Hades Doctor

By Eliabeacsp

She was a piece of Heaven he wanted to own. And he, was the flames of Hell she wanted to tame. "You must be t... More

Fate
Hades Doctor
Meeting the God of The Underworld
Sleep
Screaming Souls
My Reputation
Reasons
What the Hell
Surprise
Past
Intruder
Kidnapped
Drunk
Bunny
You are Going to Pay Caspian
This means war.
William Isherwood
Anger
Wait, who is Jealous?
I don't think So
You real Tricky Will.
Restrained
Friendzoned
Heart Attack
A Guest
A very very unwanted Guest
Misunderstanding
Zeus, you Bloody Coackroach!
Peaceful Sleep
I knew you were Trouble when you Stalked Me
Lessons For Zeus
Like father like Son.
Pits and Fire
Stupid, Stupid, Stupid. Am Stupid
Oh My Dear God.
Emergency Exit Please
Worst Timing
That Doesn't Make it Better!
My mind's gone Lalalala!
Lessons from Disney Princess 👸
A Hell Worth of Rumours
Why Do You Care?
Talk About A Shocker
Unveiling the Past
Izumi
Ariel - The Drunk Mermaid
I am going to regret this later
I am Done For.
Eyes the Shade of a Dove' Feather
This Better Be a Creative Lie
I want him Dead
The Enemy is a Bully
Who is the Fool?
I am Jealous
No, no more Guests!
Cherry Blossoms
The Prophecy
Lord Hades
Darkness
Sheepish Smile
In Knee Deep Trouble
Murky Waters
For me to Choose

Back Home

51.3K 2.3K 139
By Eliabeacsp

Reaching home with a bag of premade excuses and a stock of pity provoking faces, I braced myself for the worst case scenario.

But I ended up shocked for two hours straight on finding out that it had been only two hours since I left. My guide aka bodyguard had only just noticed my disappearance and so bought my lie of visiting an old friend.

And my capability in imagination was tested when it was time to explain the dirt smudged across my pink tee and the torn black-jeans. I almost dropped to my knees in relief when they decided against calling my parents and giving a detailed report.

It was hard for me to believe that they did not see through my suspicious smile and nervous laughter. That night I slept with a new back of memories to recollect and relive, but the morning was filled with tears and frustration of realizing that the curse hadn't been broken.

"Beth, did you wash your hands?" Margret, a woman in her early forties looked at me pointedly as I tiptoed out of the kitchen with a plate of abducted pancakes.

"I did see." It was while I showed her my wet hands in an answer that we heard a sudden clatter of cutlery from the dinning. But it was the sound that followed that made me push forward.

I paused in my steps at the doorway. "Theresa," Margret called out in concern as she rushed into the room past me.

She shook her slightly willing her to wake, and her eyes fluttered open for a fraction of a second before she lost consciousness again. When Margret proceeded to lift her head onto her lap, I held out my hand for her to stop. "Don't do that."

She looked at me in doubt, her eyes lined in tears, but gently laid her back onto the ground. Margret hovered over us with her phone dialing for John, my guide as I lifter Theresa' legs to increase the blood flow to her head.

Beads of sweat lined her ashen face and her lips pressed into a straight line as she once again regained consciousness. Margret cried with relief and explained to the voice resounding through the phone of the current situation.

I advised her not to get to prevent her from fainting again. On John's arrival, we carried her to the car and drove to the nearest hospital.

While waiting for news on her condition I happened to overhear the conversation between two men. "One more has come down with the mysterious fever." The man with dirty blonde hair and a pair of compatible warm-brown orbs said to the man sitting to his left.

The term 'mysterious fever' left me leaning forward. "I heard the doctors are having a hard time trying to find what it is."

I no longer tried as hard to eavesdrop and looked at Margret. Her eyes were closed shut and her lips moved in silent prayer. "Margret." I called, her blood-shot eyes blinked open. "I have to use the restroom."

She barely managed to nod and I got up, taking count of the patiently waiting families.

The classic tricks always works.

..................................................................................

I went straight into the casualty.

Upon checking, I found his temperature to be alarmingly high.

Before I could inquire about his condition, a doctor came up to me and asked me to leave.

.................................................................................

Nodding obediently when being warned, I left not lingering on the glares. On my way, I decided to tell Margret and John about my strange ability. I called them to the cafeteria and we talked over coffee. When I finished, Margret very much wanted to believe me, but struggled with doubts, while John set down his cup and stared at me as though I had suddenly grown two heads.

Honestly I found their expressions funny.

Leaving them in conflict, I fished out my phone from my back jean pocket. "Mom?" She picked up on the second ring.

"Yeah."

"I want to do something," I told her and before I could put in another word her tone turned serious.

"If this is about any of those life-risking adventure-sports. Young lady you better catch the next plane back home."

"No, no. It's not about that. You know I wouldn't do anything that would scare you." I sugar coated it, but the other end of the line went dead.

"Mom?" Only beeps of the call ending were heard. I redialed, praying that she was not booking an airplane ticket. This time, it took four rings for her to pick up.

"Ma! I swear it's not about what you are thinking." I did not give her the chance to threaten me. "It's...It's about my condition...You know about my way with plants. I have been thinking of putting it into use."

"But you do use your abilities." She put emphasis on the last word. "Though they do not taste good you treat me and dad using them."

I took in a deep breath and spurted out the facts in on go."There's a viral disease spreading through town and no one seems to be able to treat it so I thought that I could try to help."

Silence.

"Ma?"

"Oh my god. What made you change your mind?" My eardrums were given violently attacked by her high pitched voice. I clicked on the loudspeaker icon and sat the phone down on the table.

"Who changed my mind?" Was the right question, but I did not correct her for I knew she would never leave me be after knowing of my amber-eyed friend.

"The hospital here doesn't have the latest tech and neither the personnel to manage the outbreak soon to come. And Theresa seems to be infected; I am at the hospital right now."

"Oh my, is she okay? Are John and Margaret with you?"

"She's stable, but there' no improvement and yes they are with me. In fact they are discreetly staring at me right now." I waved at them and by the looks of it I knew they had come up with some weird explanation for what I told them.

"Okay. Do you want me come? I will ask your dad to take care of work."

"There's no need. You two must be busy and I can look after myself well." I tried to sound confident but she didn't buy it.

"I lack trust when it comes to you." I know, I found myself agreeing. "But you should call me if anything goes wrong even in the slightest. And I believe you would want raw materials."

I completely forgot about that. "Yes I need them. I will message you the ingredients. And you know the hospital authorities aren't just going let me do whatever I like. But don't do anything too over the top like buying the hospital I don't want that kind of attention"

"Your father and I will deal with them; you only worry about how you can help them." I suddenly pictured my mom wearing a black prada and cool dark shades while petting a snow white cat which she doesn't own.

"Are you and Dad the leaders of some Mafia?" I joked, but her angered reply almost made me throw up my coffee.

"I remember telling you not read from my journal!"

My world as it is suddenly turned, and it reverted back just as quickly when she laughed. "Mom!" I yelled, attracting the attention of many who were enjoying their meal.

"I am sorry, just message me as soon as possible and don't let yourself end up bedridden."

"Okay Madam and please don't let Knight know anything about this." I pleaded knowing my brother to be overprotective. "I won't." She promised, but we both knew she was bad at keeping secrets. I might have well as called him and took a bail.

"And mom."

"Mhmm."

"You are the coolest."

"Are you sure this not about the adventure sports." The smile I had own withered. "Geez Ma, no. It has absolutely nothing to do with any of this" I wanted tempted to bang my head with the phone I held.

"Anyways, how are you going to get the patients take your medicine?" That's a good question.

"Leave that to me, I am very persuasive."

Very persuasive indeed. I have lost count of the number of people who looked at me like I was crazy.

But they could not be blamed.

A teenage girl with wild hair suddenly appears and tells you that she is very good with plants. And then goes on to claim that she can cure the disease which the doctors are finding hard to diagnose.

Very persuasive indeed.

I was met with judgmental gazes when my parents called the hospital and using their influence persuaded them to give me a chance under the strict conditions that the medicine would be administered only under the patients consent, and the hospital would not be held responsible for any injuries of infection hence caused.

If it weren't for the fact that my parents owned and managed a chain of international hospitals and medical stores, I doubt this could have been possible.

"What's your name?" A pale hand grabbed onto mine with strength. Her grey eyes dulled with time searched mine with recognition.

"Elizabeth Airlea"

"Are you related to Scarlett Airlea?" She inquired with curiousness and was helped up to sit upright by her middle aged daughter.

"I am her great-granddaughter," I replied, wondering whether she knew my Nana.

Her tone grew softer and her smile brighter as she said with great certainty. "Then I would love to test that medicine of yours."

My feet skipped off the ground, finding my smile matching hers as I ran out to find Margret.

One step at a time right? Hades.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

205 32 28
Meet 20 - year old Athena Carter, a small town American girl turned Oxford Nanny with good grades, determination, and a rough past, England bound for...
316 13 11
An Enemies to Lovers Story A young bartender meets two strangers in his bar. He is drawn towards them but is just as wary. On the other hand, his sis...
36.7K 1.7K 86
"Jealous?" "Why would I be?" "Because I know your fantasies." He argued. I leaned closer to him, smelling his overwhelming scent. "And I'm appalled...
287K 10.4K 15
After that I only wore black. Black like the charred remains of everything I had once loved, black like the smoke billowing into the sky as my tears...