Swing for the Fences (Dansby...

By LoveBraves11

Best friends Jessalyn and Bristol have finally graduated from Vanderbilt University. Upon returning to their... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33

Chapter 27

672 16 7
By LoveBraves11

Bristol and Ender stood in the reception hall and waited for Jessalyn and Dansby's arrival. Ender nudged Bristol and smiled sweetly at her, "So, are you ready to do this with me?"

Bristol shyly looked away. She was, but she didn't deserve all of what Jessalyn had gotten. It would be unfair to make the same big production for her after Jess had remained pure and innocent. It didn't seem right that she could be pregnant and get the same type of treatment, "You know I love you, Ender, more than anything-" She kissed him as she moved to stand beside him and face the door, "But honestly, I just want to be your wife. I don't care about all of this-"

He pulled her closer to him and nodded, "You know I'll give you whatever you want. I just want to be the one who makes all of your dreams a reality... Like Dans has done for Jess."

"You already have-" She took his hand and placed it on her stomach. Bristol felt a flutter and smiled up at him, "This isn't what I originally wanted, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. And now, no wedding or anything could top what we already have."

"I know Dansby would argue with me, but I'm the luckiest man alive-" Ender quickly kissed her and was about to continue the conversation when everyone began to cheer. Their attention focused on the door where the DJ introduced their best friends as Mr. and Mrs. Dansby Swanson.

"That's going to take some getting used to," She giggled over the music and waved to Jessalyn, "My two best friends- I still can't believe it."

"Well, believe it!" Dansby walked up to them, and quickly hugged them both, "Thank you guys so much for everything."

Ender grinned, his arm finding Bristol's waist once more, "Oh don't mention it. And there's more where that came from, mi hermeno."

Dansby kept his eyes on his best friends, "Seriously, you two have done more than enough."

"I don't think you'll say that when you get your wedding gift-" Bristol winked at Dansby, "Trust me."

"Oh really, now?" Jess' arm was wrapped around Dansby from behind. Her lips found the back of his neck and she loved the fact he shivered at her touch.

"Hey now-" Bristol noticed the interaction between the two and laughed, "You've made it this long, you've still got at least another hour to go."

Ender smirked and reached in his jacket to pull out an envelope, "I think we can go ahead and give you this. We probably won't see you after the reception at all. IN fact, I doubt you'll even stay through the whole thing."

Dansby grinned and opened the envelope. Inside was two plane tickets and an all expense paid trip to Switzerland, "Whoa-" He showed it to Jess and couldn't wrap his mind around it, "I mean, you shouldn't have-" He felt emotional and pulled Ender and Bristol into a hug.

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME?" She took the tickets from Dansby and gasped, "You guys! This is exactly where I've been dreaming of going! I love you both!!"

"We love you too," Ender smiled and broke away to stare at the two, "If you notice, the flight doesn't leave until in the morning so... the two of you won't have far to go after this is over-"

"Oh," Jess suddenly felt excited and nervous at the same time. She felt Dansby's arm around her waist as he pulled her closer. Her mind couldn't comprehend the ways he'd be holding her later, "Wow- I uh- You thought of everything, didn't you?"

"We did," Bristol winked, "Now go celebrate! You got plans later!"

Dansby grinned, pulling Jess onto the dance floor as they waved to their friends. He heard their names being announced and he pulled her close as the floor cleared. It was their first dance as husband and wife and he was going to treasure every last second of it.

Everything continued to go smoothly and it was finally time to say their toast. Ender stood and tapped his glass to get everyone's attention, "Alright. We all know we are here for Dansby and Jessalyn's wedding, but how much do we really know about these two?"

Jessalyn giggled as she rested her head on Dansby's shoulder, "Oh no!" Her eyes were on Ender as he continued to speak.

"No, now hear me out-" Ender winked at Jessalyn, "Bristol and I have put together a little something for our best friends. It's just something we knew you two would enjoy. So, enjoy-" He pointed to the wall where a screen came down and retook his seat beside of Bristol.

The projector began to play a video that literally went through hundreds of photos and home movies. It showed everything from their first day of preschool to their date night two days before. There were videos of all holidays and even Jessalyn's parents.

Bristol sweetly smiled over to where her best friend sat. She still couldn't grasp the fact she was married to their other best friend. There were times she'd seen it and times she just didn't, but over all, she knew it was right. She felt Ender's arm around her and she relaxed back against him, focusing on the video that continued to play.

"Hey, Jess! I know you well enough to know you've already cried all of your make up off. Right now, you're gently patting your face with a napkin and probably side-eyeing me for saying this-"

"JESSALYN!" Ender stepped infront of Bristol, "Eres la hermana que nunca tuve! te amo!"

Bristol rolled her eyes, "He says you're the sister he never had and he loves you. And so do I-"

"And hey, if you think this part is fun, just wait until after the wedding. Am I right, Dansby--" Ender suggestively stared at the camera, before Bristol shoved him, "WHAT? It's true?!"

"Ender! Stop that. Turn that off- edit this out! Delete it!"

"I will not! And neither will you!"

"We'll see about that Inciarte-"

"Oh really?"

"YES. Do you want after this to be fun or-?"

"OKAY, gotta go. You probably won't see this part, but eh- Happy life, mejor amigas!"

Everyone burst into laughter and Bristol smacked Ender, "What?" He innocently glanced over to her, "Everyone loved it."

"Sure they did-" She punched his arm but remained quiet, "But you're going to pay for it later-"

"Sure I will-" He kissed her cheek and she leaned into him. His arm pulled her closer as he glanced over to their friends who were both engulfed in laughter, "That's what it's all about-"

Bristol stood and looked towards the two, "Dansby and Jessalyn Swanson. A lot of people in our lives seen it, and I guess I had my moments too, but I never wanted to admit it. I was worried I'd lose my buddies. That couldn't be further from the truth. The two of you are literally so perfect it's like you were perfectly made puzzle pieces that just fit. Honestly, some days, it's down right sickening. Or maybe that was just morning sickness," She laid her hand on her stomach and everyone laughed, "No really though, I couldn't imagine either of you with anyone else. I guess I never really could. The three of us have been through so much together, now it's the four of us, almost five-" She smiled sweetly, "There are moments, like this one, where I think it can't get any better but then I remember- there's the future. Forever. That's us. We're going to raise our children and have a bunch of cats and dogs-" She smiled, looking between the two, "And if anyone on this earth truly loves each other, it's you two. Congratulations, and I love you both with my whole heart."

Jessalyn was crying and jumped up from her seat to hug Bristol. She cried against her shoulder and Bristol held her tight, "I love you, Jess. I'm so proud of you. Your parents would be too-"

"Aw, Bris," She sniffled, "Where would I be without you?"

"Best friendless," She mused and pulled back from her, "And probably pretty dang bored."

Dansby moved passed Jess to hug Bristol too, "Thank you, Bristol. And you too, Ender. We wouldn't be here if it weren't for you two."

"More like I wouldn't be-" Ender grinned, "I'm only here because the three of you knew each other. And I'm thankful for that-" He smiled over to Bristol, "Very thankful."

"Okay, you guys-" Bristol laughed softly as she fought back the urge to cry, "We've got the cake to cut and in a hurry because I'm pretty sure you two have somewhere to be."

"Oh," Jessalyn blushed a little as she felt Dansby's arms around her from behind. He rested his chin on her shoulder and she sighed. Being in his arms felt so much different now, in a good way of course. Belonging to someone was the best feeling in the world and no one could tell her differently.

♥ ♥ ♥

About another hour passed and Bristol was set to wrap things up, "Okay, after the bouquet toss, we will bid goodbye to the happy couple. I think they have stayed longer than planned and have somewhere they really need to be."

Everyone collectively cheered and took their positions for the catch. Jessalyn smiled and hoped everyone would do as she had instructed. She took a deep breath and tossed it over her shoulders. When she heard Bristol's excitement, she turned to stare at her best friend.

"Hey, I mean- I'm glad I caught this- but where did everyone go?" She frowned, "Why did everyone make sure I caught this? Ender?"

"Why is it when something is suspicious you automatically assume me, princesa?"

"Because you're usually responsible. I would still marry you even if I hadn't caught this."

He held his hands up in defense, "Honestly, not me this time."

"It was actually me," Jessalyn stood just in front of Bristol and smiled. She felt nervous but excited at the same time, "Come over here, Ender," Once he had joined them she looked between the both of them and continued, "So, Dansby and I sort of have a little gift for the both of you-"

The two of them looked confused but Bristol rolled with it, "Okay? I mean, you didn't have to do that- this is your wedding. YOUR day. It's about you two, not us."

"Okay, well, it's not really ABOUT you, per say-" Dansby pointed inside the bouquet, his arms around his wife from behind once more, "Go on-"

Bristol eyed them as she reached into the middle of the flower and pulled out a small envelope. She moved her gaze to Ender who was watching intently.

Ender sighed, "If this is an eviction notice, I am going to cry. A grown man crying. I called it."

Jessalyn and Dansby laughed over Ender and Jess spoke sweetly, "Promise it's not. Just open it."

Bristol's hands were shaky as she finally managed to pull out the small photo. It was an ultrasound of their baby and she nor Ender could not ignore the blue glitter that fell on them and across the floor, "Oh my God," she gasped, covering her mouth with her free hand. She felt Ender's arms around her, but she couldn't focus, "Is this really--- I mean- is this real?"

"YES," Jessalyn exclaimed, "YES, you're having a boy. Congratulations you two!"

Ender felt emotional and tried to fight back the tears that filled his eyes, "I told you so-" He turned to Bristol and pulled her into a tight hug. He didn't let go as he continued talking to her, "We're having a boy. We're actually having a son- we're having a baby- what the heck-" He breathed a sigh of relief and it was at that very moment he realized, it was all real.

"Tears and yet... it wasn't an eviction notice, my man," Dansby wrapped a firm arm around Ender's shoulder while Jessalyn did the same to Bristol. Each broke away and turned to hug their friends, "The girls are going to be out numbered now."

"I heard that-" Bristol sniffled against Jessalyn, "Gosh, you have no idea how much this means to us to do this here and now, at your wedding-" She pulled back to stare at Jess and quickly felt Ender's arms back around her, "I can't believe I'm having a boy..."

"We," Ender corrected, "Definitely we."

"You know what I mean-" Bristol playfully rolled her eyes and turned to Jess, "You did it at your wedding though, that's the most selfless thing.."

Dansby shrugged, "We didn't want to make you wait until we got back. We wouldn't want to wait that long."

"Gracias," Ender nudged Dansby, "Speaking of waiting a long time... it's almost time for that twenty-year wait to be fulfilled-"

"Inciarte!" Dansby had a nervous laugh and shook his head, "Behave."

"He's not wrong though, Dans..." Bristol laughed softly, her mind still not wrapped around the fact the baby she was carrying was a boy. She never honestly cared what the gender was so long as it was healthy, "Well, it's time for your car to take you to your hotel... Are you ready?"

Jessalyn nodded and nervously laughed as Dansby popped up behind her. Was she ready? She honestly had no idea. But if she wasn't ready, there was no other person she'd rather find out with.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 45 23
You start to off as best friends...
46.8K 1.4K 25
Amariah and her family moves to New Orleans @ 12 she goes to a new school starts off fresh and she meets august they become best friends after years...
37.5K 648 17
" i don't know how not to live my life with you in it" a short sequel to my previous Corey Seager fanfiction, Baby Bellinger.
18.8K 152 77
Imagines about your favorite braves players This will include -Austin Riley -Dansby Swanson -Matt Olson -Travis d'Arnaud -Vaughn Grissom -Max Fried...