I don't Mate with Jerks

By KC-Blares

KC Blarez has been harassed, bullied, and picked on for as long as she could remember. When she moves away fo... More

Hunted becomes the Huntress
Chapter 2 ~ Memories Burn
Chapter 3 ~ Wolves Never Forget
Chapter 4 ~ Rumors die, but Haunt for Eternity
Chapter 5 ~ Forgiveness isn't in my Dictionary
Chapter 6 ~ Knock 'em down like Dominoes
Chapter 7 ~ The Devil and his Hell Hounds
Chapter 8 ~ Surviving Friends, Enemies, and Crushes
Chapter 9 ~ Off the Line
Chapter 10 ~ How very Housewarming...
Chapter 11 ~ Unknown Species
Chapter 12 ~ My Oh My
Chapter 13 ~ Big Bad Alpha
Chapter 14 ~ The big 1-8. Wassup Alpha Mate?
Chapter 15 ~ Sugar, Spice, a whole lot of Spite
Chapter 16 ~ No, I'm not Famous
Chapter 17 ~ Furry Love, Smooth Hate
Chapter 18 ~ Forcefully Caged
Chapter 19 ~ Toys and Games
Chapter 20 ~ Kick butt Talent
Chapter 21 ~ Claws and Dresses
Chapter 22 ~ Swiping the Cards
Chapter 23 ~ Seductresses
Chapter 24 ~ Some Hearts still Beat
Chapter 25 ~ Part of Me
Chapter 26 ~ Girls' Night
Chapter 27 ~ Just another Global Crisis
Chapter 28 ~ Intense Attraction
Chapter 29 ~ Time isn't God
Chapter 30 ~ Hour Glass
Chapter 32 ~ The Cards are Scattered
Chapter 33 ~ Stolen from the Night
Chapter 34 ~ Territory is Land and Wolf
Chapter 35 ~ Tame the Bloody Flame
Chapter 36 ~ Rest in Shackles
Chapter 37 ~ Six feet of Hell
Chapter 38 ~ The Red Ace
Chapter 39 ~ Bloody Dice
Chapter 40 ~ Crimson Poker Table
Chapter 41 ~ Wide Awake
Chapter 42 ~ Black Queen
Chapter 43 ~ Impossibly Possible
Chapter 44 ~ Stitch my Heart
Epilogue

Chapter 31 ~ Mist in the Dark

343K 9K 3.1K
By KC-Blares

PLEASE

COMMENT

AND

VOTE!!!!!

LOVE,

~KC Blares

********************************************************************************************

Chapter 31 ~ Mist in the Dark

KC’s P.O.V.

I stared blankly at myself in the full length mirror, hugging my torso nervously. Yeah, so I wore slim skirts that went half way down my thigh and hot shirts in public before, but that wasn’t enough to prepare me for this.

My hair was pulled back to reveal my face, which had thankfully regained its color, and silver earrings dangled from my earlobes. My eyes were almost glowing moonlight silver, accentuated by the small black dress that clung to me by one, over the shoulder silver strap, encrusted with small diamonds. The thin little thing only reached my mid thighs, making it almost impossible for me to sit down, but I could manage. My legs looked long and slim as I stood in the diamond decorated heels Maggie made me wear. I was actually surprised how well I looked in the silver eye shadow the girls instructed me to apply, not that I’d ever admit to them they were right.

There was a light tapping at my door and I glanced back behind me to see my mother inching the door open, cramming her head in to get a look. She slid in and stared at me in awe, her eyes brightening. I noticed she was wearing one of her work suits. I guess a principle’s job is never done.

“Oh, sweetheart, you look amazing,” she beamed at me as she placed her hands on my arms, tears coming to her eyes. I smiled softly at her, hoping she wouldn’t break out in tears now, at least not till I head to college. “Your father would be so very proud of you,” she tried to smile, but her lips quivered a little, tears beginning to spring to my own eyes at the mention of my dad.

“Thanks, Mom,” I whispered, forcing a smile to my own lips. She quickly wiped her eyes dry and smoothed out her suit, giving me a final smile. “I have to head over to the school now and make sure everything’s set. I’ll see you in a little while,” she said as she exited my room, leaving me in the dead silence. I sighed, blinking back my tears before walking out of my room, ready to meet the girls down in the garage.

***

The floor seemed to vibrate beneath our feet as we entered the school gym, the neon strobe lights flaring around the room. Ali, Danica, Maggie, Amber, Dan, and I glanced around the room in shock; our little stinky gym had been turned into an amazing dance floor. Not bad for a small town high school, I guess.

“Cool,” Ali gasped, staring around the vibrant room in awe.

“I think that’s the nicest thing you’ve ever said about this place,” Amber laughed, slapping Ali’s shoulder innocently. Ali just shrugged in response with a slight nod of agreement.

“Well, Mister Smith and I are gonna hit the dance floor,” Amber beamed, interlocking her fingers with Dan’s, beginning to drag him off.

“We are?” he questioned, however letting Amber drag him with goofy grins on their faces.

“Their affection for each other scares me,” Maggie shuddered, rubbing her chin as she watched them disappear into the dancing crowd. We laughed as I ushered them towards the dance floor, feeling the beat of the music pick me up and lead my body into a sway. My friends just laughed as they joined me, dancing to I can’t dance by LMFAO. Ironic, right?

Damon’s P.O.V.

“Looking hot, Damon,” Crystal purred, running her hand along the front of my tux. I forced a smile onto my face, nodding thanks. She looked up at me expectantly, almost as if she was waiting for her own compliment. Probably on the cheap fire truck red dress she was wearing that stretched from her chest down to her ankles.

“You ready to go?” I avoided, wrapping my arm around her waist and leading her out of my room and towards the garage, keeping my ears and eyes open for anymore warnings, but Ben had insured me that he would hold down the fort until I came back and would alert me immediately if there was any sign of a single rogue.

Crystal pouted as she glanced up at me from the corner of her eye, clearly annoyed I haven’t paid much attention to her. My gawd, I thought the girl was supposed to be smart! How could she not have noticed that I was using her? I figured she would’ve caught on about now. Whatever, then.

When we walked into the garage I noticed Dan’s car was gone and figured he and the girls had already headed to the dance. Great, that means less chance of seeing them, just what I need right about now. And maybe a beer.

***

The moment we arrived at the dance, Crystal and I were swarmed by either my friends, or by hers. I was about to just stomp over them to get to a freakin’ chair. I wasn’t one for attention, but Crystal clearly was and she gladly accepted every ounce of compliment and praise that was thrown at her when we walked through the doors. Eventually, I was able to push my way through them and leave Crystal to be receiving the attention she so badly wanted. However, as I made my way towards the chairs that circled decorated tables, a flash of silver caught my eye. I turned to see a slim figure swaying seductively to the music, her back to me, but it didn’t take Sherlock Holmes to find out exactly who she was. KC’s crimpled black dress outlined her body so perfectly that it actually forced a whimper from my wolf.

“About time you showed up,” Dan smirked, Amber under his arm and glaring viciously at me.

“Crystal demanded to be ‘fashionably late’,” I muttered, watching Amber’s jaw tighten, but Dan just nod.

“Girls,” Dan rolled his eyes. “I would know, I’m friends with five of them,” he chuckled, winning an elbow in the gut from Amber. They both chuckled before Dan waved me off, heading to the cluster of tables with his mate. I noticed he sat down at one of the closer tables that Danica was already sitting at, a cup in one hand.

“Excuse me, excuse me! Can I have your attention please?” I turned towards the front of the gym where a platform had been set up. Diana was at the microphone, a silver envelope in her hands. She smiled at the crowd warmly as they quieted down, the music coming to a stop. “I would like to announce the King and Queen of the Prom.”

That’s when it became as silent as the grave.

“Well, I’ll tell you, it was real close,” her smile almost seemed sly, like she was cunning something. Well, now I know where KC got her trickery from. “But, I am pleased to announce that our King of the night is,” she paused, opening the envelope. “Damon Falon,” her eyes immediately connected with mine, glinting mysteriously. I felt a shiver crawl up my spine as I puffed out an aggravated sigh before forcing a smile as I made my way stiffly towards the stage. I climbed the steps and stood beside Diana, the assistant principle placing the plastic crown on my head. I noticed Crystal already grinning wildly, knowing she had just officially won the title of Queen.

“And our beautiful Queen this evening is,” she opened the envelope and her eyes seemed to illuminate a glow. “KC Blarez.”

KC’s P.O.V.

“What!?” Crystal screamed, her face turning the same color as her dress. I froze, my jaw hanging open in shock. It took me a second to recover, but I numbly approached the stage, my heels clapping against the metallic stairs. I was instantly greeted with a hug from my mother before a silver tiara was placed on my head.

“You’ll thank me later,” Mom whispered in my ear. I looked at her with a confused look, but she only smiled in return as the music started playing again, except this time it was Like Ships in the Night by Mat Kearney. Of course, the annual King and Queen slow dance. Just my luck.

I glared over at Damon, hoping he wasn’t going to risk an arm by grabbing my hand. He just glared back, his arms cross and a grave look shadowing his face.

“Take her hand, man!” a masculine voice yelled over the silence. I gazed out over towards where the shout came from and wasn’t at all surprised to see Dan, a wide and wacky grin on his face, spreading from ear to ear. I felt my face turn red as Dan began chanting, “Dance, dance, dance, dance!” Soon, everyone in the gym was chanting. Well, everyone except Crystal. Oh, and Justin. Ha!

My mother gave me a gentle shove and I tripped in the heels, falling right into Damon who wrapped his arms securely around me, keeping me on my legs. The chanting picked up and, as if we were under a trance, Damon led me onto the dance floor under the spot light, wrapping an arm around my waist, his other hand interlocking fingers with mine, my hand appearing on his shoulder. The next moment, we were slowly swaying to Ships in the Night, other couples doing the same around us, including Dan and Amber.

“Move your hand any lower and I tear it off,” I threatened, his fingers briefly brushing my butt. He grunted, showing that he wasn’t even interested. I could see the onyx already trying to win over his iris color, his instincts battling to win. Not that it was any easier for me; it took all the will power I had to restrain my wolf from pressing my waist any closer to his than it already was.

“Don’t flatter yourself, Blarez,” Damon grumbled, moving his hand farther up my waist. I rolled my eyes, feeling the tension in his arm.

“Please,” I scoffed. “If there’s anything that’s flattering me right now, it’s your arm around my waist,” I teased, using the moment to play the cards. This was sure to drive him off the deep end. He stiffened and I inched closer to him, feeling his palms begin to sweat. Or was it my own?

“I think you’re the one making me look good,” he hissed, his eyebrows slightly rising. Firing back is he? Let’s see about that.

“Really?” I whispered, bringing my lips up to the crook of his neck, blowing hot air against his skin, a shiver vibrating through him. “Because I’m pretty sure that’s your hand on my ass,” I whispered, noting that his hand had actually slid back down, possibly self-consciously. I looked up at him and noticed his eyes were solid pitch black. I felt my breathing hitch as Damon clutched my hand tightly, using his werewolf speed to drag me out of the building unseen and into the woods that surrounded the school, pressing me up against the trunk of a large oak tree.

You’re mine,” the Alpha growled, most certainly more wolf than man. He crashed his lips against mine and it felt like fireworks were exploding inside me, far more powerful than the little electric shocks physical contact brings.

My legs gave out and Damon was quick to support me, pressing himself against my body. I felt his hand caressing the back of my head and the next moment my hair was cascading down my shoulders messily, the clip resting on the forest floor behind him. My hands flew to his tie, struggling to get it off. In the end, I tore it right off his neck, doing the same to his jacket and shirt. I ran my hands along his bare chest while oblivious to the fact that my dress was lying by my feet, leaving me in nothing but my undergarments.

We tore away from each other, gasping in air and instantly his lips were caressing my neck, leaving a trail of heat over my skin. I gasped when he playfully nipped my shoulder, his hands traveling up my sides. His fingers brushed along my butt as he returned his right hand to my thigh, wrapping my leg around his waist. With his other hand, he possessively gripped my wrist, pinning it against the bark above my head. With my free hand, I ran my fingers through his hair; my wolf aroused and excited to be in the strong and powerful embrace of my controlling and possessive alpha mate.

I felt Damon’s hot breath fan against my ear as his lips dragging along my soft skin.

Who’s your Alpha?” he asked, nipping my ear, the heat of his breath on my skin making me anxious. I stuttered, unable to form any words. Only a moan escaped.

“Y-you are my Alpha,” I gasped, tilting my head back, my canines extending to full wolfish length, my eyes beginning to slightly burn as though a fire had been lit behind them. A low chuckle echoed from Damon as he kissed my shoulder, the temperature suddenly seeming to rise dramatically. Then, his canines pierced my flesh, drawing blood. I let out a moan, feeling Damon’s rough tongue lap at the puncture marks in my shoulder. The spot where he had marked me.

My legs completely buckled beneath me and Damon caught me in his arms laying me on the ground, his large body straddling me. My body was exploding with a tremendous heat, a fire burning in the pit of my stomach.

I loud moan ripped away from my lips when I felt Damon brush against my most feminine parts, the feeling of ice water being poured down my burning back. I flinched, something eating furiously at my nerves, trying to tear me away from this embrace. This closeness with… with Damon!

My hand flew to the mark on my shoulder, the physical mark that made me property to Damon, which officially labeled me as his mate. As Luna.

With all the force I could muster up, I pushed Damon back off of me, watching hurt and confusion flash across his face quickly before I sprinted off, grabbing the only article of clothing in reach, which of course had  to be Damon’s shirt. At that moment, I didn’t care. All that mattered was that I put as much distance as I could between me and Damon. Unfortunately, it could never be far enough.

I ran blindly through the forest, somehow able to jump over logs and avoid low hanging tree limbs, only able to feel the cool air against my face and the leafy woodland floor beneath my feet. But that air abruptly ended with someone’s or something’s stone hard chest. I stumbled backward, falling flat on my back, my hand flying to my nose which was gushing blood. Glancing up, I met a pair of cold, icy blue eyes that chilled me to the bone.

“Hey there, little wolf,” he grinned, his white teeth flashing under the moonlight that forced its way through the trees. “What are you doing all the way out here in the big bad forest?” his voice was gruff and threatening, draped in insanity.

I scooted back away from him, too confused and lost to think about what to do, only to react. I was suddenly yanked to my feet by my hair from behind, but before I could spin around to see my second assailant, a fist with the force of a freight train landed across my face, engulfing my vision with endless darkness, all my senses fading away as I fell unconscious.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

374K 22.5K 34
COMPLETED! "You are weak, unstable, and arrogant! You are not a good wolf!" A laugh barked out of the Alpha's throat, shaking his head, eyes so brigh...
18.7K 489 24
A young girl who lives a not-so-normal life in New York knows something she shouldn't. Will she find her mate, the one true person who can take her a...
8.3K 384 33
Being in High School, SUCKS! Being a werewolf in High School, SUCKS! But being forced as the next Alpha King's mate, (who is the king of the asshole...
440K 6.6K 21
Jez has one of the most complicated lives you'd ever see. So this time she moves to a new city, to find a guy who used to hate, then to find that he...