After All This Time

By Stormy_Mountains

Jamie Fairchild 18 years old, shadowhunter since age 10 is better known as Elizabeth Lovelace. Leaving the wo... More

Authors Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Final Authors Note + Sequel Title Contest

Chapter 13

4.5K 98 2
By Stormy_Mountains

Ellie's POV

We arrive outside and we meet the others. I hand card to Clary.

"Get it out" I tell her and then turn to the others. "Keep an eye out for demons." they nod and look around, my phone rings. Ryan. I walk away from the group and answer. "Ryan. Oh my god thank you for calling me back I miss you." I say.

"Hey, uh.." He says on the other line.

"You okay?" I ask.

"No I don't think so. I have a really bad pain in my hip. It's been there for 2 days now. I've been in an out of consciousness ever since. I don't know what's wrong with me. Jamie I need your help." He says scared.

"Okay, uh meet me back at the institute. We'll figure this out okay." I say and Izzy cuts me off.

"guys. The necklace is pulsing" Izzy says and we all look around.

"At least we know the necklace works." Alec says.

"Uh I need to go sorry I'll meet you at the abandoned church in like 20 minutes okay promise." I say.

"Okay." He says and hangs up. I run to catch up with the group. When I get there Jace has killed a demon

"Language. Not in front of grandma." Jace jokes.

"How'd it find us?" Alec asks.

"I don't know but she brought friends." Jace says.

"We need to go." I finish and we start walking away.

"How can you tell?" Clary asks trying to keep up with us.

"It's like seeing through a glamour. You just need to pay attention to the details." Jace explains.

"But I can't see anything." She says and we come to a stop. "Okay there is to many people."

"I don't say this often but Clary's right. We have to get tout of here." Alec says.

"This way." I say and pull them down an alley way to a back door, I kick the door and we all step inside. Alec stops and pulls out his bow and arrow standing in front of the door.

"Alec what are you-" I ask but he cuts me off.

"Go I'll be fine. I'm holding them off. Take your sister back to the institute." He says.

"No I'm staying if your staying Jace and Izzy can take her back." I tell him.

"No Jamie go!" He says sternly.

"NO!" I say loudly. "I am not leaving you. I care to much about you to leave, either I stay or you come with us." I tell him. He looks at me weirdly and let's out a sigh of defeat.

"Fine. Jace, Izzy make sure she gets back." Alec tells them and I pull my dagger out.

"Jamie." Clary pleads.

"Go I'll be fine." I tell her. "I promise." She smiles turning away and leaving with Jace and Izzy. I turn to where we came in with Alec beside me, out of the corner of my eye I see him looking at me. "What?" I ask.

"You." He said being very vague.

"Me?" I ask still looking at the door.

"Yah you, back when you were telling me why you wante-" he was cut off by a demon coming into where we are and me killing it.

"They found us." I say under my breath. 'You shouldn't have stayed here Ellie. There going to catch you and bring you to him. Your putting yourself and Alec in risk being here' I say in my head. "Oh fuck off" I say quietly to myself.

"Jamie you said you cared to much about me to leave." He says shooting his arrow into a demon.

"So? I care about everyone." I tell him stabbing another demon.

"You don't know me. You forgot who I am so how.." He shots a demon. "Do you..," he pauses and shoots another one. "Care so much about..." He stops and pulls me to him. "Me?" He finishes and looks me in the eyes.

"I..." I throw my dagger up from my side killing a demon I saw I'm my peripheral vision. "Remember" I say mumbling quietly.

"You what?" He asks.

"I remember okay!" I walk away towards the demon to get my dagger. "I remember you I remember everything" I say.

"You remembered and you didn't tell me." He looks at me raising his voice, I start to feel small in my own skin. I know when he starts to raise his voice it's not going to end when.

"I'm sorry. I thought it would be best not to tell you until this day is over." I say letting my walls fall down. He lets out I breath before speaking.

"How long?" He says quietly.

"What?" I ask.

"How long! How long have you remembered?" He says getting angry again.

"Since you kissed me in the elevator. Everything just came rushing back." I say with pain in my voice knowing I hurt him with this small thing.

"Why did you let me believe that you didn't remember who I was. It was killing me Jamie." He says angry turning away from me.

"I know it was killing you. I didn't want to hurt you more than you already were knowing I didn't know you. I couldn't tell you because I didn't want to lose you." I say hurt. "I needed you in my life one way or another okay. I need you." I yell at him before punching him. "Don't you get that! You are the one thing in my life that has made me feel like I'm home. The only person who was able to brake down my walls just like I'm able to break down yours!" I yell at him still punching him until he grabs my wrists trying to stop me but I continue to struggle.

"And you didn't think I needed you Jamie! You are the only person who makes me feel like me you know that! And you go and pretend you don't know me." He yells at me still holding my wrists as I continue to struggle.

"I'm sorry okay! I'm sorry I didn't tell you I remembered but I just though I'd tell you tomorrow after this crazy day was over. You have been through so much today with me not forgetting I thought I'd would be best. Also I needed a day to figure out how to tell Ryan that I basically cheated on him... Twice! God I'm a terrible person." I say pulling my hands from Alec and walking away from him only to sit down on the floor.

"Jamie." He says sitting beside me, "your not a terrible person. I was the one who kissed you though times and you pulled away. If anything I'm the terrible one I kissed a taken girl multiple times." He says and I giggle a little,he smiles and pulls me into a side hug. "Look. I get why you didn't tell me, but I would have much rather been told when you found out rather then now or tomorrow. Please next time you have a secret that involves me please tell me." One says and I nod leaning my head on his shoulder. I smile and feel my eyes start to close. A few minutes later I hear panting coming to wear we are and automatically know who it is.

"Luke" I whisper.

"What happened to her?" Luke ask Alec. "She's not hurt is she?"

"No, she's okay. We just got into a fight and her eyes closed once we made up, she's just tired." Alec tells Luke. I hear Luke let's out a sigh and tries to get me off of Alec but I move and push my head closer into Alec's neck, I may be taken but I don't want to let go of Alec just yet. "Luke it's okay I got her." He says picking me up bridal style "we should go Clary, Izzy, and Jace are down the hall they may need us." Alec says and starts walking to where the group kit be. We make it to a small clearing and we find clary looking frightened.

"Clary!" Luke says.

"Get back!" She says holding up her blade, "how do I know your Luke?" She asks.

"I got you spray paint on your birthday." He says and she drops her blade running into him. "What happened?" He asks holding her.

"Uh, demons." She says and pulls away from him looking over to me in Alec's arms. "Oh my god Jamie. Is she okay?" She asks.

"I'm fine. Just tired. Alec you can put me down now." I tell him and he looks at me concerned. I give him an I'm okay look and he sets me down gently still holding my lower back just in case. Clary pulls me into a hug and turns to Luke.

"Where'd you come from?" She asks.

"Jail. I ran into Alec and Jamie. He said you might be down here and might need some help." Luke says as the demon ash disappeares.

"Apparently not" Alec says.

"Looks like she's got it all under control." I say smirking at my little sister.

"Shouldn't we get going? More demons could be coming." Clary says.

"Don't worry. We'll be okay" I say.

"I've got the pack on look out." Luke says "if there's anyother demons we'll take care of it" I look at him.

"Look at you leader of the pack." Clary and I chuckle.

"It has its perks" he says smirking.

"Shall we." Clary says looking at us three, we nod and head to the institute.

"Yah, alright." Alec says before turning and leaving but I stop him.

"Hey I'm, I'm sorry for not telling you I remember." I say to him.

"You don't need to keep apologizing. I understand why you did it were okay." He says.

"I know I just needed to say that again because I felt so ba-" I'm cut off but Alec hugging me.

"Shut up." He says and I laugh hugging him back.

"Alec! Jamie! Let's go!" I hear Clary yell. I smile at Alec and run to Luke and Clary with him behind me.
***
When we get back to the institute we see Jace telling the other shadowhunters to look for Clary. I push her forward and she goes to him.

"Jace." She says and stops in front of him

"Clary" he says before she giving him a hug. I look to Alec and see him uncomfortable with what's going on but I turn back to my sister. I'll talk to him about it later. I see them talking and I smile because they are perfect together.

"I told you the first time we met you have the sight. Your a shadowhunter just like the rest of us" he says and Clary kisses him. I smile at the two and start to walk away but Izzy stops me.

"They great for each other aren't they." She smiles at Jace and Clary. I nod.

"Yah they are." I say and watch Alec walk away I sigh and continue to talk to Izzy. I'm glad to be back but I know it won't last forever. I'm about to walk to my room when I look at my phone. '8:00 pm' .

'Shit I forgot!'  I think before running to the front of the institute and out the door. I look around me once I am outside but I don't see anyone. "Ryan?" I whisper. No answer. "Ryan?" I ask louder, still no answer. I start walking around outside when I find a darker shadow. "Ryan?" I say in a normal voice. No response but as I walk closer I recognize the outline. "Ryan! Oh my god!" I yell running and kneeling beside him. I place my hands on his cheeks, hes still warm meaning he is still alive. My hands move to his shoulder to shake him. "Ryan. Ryan wake up. Open your eyes Ryan." I yell at him. When he doesn't move my head falls to his chest, I let a few tears fall before notice something dark on his grey t-shirt. Blood. I lift up his shirt a little just as I see 4 scratch marks on his hip and Ryan sits up straight groaning in pain. I look in his eyes and see them change colour. The claw marks, the pain in his hip, different coloured eyes, it all adds up to one thing.... Ryan is a wearwolf.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.5K 1K 79
[Alec Lightwood x OC] Aria Herondale, Jace's older sister he didn't remember he had. Separated from her brother at at a young age. Raised in secret...
32.5K 1.4K 25
Alec Lightwood is 21 years old and has promptly been arrested for being complicit in a group assault on a older gentleman that tried to commit rape o...
154K 3.4K 34
Clary Fairchild was to be protected by Mayla Stonehart. Years of hiding her true identity made Mayla live in fear every day and look over her shoulde...
29.3K 749 51
Tessa Gray is reckless, impulsive, short tempered and witty. Will Herondale is also reckless, impulsive, short tempered and witty. The pair have ha...