After that I only wore black.
Black like the charred remains of everything I had once loved, black like the smoke billowing into the sky as my tears cut tracks through the black soot coating my face, and black like the little puppy that was squirming in my arms afterward, the only piece of my old life I had left.
Four years ago, Nico's life was perfect. He had two loving parents, a caring older sister, and a beautiful house in Italy. Then a fire started in their house and everything Nico loved crumbled along with the walls and family photos. Now, Nico and his dad live in America with Nico's step mom and sister, but Hades is almost never home and Nico has hardly smiled since the fire. Maybe the boy who just moved in across the street can help him bring a stop to the relentless bullying Nico has been dealing with for two years, and maybe he can teach him to smile again in the process.
- the playlist for this is linked in my bio -
- It'd Better Be Black
- Drastically Optimistic, Hopelessly Innocent, or Extremely Blind
- I Become A Deranged Barbie Doll
- It Was Supposed To Hurt
- Going-To-A-Funeral Attire
- Confusion Is The First Step In Understanding
- Our Face Is Just A Show
- Off Kilter
- The Tempo Of The Universe
- Words and Thoughts and Beautiful, Dreadful Things
- And So I Thought
- Oh, Hush
- Dissonance of Mind