Safaa

By Kalthumm

Join me as I tell you the story of the timid and naive Safaa.. And how her moderate life took a turn within... More

A/N
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven.
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine.
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen.
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nighteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter Twenty one
Chapter twenty three
Chapter twenty four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
👐
Chapter Forty Three
An Apology
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Chapter Sixty Four
Chapter Sixty Five
Chapter Sixty Six
Epilogue

Chapter Twenty two

10K 1.3K 27
By Kalthumm

Ahmad..

My teeth chattered in fear as I watched the gate of my house open,we arrived town late and I have been feeling like Safaa is not alright,I keep on remembering Inna's words.

I leapt from the car the moment it came to a halt hurting my arm in the process yet nothing else mattered,I only want to hold my wife,to tell her am sorry and that I promise to be with her no matter what.

I opened the door to her room slowly hoping that I'll see her asleep or on her prayer mat but a gloomy and dark atmosphere welcomed me,I called her name several times before switching on the light,my hand was shaking when I opened her bathroom and still didn't see her there.I called her number but heard the sound of her ringtone inside the room.

"Ma'aruf look for Safaa downstairs" I yelled checking one room to another.

Minutes later,I collapsed on the Sofa blaming myself for her sudden disappearance,Ma'aruf came in too after inquiring from the gateman her whereabouts.

"Ahmad the gateman said she went out after Isha and he tried stopping her but she refused"

"What am I going to do then?" I panicked.

"Call Mommy" He advised.

"But I can't just call and tell her Safaa is missing"

"No you don't have to tell her,try and know if Safaa is with them" He said using my phone to dial Mommy's phone number.

"Assalamu Alaiki" I salaamed tapping the speaker mode.

"Wa Alaikassalam Ahmadu,How are you guys? I hope you've reconciled with your wife because I left her in a bad state" She said all at once.

"Uhmm Yeah" I answered uncertainly.

"That's good then,I'll call you back later I need to see your father now"

"Alright bye" I said ending the call.

"She's not with my wife too"

"I'm doomed Ma'aruf"

"Ya Allah what If something bad happened to her,what if she went back to Rigar Dala by herself,she doesn't even know where she can get a car that will take her there"

"Just be calm Ahmad,Let's go to the station and ask around"

"I hope she's alright" I kept chanting quitely while Ma'aruf drove us to the station.

After searching all the places we thought we could find her but it's all futile,Ma'aruf suggest we just go back home as it is so late at night.

"In shaa Allah she's alright,we can go back to Rigar Dala as early as we can tomorrow"

"But why didn't she go out with her phone? What's even wrong with her,Gosh I can't keep calm" I spat.

"You have to be calm,please"

●●●●●●●■■■■■■●●●●●■■■■■■●●●●●

I didn't know what brought me to an underground place that's so dark and endless,yet I kept walking,my breath coming out in pants.I had no idea where am heading to but I know I needed to be out of it as soon as I can.I heard my name being called and I saw someone that looks like my Mama,I ran to her but she shun me away laughing evilly and when I tried going to her again she disappeared after shouting at me to stay away from her and then I began hearing voices,each one of them cursing me,making me lose my mind.

I heard a delicate voice amongst the scary ones assuring me that I should be calm,I followed the voice and slowly began to see a light,there's always a light at the end of the tunnel after all.I reached the light and abruptly opened my eyes to an unfamiliar white and gold luxurious environment

And it occurred to me,I had a nightmare.

But then why am I in a place as beautiful as this?

I think it might be another dream.

But remembering the two men that were following me made me freak out,maybe they abducted me,I always stupidly end up getting myself into trouble,Yaya Ahmad will never want a wife as careless as I am.

Warding off all the thoughts,I focused on how I can stand up from the bed quitely and without them noticing,leave the place.

"Help me Ya Allah" I muttered inwardly.

"Mommy the pretty lady that's been sleeping since is awake now" A little girl in a silver flowy gown who's probably five years old came inside the room just when I tried looking for an exit.

"Manaal you woke her up didn't you?" A beautiful woman carrying a cute baby boy came in too.

"I'm so sorry she woke you up right?"

"No she didn't" I  weakly smiled already feeling comfortable around them.

"Am I dead?" I blurted making the lady laugh.

White and golden to me is way beautiful to be the color of just a room.I must be having another dream or maybe...

"No you're not" She answered bringing an end to my reverie.

"Okay then please where am I?" I asked again looking at my maroon tainted fingers.

"Am Ummulkhair,you're in my house,My husband and I almost hit you last night,you had no phone so we couldn't contact your relatives" She explained carefully.

"Ohh I remember now,Am Safaa,but..."

"Yes we couldn't take you to the hospital also,I insisted we bring you here,nothing is wrong with you,you were just scared,now can you give me your father or brother's phone number" She added.

"I can give you my husband's"

"Ohh you're married?" She beamed.

"Yes some days ago"

"Your husband must be freaking out by now,let me call my husband in" She said leaving and after minutes she came back with her husband.

"Sannu ko,I hope you're okay now?" He asked taking the chubby little boy from his wife.

"I am" I answered.

"My wife almost got a heart attack last night because of you,she's such a scary cat"

"Oh please,it's all your fault,you were busy playing with the kids while driving"

"No you distracted me with your killer smile"

"Errmm" I coughed trying to get back their attention.

"Don't mind us please,let me have your husband's phone number,name and address" The husband asked.

My husband is actually going to eat me alive...I thought before answering him.

"He's Ahmad Sunusi Abdulfatah and the phone number is..."

I didn't finish talking when the wife cut me off.

"Oh my Gosh,you're the bride whose house is located not so far from here"

"Ohh am still in our estate?" I asked them.

"Yes your house is four houses away from here,I know your husband's family,I work with them,I will let your husband know you're here and safe with us Asap" The husband answered and left.

"Please do" I said massaging my forehead.

"You need to freshen up and have breakfast,that's the bathroom and Here's an Abaya,we're of the same height so it might fit you" Khair explained.

"Thank you" I mouthed before proceeding into the bathroom.

I had a long and warm shower to wash away the fatigue and hopefully a bit of my anxiety,If water can even do that.

The ensuite had everything I needed and they're all new.After my shower I dressed up in the cloth she gave me and walked to the vanity table where different perfumes and make up stuff were arranged.I stared at myself at the mirror and saw a lot of changes,I look so pale and frail.Spraying some perfume I decided to walk around and find the living room myself because my stomach needs that which I have forsaken for more than 24hours.

"Hello" Manaal tweeted.

"Hi baby" I smiled playing with her curls.

"Come I'll take you to my mommy" She smiled back entwining our hands.

"Mashaa Allah you and Manaal are really friends already" Ummulkhair smiled when we reached the dining room.

"Mommy what's her name?" Manaal asked.

"She's Aunty Safaa,I'll be right back" Khair answered taking Manaal with her and at that moment her husband came in with Yaya Ahmad.

I stared at his tired and worried figure walking towards me,everything became standstill,I waited for him to slap or shout at me but instead felt myself in his warm embrace.My emotional state coupled with the fact that I'm so afraid made me break down in his arms.

"I'm so...rry" I hiccuped.

"Shush it's okay,Ummlkhair's husband told me everything"

"I was so afraid at home,so I decided to go to Abidah's house and then two men followed me" I explained amidst muffled sobs.

"We will talk when we get home okay?" He said gently patting my back.

"Okay" I nodded.

"Now let's go home" He said taking my hands.

"No one's going home yet,Safaa was about to eat breakfast" Ummulkhair came in just in time because I wanted to do justice to my stomach,it has been groaning since I woke up.

"Oh really,I'll let you ladies eat then,Safaa I will be waiting for you" He said exiting the dining room.

"Who was pursuing you last night?" Umm Manaal asked while we were eating.

"I don't know them" I answered sincerely.

"Subhanallah,Thank God you met us though it could have been terrible if we did hit you"

"Yes Alhamdulillah,thankfully nothing bad happened,I'll be more careful next time."

"Yeah be careful not to go out on your own,it's not safe"

"In shaa Allah,Thank you" I smiled and we continued eating in silence.

Both Yaya Ahmad and I were so quite during the 8-10 minutes drive to our home.I could hear the rapid beating of my pulse in my ears I had nothing to say to him or should I say,I don't know how to begin.We alighted the car and walked inside the house still without saying a word to each other,I went straight to my room as I was so afraid,maybe he acted all nice in front of people so they won't suspect a thing.If he wasn't acting why didn't he try starting a conversation while we were coming back home.

"Safaa come here" He said coming after me.
.
"Okay" I said coming back into the living room.

"I'm sorry" He began patting a space next to him for me to sit on the sofa.

"No..." I said wanting to apologise but he cut me off.

"I promise things will be like before,let's put all of those misunderstandings behind our backs,Let's forget about the pictures,Right now,the only thing we should look forward to is what we both have for each other"

"I acted up the wrong way and I'm so sorry and I promise I will look for Moudu,he must pay for what he did" He finished hugging my sobbing figure.

"I'm sorry" I kept repeating while crying.

"And am sorry too,now promise me you will forget about everything" He said locking my gaze with his.

"I'll try" I whispered.

"I don't want you to try,I want you to just promise me"

"Okay" I nodded.

"Very good,we will be leaving to Australia next week,I hope you will leave everything behind by then"

"But I don't want to go anymore" I pouted.

"It's too late,Go get sexy we're going out" He smirked.

"Where?" I asked.

"Somewhere"

"I feel tired" I whined getting up.

"I'll go get ready too" He said ignoring my complaint.

I dragged my heavy legs to my room and walked to my closet to choose what to wear,there's more than enough clothes but I couldn't choose what to wear.

"I'm ready" Yaya Ahmad barged in.

"I'm still not ready,I don't know what to wear" I grumbled.

"Hmm let's see"  He said walking into the closet.

"You didn't tell me where we are going so of course I won't know what to wear" I complained following him around the closet.

"How about this" He said bringing out a pink floral gown.

"No I don't like it"

"What of this" He brought out another beige one.

And that's how we kept on bantering till we got tired.I became my old self again and my husband and I,a close to perfect couple.

How I wish our life will remain as it is,without the memories of the past hunting us.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

I wish so too dearest Safara'u...

But not all wishes come true.

I know the lovers of happily ever after like......will want the story to end here.

Who wants it to end here?😉

😹But My inner mugu keeps saying I want drama 😈😈

And we all need a dose of reality once in a while...

But you guys know I love you right?😬

Vote
Comment
And share.😘😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 387 18
*** Only three things are certain in life: death, injustice and love. Umma had drilled this into Amina's head from the day she was born. One couldn't...
109K 14.1K 104
Everyone has that one life changing moment, That moment defines you. It shapes who you are as a person, and pushes you down the path that leads to th...
117K 18.8K 65
~BOOK 2 IN THE DESIRES SERIES~ STARTED ON 27-AUGUST-2020 FINISHED ON 14-OCTOBER-2020 Completed. #1 Nigerian On 05-Sept-2021 #18 Africa...
24.1K 4.8K 44
"I don't think there is anything you can do well apart from embarrassing your useless self. Sometimes I ask myself if I'm your mother...." All she wa...