Lie With Me

By ItsAnaHere

My name is Anastasia Stratford. I entered a whole new world with one signature. Why I did it? Simple. Money... More

Waiting
Busy
Face to face with the devil
Disaster
Surprise
Amateur Actress
The Contract
Aloha!
Awkward
Wedding Day - Part 2
Star of the Show
A Fresh Start
New Home
Party Plans?
Full of Hot Air
Confessions
Denial
The Room's Spinning
A Good Day Runined
The Tourist
Birthday Tears
Lies
Sick Day
Engagement Party
Breakup
Cheers To Us
From the Heart
Complications
Talk to Me
Sisters by Chance?
By Blood
What A Small World
Beg
Shrink
My Time Is Up
Letting Go
Therapy?
Broken
Eavesdropping
Fate?
What's New
Disaster Brewing?
Wedding Vows
Til Death Do Us Part?
Unfolded
Spill the Beans
All Mixed Up

Wedding Day - Part 1

11.5K 463 16
By ItsAnaHere

I tossed and turned the whole night in that stupid white chair thinking about one thing. The kiss. The stupid damn kiss.

My boss laid still as a rock with his back towards me. It was almost six in the morning. I needed to get out of here. Trying my best to be quiet, I got up and put on a random dress. I slipped on my rubber flip flops and went out the door quietly as a mouse.

The atmosphere outside seemed so much lighter and happier than in the hotel room. I smiled as I watched the sun slowly rise up. Rays of yellow and orange lit up the sky. My feet dug into the cool sand as I walked along the beach.

I still couldn't wrap my head around what happened  just hours ago. This feeling in my stomach was unfamiliar and it made me feel queasy. You know what, just forget that it ever happened.

Never happened.

It was already eight when I decided to head back to the room. My boss usually left around six so he shouldn't be around.

Thankfully the hotel room was empty. I rested my eyes for awhile and then changed into some workout shorts and a tank. The workout room seemed packed, but luckily I spotted an unoccupied treadmill. I put in my ear buds and played my favorite playlist.

I had been going a good twenty five minutes until a loud ring caused me to pull my headphones out. I looked at my phone to see my boss calling me. I roll my eyes and stop the treadmill.

"Hello," I say in a neutral voice.

"WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?" My boss screamed over the phone.

What the hell was his problem today? "Umm the workout room," I say carefully.

"Jesus Christ Ana, it starts at one and it's already nine," my boss says in an exasperated voice.

"What?" I ask with confusion.

"The fucking wedding," my boss says angrily.

"I'll be right up," I say quickly. I mentally slap myself for forgetting, but then again it was still only nine in the morning. What's the hurry?

I hear my boss sigh over the phone. "I'm already here, just get here quick. It's in the Legacy Courtyard. I'll have a car waiting outside the hotel for you. Please wear something nice and make yourself presentable so you don't embarrass me, after all you are my fiancé."

I hang up the phone without another word because I didn't know if I could restrain myself from smart mouthing him. It's a bad habit of mine and I don't think I should be doing that to someone who is signing my pay check.

I brush off what he had just said and quickly got up to the room. I shower and blow dry my hair in record time. Surprisingly I finished my eye and brow makeup within ten minutes. I swiped on a nude pink lipstick for the finishing touch.

I slipped on the peach colored satin spaghetti strap dress that I had brought for the wedding. It hugged my upper body tightly but it flowed loosely from the waist down. The dress came close to touching my knees. I chose to wear a pair of tall black sandals. The heel was about the width of a number two pencil, I'm just praying I don't fall on my face. The necklace I choose to pair with the dress was a small thin silver chain with round little diamonds that were placed around it. The necklace was very short and simple; it came down just above my collarbone. This necklace was given to me on my fourteenth birthday by my parents and it has a special place in my heart. I glanced at myself in the full length mirror and damn, I looked pretty good.

I walk outside to see a sleek black Bentley. How ironic, Mr. Bentley's car was a indeed a Bentley.

The courtyard wasn't very far from the hotel. I could feel my heart racing as we got closer to the destination. Out of no where, flashing lights started blinding my eyes. Men and women crowded around the car with huge cameras. "What the hell?"

"Paparazzi Miss," the driver stated while honking at them to move out of the way.

They followed us all the way until we reached the gate. The driver stopped the car and got out. He came over to my side and opened the door for me. The sound of voices became a clutter in my ears.

"Are you Alex's new girlfriend?" One reporter asked in a screaming voice.

"Is this relationship serious?" Another one shouted.

It went on and on until I finally got past the people and through the big solid gate. I sighed in relief. I had pretty much forgotten that my boss's family were pretty much celebrities.

Why would the paps automatically think that I was with Alex?

Ahead of me was a long smooth concrete path that led to a large beautiful white building; it kind of resembled the Capital Building in Washington D.C. but this one had a lot more windows. The smell of Freshly cut grass and the smell of flowers shot up my nostrils. A huge fountain stood big and tall right in front of the building.

As I stepped inside I noticed it was empty. Everything inside was so elegant and beautifully decorated. The floor was a tan and white marble with a few patterned rugs accenting it. Huge long oval shaped windows surrounded the room making it look gorgeous. There were also a few long halls around.

Where am I supposed to go? Why can't my boss at least give me clear instructions.

I take out my phone and dial my boss. A few seconds later the sound of his deep voice filled my ears.

"Where are you?" My boss snapped.

"In the building, but I don't know where to go," I say.

I hear him sigh. "Stay put, I'll come get you."

*Beep*

A part of me was excited to see him. A part of me wanted him to mention the kiss and talk to me about it but the other half wanted to go hide and never speak of it again.

What happened to forgetting about it Ana? Yeah that idea kinda flew out of the window. I just can't help it considering it was like the first real 'kiss' I've ever had. Oh my god was I a terrible kisser? How did I even know what to do?

The sound of footsteps on the stairs made me turn around. My boss started approaching me from the one of the long hallways. My heart started thumping loud and fast. His eyes seemed to scan me from head to toe, or maybe it was just my imagination.

My boss walked toward me and stood still right in front of me. He was wearing a black and white suit that fitted him perfectly, no doubt that it was designer. It probably cost more than I had ever spent in my lifetime. His dark hair was slightly curly like always; it fell effortlessly onto his head with a few locks falling on his forehead. There was a light stubble growing on his face and I think that made his appearance even more appealing. It should be illegal for someone to look this attractive.

Our eyes met and his intense gaze seemed to burn through me. I think I might just die of embarrassment.

"You're late."

"It's not even close to one yet," I try to say confidently.

"Doesn't matter if it's close to one or not, I ordered you here early, and you show up at eleven!" He says sounding super pissed.

Only if his personality was good as his looks, it would be like living in a fairytale. "How was I supposed to know when early was? And I don't recall you ever telling me to get here early. You never told me any specific time to show up."

He narrowed his eyes at me. "I shouldn't have to sweetheart."

"I not a mind reader Mr. Bentley, maybe if you would've actually took the time to tell me, then I would've been here earlier," I say trying to keep cool.

"You are forgiven," he states.

What the hell is wrong with this guy. Forgiven?
"I don't need your forgiveness because I didn't do anything wrong."

He put his hand up silencing me. "Anyways, apology accepted Ms. Stratford."

Before I could respond he tosses something silver at me, and surprisingly I catch it.

"Put it on, you can't be Mrs. Bentley with a rock to show it," my boss says. "And don't call my Mr. Bentley, call me Alex."

Wow, wasn't how I was expecting how my marriage proposal would go. My hand opens to reveal the most gorgeous ring I had ever seen. I slip the ring on my finger and surprisingly it fits perfectly. It was very beautiful. A large oval diamond sat right on top with smaller ones surrounding it. What a big rock.

Hate to admit it, but mans got good taste, at least that is if he's the one who picked it out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 84 68
"This is a deal Miss Wonder Hart you can't back away " It was meant to be a simple deal right, I needed a job and he wanted an assistant what can r...
68.5K 4.9K 48
Anastasia Love was born and bred to take over the family business her father created. After her questionable and intense upbringing, she's managed to...
9.4M 454K 109
An age gap love story. A brokenhearted billionaire. A college girl. ***** "Nevaeh," Aiden whispers, "can I rest my head on your shoulder?" I nod, l...
44.7K 1.9K 41
"Ladies and Gentlemen, thanks for coming to the party we have collected a good amount for the charity. I also would like to say that this party is no...