Destined With You

By SweetLove789

Rose Addams was born to be a fighter. She grew up to become the strongest boxer. But after the death of her... More

Destined With You... Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Epilogue

Chapter Ten

167K 4K 887
By SweetLove789

Chapter Ten

I woke up the next day with a stiff neck. Looking around- still half asleep- I realised that I fell asleep on the couch, and Jessie and Maria were both asleep on the floor surrounded by pillows and blankets.

They looked so cute with their mouths slightly open and the way they were hugging each other was too adorable. Obviously I had to take a picture, the moment was one to be captured. Even though I knew they would kill me for this.

‘Oh well this was so worth it’ I thought.

I got up properly and groaned quietly at the pain in my neck. I must have slept at an awkward angle. I picked up some of the mess on my way to the kitchen to make some coffee. I checked the time on the wall and saw it was already midday. Oh well, not like I was supposed to do anything today.

You’ve got to love Saturdays.

Massaging my neck after finishing my coffee, I decided to make some late breakfast for the girls. Opening the fridge, I saw it was completely empty apart from a bottle of mineral water. Great, I forgot to do food shopping or maybe it was because I had no money to even buy food.

Heaving a sigh, I started to make my way towards the living room to wake them up. I heard some voices and I walked in to see that Jess and Maria were both up, looking like they just woke from the dead.

“What time is it?” Jessie groaned her eyes only half open.

“Just a little past midday,” I answered whilst holding back a smile at the mess of Maria’s hair. It was worse than mine and that was saying something.

“What? Oh shoot! I’m supposed to go drop my brother off! He’s got football practice!” Jessie shouted with a groan. She was suddenly much more alert of her surroundings as she jumped up, knocking Maria’s head in the process and running up the stairs, to get changed most probably.

“Aw crap, same here!” Maria moaned, following after Jessie sluggishly. I guess she was too out of it to feel the way Jessie accidently knocked her head to the side.

I shook my head at their laziness. At least I didn’t have to give them breakfast now, even though I really wish I could. Just like a normal person.

If only.

The things I would do to have my father back in my life would be endless. What I would do to have my mother back to herself. The extent I would go through to protect Tommy from ever feeling that he has no one. Never would I allow him to feel like this, not until I’m here living and breathing. I couldn’t let him endure what I feel everyday. This deep, lonely cut in my heart that cried for someone to stitch it back up.

My thoughts were put on halt as I saw Jessie run back down, buttoning her jeans at the same time, whilst picking up some of the mess in the room, then hopping into kitchen to throw it away. Then Maria ran down a few seconds later, pulling her top through her head, then tugging it down before grabbing a bag and putting the extra junk food into it. She continued to jog into the kitchen to store it somewhere I guessed.

I looked at the door of the kitchen and then saw it bang back open as they both came running out, Jessie grabbing the pillows and Maria grabbing the blankets, folding them up so fast I hardly saw it. The next thing I knew it was back in the storage room.

They then proceeded to grab the table I moved to the side last night, only to place it back into its original spot. Stuffing their belongings into their bags followed this and once that was done, they both dusted their hands in accomplishment. Then they both tied their hair into a pile on top of their heads.

I looked around in amazement as I saw that everything was back to normal, immaculately clean as if there was no mini party here last night. All the mess was gone and the cozy feeling of the room was gone.

“Wow that was quick,” I was pretty impressed at their fast work. For two girls that could be lazy, they sure knew how to get the job done. They both gave me huge grins and pulled me in for a hug.

“We’ve got to go now Rose, talk to you later though,” Maria rushed out, trying to put her shoes on hurriedly.

“Yeah! And we have do this more often, last night was awesome!” Jessie grinned, copying Marias actions.

“Definitely! Thanks guys, for everything,” I smiled.

“Love you!” they shouted together as they ran out of the door in a hurry to drop their brothers off to football practice.

***

The rest of the day was spent with me catching up on homework before going next door to spend time with Tommy. All day I hadn’t ate anything because there was nothing at home and I just didn’t want to eat from Nana since she’s already spending money for Tommy to eat. It just made me so uncomfortable. I hate having to ask people for help.

It was six in the evening and I just got back from playing with Tommy and I was starving. My mum didn’t even leave any extra money because she said she would be back early this time.

Lies.

I wouldn’t be surprised if she was at some fancy restaurant with another man. Just thinking about it made me shake with anger. I was so embarrassed that my own mother was not back yet, that I still had to lie to Nana for her, informing her that she will be back soon.

I opened the little moneybox I had hidden under my bed and took out some of my savings to feed myself. I don’t think I could wait until my mother comes back. I’m just glad that Tommy is okay.

I put on a pair of black leggings and pulled on a dark blue, baggy hoodie on top before making my way towards my truck. I was feeling too lazy to walk it and I was still contemplating whether to take a pit stop somewhere after.

Once I reached the grocery store I brought some food that I could just warm up in the microwave. I walked towards the sweets section where it was full of biscuits, crisps and chocolates. I felt my feet come to a sudden stop.

I closed my eyes as a sudden memory came rushing back.

I remembered when I used to go shopping with my Dad. We used to come back after training and he would always buy a chocolate bar for me as a little treat. It wasn’t such a huge thing but for me it was enough. Little things always added up.

“Don’t you want to have a chocolate too dad?” I remembered I had asked the first time we started this little ritual.

“Rosie, you’re the one who’s always working hard. I’m just an old man watching his daughter grow, you should be the one treated,” he had replied. He always had that affectionate look in his eyes; even a blind man would be able to feel it.

“Dad that’s absolute rubbish, I wouldn’t be who I am if you were not the one who was patient enough to train me into becoming the best,” I had argued, frowning in disbelief.

“Rosie, I don’t think you give yourself enough credit,” my dad had stated. I remembered shaking my head at that statement. There was nothing to give myself credit for.

“We’re going halves then,” I remembered declaring. From then on, we had always shared a chocolate bar. I still remember my father’s large smile as I always broke it in half.

I felt myself tearing up so I stumbled out of there as fast as I could. I rushed to pay for the couple of items, hoping I had enough to money for it this time. I always had those embarrassing moments where I went over what I could afford.

I should be able to live on that, I thought to myself.

I didn’t feel like going home to an empty house so I decided to make that pit stop to MJ’s Coffee House. It felt like I hadn’t seen Cathy for quite some time and I could really use some of the positive aura she always has about her.

Once I arrived there, I realised there was no space to park my truck so I had to park further into a run down area. It was about a ten-minute walk from MJ’s place and it was dark but I managed to get there safely in the end.

I heard the bell of the door ring behind me as soon as I set foot into the cafe. The whiff of chocolate that I breathed in made me smile at the familiarity.

“Rose!” I heard a very familiar voice shout.

Turning my head to face Cathy, I saw her make her way towards me with her arms open making my smile grow wider as I let her engulf me in a friendly hug.

“Hey there Cathy,” I beamed back, once she let me go.

“What you doing here sweetie?” she asked, smiling warmly at me.

“I came to see you and to have my normal order, the triple Chocó fudge cake of course!” I explained brightly. I suddenly felt so much better, being away from my normal routine.

“Coming right up sugar,” she grinned before moving back to the counter to get my order. “I’m so glad you came! I thought you wouldn’t come back again!”

I frowned at that.

“I mean I thought you might of thought how this place isn’t the most popular hang out area, so...” she trailed off, looking slightly embarrassed.

I looked around and saw that there was only one old, dodgy looking guy sitting down, half asleep. I didn’t understand why the business wasn’t doing well. Inside it was so nice and cozy and the cakes and drinks were delicious. There really was nothing wrong with this place, heck I actually love it here.

“Well I don’t care about that. You serve delicious food and I am officially your regular customer because I have awesome taste,” I joked.

“Oh Rose, I did miss you,” she smiled, looking at me in that motherly way again, making my heart clench. I guess there are people you instantly click with, whether they’re your age or not.

“Well I missed you too that’s why I came back,” I smiled back.

“I’m glad you did. Now go take a seat and I’ll bring it over,” she instructed.

I took some of the change out and put it on the counter, ignoring the protests of how I didn’t have to pay. I could tell that she needed all the money she could get, and giving me orders for free wasn’t fair on her job.

“I’m not coming over without paying Cathy. I really appreciate the gesture but please, I don’t like it this way,” I frowned.

“Fine,” she huffed out, turning around and getting something from inside with a little stomp. She wasn’t actually mad so I shook my head at her, laughing quietly at the annoyed look on her face and her childish antics.

 I don’t think I’ve ever met someone so nice.

***

One hour later, Cathy and I both finished our cakes after talking about how my school was going, how my sleepover went yesterday (excluding the conversation on Drake of course) and funny stories about her customers. There was a point where we were laughing so hard we had tears running down our faces.

It was so easy to talk to her and I loved it. She asked me questions on my exams that my own mother didn’t care about. She made sure that I had eaten before I had the cake. Most people would find that annoying, thinking it wasn’t her place to ask but me? I loved it. It showed she simply cared, something I don’t get often.

I enjoyed her company a lot.

“You should be heading home now sweetie, you don’t want your parents to get worried now hey?” she nodded to the clock.

“Err, yeah.” I agreed grudgingly.

I really didn’t want to go home. I checked the time on the wall and saw that it was eleven at night. Damn, time flies when you’re having fun.

“Do you need a lift home?” Cathy asked kindly.

“No its okay, I brought my truck today. Thank you though,” I smiled.

“Okay honey, come back again soon and drive safely!” she said whilst giving me a hug.

“I will,” I promised before walking out of the door.

I was at once hit in the face by the cold wind, making me shiver instantly. I instinctively pulled the arms of my hoodie down to cover my hands. Then I groaned out loud because I still had a bit of a walk to get to my truck.

Looking around, I realised there was no one on the streets. The further I walked down, the more run down it looked. The eerie silence was making me feel slightly uncomfortable so I started to walk a bit faster.

Then I felt something hard hit my back. Turning around I found a rock besides my foot.

What the hell?

Looking around, there was no one around. How did something hit me?

Ignoring it, I started to walk again and then I got this chill run across the back of my neck.

Something wasn’t right and that’s when I heard it.

There were footsteps, right behind me.

I tried to ignore them but I don’t think they wanted that.

“Hey there doll,” I heard a slimy voice from behind me. I ignored it, speeding up the way my heart rate was.

“Oi! We’re fucking talking to you,” I heard another rough voice. That’s when I felt someone yank at my hood hard causing me to stop.

“Are you fucking deaf?” I heard a different voice ask. I looked to the sky briefly, not believing this was happening right now. I finally turned around to face four big guys, four big scary looking guys at that and they didn’t look very happy.

“Sorry can’t chat, have places to be,” I tried to keep my tone cool and calm, trying not to show that I was a bit nerved by their presence. I turned back around but that didn’t last for long as I felt myself being slammed hard into a brick wall.

“Shit,” I mumbled as my vision got blurred for a few seconds.

“Listen here you little bitch. No one fucking walks away from us, understand that?” the fourth ugly guy sneered in my face.

“Right, what can I help you with then?” I asked, acting as if I my head always happens to be banged into a brick wall.

“You’re feisty one aren’t ya?” Ugly number one said with a cringe accent I didn’t recognize.

He grabbed my face with one of his dirty hands and shoved it to the side hard, making the edge of my face scrape against the wall, effectively ripping the skin on my cheek.

Damn that really stings.

I felt his face come closer to my own before he inhaled my smell, as he ran his nose up my neck and back down. “Hmm I think we’re going to have a lot of fun with this one boys,” he drawled out, making the ‘boys’ look at me greedily.

I felt a shiver of disgust run through me.

“Get the fuck of me you sick bastard!” I screamed shoving him off me.

Then I felt a hard slap against my right cheek. Okay now that stung.  I saw all the four men looking at me with crazy grins as if they enjoyed doing this. It was sickening to see the pleasure they got out of this.

I just took one step to run but then ugly number three grabbed me by the shoulders before punching me in the jaw once. But then I just laughed at the attempt, which made him punch me again in the same place. I felt the taste of metallic blood in my mouth…there was a lot of it.

“Is that all you got?” I chuckled cloyingly.

I saw ugly number two advance forward, lifting his leg shakily before kicking me in the side of the ribs and then ugly number four thought it would be nice to kick the bottom of my legs, making me fall flat on my back on the hard pavement. That caused a good amount of pain to run through my whole body.

They couldn’t fight properly. It was all sloppy movement.

“My turn,” I whispered with a smile, ignoring the blood dripping from my mouth, ignoring the pain in my head, ignoring the ache in my ribs and taking no notice of the stinging in my cheek.

But just when I was about to fight back I heard his voice.

“Rose!” Drake shouted.

He sounded a bit far away still.

I turned my head to see him running- fast- in my direction.

I was on the floor and I was about to get up but then ugly number one kicked me back down in the chest and for a second I had lost my breathing.

Bastard.

“Rose! Ah Shit!” I heard him shout again.

He was closer now.

“Drake get the hell out of here!” I screamed back.

“What?” He exclaimed.

“Go! Now!” I screamed again. Ah hell, if he stayed here any longer then he’ll get hurt. I could easily handle this myself.

He looked at me as if I had quite literally lost my head. Okay so me bleeding on the floor with four big guys surrounding me and then telling him to go is pretty stupid but I’ve taken on guys bigger than these and a larger amount. I was just letting them get me all hyped up.

I watched as Drake grabbed ugly number one roughly and then without a single amount of hesitation, he punched him square in the face, knocking him out completely.

Hot.

He started moving on to ugly number two who was now shaking in fear but then I saw ugly number three creeping up behind drake with a bat but even his hands were shaking.

Why were they suddenly so scared?

Wait.

Where the hell did that bat come from?!

I jumped up, running in Drake’s direction faster than lightening.

“Duck!” I shouted at Drake.

He dropped down and I jumped over his body aiming a flying kick into ugly number three’s face. I grinned as my leg perfectly collided with his nose. I heard a sickening crack and then blood came gushing out of his nose. The bat slipped to the ground as his face went flying to the side, knocking him out completely.

Turning around quickly I saw ugly number four advance on me but I gave him no opportunity as I smirked devilishly and then came forward, my left fist striking him in the chest and my right catching him with a right hook to his chin. He fell backwards on the hard floor, just how he did to me. I jumped on top of him, pummeling him until he cried out in pain. His eyes closed and I knew he had blacked out.

Jumping off him, I saw Drake holding ugly number two by the collar.

He was actually holding him up, his feet were not touching the floor and he wasn’t leaning him against a wall! Damn he was strong and by the look on his face, he was furious.

I could hardly see ugly number two’s face as it was covered in blood. He was crying though, I could hear his whimpers as Drake threatened to kill him with his bare hands.

“P...Please...I...I didn’t...k...know,” he trembled.

Didn’t know what?

The fear in his eyes made me nervous as I remembered the confident look he had before Drake was here. Maybe they were amateurs. Drake threw him to the ground like he was nothing but dirt. Then he looked around him at the four huge guys, all on the floor, bloodied and blacked out.

Then he turned to see me and I saw a flash of concern in his eyes as he came rushing towards me.

“Holy shit Rose, are you okay?” he asked, his voice full of anger that was not directed at me, holding my face in his hands gently as if I was just a delicate piece of china. The simple touch of his hand on my skin made me forget about all the pain that was going through me, instead spreading a feeling of butterflies.

“I’m fine,” I smiled at his worried expression.

“No you’re fucking not! You have blood coming out of your mouth Rose, there’s a huge bruise forming on your head and your cheeks got some deep cuts so I’m pretty sure you’re hurting like hell!” he was furious but the concern never left his eyes.

He looked so hot when he was angry.

“It just looks worse than it feels. Don’t worry about me, are you okay?” I asked, looking him up and down to see if he had any injuries but he looked like he’d never been in a fight just a moment ago.

“I didn’t get hit,” he said simply, still looking at me to see if there were any more damages. Then as if he suddenly remembered to ask, he yelled, “What the hell are you doing in a place like this so late?”

“What are you doing in a place like this so late?” I exclaimed back.

“Don’t start with me Addams,” he was really pissed.

“Fine. I was in MJ’s place, chilling out with your Mum,” I said, staring at my shoes.

“With my mum?” he asked, now confused.

“Yeah...” I trailed off.

“What am I going to do with you,” he mumbled. I don’t think he meant for me to here it so I stayed quiet.

“Why are you walking so late at night?” he frowned.

“My trucks right round the corner, there was no other place to park,” I explained quietly. Looking around at the sight of the bloodied men, I felt my face harden. They were going to beat me and then take advantage of me. They judged me before knowing me.

Fighting them, I was officially in my zone. I was my old self. I felt the adrenaline that I did after every fight running through me but this time it didn’t last. It wasn’t the same. My dad wasn’t here to say how proud he was; he wasn’t here to take me home.

I still had all the techniques in me. I still had the power, the strength and for a moment I felt like I was fighting to stay up for my Dad.

“Rosie...” I heard Drake say quietly. He realised the silence that surrounded us.

I felt one lone tear run down my cheek.

“Hey, its okays,” I heard Drake whisper as he wiped the tear away with his thumb. His touch was so soft and careful.

I jerked my head back and shook my head as I thought how stupid I was, letting my emotions show fully like that. I hardened my resolve and snapped at him, “I’m fine.”

“What?” he frowned, stepping back as if my actions stung him.

“Look thanks for the help, I didn’t need it but thanks anyway. I’m going home. Bye,” I turned rudely; keeping my back towards him so he wouldn’t see how much it hurt to say that.

I just couldn’t get close to someone again and I just knew if I spent a little longer with him then there’s no going back. If I got attached to him, if I started to get used to this comfort I started to feel when I’m around him then I would just hurt more than I am already.

There’s only so much a girl can take.

“Excuse me?” I heard him ask, anger evident in his tone.

“Can’t you catch my drift? I don’t want to be here with you. I’m going home,” I spoke roughly with my back still towards him.

I started moving forwards but what he said next made me stop in my tracks.

“Yeah? Alright then, say that again but this time look me in the eyes,” his voice was emotionless, I couldn’t decipher his feelings and I knew that if I didn’t turn then he’d know I was lying.

I breathed in a lung full of air and blew it back out, making my shoulders rise and fall. Then I turned around, I looked at his chin and grumbled, “I don’t want to be here with you any longer than necessary.”

“I said my eyes Addams, not my fucking chin,” he growled, his deep voice doing strange things to my body. It reacted to his every word and it was maddening.

“I said I don’t want to fucking...” I started shouting but then trailed off as I looked into his beautiful green eyes. Green eyes that for the first time showed me pain. They showed me he was hurting but there was anger, a lot of anger.

He let me see his emotions.

There wouldn’t be any chance of me leaving now.

“I once said to you that you were an awful liar,” I heard him say. The scowl on his face made him look so dangerous and oddly enough I liked it. Maybe it was because I knew he wouldn’t use it against me.

“I’m not lying,” I said quietly.

“Yes you are,” he objected.

“No I’m not,” I mumbled, looking at the pavement.

“Yes you are,” he continued arrogantly. I could feel his gaze on me.

“No I’m not,” I let out weakly, trying to look him back in the eyes.

“Yes you are,” he whispered.

“Yes I am,” I admitted, whispering back.

I saw him take a step closer to me and then another and another until there was hardly any space between us. My heart rate was beating frantically; I actually think he heard it. The proximity between us made a soft blush appear on my cheeks.

“Rosie...” Drake started.

But he didn’t continue.

I dared to look up and then felt my breath hitch as I stared into his eyes. He was so handsome. We just stood staring at each other and then he brought his face closer until our noses were touching and just when I was about to close my eyes, I heard him sigh.

I watched his face scrunch up as if he was debating with himself and then he took a sudden step back, breaking the spell that surrounded us.

Why did I feel so disappointed?

I felt him grab hold of my hand before he led me away from the mess and towards my truck.

“Pass me your keys, I’m driving,” he stated. I noticed how his voice was a bit off. I didn’t bother to argue; I was exhausted and now confused with what just happened.

I told him where I lived and listened as The Script filled the truck through the speakers. I found myself dozing off. I tried to fight to stay awake but I lost the struggle, allowing sleep to finally consume me.

I felt myself being moved and I opened my eyes halfway to hazily see I was being carried up the stairs, into my bedroom by no other than Drake Night himself.

I dozed off again and then I woke up again as I felt like someone was wiping something off my face but I didn’t have enough energy to ask what was going on.

The last thing I heard was a deep voice whisper, “Sweet dreams Rosie.”

There was a final soft squeeze on my hand, and then footsteps faded away as much as I tried to protest to them not to leave. I was screaming in my head for them to stop but I don’t think anyone heard me. No one hears me. So I let sleep take over, the events of the day fading into nothing.

......................................................................................................................................................................................

As promised, I've updated! Thank you for the continious love<3

Please don't forget to Vote and Comment!

Oh and don't you like it when Drake get's angry? hehe!

-Swaz xo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

380K 9.7K 43
-Blake- Rose stands not too far in front of the ring looking at me, her face is pale and my gut twists in ways it never has. She shouldn't be here, w...
935K 20.2K 34
"You don't want me I'm broken. Unfixable." "Broken or not your still my princess." Soon his lips are on mine and sparks flew all my worries for once...
9.3K 148 45
Skylar is a girl who is 17 and has a painful past. Her parents are both alcoholics and once in awhile do drugs. And once Skylar gets tired of arguing...
834 9 51
▪︎trigger warning▪︎ - fighting - mentions of death - strong language - mature themes - booze/drinking - mentions of suicide - mentions of abuse ...