Little Things

By sbubz1

Busy schedules and fear broke them apart. One little thing brought them back together. More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Epilogue
6K!!!
110K

Chapter 40

3.5K 70 15
By sbubz1

That Saturday afternoon, I drove Harry to my parents' house. Allie was really excited that Harry was taking her to homecoming. I was excited for her.

Harry and I still weren't really talking. I knew that he was truly sorry for keeping why Griffin was arrested from me, but I was hurt. Harry and I have always had a very honest relationship. Him keeping this from me tainted that.

"Sara," Harry said. I hummed in response, keeping my eyes on the road. "Have I told you how sorry I am?"

"Yep," I replied curtly.

"Damn it, Sara!" he shouted. "Talk to me for god's sake! I know you're hurt and angry and upset, but you can't just shut me out."

"You kept something from me, Harry! We don't keep things from each other. Especially things like one of us being beaten and sent to the hospital with absolutely no memory of the incident," I snapped.

"I don't keep things from you, but you've kept things from me," he retorted.

"Oh, like what?"

"Being pregnant, for starters. Griffin in general. Your old habits."

"I was scared of telling you any of that! I didn't want you to leave me."

"Don't you get it, Sara? I'm never going to leave you. I'm so in love with you. I love you, including your flaws and your past. Nothing could ever make me leave you."

"If I hadn't been pregnant, would you have come back?" I asked.

"Yes, I would've. Nothing made sense without you. Life was boring," Harry answered.

"I don't think you would've come back. You're just saying that so I won't be mad anymore."

Harry groaned in frustration and I rolled my eyes. This conversation was going nowhere. Harry and I were both very stubborn, and neither of us liked to admit when we were wrong. Should I have kept my pregnancy from Harry? Of course not. But we'd moved past that. Or at least I had.

"I'm not the only person who kept this from you," Harry reminded me harshly.

"So that makes it okay? You're in the clear now because my parents kept it from me too? They'll be hearing about this, just like you are," I scoffed. Harry frowned and stayed silent. We didn't speak for the remainder of the car ride. I was very thankful that Madison was watching Elizabeth because I'd never want to fight with Harry in front of her. I never wanted to fight with Harry period. But sometimes that's the only way for us to solve things.

We tried to mask our tension once we got to my parents house. Harry acted as if nothing was wrong.

"Allie's almost ready," my mom told Harry as we sat down in the living room. He smiled at my mom in response. He was a great actor. No wonder he got cast in a Christopher Nolan film.

Allie came downstairs a few minutes later. She had on a blue fit and flare dress with a jeweled bodice and illusion neckline. Her ash brown hair cascaded down her back in a waterfall of curls and her makeup made her gray eyes pop.

"You look amazing, Allie," I said, giving her a hug.

She smiled as she replied, "Thank you."

Harry and Allie took a few pictures together on the stairs and outside in the yard. Harry's shirt matched Allie's dress and was unbuttoned at the top, exposing the two swallows under his collarbones. He looked very handsome. But I was still mad.

As Harry and Allie were leaving, Harry took my hand in his and said, "You know how much I love you, right?"

"I know, Harry. I love you too. I'm just angry and hurt," I replied with a sigh.

"We'll finish our discussion from the car later. Don't be too hard on your parents, love."

"Have fun with Allie."

Harry kissed my cheek and half smiled at me. He took the Range Rover to bring Allie to her dance. After they both left my parents and I ate some dinner.

"Can I ask you both something?" I asked, setting down my fork.

"Of course. Is everything okay?" my mom replied.

"Why didn't either of you tell me that Griffin got arrested because he'd beaten me almost to death?" I demanded. Both of my parents went pale. They looked like two deer caught in headlights.

"Harry told you," my mom finally said, staring blankly at me.

"Yeah, he did. After keeping it from me for a month," I snapped.

"Sara, we didn't want to worry you," my dad explained.

"So you thought that lying to me was the solution?" I exclaimed, exasperated. "You told me that I'd been in a bike accident!"

"We're sorry, Sara," my mom said, reaching for my hand. I snatched it away from her.

"You've been lying to me for six years, and you got Harry involved by telling him, which hasn't been great for us."

"Sara, honey, we're sorry. We should've told you," Mom said. She looked like she was going to cry. I was too. How could they lie to me? These are my parents, the people who had instilled honesty in me my entire life.

And Harry. How could he keep this from me? If he'd told me as soon as he'd heard, I wouldn't have been angry with him. But he decided to keep it from me, just like my parents.

"Sara, we know you're angry and hurt, but we love you. Please don't shut us out again," Dad pleaded.

"I'm going to keep you in my life for Elizabeth's sake," I spat. "But I don't think I'll be able to trust either of you the way I used to." My parents nodded in understanding.

After a few awkwardly quiet and tense hours, Harry and Allie came back.

"How was it?" I asked.

"Amazing!" Allie exclaimed. "Jack was going crazy, he was so jealous."

"I was glad that I could help," Harry said with a laugh. We said our goodbyes and I drove us home.

"I talked to my parents," I finally said. Harry raised his eyebrows.

"What did you say to them?" he asked me.

"I expressed how hurt and angry I was. I told them that I can't trust them as much anymore," I replied.

"What about me?"

"I don't know, Harry. It's different with you because you knew for a month, not six years. And you're my fiancé and the love of my life."

Harry nodded and said, "I love you, Sara. And I'm sorry. I just want us to be okay again, even if I've got to earn back your trust. I'll spend the rest of my life earning it back if that's what it takes."

"I forgive you," I whispered, just loud enough for Harry to hear. He smiled at me which I returned. We swung by Madison's apartment to pick up Elizabeth. It was 1am when I pulled into the driveway. Harry put Elizabeth to bed and came into our bedroom. I was already in a t-shirt and in bed. Harry took a quick shower and hopped into bed next to me. He put an arm around me and I laid my head on his chest.

"I love you," he said, kissing my head. "Always."

"I love you, too, Harry," I replied. "How was the dance?"

"Despite feeling old, I had a good time. Allie's pretty popular."

"What was Jack's reaction when you walked in?"

Harry chuckled and replied, "He was shocked to say the least. His date left him because he couldn't stop staring at Allie." I laughed, imagining the scenario in my head.

"It would've been better with you there," Harry admitted.

"We'll have our dance in March," I reminded him while yawning.

"Oh, yeah, we're getting married, aren't we?"

"Yeah, I think so."

"Do you still want to marry me?"

"Only if you want to marry me."

Harry laughed and so did I. We eventually fell asleep in each other's arms. Even after fighting, I still loved him. I loved how willing he was to work to earn back my trust. He was nothing short of amazing.

A/N:

Hello, get ready for the next 10 chapters a lot is gonna go down I've got SO many ideas. Thank you for reading this, please comment and vote!! No one comments or votes :')

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 24 26
1.3M 16.6K 59
*COMPLETED*
1K 17 9
Ella and Lina are on a trip of a lifetime.