ALDC Transformed 2 // Dance M...

By Taylor_Smiles

Sequel to ALDC Transformed. Where will Katie go now...? How will she continue...? People may not be as they s... More

Get Ready...
Teaser
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Wattpad Anniversary
Fourteen
Fifteen
•••
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
•••
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
My New Dance Moms Roleplay!!
All Mini Spots Now Open
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thirty Two
Thirty Three
Thirty Four
This Isn't Goodbye

Nineteen

4.1K 70 30
By Taylor_Smiles

Kalani, Kendall and I wake up from when all three of our phone alarms start raging. Setting all of our phone alarms is a really good system because it makes all three of us have to turn our alarms off. We probably have the best system out there if you ask me. Eventually we get out of bed and get ready. Thanks to the alarms I didn't drag anyone out of bed because of my excitement. The regular competition nerves are already coming back and we haven't even arrived at the competition yet. My nerves usually don't start kicking in this early but they're probably already here because there's so much on the line for this competition. Between the Candy Apple's, other ALDC girls I have to go compete against, and all the other great competitors at the competition, we have our work set out for us. It's going to be a very long day for us.

Yesterday Abby decided she wanted us to arrive all old school to the competition today so she got her hands on some replica old ALDC jackets. The jackets are black, pink, and white and were worn in the earlier seasons of Dance Moms. Because of Abby's orders all of us girls are wearing the jackets, with leggings. Underneath the jackets we all also have matching black ALDC bra tops.

It feels super weird wearing these jackets because they are a thing from the distant past. A time where this team looked completely different. However it is pretty fun to embody the old team. It almost feels like I've gone through a time machine back to the beginning of Dance Moms.

"Everyone ready to go?" Jill ask after we've all received our to go breakfast smoothies. We double check to make sure we have everything and reply with a yes.

We load into the car and head off to the studio. When we arrive, the big long bus is already waiting for us in the parking lot. Everyone puts their extra competition belongings in the luggage compartment located on the bottom of the bus. Then everyone gets on the actual bus with important bus ride necessities so that those belongings can be easily accessed at any given moment. Those types of belongings can include phones, snacks, headphones, portable chargers, and more. All of us girls and Gino sit in the back of the bus while the moms, Mickey, Abby, and Gianna sit in the front, as per usual for the separate kid and adult sections.

The bus ride begins and Maddie, Nia, and I watch some Riverdale on the iPad. Mackenzie and Brynn are online shopping. Jojo and Gino are separately watching YouTube. How awkward. Kalani is half asleep and is scrolling through social media. Lastly Kendall in texting Conor while listening to some music. Although when isn't Kendall texting Conor? She's completely obsessed with that boy.

After Abby stops yelling at the bus driver for a while she sits up high in her seat and gets everyone's attention. It was perfect timing too because we just finished our Riverdale episode. "Kids this competition is extremely important for all of you. So none of you should take it lightly. How you place today will determine what routines you will be doing in Australia at the first competition. If you bomb a  solo for example today, you may not even be in the group routine there. Or you might not even be in Australia because everyone is replaceable and if you loose to those Rotten Apples you might just kiss your spot here goodbye. Does everyone understand?" We all nod our heads and say yes to Abby. "Good." She says flatly.

"Abby do you know who's doing the solo yet?" Ashlee asks while we're all listening. Ashlee has been scared for Brynn too and seems very on edge with the topic.

"No I have yet to decide but you'll found out in the dressing room soon enough." Abby answers slightly annoyed by Ashlee and the amount of times she's been asked that exact question by her this week.

"Okay I'm just hoping you'll make the right decision." Ashlee says doubting Abby.

"Oh don't you worry Ashlee. I will and I also do." Abby sits back down in her seat fully done with the conversation. The bus ride doesn't take too much longer and we soon arrive at the high school where the competition is being held. Ahead of us we see the Candy Apples bus pull away from the back entrance so we know for fact that they've already entered. Fans are lined up on either side of the doors screaming and hollering our names. When we get off the bus Abby has me walk up front with her with all the other girls behind and the mothers and Mickey as the caboose. We quickly take some pictures with fans as we walk in.

"Love the throwback jackets!" One girl shouts.

"Thank you! This week was basically a throw back week for us." I say to her and she freaks out. It's definitely a weird feelings when people freak out when I talk to them because I am a normal just like them. Less than a year ago I was just a plain normal girl from Los Angeles. There was absolutely nothing special about me.

"Are you guys scared to go up against the Candy Apples?" Another girl's shouts over the other girls.

"Oh no honestly we're not worried about those rotten apples. They don't even have a shot against us." Abby answers as if it's crazy someone would even ask that.

Once we get inside we check in then head to our dressing room. While as the minis and the mini moms head to the audience to find their seats since they are just watching today. In the dressing room the makeup tables are pre set up and Abby announces to us the order of the routines. First up is the solo which either Jojo or Brynn is competing, then it's Gino and I with our duet, next it's Nia, Maddie, and Mackenzie's trio, lastly is our group routine.

Those of us in the duets and trios start getting ready for that. "Jojo and Brynn." Abby says and signals the two girls over to her. Everyone's eyes lock on them during this interaction. "Both of you girls have been working on the same solo this week. I have told you both that only one of you will actually compete the solo. But here's the twist." Abby says making everyone's minds start jumping to conclusions. "Both of you are going to compete the solo." Brynn and Jojo look at each other and high five happily. "Hold up. Whichever one of you looses is not going to be in the hip hop routine the first week of Australia." Abby says silencing both of them.

"Abby is this just your grand scheme to get Brynn out of the hip hop number?" Ashlee jumps into the conversation.

"Who says Brynn is going to loose?" Abby shrugs.

"Oh come on, this routine was built for Jojo." Ashlee rolls her eyes, "Brynn really has improved with her hip hop so why don't you want her in the group hip hop routine?"

"Ashlee I don't know why you're cutting in because Brynn might win. There's an equal playing field here. This is the end of discussion. Girls hurry up and get ready, make the best dancer win." Abby shuts down the fighting. Ashlee huffs as Jojo and Brynn walk back over to the makeup table to get ready.

I go and change into my costume for my duet with Gino then my mom starts doing my hair as I do my makeup. It's our little competition system. I love the makeup I get to do for this duet because it's bold and beautiful. My lips are perfectly coated in bright red lipstick that matches my firetruck red costume. Along with my perfect makeup my hair is done up into a beautiful french twist with a gorgeous black hair piece.

Once I'm done getting ready the girls in the trio are already done because they had an easier, less time consuming look than I did. Jojo and Brynn finish up around the same time as me and as we wait to go backstage the moms take pictures of us. Some with Abby, some with Gia, and some with variations of just us kids. Abby made Gino and I take some very awkward pictures including where Gino and I are hugging and a picture where I look like we're about to kiss. It's terrible. She also makes Maddie, Gino, and I take a picture all together where Maddie and I are both pointing at Gino with confused faces. I decide to post that picture with the caption, "What's going on here? @MaddieZiegler @Gino_Cosculluela 🌹👠." I add these emojis because in Gino and I's duet I'm dancing in heels and we are using the rose as a prop.

"Time for solos lets go!" Abby announces and we all put the throwback jackets on over our costumes except for Brynn and Jojo because they're about to preform. "Good luck and make the best dancer win." Abby says before Jojo and Brynn head the other way.

The rest of us head to the audience to watch. The moms are in their usual spots taking up two rows. In the rows behind them is the CADC section. Us kids however are sitting with the minis on the complete other side of the auditorium. Lilly sits on my lap as we watch the routines go by.

Finally they get to our numbers and Jojo is going first. "Please welcome Jojo Siwa to stage performing Gold Digger!" Jojo struts onto the stage ever so smoothly and hits her opening pose. The music starts and Jojo is sassy and a force to be reckoned with. I honestly would hate to have to go up against her with the same routine like Brynn because nobody can do this dance quite like Jojo can. She's just got this spark in her that nobody else has. Both ALDC sections go crazy when Jojo finishes the routine and glides off stage. "Very good job Jojo." The announcer says once she's made it into the wings. "Up next we have Brynn Rumfallo with Good Digger as well." Brynn walks onto stage and goes into the opening pose. Right from the start she doesn't stand a chance against Jojo. I love Brynn and I feel bad for her because I know how hard she's been working on this dance just to beat Jojo. It's very clear that Brynn was set up to fail and it's also clear that Abby knew exactly what she was doing the whole time. Why Abby did it however, I'll probably never know the answer to.

After both girls are finished we once again leave the minis and go back to the dressing room. All of us get back before Brynn and Jojo. The two girls come into the dressing room Jojo smiling ear to ear and Brynn acting very timid. "Brynn you did good." I say quietly after walking up to her. "Don't worry about how well Jojo did. Right now all that matters is that you did your best."

"Katie, I feel like I could've done so much better though. I don't think that was my best." Brynn chokes up and a tear slips from her eye.

"Awe Brynn don't cry." I give her a hug. "It's going to be alright I promise." Ashlee gets up from doing something at Brynn's makeup table when she notices Brynn crying.

"Hey Brynn come on. I wanna talk to you in the hall." Ashlee says and I leave the two to be. They both exit into the hallway with the camera men for a mother daughter conversation.

I proceed to congratulate Jojo and tell her she did an amazing job, which she did. Brynn and Ashlee soon come back into the room, with Brynn sniffling and her eyes red indicating she clearly had been crying. "I don't know what that was all about but save your tears for you pillow." Abby calls Brynn out, "If you go to an audition and you don't think you did so good, you don't start crying."

"Yes ma'am." Brynn nods wiping away her tears from her cheeks. She then starts taking off her solo makeup so she can have a clean slate for the group makeup later.

A little bit later Melissa and my mom start handing everyone sliced apples on paper plates. "Girls we got these apples because today in honor of us hopefully crushing all of those rotten apples." Melissa says after handing the last plate to Gianna.

"These aren't actually rotten apple though right?" Jojo asks pretending to inspect the slices on her plate. What a comedic kid.

"No Jojo the apples aren't rotten." My mom answers laughing.

"Hey you never know." Jojo shrugs making most everyone laugh.

Without any warning just minutes later we hear knocking at the dressing room door and without being invited in Cathy impolitely opens the door to our dressing room and comes inside after saying hello in her witch like voice. "Cathy now is not the time, go away!" Abby points back at the door.

Cathy gasps as if she wasn't expecting not to be wanted here. "I just wanted to check out how things were going in here." Cathy looks around at everyone until her eyes lock right on me, "Oh so you're Abby's newest failure. I don't believe we've met." Cathy puts her hand out and I reluctantly shake it. What else was I suppose to do? "You know you should come and joined the candy apples. Just throwing it out there but we haven't placed lower than sixth all last season with our solos. I'm sure you've never won before at the ALDC." Never won before at the ALDC? Hun you better take a look at my record. This fires me up and just makes me have to respond. This lady just told me I should come dance at her pathetic studio. I'm not going to let her walk over over me telling me I have never won at the ALDC. She said it in such a rude way.

"First of all I'd rather loose than join your team. Which is saying a lot for me because I haven't lost in a very long time. To get clearer for you, when I say lost I mean not gotten first place, which is a lot different than your sixth place. Also by the way I'm not a failure, I've actually surpassed every dancer in you company." I sass because I just proved this old hag wrong.

"Excuse me young lady? You don't talk to adults that way and if you didn't know, we have a dancer that is at Disney!" Cathy retaliates.

"What adult?" I ask squinting at Cathy as if I'm looking for an adult. She clearly doesn't act like an adult. "You're fighting with a fourteen year old." I say then eat my last apple slice off my paper plate.

"I am an adult!" Cathy shouts angrily. "Clearly you wouldn't ever be able to make Disney like my student because you can't even recognize an adult!"

"That's it? You don't think I can make into a theme park? I really don't want to brag but I'm flying back to LA tomorrow to shoot a commercial for Target, the next day I fly to New York to do a shoot with Teen Vogue, oh and two days later I'm going on Ellen and that same night I fly to Australia to start my Australian tour." I laugh explaining using hang gestures with everything that I'm saying. This lady offended me so she's going to get a piece of my mind. I would never just arrogantly say all the opportunities I've gotten, but Cathy basically said I couldn't even make into a theme park in my entire dance career. When we're talking about my dance career something that I love, you better not ever underestimate me.

Cathy stands there dumbfounded not knowing what to do or say. "Here take this I'm done serving you, I've got to get ready to win my duet." I hand Cathy my paper plate, flip my hair, and go over to Gino so we can start running through the duet. Cathy releases and an unrecognizable noise, throws the paper plate down, and storms out of our dressing room. "You people are teaching your kids to be rude and disrespectful!" She shouts then the door slams shut.

Everyone starts laughing and cheering once Cathy leaves. "Katie where did that attitude come from?" Abby asks laughing.

"She called me a failure, I wasn't going to just let her walk all over me like a welcoming mat." I shrug laughing as Gino walks over to throw away his plate.

"Good job." Gianna says walking over to me and giving me a high five.

"Thanks." I laugh not really seeing the big deal.

A few minutes later Abby calls Gino and I over to the open area closest to the door to have us practice the duet. I quickly put on heels and go over there. We run the dance with Abby a few times then we switch so the trio has time with Abby. "Okay time for the duet and trio. I want to see everything perfect. Those apples can't beat you. I won't stand for it. Hometown girls you have something to prove here. You left Pittsburgh to get better, I expect you show them that you have gotten better. Gino don't mess up this dance for Katie just like how you did for Maddie. Katie I'm debuting you to Pittsburgh the place that my legacy started. Make me look good. I want to see these routines in first and second, anything less is unexpected. But please remember that second is the first to loose so stand your ground and get first place. Let's go." Abby pep talks and we begin walking to either the stage or the audience. Abby's pep talks I'll admit are nothing less than terrible. If anything they make everyone more nervous and jittery. Her pep talks are basically just threats if I'm being honest.

The five of us going on stage are allowed access to stand in the wings when we are told Alexus and Peyton are about to go on. I still can't believe that Kerry and Tiffanie are sitting in the Candy Apples section with Cathy. It makes me sick that their daughters are completing under the rotten apple's name when they were just supposedly loyal to the ALDC two short days ago.

"In the mini duo/trio division, please welcome to the stage Alexus and Peyton with Unfriendly Competition." The announcer says and Alexus and Peyton both enter the stage. Alexus is wearing a pretty little vibrant purple dress and Peyton is wearing a lilac one. Their routine seems oddly familiar and we whisper back and fourth about it.

"No way. They turned the group routine parts they shadowed into a duet." Nia whispers as she realizes what has happened.

"No way. They did." My mouth drops as I inspect the routine. "The parts they were shadowing are just watered down more."

"Abby's must be so mad right now." Mackenzie says as the two exit into the wing right next to ours.

"You got that right." Maddie agrees as we hear the girls celebrating how good they did in the wing next to ours.

"Why was Abby talking to the judges though?" Peyton asks Alexus who responds with an I don't know.

"Oh shoot." Gino mouths, "Abby's probably trying to disqualify them."

"Stinks to be them." Maddie whispers crossing her arms. "We should congratulate them." Suddenly Maddie has taken over a Regina George like attitude.

"Yeah." Mackenzie agrees. Nia, Gino, and I reluctantly agree to the idea as well. We walk around the curtain in between us. "Hey you guys did a good job." Mackenzie congratulated the two who are with Ava Cota and Nicaya Wiley, two Candy Apples Dancers who are in our division. I'd imagine they are the ones competing against us in the duo/trio category today. Like most other kids on Cathy's competition team they've both had history with the ALDC. Yet their history with us results in them getting kicked out and then deciding to go to Candy Apple's. I know last season near the end of the year when I was gone, the girls went against the Candy Apple's and Nicaya said some not nice things to the girls about how they only won because they're famous.

"Thanks." Alexus says hesitantly and smiles at us.

"The choreography looked really good. Was it from our group routine?" Maddie asks the girls who now look very timid.

"Uh, yeah." Peyton answers causing Alexus to slightly push her with her arm. Seems like they weren't suppose to own up to that.

"So are you two in the group routine at the Candy Apple's?" I ask Peyton and Alexus out the curiosity. I doubt they are, there's no way they could pick up choreography that fast.

"Nope." Alexus replies. "Are you guys getting ready for your duet and trio?"

"Yes we are." Nia answers.

"Nicaya and Ava are too." Peyton says looking up to both of them. "For their duet"

"Oh cool. It's been a while since we've seen you guys." Maddie observes looking at the the other two girls.

"Yes it has." Nicaya crosses her arms.

"So are you guys nervous about your duet?" Nia asks.

"Nope not at all." Ava answers looking to Nicaya.

"It's actually quite a fitting routine for us since it's called winners." Nicaya brags snobbishly. Yeah, we'll see about that.

"Oh fun." I nod not knowing what else to say or do.

"Well we'd love to chat more but we're gonna go get these girls some water." Ava says as they all start to walk away.

"Yeah, good luck on winning." Mackenzie calls after them.

"Geez I though we were just going to say congratulations to them not interrogate them." I say after they've walked away.

"Hey we wanted to get to the bottom of things." Mackenzie shrugs.

We talk about that discussion a bit more until it's finally time to go on. They stuck the CADC's duet right in between Gino and I's duet and Maddie, Mackenzie, and Nia's trio. Gino goes to the other side of the stage in his wing and I stand in the opposite one. "In the duo/trio category, teen division, please welcome Katie Rose and Gino Cosculluela with Every Rose Has It's Thorn." I slowly strut onto the stage and we get into our opening pose where Gino is holding me in his arms.

The music starts playing and we start dancing. I act as if I'm not interested in him. This continues until my persona in the dance starts liking him. Here it goes. We kiss and I can't believe all these people in the audience just saw it. Even bigger of a deal than that, when this episode is released on Lifetime all those people are going to see it. This isn't an ideal situation. I keep dancing as if I wasn't even bothered. At the end Gino tries giving me the rose and I throw it to the ground and stomp on it forcing it to fall apart. Then I angrily exit the other side of the stage and Gino exits the other way all sad.

"Good job, you only kinda looked like you were embarrassed after he kissed you." Maddie hands me a water bottle.

"Oh my gosh did I really look embarrassed?" I asked concerned because that wasn't actually part of the dance. I wasn't supposed to look embarrassed at any point in the routine.

"No calm down, I was just joking." Maddie laughs.

"Well good. Otherwise Abby would've beat me." I sigh waiting for the Candy Apple's routine to go onstage.

"We killed it." Gino walks over from the other side of the stage and high fives me.

"Yeah we did." I laugh at the pathetic broken rose he's carrying. "You know you can throw that away right?"

"I know, I'm just keeping it for memories." Gino shrugs.

"Whatever floats your boat I guess." I say right as the announcer starts talking.

"Next up Ava Cota and Nicaya Wiley with Winners." The two girls enter from either sides of the stage. They get in their starting positions ready to preform their jazz routine. People cheer as they wait for the music and I think I heard Cathy's screech from the audience. After their routine I'll admit they did a good job, it was a beautiful routine. Did Gino and I do good enough to beat them? Will Nia, Maddie, and Mackenzie do good enough to beat them? Will Gino and I even be good enough to beat Nia, Maddie, and Mackenzie.

They walk off into the wings on the side I am. The two girls hug and I walk up next to them. "You guys did really good, I just wanted to wish you luck at awards." I say trying to be a bigger person. Kill them with kindness as Selena might say. They may have been rude when they were talking to us before but it doesn't mean I have to be rude back. Maybe they'll come around this time.

"Thanks but we don't need luck. But you might though." Ava fake smiles at me. "We're getting waters." She says and they exit then scene the same way as before. I roll my eyes and brush it off. I don't have time to waste worrying about those ignorant girls.

A little while goes by and it's time for Maddie, Mackenzie, and Nia to go on. "I love you guys you will do amazing!" I say to them before they go into the wings. They stand in the wing side by side holding hands.

"Give a warm welcome to Nia Sioux and Maddie and Mackenzie Ziegler!" The announcer says and the girls walk on stage still in the position they were before. They face the audience then the music starts. It's a wonderful routine and it really makes you feel something. These girls have a legacy here with the Abby Lee Dance Company and you can feel that powerful presents as they preform their routines. The audience goes crazy when they finish and the girls walk off the other side of the stage and excitedly hug each other. It's going to be tough to beat them let alone the Candy Apples.

Soon after the duets finish off we go back to the dressing room to prepare for the group routine. We change into our leotard costumes, mine being a light blue one. This is probably the easiest dances I've have to get ready for concerning the hair, makeup, and overall costume. Since all we have to do it put on a leotard and the replica original pink ALDC jackets, put our hair in plain buns with a little hair piece, do the most natural makeup of all time, oh and I'm not forgetting to add that we have to put in matching earrings am I? The part that takes the longest is getting my blonde wig to look natural in a bun. It takes a lot of work and expertise from DD but it eventually starts looking up.

"I can't believe they stole the group routine's choreography." Melissa refers to Alexus and Peyton's  duet which is Kalani and Kendall's parts in the group routine other than the fact it's been watered down. We told the moms everything about backstage including the stolen choreography which they clearly already knew but also the snobby remarks and rude comments from the other Candy Apple's girls.

"I know, they got kicked off the competition team and they went right to our rivals and steal our choreography." Jess rolls her eyes as she starts taking Jojo's hair down. "Talk about loyalty."

"Abby was so mad. She went straight to the judges and started talking to them as soon as she noticed that was her choreography." My mom says.

"Where is Abby and Gianna anyway?" Nia asks since the two are nowhere to be found.

"Well Abby probably brought Gianna as backup as she yells at the competition director." Ashlee answers. All of us shrug that aside. Whether Abby and Gia are here or not the show must go on and we must continue to do things as normal regardless of their presence. We continue to get ready like all the time when our dressing room door opens again.

"We got Alexus and Peyton's stolen duet disqualified!" Abby cheers as she comes in with Gia behind her. We cheer with her just fueling her happiness a bit more.Due to the fact that it only took us like two more minutes to get ready we get lots more time to run the dance in the dressing room.

Abby watches us and gives us last minute critiques. Brynn are Jojo looking too as they finish taking down their hair and putting back on our matching jackets and leggings. We run the routine until Abby is satisfied with the final product.

"Great job girls, if you do the same thing on stage as you did in here you'll be sure to win. Try to stay away from you now who backstage. But if you do see them, start showing off. Psych them out. Put them on edge. Make their heart race. Show them that they're going against big stuff and they can't mess with you." We nod and I really hope we don't have to do that. I hate getting psyched out myself and I definitely wouldn't want to psych someone's else out. Even if they are terrible rude girls. We'll see how this goes. "Okay I don't want to tire you girls before you go onstage so relax and maybe clean your stuff up a bit. We leave here in twenty five minutes to go to the auditorium and backstage." We nod our heads and go sit down. Like Abby suggested I clean my stuff up as much as possible for now. Then I get on my phone and start separately Snapchatting Liv and Aiden with my blonde wig. First I try to prank them and tell them I dyed my hair but they eventually figure it out. Liv Facetimed me because she was freaking out and Aiden called me. It was pretty funny while it lasted.

Our dressing room door opens again and it's almost like it's revolving door. People keep coming in and out nonstop. However this time when I see who has entered, I grown out loud.

"I can't believe you sunk so low that you had to disqualify Alexus and Peyton's duet." Cathy shouts as she enters our dressing room with all the moms from the CADC competition team also including Alexus and Peyton's moms.

"They stole my choreography and you allowed it. Cathy you should've seen this coming. You're not very intelligent but you could've at least figured that one out right?" Abby shades the ignorant CADC coach.

"Excuse me, that choreography was not stolen!" Tiffanie lies for pretty much no reason because we already know.

"Tiffanie, so you're telling me that if you compared Kendall in the group to Alexus in the duet those routines wouldn't match up?" Abby looks at the ex ALDC Dance Mom sideways.

"No they wouldn't be the exact same." Tiffanie crosses her arms.

"Oh excuse me, sorry. They wouldn't be the same because you couldn't get Alexus to do the routine the original way because Alexus wasn't able to keep up with choreography like the other girls. So you had to simply it like crazy. Tiffanie maybe that's why your kid is no longer on the team." Abby fires back.

"No it was not simplified, if anything I made it harder." Cathy walks up to Abby who is now standing.

"Oh so now you are admitting that you stole my choreography?" Abby finds fault in Cathy's words.

"I did not say that." Cathy lies.

"Everyone just heard you Cathy! Quit lying!" Jill shouts.

"I'm not lying Jill. Maybe if you paid any attention to your daughter's team you would know." Cathy retorts.

"I do pay attention to the team. I am more dedicated to the ALDC than you are to your own company!"

"Honey you wish that was true." Cathy rolls her eyes.

"Oh so, did you know that our girls talked to Alexus and Peyton backstage and they admitted to using the choreography?" Jill asks, "Because I bet you didn't know that did you?"

"That did not happen. You're making it up."

"Stop being ignorant Cathy!" Jess yells, "It happened whether you like it or not!"

"Jess I know my daughter and why would she say she used the group's choreography when she knows she didn't." Tiffanie joins back into the fight.

"Because she knows she took the choreography!" Melissa throws stuff down as she cleans up things. "Your daughter owned up to being in the wrong and you can't do the same!"

"Can you guys just not accept that we didn't steal the dance! Cathy wouldn't ever do that." Nicaya's mom Kaya also known as Black Pasty steps behind Cathy.

"I'm done with this! You guys are the biggest liars I've ever met!" My moms shouts.

"And your kid is one of the rudest children there is!" Black Patsy yells back at my mom. "Cathy told me what Katie said to her." Oh my gosh. I internally eye roll.

"Oh please, my daughter is the sweetest they come! She wouldn't hurt a fly!" My mom yells in expression. "Clearly you don't know what went down backstage!"

"I know what happened backstage! Your kids were rude to ours! Nicaya told me all about it." Black Patsy gets up in my mom's face.

"Your kids bragged that they were going to win!" Holly joins. "That's terrible parenting if you ask me."

"Agreed." Jill crosses her arms, "Your kids are going to turn into monsters if you don't teach them that that's wrong."

"Ava and Nicaya were just protecting themselves!" Ava's mom Jeanette glares at Holly.

"You did not just call my kid a monster!" Black pasty yells getting up in Jill's face. This is not good, from what I've heard Black Patsy and Jill have a long lasting rivalry. Including a big fight back in season three. "Your kid is the monster you don't teach that kid anything! You give her everything she wants on a golden plater. You don't even know what it's like to work because I bet you haven't worked a day in your life! You probably live in a great big mansion and your kid takes it all for granted! She just stands in her big room inappropriately dressed taking her little cutesy pictures to post on Instagram for the boys!" Black Pasty goes off in Jill's face.

I rush over to Kendall and start comforting her and some of the moms soon rush us out into the hallway while the moms are still going off on each other.

"Kendall don't cry. You spent way to much time perfecting your makeup to ruin it." I make Kendall slightly laugh. "Black Patsy is just mad. She's just jealous because, no offense to Nicaya, but you're more successful than her daughter." I whisper the last part.

"Yeah she's just another hater, don't listen to her." Nia adds.

"Yeah, you just gotta come back like a boomerang." Jojo smirks as she says that.

"Jojo with the promo." Mackenzie laughs and Kendall starts to smile.

"We're going to be all right." Maddie says, "We just need to go on that stage and beat those Rotten Apple's. We'll prove them wrong."

"Lets do it." Kendall smiles.

"Okay we should go backstage. The moms will notice I'm sure and head to the audience. It's time in three minutes anyways." Brynn shrugs. We all agree and head backstage. Nia quickly text Holly to make sure she knows.

"Lets make some applesauce." I smirk before heading out. "Applesauce on three." We all stick our hands into a circle. "One, two, three, applesauce!" We cheer throwing our hands into the air and going backstage.

Abby text us in our group chat with her that they have indeed moved on into the audience meaning the giant fight with Candy Apple's has dispersed... For now at least.

The Candy Apple's are going first with their group routine then it will be our turn ofter theirs. "Please welcome to the stage in our junior group division The Candy Apple's Dance Center with Extraterrestrial."

The group walks into the stage in sync. They are dressed in silver clothes, tinfoil accessories and are carrying a tinfoil sphere as a prop. The dancers in the Candy Apple's group routine today are Nicaya Wiley, Vivve-Anne Stein, Haley Huelsman, Ava Cota, Chloe Smith, and Tara Johnson. Music starts and it goes good. Ava and Nicaya look good. Vivve is running off and on the stage. Questionable for her age now. Hayley formerly from the AUDC is off. Chloe's technique is not fabulous. Now that I'm taking a deeper look myself, all of these kids have formerly danced with Abby but didn't make it all the way. A team of ALDC rejected as the mothers would say.

"One, two, three, four." We do our usual group warm up. "Kiss kiss, knee knee, knock knock." We stand up from knocking on the floor and go prepare to go on the stage in the wings. All the while everyone that's not in the dance goes and stands in the wing they are allowed to watch from.

"Give it up for the Abby Lee Dance Company with Death of the Original Six!"

We walk out on stage and immediately the audience can see he rivalry between Chole and Maddie fighting over the trophy prop. Kalani is portraying Brooke to the fullest despite her back pain. The routine goes great and everything is fabulous. My personal favorite part happens and we take off the jackets and throw them to the ground and I take my wigs off and my hair drops goes down to my shoulders. We all dance as our beautiful selves together then Maddie and I walk off stage holding the trophy high in the air. The crowd goes absolutely berserk. We start hugging each other like crazy and cheering. "We did it!" I say unable to wipe a smile from my face.

"We actually did." Maddie hugs me.

"Guys that was like my favorite dance for like the past two or three seasons." Nia exclaims.

"Yeah, I think that's my favorite group dance I've done while being at the ALDC." I hug Nia.

We celebrate extremely happy with how the routine went and go back to the dressing room briefly before awards. The moms and Abby celebrate with us and we have basically no time before we have to rush back to the auditorium and onstage.

Onstage music plays and we all dance. Jojo and I even start doing a little hip hop routine in one spot that we made up together. The beginning before awards is always lots of fun. It's a nice time before everyone gets anxious and stressed about what place they are going to get.

Us ALDC kids are sitting in one row up front. From left to right it's Kalani, Brynn, Gino, myself, Jojo, Mackenzie, Maddie, Nia and then Kendall. Directly behind us are the Candy Apple kids not including Alexus and Peyton because we discovered that they decided to leave early with their moms because their duet got disqualified.

The first category we competed in that comes up is the duo/trio category. Competition is going to be hard for this category. I have no idea if I'll be able to win this. I am really hoping we get first though because if Gino and I don't win this, kissing him was definitely not worth it. Like at all.

"In third place... Heavy Hitters, Justin's Dance Academy!" My heart skips a beat when the announcer says this. Because that means one of the ALDC dances or the CADC dance didn't make it. Or none of us made it and we all didn't place... But that situation is very unlikely. "In second place we have a tie." Or that could happen, "Winners Candy Apple's Dance Center and Survivors Abby Lee Dance Company you have tied for second place!" Abby looks sick to her stomach and so does Maddie, Mackenzie, and Nia. Abby is not going to be happy. In fact she clearly looks mad just sitting in the audience.

"Now your first place completion overall duo/trio winner is..." Gino and I squeeze hands very nervous. If we win this, we win the top score of the entire category for the whole competition. "Every Rose Has It's Thorn, congratulations!" Gino and I jump up and hug then go collect our awards. I can't believe we actually just won against the ALDC trio and the CADC duet. "What are your names?" Gino and I both answer for ourselves. "And what studio do you come from?"

"Abby Lee Dance Company!" We both cheer, Gino hugs me, then we go sit down again. Abby looks very happy with Gino and I. You would not be able to understand how ecstatic I am right now.

We get through the rest of the duo/trio divisions and then we arrive at the Solo category for the junior division. Jojo and Brynn are totally freaking out. Actually let me rephrase that, Brynn is freaking out, Jojo is as cool a cucumber. It's pretty obvious she already has it in her mind that she's going to win. I'd hate to say it but I think Jojo is going to win as well.
"Third place goes to Open Mind, Justin's Dance Academy, Fran Deson!" Jojo starts squeezing my hand tightly. "Second and first place were separated by one tenth of a point. Both of these dancers did amazing, but there can only be one winner." Brynn is getting more and more nervous. "Second place goes to... Gold Digger Jojo Siwa!" Jojo gets up not processing what just happened. Personally I can't believe it either. This is Jojo's best style and she lost. In the audience Jess is absolutely mind blown that her daughter just got second place. Abby looks incredibly disappointed with Jojo. If somebody beat Jojo in hip hop I wouldn't imagine that it was Brynn. Did Brynn even place?

"In first place... Gold Digger, Brynn Rumfallo!" Brynn accepts her award happily and gets her picture taken up next to Jojo. I can't believe she did it. Brynn beat Jojo at Hip Hop! That's crazy! I'm proud of Brynn because I know hip hop is somewhat harder for her. She worked so hard to get here and she should be proud of herself. However I do feel bad for Jojo because personally I would've thought her doing the dance would've won and watching the routine I did think her dance won. I guess it's just in the hands of the judges.  "Brynn what studio are you from?" The MC asks.

"Abby Lee Dance Company." Brynn answers smiling and Abby is smiling back at her. Soon that division's winners go sit back down and the category is finished out. After that it's time we move onto the last category we're in. The group category.

"In fifth place for the Junior Group, Junior division..." Us ALDC girls start holding each other's hands. "Candy Apples Dance Center! Extraterrestrial!" I let out a breathe I didn't quite know I was holding in. Cathy looks mad but she reluctantly claps. Fourth and Third place go by and the ALDC hasn't been called out yet.

"Second place... Lost at Sea, High Class Dance Company!" One of the girls from the dance goes up and accepts the award. All of us ALDC kids hold hands and look into our laps hoping to win. "Your overall first place group of the entire competition goes to..." If we win this I will have won two overalls today. I love this routine and it just has to win. "Death of the Original Six!" We all jump up cheering and go collect the awards. All of us are asked our names and some other stuff. "What studio are you ladies from?"

"Abby Lee Dance Company!" We shout into the microphone truly excited. Abby herself is cheering with most of the moms in the audience. Awards finish out and I win an individual award known as the firecracker award, for being so eye catching onstage. With the plaque I receive a fifty dollar check.

We take pictures on the stage for a while after awards end then head back to our dressing room. Most of the moms cheer when we come in but Abby is selective about who she cheers for. She walks right up to everyone except Jojo. Abby basically shuns Jojo won't say a word to her. Abby takes pictures with just the eight of us excluding Jojo. I can see Jess starting to get very angry. I feel bad for Jojo but there's nothing I can do about it.

"Abby you're just going to ignore Jojo because she didn't get first?" Jess asks. Here we go again.

"I'm not ignoring her I'm just congratulating the kids that actually won."

"So you're ignoring her."

"Jess mind your own business, get your stuff together, and go home."

"Abby I'll have you know that Jojo was suppose to win that routine. I don't know what those judges were thinking! You would be nuts to take Jojo out of the hip hop routine in Australia! This is absolutely ridiculous!" Jess rants.

"Jess I have no control over how the judges scored the kids. They determine who wins, not me! I am staying true to my word because I told Brynn and Jojo that whoever looses isn't going to be in the group. I can't just let Jojo in, I'd be completely unfair to Brynn."

"Jojo is an amazing hip hopper and hip hop is not Brynn's fortè. Who would be the obvious choice of who should go in the hip hop routine?"

"It would be Jojo, but we are under different circumstances now aren't we? Jess I think I'd be best if you and Jojo went and waited on the bus."

"Abby—" Jess gets cut off.

"Jojo do you think it would be fair to be in the routine in Australia when I told Brynn and yourself that the girl that looses isn't in the routine. Then go ahead and put the other girl in the team regardless. Remember that I told you this ahead of time."

"Well if I'm the better hip hopper I think I should be the one in the dance, it would increase our chances of winning." Jojo answers.

"Go! Get on the bus." Abby points to the door.

"But—"

"No buts Jojo! Get on the bus and go! I can't talk to you or your mother right now!" Abby angrily shouts and Jojo starts crying but hurries to grab her stuff and head out. "Quit crying you're not a baby!" Abby shouts as the two of them head out the door.

Jess drops a f-bomb on Abby and shouts, "We're taking an Uber!" We try to continue on ever so casually as we prepare to leave.

On the way out Kendall, Brynn, Kalani, Gino, and I stop and take pictures with fans and sign various things. "Are you guys a thing?" A girl asks after Gino and I took a picture with her.

"Nope, just friends." I awkwardly laugh.

"Are you sure?" She asks again wiggling her eyebrows.

"Positive." Gino nods setting the record straight. I can't believe people are already doing this and the show hasn't even aired yet.

"Gino do you still have beef with Maddie?"

"Sorry we'd love to keep talking but we've got to get to everyone." Gino stops the girl and moves onto other people. He seems quite uncomfortable with that topic.

We all soon get on the bus and head to the ALDC Pittsburgh which isn't far away at all. We convince the moms to let us all have a giant celebratory sleepover at the Ziegler's house. Jojo posted a boomerang of her in the airport so we assume she won't be in town for it.

While on the bus I FaceTime Aiden, with Mackenzie sitting next to me. Soon it's all over and we arrive at the studio. Kalani, Kendall, and I get in the Vertes's  car and we go to Kendall's house to get some stuff before we go. Since I'm leaving in the morning to go back to Los Angeles I bring my whole suitcase so Kalani can drive us there and I'll have everything I need for when I'm picked up in the morning.

After saying goodbye to our moms we get into Kalani's Range Rover. I call shot gun and Kendall sits in the back. I've never been to the Ziegler's Pittsburgh house before so this'll be new for me.

Kalani pulls up into the long driveway and parks the car. We exit and go to the door, everyone else is already here since they didn't have to be dropped off at home before hand. Melissa opens the door, "Hey girlys, come in." Melissa smiles stepping aside so we can get into the house.

"Hey mama Mel. Long time no see." I laugh and give her a hug.

"I know it's been a whole half hour almost." Melissa plays along laughing. "The girls are downstairs." Melissa says pointing to the steps. "Do you guys want pizza for dinner later?"

"Sure." Kendall shrugs "Pizza sounds great."

"Good because I don't feel like cooking." Melissa laughs. "I'll order a fruit parfait too." Melissa nods looking at me. She knows how much I love fruit parfaits.

"Oh my gosh your the best second mom ever!" I hug Melissa again purely excited for the fruit parfait.

"I thought so." Melissa laughs, "The girls are right down there. I'm going to go order the food."

"Sounds good, thank you!" Kalani says and we make our way to the basement.

Automatically I know something is about to go down. Maddie, Nia, and Brynn shush us to be quiet when we come down the steps. Mackenzie is on a bean bag sleeping. She must have been really tired from the competition day. Brynn, Nia, and Maddie all are holding washable markers and are tip toeing closer to fast asleep Mackenzie. We all know what's about to happen. The three start drawing on Mackenzie's face and she doesn't even twitch. Kalani, Kendall, and I are trying as hard as we possibly can not to burst out laughing. Kendall even starts recording the encounter to put on her Snapchat. When the drawing is done we all look to admire the work. Mackenzie has a drawn on unibrow, mustache, beard, her forehead says I love my friends, and lastly her cheeks have stars on them. It's quite a look.

"Nobody tell her about it. Let her figure it out on her own." Maddie whispers. We all agree and I can't wait to see how this plays out.

"Can I wake her up?" I whisper.

"Go for it." Maddie mouths permission. Quickly before waking her up we hide the evidence also know as the markers and have everyone go to act natural.

Once we're ready I plop down next to Mackenzie on the bean bag making her stir. "Hey Kenz, your favorite person in the whole wide world is here so you can wake up." I say to her.

"Katie!" Mackenzie groans annoyed that I woke her up.

"Yes?" I asks acting innocent.

Mackenzie looks at me for a minute not saying anything and I just laugh. "Go away." She states blandly and put her head back down into the material of the bean bag.

"I don't want to. Kenz get up everyone is here."

"Hi everyone. I've seen you already today. Goodnight, let me take a nap." Mackenzie says pulling her head up and once again burying it.

"You already took a nap."

"Well let me have another one."

"Kenz."

"Kat."

"Kenz."

"Kat."

"Mackenzie Frances Ziegler wake up before I pour water on your head!" I threaten and Mackenzie jerks up.

"I'm awake, don't pour water on me!" Mackenzie throws her hands in the air as if she's surrendering to the police. "Are you happy now?" Mackenzie frowns putting her head on my shoulder.

"Very." I say and she rolls her eye.

We chat and talk about random things for awhile until the food is delivered and Melissa calls us up to eat. Mackenzie still knows nothing about what's on her face, however we did have a close call earlier. Mackenzie was rubbing her eyes and somehow the marker got on her hands and she looked confused when there was green marker there. However we just said that she must have had accidental toughed some competition makeup earlier in the day. Surprisingly she bought it without another question or comment on the topic. We didn't even use green competition makeup today either.

The seven of us go and enter the Ziegler's kitchens where the freshly delivered food is set out. Melissa's back is facing us because she is getting plates out of the cabinet. We sit on the bar stools surrounding the island. "Okay girls I got a cheese pizza and a pepperoni pizza. There is pop in the fridge." Mellisa turns around, "Maddie and Mackenzie why don't you get that out—" Melissa's eyes land on Mackenzie. "Kenz what's all over your face?"

"Nothing...?" Mackenzie looks confused and the rest of us girls burst out laughing. "Oh my gosh what did you guys do?" Mackenzie gets down from her stool and runs into the nearest bathroom and looks in the mirror. "What did you guys do to my face!" Mackenzie shouts terrified at what she's seeing.

"We gave you a makeover while you were asleep." Brynn says laughing.

"Don't you like it? It's better than the Sephora people's makeovers." Nia says.

"This is going to take forever to get off. What's did you guys use, Sharpie?"

"Kenz don't worry it's washable marker." Maddie answers placing the drinks on the counter from out of the fridge.

"Mackenzie never be the first one to fall asleep during a party." Melissa laughs.

"Mom I was asleep before the party even started!" Mackenzie complains and we hear the water running meaning she's trying to get it off her face.

"Sorry Kenz." Melissa laughs more, "Okay you girls go ahead and fix your plates I'm going to go get Mackenzie a towel."

We begin fixing our plates, I get two slices of pizza and some delicious fruit from the fruit parfait. Mackenzie soon returns for the kitchen. "I hate you guys." Mackenzie mumbles and her face was clearly covered in water.

"Your forehead said otherwise earlier!" I say than take a drink of my Dr. Pepper. Mackenzie just gives me an evil look then begins making her own plate. Everyone else is almost done with their food but we decided it would only be nice if we wait on Mackenzie. Especially since we delayed her dinner by putting marker all over her face and such. Great friends award goes to us! Maybe... Definitely not.

Once Mackenzie finishes eating we go back downstairs. "We should put a movie on." Brynn suggest.

"High school musical!" Maddie and I cheer. Everyone else agrees with us too. With all the time that Maddie and I spent living together and being in hotels and at competitions together the two of us have choreographed little funny dances to most every song in the high school musical movies. We're a bit obsessed.

The movie starts and Maddie and I do all the funny dances off to the side when the part comes in the movie. The other girls laugh their heads off at us, record us, and it's overall a fun time. Mackenzie has been vlogging all day today and she even records us a bit for the vlog.

When the movie ends we all go outside and take some cute pictures. Maliboo even decides to join us for a little bit. Back inside we go downstairs and watch some tv and eat snacks. Jojo starts face timing me and I answer.

"Jojo are you okay?" I ask she looks like she has tear stains on her cheeks and her eyes are evidently red.

"I don't know if I want to be on the team anymore." Jojo chokes up beginning to cry again. The other girls hear Jojo say that and they hover around me.

"What do you mean Jojo? You didn't do bad at all today, it was just Abby!"

"Jojo this is a really big decision do you really think that it's a good one?" Kalani asks.

"I don't know but this team is so stressful and Abby is so mean." Jojo cries, "She doesn't even care about you if you don't win. She hates me."

"Jojo she doesn't hate you. That's just the way Abby gets sometimes you know that." Brynn replies.

"I know, I just think this is all too much. I just want to be a normal kid sometimes and not have Abby on my back degrading me every chance she gets!"

"Jojo you know we all get like that sometimes but it gets better. The reward at the end is so much better." Maddie persuades.

"Promise me you'll stick it out through Australia and if it's too much then, you can uh... Make that decision then." I say.

"Okay I promise." Jojo wipes her tears off her face.

"We all love you Jojo!" Mackenzie says blowing a kiss to the camera. We all say I love you.

"Wish you were here, bye!" I say after Jojo told us that she is going to tell her mom what she decided for now and that she's going to hit Australia before making that big decision.

We talk about how weird it would be if Jojo leaves and how we don't want her to go. After the depressing topic we go upstairs and play some pie face and end up eating a lot of whipped cream. Soon we're all really tired and decide it's time to go to bed in the basement after such a long day. We end up sleeping on the two giant bean bags which are surprisingly comfy. I love these girls and I couldn't ask for a better support group or dance family.

««««««««««««««««««««»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»
That edit of the jacket I made is 500% ridiculous and I apologize for it lol. Yes I know I did post this chapter late I've been out of town and my life has been really busy but the good thing is this chapter is three times as long as the last one and some. So that's good right...? Don't hurt me :) I promise I'm not making up one of this lame author excuses of why I couldn't post. I really couldn't post!

I haven't done one of these since the original ALDC Transformed book, but I felt it was definitely important to shout this person out. Wow this really really does have throwback feels. I'm shouting out aldcalwaysxoxo because she was so kind to write a review for me on the first ALDC Transformed in her "Behind The Scenes" book. Her critiques were incredibly important for me to and will help me with my writing in the further. Other than her review she also has a Dance Mom's book herself, "ALDC: Divided We Fall" which has a WIP sequel, "ALDC 2: Dream Team". I'm on chapter 63 of the original book and I love it! Things are heating up like crazy! I highly suggest you go read it, and if you do make sure to let Kat know that Taylor sent you. So yes go follow Kat and send much love her way because she deserves it so very much. Love ya Kat! ❤️

Love you guys! 😘
- xoxo Taylor

Personal Links:
Instagram- @Taylor_Smiles

|This story is updated THURSDAY!(ish)|

•Word Count 10096

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.8K 211 37
Claire is a dancer at the Aldc. When abby starts a reality show she invites Claire to be on her competition team. Claire is known to be a very dedic...
57.3K 1K 16
What would the ALDC be like if there was another girl that had Abby's favoritism?
250K 3.7K 149
McKayla Ziegler born September 30th twin sister to Maddie and older sister to Mackenzie grew up dancing at the Abby Lee Dance Company, when an excit...
30K 628 39
You say I'm crazy 'Cause you don't think I know what you've done But when you call me baby I know I'm not the only one Or When a charming new boy jo...