Coach's Number One

By LaurenJ22

#1 Teen Fiction | #1 Young Adult Unwelcoming teammates. A more-than-friendly swim coach. A swim captain who w... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Harvey & Grace įƒ¦įƒ¦įƒ¦
MERRY CHRISTMAS! šŸŽ„šŸŽ„šŸŽ„
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Ashton & Grace įƒ¦įƒ¦įƒ¦
Chapter Nineteen
Hayden & Grace įƒ¦įƒ¦įƒ¦
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Trailer
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
The Choice: Reader Survey
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
BAD LIAR
Chapter Fifty Two (FINAL CHAPTER)
Epilogue
Shay... I mean slay šŸ™ŒšŸ¼
Darker Than Sin šŸ–¤
Coach's Number One: An Interactive Reading Game
Love in the Deep End is LIVE on Chapters Interactive!

Chapter Fifty One

143K 5.7K 2.4K
By LaurenJ22

-----------------------

Dedication: ARoseGoldDream for the amazing cover! Thank you!

Recap:

"Hey Leisel, what are your plans for next year?" I asked as we piled out of the car.

"I'm going travelling with my family. We're going through Europe. I've applied for university now though and when I get an offer, I'll just defer for a year."

"Travelling will be fun! That sounds like an awesome idea."

After ordering, we take a seat by the window. As Leisel began to text on her phone and Mia was making googley eyes with the guy who served us, I found myself smiling.

Who would have thought that I'm going to miss these two, when I leave?

----------------------

***Warning, the start of this chapter is intimate, if you would like to skip, scroll down to the next warning ***

Hayden's hands slide down my back, sinking lower with each passing moment.

His lips moved with mine roughly as he slams me against my shower wall. I gasp at the cold feel of the tiles. He smirks, hooking my leg around his waist, his fingers slipping against my wet skin.

My hair clings to my back as he moves fast and hard, making my eyes roll back into my head. My nail dugs into his back as I moan.

All I can taste is his mint toothpaste and the water that clings to his wet lips. He pulls my lip between his teeth and sucks.

"I love you," he whispers breathlessly, dragging his tongue across my bottom lip.

"I love you, more," I murmurs.

"GRACE!" Comes a sudden shout, jolting me from my trance. "Are you home? Thought we could have lunch together?"

"Holy shit!" I breathe as Hayden continues thrusting, obviously not paying attention to anything besides us right now. "Mum's home!"

"What?" he exclaims, quickly pulling out, his eyes wide.

I let out a laugh at his panic-stricken face. He quickly rolls the condom off and holds it up.

"Where am I supposed to put this?" he asks, looking very serious while I can't stop giggling.

"I don't know, put it in your jeans pocket or something."

"Ew, it's all wet!"

I roll my eyes. "Wrap it up in a tissue or something and put it in the bin."

*** Intimate scene is over ***

After rinsing, he quickly steps out, towelling off the fastest I've ever seen him, looking like he had been lit on fire. I can't stop laughing as he rushes around the bathroom. I take my time, not feeling as panicked now that I am in here alone.

I step out, dry off and change into a denim skirt and my converse-branded shirt. When I walk into the kitchen, my eyes settle on Hayden sitting at the table, looking extremely uncomfortable. My mum has her hands on her hips.

"So, do you often shower together when I'm not home?" she asks me, pursing her lips.

I let out a sigh.

Here comes another pregnancy talk.

***

I settle against the hard strips of bark on the tree, as I scroll through different apartments, houses and units available for rent in Sydney.

Taking a long slurp of my apple juice popper, I aimlessly scroll, feeling a little deflated at the high rent prices. I keep reminding myself that I have Hayden to halve rent with, or if we go into a share house, also Harvey and Caitlyn.

A shadow crossing over me causes me to glance up. Harvey collapses heavily to my side, his aftershave washing of me delightfully. 

"Hi best friend."

"Hey," I greet. "How's it going?"

"Better," he replies, drawing his knees to his chest, loosely hanging his arms over his knees. "I think I've convinced mum to let me go to Sydney with you. She wants to have another dinner but I said no way."

"Not doing that again, sorry. The first time was bad enough."

"I know, that's why I said we're not interested."

"Thanks. Hey, I've been meaning to ask you, have you got a suit for the formal yet?" I ask, locking my phone and placing it on my thigh.

"Not a good one."

"I'm taking Hayden shopping for one soon, want to tag along?" 

"Yeah sure. You have much better taste than me, anyway."

"Not going to argue with that," I tease, gently punching his arm.

"How are you going with exam prep?"

I let out a sigh, absently playing with the bottom of my braided hair. 

"Okay, I guess. I'm behind in class so that makes it hard."

"Do you want to do some study together? I'm ahead in everything."

"Of course you are," I reply with an eye roll. "But that would be amazing, if we could."

"We have a few weeks until exams. Why don't we aim for two or three afternoons a week?"

I groan. "Studying after swim practise? I'm going to be exhausted."

"It's only for a few weeks. You need to pass everything to go to Sydney," he points out.

"You're right. I know."

"What are you doing for your free next?"

"Was going to go over my History notes."

"I'll come with. Library?"

"Sounds good." I smile.

The warning bell rings overhead and I reluctantly get to my feet.

Most seniors have a free period next, which means we have fifty minutes of spare time, before our next class. I usually would just lounge around in the sun, but considering my exams are fast-approaching, I thought I better start revising.

As we enter the hallway, I notice Hayden throwing his textbook carelessly into his locker.

"I'll go get Caitlyn and meet you there?" Harvey suggests.

"Sure."

He disappears in the opposite direction, as I walk over to Hayden.

"Hey, want to go make out in an empty classroom?" Hayden smirks, wiggling his eyebrows.

I roll my eyes. "I wish, but I need to study."

"Boring."

"I know," I sighs.

"And you think I'm the nerd."

"You are," I poke my tongue out as he shut his locker door. "My mum's lecture didn't scare you too much, did it?"

"Notice how I said make out, not sex?" he jokes. "Nah, it's all good."

I give him a grateful smile. I'm glad he didn't get too freaked out. My mother can be a bit full on.

We make our way to the library, finding a few others already there, taking up most of the tables. We manage to snag one at the back.

I throw my study material onto the desk with a huff, not looking forward to spending my free time in here.

"Let's make flash cards," Hayden suggests, taking the seat opposite to me.

"That's a good idea."

As I pour over my notes, searching for things to put onto the flash cards, Hayden got the easy job of cutting up squares. A few minutes later, we are joined by Harvey and Caitlyn.

"Gruesome Twosome," Harvey nods, causing me to roll my eyes.

"Hi Caitlyn," I purposely say, ignoring Harvey.

She smiled in greeting, sitting down beside Hayden, while Harvey takes the seat adjacent to mine.

"Whatcha' doing?" Harvey asks, glancing between Hayden and me.

"Flash cards."

"Oh smart idea," Harvey agrees. "I might do that, too."

Caitlyn pulled out her phone, a crease appearing on her forehead. I don't pay much attention, too busy searching through my notes. Suddenly, she squeals, causing almost every pair of eyes in the library to rotate towards her.

"Oh my God!" she exclaims, her cheeks burning bright red.

"What?" Harvey and I both ask in unison.

"I applied for the culinary science internship in Italy a few months ago and they just emailed me, saying I got accepted! Oh my God!"

"Congrats," Hayden replies monotonously, not looking up from the piece of paper he is cutting.

I glance to Harvey, to see his face fall.

"That's great, Caitlyn," I say with a small smile, after an awkward silence. "How long is the internship?"

"It's for twelve months. I'm meant to start in November!"

Glancing at Harvey again, who looks like he was going to be sick, I continue to smile encouragingly at her.

"That's awesome. You'll miss our formal, though, won't you?"

"Well..." she says, finally meeting Harvey's sad eyes. "Yes, but this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. I never thought I would get in."

"Congratulations," I grin, genuinely happy for her, even though my best friend's hopes and dreams are being crushed, right beside me. "You're going to go, then?"

"Yes, of course. I've always wanted to travel to Italy."

"Excuse me," Harvey suddenly blurts, getting to his feet, before storming out of the library.

Caitlyn bites her lip, looking down at her lap.

"I got this," I tell her, scrambling to my feet.

I jog after Harvey who is marching towards the lockers.

"Hey!" I call out.

"She's leaving," he snaps, whirling around to me. "She didn't even tell me she applied, now she's leaving?"

"I know, it sucks." I squeeze his shoulder. "But you should be proud of her, that's an amazing thing for her to be offered. I know you really like her and she's your first girlfriend, but you don't have to break up."

"Yeah, we do."

"If you don't think the long distance thing will work, that's your decision. Do you think it's right to ask her to sacrifice her future? Do you even love her?"

"Well, love is a strong term... But I really like her. I don't want her to leave."

"I know you don't."

His head drops as he sighs. I wrap my arms around him, giving him a tight squeeze.

"We can still live together."

"Yay - me, you and your boyfriend," he deadpans, stepping back.

"I'm not taking offense, because you're upset."

"You know what I mean," he glumly replies, a sour look etched onto his face.

"Harvey?" a quiet, timid voice asks.

I give Harvey a sympathetic look as I side-step out of the way.

I headed back into the library, to find Hayden doing exactly the same thing as before.

"That was awkward."

"Just a tad," I agree, picking up my pen and lightly tapping it on my paper.

"You can say it."

"Say what?" I ask.

"That you're happy she's leaving."

"I'm not happy she's leaving!" I exclaim, before lowering my voice, sending a sheepish smile to the girl across from us, giving me a weird look. "I like Caitlyn."

Hayden rolls his eyes. "Whatever you say."

"Seriously! She makes Harvey happy, I don't want her to move to a different country."

He points the scissors at me. "Liar."

"I am not! Why don't you believe me?" I ask, beginning to feel annoyed.

"Okay, yes, you feel bad for Harvey. I get that, but you two have butted heads right from the start. You wouldn't have enjoyed living with each other and you know it."

I scowl at him, hating how he is always right. "You suck."

"You love me."

"Sometimes."

Harvey re-enters the library by himself. His cheeks are red and his eyes a little waterier than usual.

"I was going to say it after we were finishing studying, but I found a place that would be perfect for us. It's designed for five people, but I thought us four would have enjoyed the extra space. Guess that's not happening now," he grumbles, collapsing down onto the chair, folding his arms across his chest childishly.

"It can still happen, we'll just find a fourth roommate to help with rent," I tell him with a smile. "Things will work out."

"How can you be so sure?" he asks me skeptically.

"Because us three will be together and nothing else matters."

------------------

Caitlyn is leaving, are you all sad to see her go? ;)

If you're looking for more stories to read while waiting for updates, you can read my other stories!

COMPLETED - Childhood Sweethearts, Downright Delinquents, Faithless, Chasing Casey (and The Best Thing For Me but I wrote that when I was 15 and it's just cringe)

ON-GOING - Darker Than Sin and BAD LIAR. 🖤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.8K 791 34
"I think you should go." "Can't handle the truth princess?" "No, I can't handle your lies." "The clock doesn't lie darlin, you've said it yourself." ...
87.7K 4.4K 57
Have you ever wondered what more you could be missing when you have everything? Well, Michelle Reynold who is 17, a senior, blond and beautiful, have...
6.4K 521 28
After a tragic event, she decides to change the way she lives her life as she has no other choice but to live with her sister and her husband. Her pa...
5M 192K 43
Arielle Tesfaye's senior year immediately turns upside down the second she finds out about her switch to another swim team. Although the problem with...