Coach's Number One

By LaurenJ22

#1 Teen Fiction | #1 Young Adult Unwelcoming teammates. A more-than-friendly swim coach. A swim captain who w... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Harvey & Grace ღღღ
MERRY CHRISTMAS! πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Ashton & Grace ღღღ
Chapter Nineteen
Hayden & Grace ღღღ
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Trailer
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
The Choice: Reader Survey
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
BAD LIAR
Chapter Fifty One
Epilogue
Shay... I mean slay πŸ™ŒπŸΌ
Darker Than Sin πŸ–€
Coach's Number One: An Interactive Reading Game
Love in the Deep End is LIVE on Chapters Interactive!

Chapter Fifty Two (FINAL CHAPTER)

140K 6.3K 2.8K
By LaurenJ22

💖 Do you guys have any quotes or favourite sayings from this book that you can share with me? 💖

--------------------

Dedication: OverlySarcasticX for the amazing cover! Thank you!

Recap:

"I was going to say it after we were finishing studying, but I found a place that would be perfect for us. It's designed for five people, but I thought us four would have enjoyed the extra space. Guess that's not happening now." He grumbled, collapsing down onto the chair, folding his arms across his chest childishly.

"It can still happen, we'll just find a fourth roommate to help with rent." I told him with a smile. "Things will work out."

"How can you be so sure?" he asked me skeptically.

"Because us three will be together and nothing else matters."

-------------------

Four Months Later

"Wow," Hayden breathes, his eyes roaming over my body as I descend the stairs, my hand lightly skimming across the railing. "You look..."

I smile at him as he seems lost for words. The look on his face makes my insides squirm. It is pretty much the look all girls dream about.

"All right? Not too shabby?" I tease.

"Fucking beautiful."

I grin at him. His eyes dip over my chest, lingering on my low-cut dress, before drinking in the rest of my body. He takes two strides to meet me, before wrapping his long arm around my waist. His lips meet mine briefly. 

"You look very handsome, yourself."

He is dressed in a dark, charcoal coloured suit, with a maroon tie, matching the exact shade of my dress, paired with a dark, maroon-inked rose, pinned to his chest. It compliments his tanned skin beautifully.

"Are they here?" I hear Leisel call in panic. "I'm not--just wait--hang on a second!"

I roll my eyes. "She started getting ready before us and she still isn't ready."

"I told you that would happen," Mia says from behind me.

I turn, peering up the stairs, to see Mia striding down them confidently, completed unfazed that her heels are ginormous. Her gorgeous, blue dress flowed elegantly down her petite body. She has a fake tan for the occasion, which only made the blue stand out more against her skin. She looks stunning.

"You look beautiful, Mia," Hayden compliments politely and I give him a surprised, but also impressed, look.

I notice her cheeks turn a few shades darker. "Thanks."

Harvey walks through the door. "Are we getting photos inside or... Holy... Woah."

Harvey freezes as his eyes widen, taking in Mia's striking appearance. She has her blonde hair, curled into tight ringlets, pulled into a bun, with wisps of curls framing her face.

Mia and Mike planned to go to the formal together, but three weeks before, he started dating a girl from another school and ditched Mia for her. Mia began to panic, not having any idea who she would take.

"What am I meant to do?" she asks, throwing her hands up. "I already have my dress and have booked everything in! How could he do this?"

"Mike is an ass and honestly, you could have a hotter date than him anyway," Leisel replies bluntly.

"Who else would be dateless, this close to the formal?" she cries, balling her fists at her side.

"I know someone. If you're interested."

Mia turns to me, eyebrows raised. "Who?"

"Harvey."

"Harvey?" she echoes. "He doesn't have a date?"

"He was meant to go with Caitlyn but she left for Italy two weeks ago," I explain.

As Mia and I have pretty much collaborated our groups, Mia and Harvey have become, kind of, friends. She always laughs at his jokes, when no one else really does and they do seem to get along quite well, considering how different they are.

"Would he want to take me?" she asks, appearing nervous.

I never thought I would be having this conversation with Mia, of all people.

"Of course, he doesn't shut up about you," I blurt, before slapping my hand to my mouth. "Shit. Don't tell him I told you that."

"What does he say?" she demands.

"Does Harvey like Mia?" Leisel gasps.

"No, he just broke up with his girlfriend," I quickly deny, even though I have noticed that Harvey goes out of his way to talk to her during lunch, not making that much effort with anyone else.

"Oh my God, he so does!" Leisel shrieks, clapping her hands together.

"Not a word, either of you," I warn, poking my finger in their direction. "Discussion closed."

Mia smiles, turning back around and Leisel was smirking. I quickly text Harvey, telling him that Mia is now dateless and that if he wants to go with her, he should ask.

"Can we go to lunch now?" I whine, looking at the time on my phone. "We're going to miss out on eating if we don't hurry up."

They agree, shrugging their bags onto their shoulder. We walk towards the lunch room and as we do, my stomach growls in hunger.

As we get to the table, Harvey rose from his seat, his cheeks scarlet as he looks at Mia.

"Mia, can I talk to you for a sec?"

She schools her expression, tossing her bag down. "Sure."

He shoots me a nervous look. I reply with two thumbs up, grinning. He leads her to the other end of the cafeteria.

"So cute," Leisel sighs, sitting beside Ryan.

I give her a warning look.

If they say anything, Harvey is going to kill me.

"What?" she asks, giving him a small smile.

"You look really pretty," Harvey replies.

I turn away from them, to give Hayden another hug.

"What's next?" he asks, kissing my forehead gently.

"We're getting some photos. Mum's out the front setting up."

"Oh, I was wondering what she was doing."

Leisel was next to come down the stairs. She went too fast, almost falling over in the process. Ryan rolled his eyes as he walked in.

"About time, woman."

"Shut up," she huffs.

He leans down, kissing her slowly. I reach for Hayden's hand, interlocking our fingers as I look back over to Mia and Harvey.

"Ready for photos?"

We head outside to where mum has her camera set up.

After getting solo, duo and group photos, my cheeks were beginning to ache from all the smiling. Mum began to cry and hugged me so hard, I wouldn't be surprised if she cracked one of my ribs. She excused herself and went inside as she began to sob.

"Aw!" Leisel cooes. "That's so cute."

I grin, sheepishly. "I'm sorry you all had to see that. That was unexpected."

"Here, I got us all something," Hayden announces, thankfully saving me, sticking his head into his ute, withdrawing a bottle of champagne.

We cheer, before heading out the back, near the pool.

He pops the cork, before pouring us all a glass.

"Here's to finishing our exams and to graduating high school," I declare, pushing my glass forward.

"And here's to making friends with amazing people, who I never thought I would," Mia adds, smiling fondly at Harvey.

I raise my eyebrows, taken back by her comment.

"Cheers to that!" Ryan grins as we all clink our glasses.

I down my glass a little too eagerly.

Harvey looked nice, dressed in a navy, tight-fitted suit. Harvey began going to the gym with Hayden, quite unwillingly at first. He had filled out quite a lot, in a short amount of time, losing a bit of his dorky look. He had grown a little bit of stubble on his chin, making him seem older and more attractive.

After a teary goodbye with mum, almost causing my makeup to smudge, we pile into the Limo. Mum ordered and paid for a Limo to take us, as a present to us all for finishing our exams.

Hayden slides in beside me, his hand resting on my thigh. He gently cups my face, before kissing me softly.

"You truly look beautiful."

I smile at him, running my fingers down the side of his face, trying to imprint this moment into my mind.

We finish off another bottle of champagne, before arriving at the school. I feel delightfully light-headed as I exit the limo, holding my dress. 

The music is soft and slow, the hall decorated with blue and silver streams. They must have hired someone to design the hall because it seemed professionally done. 

Placing my clutch down with the others, I let Hayden lead me towards the dance floor. I loosely loop my arms around his neck as he draws me to him, his warm hands travelling down my back.

The light glow of the lights crossed his face. I can't help but smile as I stare into his bright, green eyes.

"I love you, Hayden Cameron."

"I love you, too, Grace Connaway." 

I threw my head back with laughter as he spins me. He snaps me closer to him, before dipping me. I let out a shocked gasp as he pulls my leg up, my dress falling back, revealing most of my leg. He grins, dipping me so low that I thought I might fall.

"Grace?" he breathes softly, staring down at me.

"Yeah?"

"I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you."

----------------------

That's it! We've reached the end! I really hope you have all enjoyed Grace's journey. Thanks for sticking with the story until the end and supporting me along the way! <3

There will be an epilogue coming soon! :-)

Much love,

Lauren.

Sorry to all those who wrote on my Wattpad wall - I replied but I forgot to tag you in the comment. So I HAVE replied but you have to physically go back and check. I will tag usernames in the reply from now on! 👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

🌹🌹🌹 QUESTION - If this ever becomes a published book, would anyone actually buy it? Just out of curiosity. :-) 🌹🌹🌹

Don't forget to follow me on Instagram to keep updated with my life and to add me on Snapchat if you want to get to know me a bit better!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.9K 791 34
"I think you should go." "Can't handle the truth princess?" "No, I can't handle your lies." "The clock doesn't lie darlin, you've said it yourself." ...
21.6M 599K 50
Grace wants to prove herself by making the men's hockey team at her new school. Will a rivalry with the captain - or an attraction between them - get...
1.7M 59.1K 40
He needs a scholarship. She's... well, she's just being nice. To him, she's just another nerd. To her, he's just a washed up jock. But when he finds...
52.4K 2.7K 26
γ€Š WATTY'S SHORTLIST 2021 》━ ❝WELCOME TO HART'S BAY.❞ where opposites attract. featuring Β» Β» Β» an ex-varsity swimmer and a hockey player. a once-wea...