Escape [Sasuke Uchiha]

By phyxillie

"You're the only annoying person whose company I can really tolerate," confessed Sasuke. I rolled my eyes bu... More

Chapter 01: Heavy Heart
Chapter 02: Dicey Duel
Chapter 03: Last One Standing
Chapter 04: Shocking News
Chapter 05: Enraged
Chapter 06: My Dear Sister
Chapter 07: Ninjas From The Sand
Chapter 08: His Presence
Chapter 09: Sudden Confession
Chapter 10: Rock Lee
Chapter 11: The Twelve Rookies Have Assembled
Chapter 12: The Written Test
Chapter 13: The Tenth Question
Chapter 14: The Forest of Death
Chapter 15: The Second Exam
Chapter 16: The Softest Gaze
Chapter 17: Love At First Sight
Chapter 18: Make It Fair
Chapter 19: I Am His To Fight
Chapter 20: The True Purpose
Chapter 21: The First Match
Chapter 22: One Step Closer
Chapter 23: Watch Me
Chapter 24: Match Ups
Chapter 25: Black Abyss
Chapter 26: The Unspoken Question
Chapter 27: At His Mercy
Chapter 28: He Was Here
Chapter 29: My Safe Haven
Chapter 30: Enthralling Beauty
Chapter 31: The Final Exam
Chapter 32: The Battle For Family Honor
Chapter 33: Especially You
Chapter 34: The Long-Awaited Match
Chapter 35: The Invasion
Chapter 36: The Opposite Meaning
Chapter 37: His Humble Abode
Chapter 38: On One Condition
Chapter 39: Queen of the Night
Chapter 40: His Answer
Chapter 41: Her Feelings
Chapter 42: The Promise
Chapter 43: The Looming Danger
Chapter 44: Itachi And Kisame
Chapter 45: Naruto's Reassurance
Chapter 46: Two Things
Chapter 47: His Wish
Chapter 48: The Change
Chapter 49: Showdown
Chapter 50: Back To Normal
Chapter 51: Sasuke Retrieval Team
Chapter 52: Not A Threat, But A Promise
Chapter 53: Escape
Chapter 55: The Aftermath
Sequel: Selfish Desire

Chapter 54: Bad Ending

11.7K 366 576
By phyxillie

Ayuda's P.O.V

"Let's escape together."

His words were undoubtedly a bolt from the blue, widening my eyes to the fullest extent. The muscles around my jaw slackened, prompting my mouth to open wide right away. I was as still as a stone. His short words summoned some kind of chains all over my body and bound me in a tight grip with no space to move. The icy-cold temperature emanated from the downpour was no longer registered in my senses. All I could do at that crucial moment was gawk at the one who enunciated such staggering words.

His right hand remained on the back of my head, balling my hair to the roots and keeping my face looking towards him. This domineering action plainly expressed his hunger for the ruminative look on my face as I mused on his offer. He knew I could never lie to him if he studied my face closely while I gave him my response. And I hated this. It made me feel frighteningly vulnerable to him.

His eyes, as dark and deep as night, drilled deep into my bright ones as if he was desperately and impatiently searching for an answer in my mind. His lips lingered over mine, brushing against my pale ones lightly every so often as if teasing me, although I was not concentrating on that area.

My brain was overloaded with thoughts. I was incapable of thinking properly. Staring deep into his onyx eyes was like staring at a black wall that prevented my brain from functioning well. His last words just captured all of my emotions and tied them up in one messy knot. I was addled, bemused, furious, dejected, horrified, anxious, and much more. The chaotic emotions made my head throb, eventuating in my face crinkling in pain.

I squeezed my eyes shut as a headache grew painful. Only when I felt his hand withdrawing from my hair did I open my eyes. The pain in my head faded away steadily as if that one limb took it all away from my mind. My glazed vision was welcomed by the sight of a hand spreading its palm to me. I cast my eyes to the owner.

Sasuke Uchiha's pitch-black eyes bore through me. His orbs sparkled more than before. I could somewhat detect the eagerness in his hopeful eyes. His face was cold as usual, but it was his eyes that wordlessly invited me into putting my hand on his.

His fingers curled around mine in a very delicate manner as if I was going to shatter into pieces if he held it with a hint of roughness. His grip transmitted pleasing warmth to my hand and it slowly coursed right through my body. It made me feel safe, although it was just his masculine hand that touched me.

This was what I truly longed for – me and him holding hands. And it seemed like my wish had been granted, but at such a bad timing. Why? I've always wanted to hold his hand like this, but why now?

Turning around without a word, he started walking and pulling me along with him. I brought my gaze to his broad back. My eyes were glazed as though I had just woken up. Following him aimlessly step by step, I began to wonder – where is he taking me? Is he really going to take me with him, even though he hasn't listened to my answer yet? It's like he's taking me by force.

Realization finally hit me like a stab to the stomach. He knows. He knows what my answer is. He knows me so well that he doesn't want to wait for my response.

I abruptly put weights on the lower part of my body, especially my legs, and succeeded in coming to a stop, simultaneously bringing Sasuke to a halt as well. With our hands entwining together, we stayed still. None of us moved to look at one another in the eye. Sasuke kept his face facing away from me and I remained gazing down at the sopping ground. If it wasn't for the heavy rain around us, this whole area would've been completely silent.

I spoke with a soft voice, "Don't force me, Sasuke. You know my answer already."

A moment of pregnant silence passed by and I began to wonder whether he heard my voice above the prolonged din of the rain or not. I burned my gaze into his soaked hair.

"I take it that you refuse...?" he finally responded, his statement sounding more like an irresolute question.

I looked down, frowning with a pair of downcast eyes, "I'm sorry, Sasuke. A part of me wants to go with you... but the other part of me doesn't want to abandon all of those people and memories in the village."

His voice was laced with unmistakable malice, "You mean bitter memories? Including that moment when your parents set you up in an arranged marriage?"

I swallowed a lump in my throat before I reluctantly answered, "I've come to accept that..."

His grip on my hand tightened in a threatening manner, plainly ticked off at what I said. His new clutch did not hurt me and my fingers but it still told me that he loathed the idea of me accepting such unnecessary proposal.

"You do know you can get away from it if you come with me, right?"

I replied, "I do, but I cannot bring myself to go to Orochimaru. And if I try hard enough, maybe I could get my parents to cancel it. We may never know. Plus, I don't want to leave my family and friends. Sasuke, I know that you go to Orochimaru to gain power, but why won't you stay in the village and train hard? That will solve everything."

"It's just as I said before..." the ravenette clarified, "Staying in that village will not only slow me down but make me weak as well. And with you around, I could never focus one hundred percent on my training."

"Then why..." I inquired, "...why did you ask me to go with you? My presence has inconvenienced you a lot."

He finally turned his head, darting his eyes to me over his shoulder, "I do want to get as far away from you, but I also desire to see you every day. I don't know what this feeling is, but I hate it. It is hindering me from my revenge."

I questioned, "Then... what if I also want to see you every day? Isn't it easy if you-"

Sasuke sent me an intense gaze and quickly interrupted, "You come with me then."

"It's not that easy!" my frown deepened, "I have family and friends back there. What about those people who have joined this mission to retrieve you? They have risked their lives for you and this is how you repay them? What about your team? They all really care about you! If you confess your problems to them, they will give you numerous solutions. That's what friends are for. That village is better than Orochimaru who wants to use your body!"

His eyes darkened like storm clouds, "Friends...? I don't have friends. If you are talking about my team, then sorry to burst your bubble, but I never even once consider them my friends. And about those people who have risked their lives for me, it's their faults that they chose to go after me. I won't go back to that village no matter what. So don't even bother wasting your energy in trying to reason with me because I will go to Orochimaru with or without your permission."

The anger within me boiled ferociously and I exploded, "If you go there, you will achieve nothing! He will take over your body once you reach him!"

A sudden silence arose, making me feel that I'd said something wrong. And it looked like I did for the look on Sasuke's face turned into a more sinister one, "I will... achieve nothing?"

An eerie smirk suddenly danced on his lips and he briefly laughed in such vile tone as if what I said just now was utterly ridiculous, "Then, Ayuda, tell me, what power is this that I am feeling right now? Naruto and I fought a while ago and look who's the last one standing. I haven't reach Orochimaru yet and I already feel a bit stronger than usual."

My eyes widened as I recollected a certain moment.

***

The barrel suddenly detonated, spreading dark purple smoke around the area. Naruto and I looked with wide eyes. The smoke receded from view in a few seconds, revealing someone – whose back facing us – wearing the familiar blue shirt with Uchiha crest displayed on the back and white shorts. It was undoubtedly Sasuke... but why is his hair so long and his skin a little dark?

Surprisingly, the long hair and his dark skin reverted back into normal, giving the view of a normal Sasuke. He quietly lifted his arms and eyed his hands. Seeing his teammate soothed Naruto at once since his red eyes and his thickened whisker-like patterns turned back into its original state. I was pleased to know that he was alright too, but I still refused to be at ease.

"Sasuke..." murmured Naruto with a twinge of disbelief in his eyes. His lips parted into a wide grin and he threw his hands to his hips and chirped, "Sasuke! What are you doing with these clowns?! Come on! Let's hurry back!"

That's when I heard it – the sounds that I did not expect to hear, especially from Sasuke.

Sasuke laughed. He laughed with such odious tone.

It was that moment that I realized that Sasuke had drowned himself in total darkness.

"Sasuke...?" I called with an unsettled expression, "Hey... let's go home, you butthead..."

Naruto added with the same rattled look, "Yeah! Everyone's worried, you know!"

It's as if he did not hear us. It's as if he was in his own world that he laughed out loud like a villainous lunatic without a small restraint. Naruto finally snapped, "Sasuke! You can hear us, right?!"

The ravenette suddenly leapt away without glancing at us and Naruto recklessly charged forward, "Wait, Sasuke!"

***

Is that the moment when he's received some minor power up? Now that he feels a little bit stronger, he is very persistent and determined to go to Orochimaru and get more of it.

His hand that was supposed to provide me warmth was now icily cold and clammy as death. His face crinkled in indignation, "The fact that you have family and friends means that you will never understand me, Ayuda."

His grip on my hand loosened and eventually released me, exposing me to the chilly wet weather. Our hands returned to our sides and the frigid temperature immediately clogged most of my senses. The prolonged downpour made the whole situation a lot more depressing and heartbreaking.

The ravenette spun around and sauntered away from me. With my eyes widening, I watched him getting farther and farther in each second. Is he really going to defect...?

I called out, "Sasuke-"

"If you change your mind and decide to come with me, then follow me," the youngest Uchiha spoke without stealing a glance at me, "but if you decide to stay in that lousy village, then leave me alone."

Those were his last words before he turned around and resumed making his getaway. I froze on the spot. Is this really happening...? And now I have to choose whether I want to go with the boy who I cared very much for or stay in the village with my family and friends. Both choices are equally important to me... and I wish I could keep all of them, even though it sounds impossible when you look at this situation. I know I am being selfish but... I can't stand the thought of losing one of them...

What should I choose? Should I go with Sasuke?

One of my feet rose, preparing to take a step forward, signifying my doubtful decision. However, the image of my squad and my family flashed in my mind before I could put my foot a step forward onto the saturated ground. The image prompted my feet to land back on the previous spot. I bit my bottom lip in uncertainty. No... I cannot betray them... even if my parents treat me badly, I can't find it in my heart to leave them... and Reina-oneesan... and what about my squad? I love them so much I don't want to separate from them. Ever. They are like a second family to me. Naruto and the others? I've grown to like them, especially when I join this mission with them.

But I also don't want to lose Sasuke. He has given me a lot of invaluable memories, emotions, smiles, items, foods, and showers me with love. He has filled up my used-to-be empty soul in the nicest way. He has repainted my world, turning it into a more joyful life. I realized that I have been smiling and expressing my emotions a lot ever since we have gotten closer. Right now, he is making his way to the door – the exit from my life. And once he goes out there, I will transform back into my old, aloof self. My life will turn into black and white straightaway.

I pursed my lips. Why... why can't I have all of them? Is it really too much to ask? If I have to do something to make sure I have all of them, then what is it? What is it that I have to do?

Take Sasuke back to the village by force.

I snapped my eyes wide upon thinking that. Yes... I should attack him until he passes out and drag him to the village. He must be dog-tired, having finished battling with Naruto just a while ago. Perhaps he can't even create Chidori right now. Yes, this is my chance!

I drew an arrow out of my quiver and dashed towards him with haste. Once he was in my arm's reach, I clenched the arrow and swung it at him without an ounce of hesitation. However, the raven-haired Uchiha whipped around and grasped my wrist in a blink of an eye, catching me off guard. Without allowing me the opportunity to register the situation, he tugged me towards him by my wrist.

His features clouded over in animosity like a raging storm. Our noses were inches away and our eyes locked in an unblinking staring contest. From the dark look in his eyes, it was as clear as day that he was enraged and wounded by my failed onslaught. With negative emotions burning radiantly in his onyx eyes, he spoke huskily, "So you have made your decision, huh? How disappointing."

And abyssal darkness soon followed, drawing me into a complete unconsciousness.

***

Third Person's P.O.V

"Thank goodness he's still alive."

"Yeah."

Shiori watched as Kakashi lifted his unconscious blond student in his secure arms. The infamous copycat ninja had just accomplished his mission when Tsunade apprised him concerning his dark-haired student defecting to the enemy and that Naruto, Ayuda, Shikamaru, and several genins had taken it upon themselves to retrieve Sasuke by force. He felt disquieted and knew he had to do something. So he summoned a kennel of dogs to track scents. He ran into Shiori, Kaito, and Kazuki at the main gate of Konoha, having completed their mission as well, and notified them about the dire situation since one of their comrades was plainly involved. Overwhelmed by concern and apprehension, Shiori decided to join him and commanded the two perturbed boys to report the success of their mission to Tsunade.

And there they were, finally spotted Naruto who was showered relentlessly by the ceaseless downpour and it's all thanks to Pakkun who guided them there. Kakashi scanned the area before landing his gaze on his tomboyish friend, "It looks like we're done here. Let's go back to the village."

"Wait," Pakkun's gruff voice halted the movements of the two Jounins, "You really need to see this."

What they discovered next shocked them. It was the passed out Ayuda located on a thick branch of a tree. She was positioned in a strangely neat manner for an unconscious victim. The abounding leaves of the tree provided a shelter for her, preventing the unceasing rain from bathing her, though there were still little raindrops slipping through the leaves and falling onto her. She was laid flat on her back, her ponytail hair disheveled, her arms dangled on her sides, and eyes were closed loosely. It was crystal clear to their eyes that someone had put her there and positioned her.

Shiori rushed to her side and inspected her condition without delay, "She has small cuts here and there, one wound on her shoulder which is already bandaged but is still bleeding slowly, and... that's all. But she's freezing. We need to go now. She will get hypothermia in no time if we linger here."

Shiori took off her Jounin flak jacket and wrapped it around the unconscious girl, enveloping her with warmth. While the tomboyish Jounin picked her dark-haired student up, Kakashi sent a knowing glance at Pakkun who shook his head, indicating there was no one else in the area, especially a certain ravenette. The three of them leapt off, heading straight for the Leaf Village.

***

Ayuda's P.O.V

A tolerable silence permeated the room, providing me more than enough serenity to let my brain flow naturally. Although I had fully recovered at that time, I still felt exhausted – like emotionally and spiritually exhausted. My eyes were not as radiant as before, instead, they were replaced by a pair of dull and glazed orbs. My features had long turned into a somber countenance. Warm bandages were wrapped around my form, especially my shoulder which was impaled by Kimimaro.

I had recollected every moment that had occurred in the past few hours. Judging by what Sasuke told me before I blacked out and this moment of me sitting upright on the hospital bed, it was beyond doubt that Sasuke had fled the village successfully. This thought bred nothing but negative emotions within me. Two emotions stood out the most, having overpowered the others, and they were anger and disappointment. But I was so mentally drained I did not produce a reaction such as clenching my fists in rage.

It's too late. What's the point of getting angry now...?

The door to my room was slid open and I cast my eyes in that direction at a snail's pace. My eyes sparkled faintly upon seeing my sister Reina. She flashed me a warm smile before she stepped into the room. My eyes stretched wide when I watched several identifiable people following behind her. They were my parents, Shiori, Kakashi, and Tsunade, the Fifth Hokage. The presences of my parents and Tsunade were what flabbergasted me the most.

The latter regarded me with a smile, "It's good to see you all well, Ayuda Makino. I hope you don't mind me asking you several questions regarding Sasuke Uchiha."

I frowned upon hearing the traitor's name, but then I nodded my head in approval to Tsunade's request nonetheless.

"I'm glad you agree," the leader of the Leaf Village replied, "The reason why I ask you is because, according to some people, you are the closest to him, besides Naruto Uzumaki. Of course, I could question Naruto too, but you are more important here since you were the last one who confronted Sasuke. Plus, according to Shiori and Kakashi, they found you on top of a tree branch, positioned rather neatly for an unconscious victim with leaves shielding you from rainfall. It is beyond question that it was Sasuke who put you there before he escaped."

The new information did not evoke any reaction from me. I was as still as an emotionless mannequin. Tsunade continued, "Alright. Let's advance to the first question."

I answered her questions as truthful as I could. Tsunade interrogated me about what Sasuke told me, in what direction he was heading for, his purpose for defecting to Orochimaru and the reason why he refused to stay in the village. Even though I answered all of her questions nicely, I decided to leave out two things – his invitation and that moment when he kissed me. I behaved like the two of them never happened.

That was until Tsunade inquired me, "I see. Another question... did Sasuke ask anything from you?"

Maybe it was the fact that I was being hesitant that they all got skeptical of me. I averted my gaze, my body language revealed to their observant eyes, further fueling their suspicions. Reina, the one who knew me so well, spoke up, "Yuda-chan, did he threaten you? Just tell us what it is. He's gone now. He will not hurt you. It would help us a lot if you answer all of her questions."

I responded her with silence, pondering if it was a good thing to divulge it to them. I heard my sister plead, "Yuda-chan, please tell us. There's no need to be afraid."

Yeah... she's right. He's with Orochimaru now and is probably happy getting all the power up. Why should I keep it a secret?

I parted my mouth to speak, "He asked me to go with him."

Those words elicited shocked looks from those who were witnessing the interrogation and I swear I could faintly hear a group of gasps that certainly did not come from this room, but I paid no heed to it.

An awkward silence ensued as if it took them a while to register the information in their brains. Even my parents were completely nonplussed, unsure how to react. Although it was clear as day that I rejected the offer, my mother still asked me as if she wanted to confirm it thoroughly, "So you refused, right? Is that all?"

I nodded my head, "Yeah, and then he knocked me out."

"I see..." Kakashi ambled to the door stealthily, "Even though you are very close to him, you still rejected his offer. What do you guys think?"

He slid the door open without warning, revealing three unmistakable figures that instantaneously fell over. Kaito, Kazuki, and Sakura groaned upon hitting the floor. So they're eavesdropping on our conversation, huh? So the gasps that I heard earlier belonged to none other than them.

Shiori emitted a sigh, "You three have been eavesdropping on us right from the start, right? Consider yourself lucky."

Kaito shot to his feet with an innocent look, "Ayuda-chan, thank goodness you're okay!"

"Oh well..." Tsunade let out a sigh, "Thank you for answering all of the questions, Ayuda. Not only that, you have also proven how loyal you are to the Leaf Village, your family, and your friends. I am proud to have someone like you here. Rejecting such offer can be easy for some people, but very difficult when it's your best friend who asks you. If you have any problem, just find me, okay?"

I nodded my head, somewhat proud that I received appreciation from the exquisite Fifth Hokage. She flashed me a big smile before she headed out, followed by my parents who sent me inscrutable glances, but since I was their daughter, I could easily bore through their illegible masks. They were proud of me and my action, arousing euphoria within me and also bathing my cheeks in red glow.

Once Tsunade and my parents were out of the picture, Reina declared with a polite tone, "Guys, forgive me but I need a time alone with my sister. You can wait outside since I won't be long."

"I understand," responded Kaito, "You can take your time, Reina-san! Let's go, Kazuki, Sakura!"

Sakura spoke up, "Geez, you two, I told you we should not eavesdrop on them!"

Kazuki's jaw dropped, "Wha? You're the one who suggested eavesdropping on their conversation! And I, as a gentleman who cannot refuse a lady's request, just went along-"

"That's enough," Shiori clamped a hand over his mouth, "The three of you are all at faults here."

All of them, including Kakashi, strolled out of the room. I could still vaguely hear their voices from the hallway and they gradually faded, making me turn my attention to my sister. A sincere smile was dancing on her lips, "I'm so touched at what you did there, Yuda-chan. And I am so glad that you are not one of those girls that fully rely on boys they carry a torch for. Do not hesitate to find me if you need any help. If you need help in finding Sasuke, just tell me. I will always be ready."

Finding Sasuke...? Do we still have time for that? What if Orochimaru has already taken over his body?

That's when I heard Reina say, "But I suggest you move on from him."

I gawked at Reina with my mouth wide open. The warm smile had vanished and she was now wearing a grave look on her face, indicating just how serious she was. She added, "I know you love him, Yuda-chan. But now it's obvious that he has chosen revenge over you. I won't stop you from loving him, but if you still choose to keep those feelings, you will only get your heart broken. I know it hurts to let go, but it hurts more to hold on those feelings. I've been in this kind of situation too and I have made up my mind to move on from Itachi."

"Really?"

"Yeah, because... you have to accept the fact that certain things will never go back to how they used to be," said Reina, "So... think about it, okay? I won't stop you from loving Sasuke even though I am so angry at him for knocking you out, but just get your heart and body prepared."

I blinked my eyes at her, "So does that mean... Reina-oneesan, did you get your heart broken when you kept loving Itachi?"

She avoided my gaze, "Well, that never happened to me, but since he has chosen his fate and continues with his life, I think it's time for me to proceed with my own life too. He goes his way, I go my way. Just like you and Sasuke. You choose to live with your family and friends, he chooses to live with revenge."

My eyes glimmered in admiration for her, "Wow, oneesan, you can be a love guru, you know."

Reina's face flushed out of the blue, "N-no way! I'm still immature about love and all! Everything that I just told you are something that I learned from my experience. But if you have any problem about boys, love, and stuff like that, just talk to me, okay? If you need help in beating someone, just scream my name. I will swoop in, turn into an abnormal titan, and then beat the living daylights out of him."

I sweatdropped, "Okay. But... don't you think it's weird?"

"What weird?"

My lips curved into a small smile, "We are sisters, the boys we like are brothers and the two of them have defected from the village. It's so unbelievable when you think about it."

Reina chuckled lightheartedly, "Yeah, now that you mention, it is such a great coincidence. It's like life is trolling us or something. This is a great idea for a romance book."

The smile on my lips faltered, "A romance book with a bad ending."

***

A/N: I can hear a lot of "awwww"s of disappointment here because half of you want Ayuda to go with Sasuke. To be frank, I was actually tempted to do that. Very, very tempted because I want to make you guys happy and satisfied. But I thought a lot about this and have made my decision to let her stay. She will see Sasuke a lot in the Shippuden, guys, so don't worry. Plus, her character is originally like this. According to her character and personality, yes, she will refuse, even though she has sweet feelings for that avenger. She also has the feeling that she will be imprisoned in Orochimaru's hideout since Orochimaru wants nothing from her. But don't worry, there will be a lot of SasukexAyuda moments in Shippuden. They have grown up and all and then meet and then... yeah. Anyway, one more (or two I think) chapter and this book will finish. Thank you very much for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.4K 445 12
[dropped] ┊⁀➷ Sakura Haruno x Naruto Uzumaki and Sasuke Uchiha " when god decides to fuck with someone , he goes all out " ...
34.1K 1.1K 25
DISCLAIMER -> TAKE THE FANFIC LIGHTLY ! writing this after a year (?) or two. THIS IS my first fanfiction, i never post my stuff but since i wrote th...
71.9K 1.7K 47
Shirazaki Y/N, childhood best friend of Uchiha Sasuke, has a complex and conflicted journey ahead. United by a strong bond since their early years, t...
253K 4K 22
"You Naruto Uzumaki, are here by banished from the leaf village, for the safety of the people!" Those are the last word Naruto Uzumaki heard as he r...