Vampire King ~Kaname Kuran lo...

By gabstery

Emi Mizono belonged to an Aristocrat vampire family. Her parents were good friends of the Kuran family for hu... More

A/N -Emi Mizono-
-Chapter 1-
-Chapter 2-
-Chapter 3-
-Chapter 4-
-Chapter 5-
-Chapter 6-
-Chapter 7-
-Chapter 8-
-Chapter 9-
-Chapter 10-
-Chapter 11-
-Chapter 12-
-Chapter 13-
-Chapter 14-
-Chapter 15-
I'm back!!!!
-Chapter 16-
-Chapter 17-
-Chapter 18-
-Chapter 19-
-Chapter 20-
-Chapter 21-
-Chapter 22-
-Chapter 23-
-Chapter 24-
-Chapter 25-
-Chapter 26-
-Chapter 28-
-Chapter 29-
-Chapter 30-
-Epilogue-
Sequal has been Published!

-Chapter 27-

4.3K 123 44
By gabstery

{Sorry if there are grammar issues!}

Kaname gazed down at the girl in his arms and a wave of hesitation washed over him. This was something he yearned for the past 10 years... yet something in him was holding him back.

 These past years he was prepared for this day to come, even when it meant changing everything. All he could think about was being with the girl who was born to be his wife, but now he was questioning himself. He knew deep down, no matter how much he tried to ignore it, she held feelings for that boy. Kaname realized this after he partook from her... that her blood didn't quench his thirst.  Something or someone in his heart was preventing that...

 He decided to push the thoughts away and continued on...

______________________________

The Night Class was filled with shock as the presence of a new Pureblood filled the academy. 

Rido smirked. "Well...Shall I go pluck the ripe fruit...? Kaname decided to wake her up without pain." He chuckled. Ichijo looked away and bit his lip.

Emi and Aido stopped dead in their track. 

"What the.," Aido said under his breath while Emi stayed quiet, showing no reaction. Aido turned back and stared at Emi. A small feeling of guilt sparked within him. 

"Hey, let's head back to Akatsuki." He said in a kind tone to the fragile girl who would break at any moment. After a moment of silence, she shook her head and gazed up at Aido.

"You go ahead...I need to go back to my dorm." She forced a small smile on her lips. Aido stared at her with concern and sighed.

"Alright..." He spoke as he turned his back but didn't take a step forward. 

"Emi."

Emi glanced up and stared at his back in confusion.

"With everything that has happened to you... even tonight, please stay strong. You'll have a happy ending, I know it." He said with a tone with slight anger. Her eyes widen as she bit her lip, tears beginning to form in her hazel eyes. She let out a sniffle and wiped away the tears with her soft jacket sleeve that shielded her body from the cold. 

She hummed in agreement and smiled softly. "Thank you, Aido."

And with that, they parted ways. 

_______________________________________

"Akatsuki!" Aido spoke out in the restless night as he walked up to Kain, who was resting his back against the Sun dorm building. 

"Hanabusa, what's going on? You sensed it too, right?" Kain pushed himself up and glanced at Aido.  He stayed silent for a moment and sighed.  "Yes, I did."

"Hm? Where's Emi?" Kain said in tone with slight worry. Aido stared down at the ground, watching the snow fall to his feet. Only images of the event from not long ago flashed in his mind.

"She went back to the dorms." He finally replied. Kain stared at him with concern but shook it off. Their thoughts snapped when they heard footsteps coming their way. When the two glanced up, their eyes were met with Kaname's blank expression as he made his way towards them while carrying Yuki. It looked as if he was deep in thought. 

"Yuki Cross... is a Pureblood vampire?" Kain spoke up. He then glanced over to Aido beside him, noticing his stare towards Yuki Cross. 

Aido bit his lip slightly. "Is she... your younger sister?" 

"Hanabusa... No daughters were born into the Kuran family." Kain tried to correct him. Kaname stayed silent as he walked past them.

"She is indeed the beloved daughter of Juri and Haruka. She was hidden and protected." Kaname answered as Aido's blue eyes turned wide. "She was born to become my bride...If she still wishes it so..." Kaname glanced back at Aido. "Why are you surprised?"

Aido clenched his jaw and closed his eyes. " What about Emi?"

"Hanabusa-" Kain spoke out but was immediately cut off. 

"I noticed how close you two have become yet... all of this happened. Forgive my rudeness, Lord Kaname, but don't you need to speak with Emi? I know it's not my place to say but... she cares for you, Lord Kaname." Aido let out the words he never thought he'd say to a Pureblood. It almost made him laugh at himself. But his friend was in pain and it hurt to stand by and feel powerless.

Kaname remained silent, making Aido become slightly tense. Kaname glanced down at the sleeping girl in his arms, causing his mind to fill with questions. 

"You're right, Aido." He spoke out before entering the Sun dorms.

 Aido let out a sigh of relief. "Honestly...those two..." he spoke under his breath. Kain stood there, looking back towards the direction to the Moon Dormitory, his mind filling with Ruka. 

_________________________________

Rido chuckled as he wiped off the blood drop off his cheek. He gazed up to see Zero on the roof of the academy building, his face filled with shock.

"Zero Kiryuu... Ichiru's twin." Rido smirked as he glanced over to Ichijo.

"You look unhappy, Ichijo... You don't want me to use that girl as a sacrifice to resurrect myself? Or the fact that you betrayed Kaname? Maybe it might be when I murdered that girls sister." Ichijo tensed up as Rido paused. He raised his hand up to his neck. "Or is it because I've taken over Senri's body?" He suddenly dug his nails into Shiki's throat, but Ichijo immediately grabbed his hand and pulled it away quickly.

"Stop! Please!" He pleaded with a hint of anger and fear. Rido chuckled and harshly pulled his arm out of Ichijo's grip.

"Hey. Don't stay up there. Come down..." He gave smirked and glanced up to the quiet girl sitting on top of the high wall. "...Rima."

"You..." She finally spoke out. "You're are not Shiki, are you? Who are you? I won't stand by and watch you get away with it." Rima's gaze turned into a glare.

___________________________

I laid quietly in my bed, staring at the ceiling.So many thoughts ran through my head. I grabbed the dagger from my nightstand and gazed at it. I closed my eyes and sighed to myself.

'How did you feel back then, Kyou? I remember how you would always scold me for being too informal with the Kurans... How you would always watch us from afar...' 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey big sis?" I spoke out as I peeked over the couch where she sat to read. 

"What?" She said with a bit of an annoyance in her tone.

"Why do you get mad when I call Kaname 'Kaname'?" She sighed and closed her book.

"Because it's impolite, you idiot!" She huffed and crossed her arms. I began to pout. "But Kaname said he doesn't mind at all! Why do you get mad when I do it? Tama does it too!"

She sighed and her body dropped its tension. " I...I don't know. I'm sorry, Emi." She said as she stood up and walked away from me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the time... I was oblivious and naive... Back then, you cared for him too... were you jealous, Kyou....?

I opened my eyes and felt the lump in my pocket.

 As much as I tried to stop myself, I found myself pulling the rose necklace out of my coat pocket. I brought my hand close to my face and opened it, revealing the gleaming jewel. I closed my eyes and sighed.

My face began to burn up slightly, remembering the time I came to this academy. The night you held me close when I woke up from a nightmare... the conversations we had together.... when you drunk my blood.... and that time when our lips almost met... why did you give me this necklace? 

I shook my head and held it close to my chest, sitting up on the bed and hooking the necklace around my neck.

 I swung my legs over and stood up from the warmth of the covers. 

'If this is what you choose, Kaname... I shall support you. I won't let my thoughts consume me...'

I glanced over to the dagger and grabbed it gently. Kyou's face flashed in my mind as I gripped the dagger.

'I won't rest...until I see that man die a painful death...' 

 I placed the dagger back in the pocket of my coat and walked towards the door.

' Please stay strong. You'll have a happy ending, I know it.' I repeated Aido's words to push myself out the door.

"I hope you're right, Aido..."

___________________________

Rima jumped back, quickly placing her hand over the the wound on her side.

"Injuring a model's body... That's low." She throughout her arm to remove the blood that covered her hand. "At times like this, I'm glad I'm a vampire... I heal quick."

Rido stayed silent as he surrounded himself with his blood whip. Ichijo quickly stood in front of Rima. "Ichijo?" She said with a bit of surprise.

"Your wound is deep. Be careful... Please stop, you shouldn't be...using Shiki for this." Ichijo pleaded.

"In time I'll wipe out all the Anti-Senate forces... as Ichio wished," Rido spoke out with a slight chuckle.

"So annoying!" Rima raised her voice. She rose her hand as electricity formed around her. "You're the one using Shiki's body and voice. Don't act so superior!" The lightning began to grow more. "Whoever you are... I'll drive you out, so get ready for it!" Rido smirked, causing Ichijo to realize what was coming. 

"Rima!" Ichijo grabbed her as the blood whip went through her. Rido pulled back and sighed. "Oh? I missed. That other girl was so easy and far away yet I still missed you."

Rima gritted her teeth. "Shiki... Letting someone take over your body... you should learn to love yourself more!" At that statement, something clicked within Shiki. He fell to his knees and covered his face. 

"Don't...Defy me! Sen...ri!"

_________________________

I quickly walked through the dorm halls to get to the main entrance, only to come to complete stop. My eyes meeting Kaname's gentle expression. My voice got caught in my throat and my legs wouldn't move an inch. I wasn't prepared to face him yet....

"G-Good evening... Lord Kaname...." I said in a whisper and looked down as I continued walking, hopefully getting passed him. The heavy feeling on my chest became even heavier. Right as I was going to walk past, he grabbed my arm and pulled me in front of him. His gazed lowered to my pockets as he noticed the handle of the dagger poking out.

"Are you truly... going to fight that man?" His soft low voice asked. I stayed silent and kept my eyes locked on his.

"I don't know... but if I can do something...I will." I bit my lip. "You know what that man did to my family... he even took Kyou away... I want him to pay..." I whispered, lowering my head and fighting back the tears. His grip loosened on my arm, letting me lower it.

"Emi..." He whispered. "As much as I want to end his life... I can't."

My eyes widen and shot back to his. "Why can't you? You have the power to end that demon!" I raised my voice slightly. He stayed silent for a moment as if he is filled with thought.

"Do you truly want to know my dark secret, Emi..." His expression was no longer gentle. He now looked as if he was weary and his beautiful eyes filled with loneliness. My heart skipped a beat as I noticed how close he was. I kept my gaze locked onto his as my heart filled with sorrow at the sight of him.

"You're a man of many secrets, Kaname...I've always wanted to know more about you... about who you truly are... though... I'm probably not the right person, am I?" I lowered my gaze and gave a sad smile. 

'You have Yuki now... I don't have the right to be this close nor ask to know more about you...'

His gaze lowered to the necklace he had given me. I couldn't see his expression, but he suddenly pulled me into an embrace, causing me to tense up and tears forming.

"Kaname...Please don't make this hard for me..." My shaking quiet voice muffled into his warm chest as I hesitantly sink into his warmth. His grip only tightened around me.

'This may be the last time he ever holds me like this...'

"Do you want to know my dark secret, Emi? On why I can't bring Rido to his end... After all you have the right to know." He whispered. I slowly nodded as I pulled away and gazed up to his eyes that were filled with emotions that I couldn't explain. I needed to know the answer. 

He was silent for a moment...

"Rido is my master... because he awoken me from my coffin." He finally spoke. My face filled with shock and confusion. 

"Wha-What do you mean you awaken from a coffin... Kaname?" I asked in curiosity.

"I am the progenitor of the Kurans, Emi. And Rido was the one who awakened me when I was nothing but a mummified corpse." I stared at him with surprise as I try to take in what he just said. He then grabbed my hand that was holding onto his shirt and stared deep into me with weary eyes.

"You now know the truth about me... What will you do, Emi?" I closed my eyes and shook my head.

"It doesn't change who you are, Kaname. But now I understand, forgive me for being too forward earlier." I gave a reassuring smile. I felt a little happy that he was willing to share that with me... It was shocking, but he's still the same Kaname. 

I took a deep breath and pulled out the vampire hunting weapon. "This dagger belonged to Tanaka. It turns out my mom and brother were able to hold anti-weapons." I chuckled. I gave him one last look before walking past him. "I'm going to fight, Kaname..." I whispered.

"As much as I want to hold you down, I can't stop you...But promise me something, Emi." His soft voice echoed through the halls.

I stopped and turned my head back slightly, staring at his back. "What is it?"

"Don't die." He said lastly before walking away.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

197K 5.9K 35
After your parents died 13 years ago, you were sent to live with your Aunt Diana and your Uncle Cain, whom you hated. They sent you away to school to...
19.7K 677 23
"Dreams are beautiful lies while Nightmares are ugly truths." I whispered emotionlessly to myself. "What made you think that?" Kaname asked and I ju...
87.4K 3.7K 46
[Vampire Knight Fan-fic] The Angelo Twins were born into one of the most powerful and respected Pureblood families, but while growing up the youngest...
126K 3.2K 21
You have a horrible past, both your mother and father are dead but who killed them?? Only a vampire of course! You are from a long line of vampire hu...