Ӎƴ ЇƝƨλȠȊȾƴ

By tardisaddiction

Random things and ideas, staring off with a conversation with Cleverbot. Cover Credit to -GrandLarceny- More

Cleverbot
Mah Book Ideas
My Emo Poem
Beginning of a Book
More Of Said Book
Night
Trust
My Original Book
Do you get it?
Sleep
10 to Life (Book Idea)
Riechenbach Ranting
Things I Hate
Night 2.0
9/11
My 1D Book
Night 3.0
Play Pirates
Fears
Abortion Rant
Gun Control in America Rant
Idiocy Rant
I'm Okay
When Things Change (Book Idea)
Nobody and Somebody
The Body
Blanks
Strength
Down To Earth... Soon
Da Hiddles
I Was Gonna Say Something
Good and Bad
Iron Man Three
Bored
Saturday
New Things
What Next?
Book Idea
Doctor Who Book Idea
Death Science
Book Idea
Seb
Night 4.0
Monkey Buisness
NaNoWriMo
OSA Entry One
OSA Round Two
Cold (Whiteson)
Ticklish (Whiteson)
Finally (Shalice/Sherlice)
Authors Note
50th Anniversary Reactions (spoilers throughout)
Charlie the Unicorn
Harry-Boo
Slenderman Dream
Unnamed
Aidrian Mortal
Clams
INSANECEPTION
Too Much Coffee
"a"
Vallock New Years
Vallock- Vacation
Vallock- Christmas
Vallock- Vegas
Vallock
Poor Mister Martin
Deal With the Devil (Part 1?)
Sleep Well
The Game
Compact
Forgive Me
Valentines Day (Vallock)
Birthday Vallock
The Family, The Still, and The Girl
My Attempt At Beating Writers Block
What I Think At Night
Here Goes My Sequel
HTLA Chapter One
HTLA Chapter Two
HTLA Chapter Three
HTLA Chapter Four
HTLA Chapter Five
HTLA Chapter Six
How They Loved Alice Last Chapter
Fading
Friend Tribute: Arianna
Her Floating Island
Dark Happy
To Dylan
Ringmaster
Part One Of None
New Wattpad Profile Feedback
I Feel
Current Events
Tagged?
Make You Happy
The Willow Man
Recognition of Calamity
Water Sprites and Bunions
Just A Thought
abc's

Math, Life, and Me

135 4 28
By tardisaddiction

Okay.

So, I'm homeschooled.

I'm supposed to be in ninth grade but I'm still doing 8th grade science, history, and language.

In math I am still in the beginnings of pre-algebra. Like, 6th or 7th grade level.

I SUCK at math.

Well, I don't, I understand everything, I just don't WANT to understand.

See, the way my mind works... The way my mind works, I don't want to and can't easily learn something I see no use in.

Now, I understand that math is very important. It is. It's essential and you do need to know it, but only up to a point.

The things I need to learn in math are as follows:

A: Addition

B: Subtraction

C: Multiplication

D: Division

E: Percentages/Fractions/Ratios

F: Maybe some Geometry

And guess what? I know all those. Surprise surprise.

I don't need to know algebra and trigonometry and all that stuff.

My father. A college and high school graduate; doesn't use either of those two things up there. He hates doing it.

My mother. A high school and college graduate; doesn't use either of those things. She hates it.

My dad works as a station manager in an air cargo freight company thing. He doesn't use it.

My mom works as an accountant. You pay your water bills and such to her. She still doesn't use it.

And you know what?

Neither of them think I need to know it either.

My dad couldn't care less about my math education. I know the basics. I know what my parents do.

And this isn't a lazy, stupid teenager speaking.

You all know me! You know I'm intelligent. Not to brag or be mean but I have more common sense than the average teenager nowadays and I know it.

And you know what else?

I'm not going to finish high school.

I'm not going to go to college.

I'm going to get a General Education Document (GED) when I turn sixteen in two years, and be done with school and focus on my writing, and a job.

You know what else?

I already have a job! I have a thousand dollars in my savings, over seven hundred dollars for spending (AFTER I have already paid tithes and savings AND my own phone bill) and I get one hundred and fifty dollars every week!

I already have a car, which I am fixing up to sell for a profit of two thousand dollars this Summer before we move and after I get my permit.

Then when I do move I am going to get another job and continue to save money for my future.

Do you know what my future plans are?

I'm going to get a job that can pay for a small apartment for one person, while I write and focus on improving and publishing if I can. I'll most likely try and teach writing as a college course or work as a barista or journalist or something. I don't care. I don't have a dream job.

Until I get married that is. Then I will get a job or stay home and watch my kids and writing will be a hobby.

Then I will grow old and happy with my husband, living close enough to my parents so they can visit and see their grandchildren and vice versa.

Then I will die happy.

That is my ideal future. Peaceful and simple.

I realise it will most likely not go exactly according to plan.

But hey. I've got enough education without algebra and trigonometry to make it in life!

So there! THAT is my reason for not doing my math.

Boom.

Also, side note, I will be studying for my GED after I turn fifteen, so from August 30th of 2014 to 2015, I will be doing whatever math is required.

But still. You get my point, right?

Good.

I made it very clear.

Rant over.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

238K 11.9K 91
Being flat broke is hard. To overcome these hardships sometimes take extreme measures, such as choosing to become a manager for the worst team in Blu...
28.9M 916K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...
90.5M 2.9M 134
He was so close, his breath hit my lips. His eyes darted from my eyes to my lips. I stared intently, awaiting his next move. His lips fell near my ea...
226M 6.9M 92
When billionaire bad boy Eros meets shy, nerdy Jade, he doesn't recognize her from his past. Will they be able to look past their secrets and fall in...