Perjury

By BlackLytical

"There is no excuse for perjury. Never, Never, Never. There is the truth and the truth demands respect." More

Perjury
1 || you're a witness.
2 || testify and run
3 || new home, new life
4 || new school, new students
5 || skipped ahead, friends maybe
6 || bodak yellow
7 || issa date
8 || do something
9 || birthday blues
11 || issa problem
12 || IDGAF
13 || thought i knew
14 || this is your family
15 || sorry, the end
Epilogue
Character Insight/ book inspiration
New story
New story 2
Tumblr

10 || boo thang

1.9K 99 70
By BlackLytical

"What do you mean we are going back to New York." I heard my mom say.

I was still upset and sore, they thought I was sleep, but when I heard pops say, we were going back to New York I had to listen in.

"Look that Cassius kid did this to Yael, it was already bad enough the boy had a girl friend and lead him on. But it was the last straw when I heard he beat him." Pops said.

I felt ma's hand stroke my face I flinched cause of the pain. My side was hurting.

"Just think about the kids before you decide we move. Yael has friends and to make him leave, especially now? It's not healthy."

Pops sighed. "Okay Yala. I will think about it"

I didn't want to go back to New York. I have a lot of friends here now and it would suck for me to have to leave them.

I was picked up once again and was being moved.

"Q go see Yala in my room, she will clean you up." Pops said "and you can sleep in Zeke's room."

I felt him go up the stairs and I guess towards my room. He laid me on the bed and left out.

I would be stupid to go back to Cassius after he beat me. It baffles me how he can just turn into some one like that.

Maybe this was s sign. A sign that is warning me that I Yael Capone Brewster does not need to be in an relationship.

I just laid their in my bed. I couldn't go to sleep. I just wanted to know what I did wrong.

I heard my door open and close. " bubby"

I lifted my head to the door and saw Maverick in his Spider-Man pajamas. I moved towards the wall and he ran over and climbed in bed with me.

"Who hurt you" he asked softly placing his little small hand on my face.

"Don't worry about it Mav, just go to sleep ok"

He looked at me with his eyes squinted, but laid down, he scooted his body into mine I put the covers over him and just watched him go to sleep.

It was now 10 in the morning and of course I went to sleep for an hour but was awoken out of it by Maverick kicking me. He tends to sleep pretty wildly.

I looked too my left and he was hanging off the bed. I got up and positioned him in the middle and limped my sore body to the bathroom to get ready for the day. After my shower, I looked at my hair. It grew out a lot and I like it.

After getting dressed I went into my room to see Mav was gone. I held my side and limped down the stairs.

Mara and Q were at the kitchen island. I took a seat in between them.

"How you feel baby boy?" Mara asked me.

"Still in pain, the bruises are fresh. I laid my head on Q's shoulder. I looked up at him and he had a bandage above his eyebrow. He fought his best friend for me. He didn't have to do that.

"How do you feel Q?"

He shrugged and looked down at me. "I have been in worst fights than that. I'm fine. Are you fine."

I nodded my head softly. Is it wrong to say I have caught feelings for Q knowing that he is not gay.

"I'm going to see a movie tonight, you want to go with me? Just us, a guys day out." Q asked.

"I don't know" I said.

"You should go, it would get your mind off of things, my treat.." Q encouraged.

"Sure why not." I gave in. I did need a day out. I just hope I don't see him today.

"Come on, ill treat us to breakfast and a little shopping spree." He got up and pulled me up.

"What about Mara." I asked.

"I will be fine, your Ma has been teaching me how to make my eyebrows look natural, she's taking me to her beauty bar today."Mara cheesed.

"Okay and my dad?" I questioned.

"Just go, I trust Q to look after you. " pops said as he came in the room.

I nodded and followed Q out to his car. His car was a Ford Shelby GT350, it was a beautiful red color. Of course he opened the door for me and helped me in.

He got in and drove out of my driveway. "You ever at IHOP?"

I shook my head. "No I have not" I heard of it but I never been to one. Why does everyone like those places so much. My ma's cooking is better.

"Oh shit, we gotta a get you on the wave, I like Denny's better but IHOP is closer."

I rose a brow. Hm. Okay. He hooked his phone to then Aux cord and passed me his phone.

I looked at it and then at him. "Why did you give me your phone.

"Play some music from it. "

I bit my lip and began scrolling through his music list. I came across Work Work Don't Stop by Yung Nation.

As soon as it began playing, he was dancing in his seat. I laughed at him. He looked at me and smiled.

"What, this song is great." He whined in his seat as he was driving.

I shook my head and looked out the window. We pulled up to IHOP, and walked in. We got stares, I guess because of our bruises on our faces and maybe because I had a little limp in my walk.

" hey! Charlie, we have a newbie to Ihop"

I looked at him. "Do you have to yell?"

"Well yeah, My uncle works here" he cheesed.

A man who looked almost just like Qamar was coming up to us. I slightly moved closer to Q and he placed his arm around my waist. Hmm.

"Lil Q, what brings you to this side of town."

"Decided to show my friend a good IHOP to eat at especially for his first time."

"Well, you know the drill, speak to the folks in the back and I lead your friend to a booth."

I instantly looked at Q, he is leaving me with this strange ass man. Uh-uh. I felt my breath start to go uneven.

"I can't today man, I have a lot to do, so I just want us to eat so we can leave." Q said and rubbed my side. I calmed down slightly.

"Well okay, follow me."

We followed him to a booth I sat down and Q sat across from. Of course he ordered for me knowing my religion and what I wasn't allowed to eat.

I was playing on my phone when I finally looked up and noticed that he was leaned back he was licking his lips and watching something out the window.

"You know I never expected us to get this close you know. " he said looking at me.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, if I was never put into that little group project with you and my cousin. I wouldn't even be talking to you."

I frowned. "So you wouldn't talk to me if we weren't in the group together?"

"I didn't mean it like that. It's like, you were cool with Mara and I heard about your panic attacks and I was afraid you would have one if I tried to talk to you then."

I hummed in confusion. But I was glad he was put in my group. I needed guy friends more than I did female friends.

Our breakfast was brought out and I was in a blissful heaven. He laughed at my expressions.

"See, its good isn't it" he asked as he licked his fingers clean.

I nodded and stuffed my face. Like I said. I don't eat a lot so this is all new to me. I did not know what I was missing when I wouldn't eat.

After we ate and all of that we went to the mall. He kept his arm around me as we looked and walked around. I saw this chain locket that I liked but didn't have the money to buy it. He did try to get me some stuff but I declined. He did not need spend his money on me.

"Well at least let me get us some lunch."

"Fine" I gave in. I was full from breakfast so whatever he gets me I might just eat half and let him have the rest.

"So I settle on chic fil la" he said.

"That's fine" I ate half the fries and sandwich and drunk some of the sprite. I gave him the rest and he finished it off.

"We are going to go watch spider-man, let's go" he said grabbing my hand and dragging me to the theater that was in the mall.

He sure is spending a lot of his money, I'm gonna have to find a way to pay him back. We got our tickets, some candy and drinks. We sat in the very back.

"Why are you doing all of this." I asked while the trailers were playing.

"I just want you to have a good day and forget about fuck nigga Cassius. You my lil homie."

I smiled and watched the movie. Well that clear all my suspicions. But I could have swore he put his arm around me during the movie and leaned closer to me. But i shrugged it all off.

"I got you something" he whispered in my ear.

I looked at him and he pulled something out of his pocket. I looked in his hand to see the chain and locket I was eyeing at the store.

"I can't take this." I said.

"Take it, I got it for you." He said as he put it around my neck.

"Thank you." I smiled. I wanna know why he is being like this paying for all of this.

After the movie, we did a little photo shoot. It was fun and he mostly took pictures of me. If I wasn't so problematic I could be a model or something.

I looked at the all the pictures and we both picked our favorites of each other.

Yes we went to different places to do phone photo shoots. I liked it and now I have new pictures for my phone. Just wish I could have a social to post all these pictures.

It was around 10 pm when we finally got back to my house. I stood on the passenger side of his car as he stood in front of me and looked down at me.

"Thanks for this Qamar, I needed it"

"I'm glad I could help you be happy for a day, I'm sorry I didn't tell you about Cassius and his girl."

"It's fine, your loyalty was to him first anyway, I j-"

I got cut off by him gently cupping my face and kissing me. I pulled my head back.

He dropped his hands and looked away. "I am sorry about that I-"

I cut him off and cupped his face bringing it to mine and kissed him back. His hands were gently grabbing my sides pulling me closer.

We gave each other little pecks to finish off the kiss. "The kiss would be a lot better if our lips weren't busted" he joked.

I laughed silently and he just held me in his arms. I don't know what this means for us, but right now I just want to enjoy the moment be fore it is ruined.

Markian

I looked out the front window and squinted my eyes when I saw them kissing. I really want to bring him in the house, but they were having a little moment.

I walked to the kitchen to get a beer and my phone went off. I looked at the caller screen to see it was Giulio.

I picked up on the second ring. "You still got that place in New York."

"Listen, Markian, things here aren't going to die down here for another few years or so and plus you said it yourself Yael likes it there. Do not hurt the kid by bringing him back here"

"Where is all of this coming from Giu."

"I know I want to see my brothers son sooner or later. But I will see him when I come down there. In the mean time just keep him out of trouble. But Markian"

"Yeah? I hummed

"I thank you and Yala for taking him in all those years ago. If he was with me I do not know how he would have ended up."

"It's no problem Giulio, but you do know, when he finds out he might still call me pops and shit and might not want to live with you."

"I can take that, as long as I can build an uncle and nephew relationship with him like Gotti wanted."

"It will happen give it time. Look I got to go. I will talk to you later"

I hung up and watched Yael come in the house

He bit his lip and headed straight to his room. I hope he can take the news well when it's time for me to tell him.

This is going to be frustrating and now I have to tell Yala.

Fuck my life.

--------------------------------

Another update for ya.

How ya feel ?

Confused? Have questions? Ask away.

There is like ten to fifteen chapters left guys

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

710K 23.2K 31
TeacherxStudent Don't let love fool you. Sometimes it's worth the risk.
1.4K 246 23
Just remember, you can do anything you set your mind to, but it takes action, perseverance, and facing your fears.
490 83 26
Life's not a doughnut, and so it does not need to be sugar coated. "I was going to tell this story about the events of my life in a way so it was fil...
14.4K 944 34
"Your actions always speak louder."