warmth was spreading through my palm keeping me warm and my nose tingled with its strong brew. I took a sip and sighed, my eyes widened for the fact that I would be late again, I quickly payed the vendor and ran for my life, Professor Gambon would definitely not spare any of my lousy excuses this time.

By the time I reached University my heels were on fire, my breaths were ragged yet I dint dare to slow down till I reached his office, I knocked once and marched in not waiting for his answer, his chamber was empty.

"Shoot!!" I cursed aloud! He went alone, He warned me he will leave if I was again late next time, what do I do now? I certainly cannot wait for him here that would bring me in more trouble, I have to go that place. He only seems to coat me in a slight layer of comfort when he is around with me there, exiting his office and University I took a detour of the next destination.

Few minutes later I stood in front of the Ministry. With a nervous gulp and even more clumsy steps I entered the scary building. After a year of hard work and intense internship today was the day when my actual job was gonna start, Professor Gambon out of his nature offered me to escort me on my first day duties, he warned me if I was late again he would continue without me, and so he did. Now I have to meet him as a former executive but he was my mentor and with luck he always favored me.

When I entered the vast building I knew my destination this time, I wasn't lost like last time I turned to the right wink of the building and headed for third floor, while climbing the stairs memories of past started rolling in, it was identical stairs to the left wink side , with a circular motion and red carpeted stairs pushing them aside I squared my shoulders and fixed my hair properly straightening my shirt and jacket I moved to the inner level of floor.

Hundreds of cubicles were aligned together and only heads were popping out of it, busy in typing marking and running, people payed no heed on the other activities I quietly made my way to the executives office and was short dead in steps when I saw Prof Gambon making his way out of his office, I took a deep breath and met him halfway he looked at me and gave me a serene look "I see, you have found your way Miss Weasley" His cool voice made me shivered, I gulped and gave him a nod. Taking out his newspaper I passed it over to him as our daily routine for past year, he took a hold of it and turned around "Follow me" He said and I followed him.

He open his office door and motioned me to go ahead, walking in his fair size office I scanned it to details. It had no view whatsoever and was only furnished with a working table and a chair. I furrowed my eyebrows seeming rather confused.

"Didn't you like it?" Prof asked.

"It's plain." I slowly replied.

"Do you expect me to even decorate your office now Miss Weasley?" He arched his eyebrows at me. And for a moment I lost my balance. Did he said my office. Am I hearing it right?

Seeing my flabbergasted expression he sat on the edge of the table and folded his hands. "This is yours office, not mine. Didn't you read the sign outside?" He said amusingly.

I shook my head, no! I didn't had time to read the sign. I was occupied with God knows what? His lecture. May be.

"I have no time to show you around. I'll leave it with here. This is your office, you will assist me on one more assignment, then you would be transferred to another executive. Is that clear?" He stood up and spoke with clearity.

"Yes" suddenly I found my lost sound.

"My office is on the right of the floor. But here is the door, which connects to mine." He walked to the back door of the room, I crossed my eyebrows again. How can that connect to the right of the floor, when we are on extreme left.

"It's magically connected for time being, as you are assigned to me. It's connects with my office, it will be connected with another executive's office when you are transferred to them" he quickly explained.

I nod my head again. He does read my thoughts easily. "Meet me in my office in ten minutes, we have a case to discuss" he went to the back door. And I followed him back.

"And kid" Prof turned around to face me, I looked up at him waiting for his words. "You worked hard for this." His eyes darted towards the room and a proud smile lingered on his lips. Joy of tears almost made there way out when I blinked them away. "Thank you Professor" I kindly replied.

"It's sir, for now on" and with that he stepped out and closed the door. I stood in the empty room, overjoyed. I knew I would be in hands of direct executive's but never I hoped for an personal office. Like many other beginners I thought I would get an seperate cubicle not a darn room!

I giddily took a seat I hope it doesn't screech. Taking a round circle sitting on the chair I made it confirmed. It's secure. I spread my hands on the plain table. It was boring and worn out table but still it was mine. And all mine. Looking around the room thousands of plans popped up in my head to decorate it. It's going to be fun.

*****

Three hours later, I was on the verge of breaking. The empty room was now installed with three big hideous cases. And they were already fully loaded with files and documents, and more were yet to be welcomed. The case I was assigned was a paper work for foreign diligents and there trip to Paris for upcoming event on Merms association.

My dear Professor who I can't stop gushing over was again turned into hateful boss. Like he corrected my new sir! I was used to his field work assignments but this was on another league, I can never in this short span could complete the file. I need help.

After another two hours a knock was announced and I lazily answered "come in" busy reading the file, I didn't even looked up.

"Miss Weasley" came a soft voice.

"Yes" I answered without another glance.

"It's Stella, I have been assigned as your assistance" she said softly, the pen which I was chewing subconsciously was dropped dead form my mouth and I looked up at her.

Stella she called herself, she was a tall black hair with a tan skin, her brown eyes were cat like and very bright teeth. For some reason she can't stop smiling.

"Assigned, to me?" I dubiously asked her.

"Miss Weasley, from Merms department? You are the junior league associate?" She asked me.

"Yes." I replied.

"Then I stand in right place" she motioned the room and then to me.
I squinted my eyes at her outside. But inside I was dancing again with mirth and joy. "What work will you exactly?" I asked her.

"Whatever you would assign, I am good with shorthand and longhand, excellent with filling, composing, and arranging the documents in series, alphabetical and numbering system, specific with file orders, and I also analysis the documents on your command." She said effortlessly. The more she spoke the more my spirit were lifted up. Is she an angel? I was about to hug her. But stopped in middle.

After a pause, she cleared her throat. Oh right. It's my turn to speak "very well.! Let's get started" I said.

"With a cup of coffee?" She suggested.

She is truly an angel "Yes, with an coffee for ourselves" I smiled brighter than moon.

******

With a click the door to my apartment opened open and I walked in closing the door behind. Kicking my sandles off and throwing my bag and coat on the floor I slammed backwards of the couch. Something never changes. I was bone tired and all I wanted was to curl and sleep. I was even ready to sleep on cold floor. But my stomach made noises that would scare away Demantors.

With a lot of effort I sat straight and went in my tinny kitchen to fix a sandwich and stuff my mouth with some food. The apartment was quite as always. After a whole year it finally started feeling like home, when I came back to Paris I tried my level best to get back our Bryan and mine previous home back. But It was already rented out and I had to search a while after that.

It was small with two rooms and a hall with a tiny kitchen and one bathroom. It was perfect for a single person. It also had a balcony with a simple view, my home was in road facing area so it showed a good length of road, I went outside in my balcony and sat in my swing chair admiring my little garden. I had planted few plants to make it more beautiful.

Hanging my legs lose I sat back and chewed my sandwich, Pigwidgeon hooted in a rather silent night breaking it's peace. I glanced back and saw her bright yellow eyes. She looks charged then ever, may be she needs a long ride. I'll send some letters for her sake. Finishing my half food I gave her the rest and went for my bedroom.

Curling in my soft bed I sighed, taking a deep breath I smiled. I was moving in right direction. Or so that I thought.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.2K 383 25
ALL RIGHTS GO TO @PrincessPotter on harrypotterfanfiction.com. •••••••••••••••••••••••• This is a story of love. A love that is tested; a love that...
199K 5.4K 25
ʙ ᴏ ᴏ ᴋ ᴏ ɴ ᴇ ❝ɪ ɢᴇᴛ ʟᴏɴᴇʟʏ sᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇs ᴛᴏᴏ.❞ ❝ᴅᴏ ʏᴏᴜ?❞ {golden era} {Harry potter} {Year 4 - Goblet of Fire} → This book is currently going...
19.7K 620 23
Muggle Hinny Au "Stop being grumpy on the first day of the Senior year" "I was delighted until you showed up" "C'mon, you couldn't possibly hate me t...
20.7K 480 24
You are a slytherin...well for your first 5 years at Hogwarts at least...a love story between you and Ron Weasley! Some drama goes down between you...