ODDITY ⇆ DOCTOR WHO

Por lukesmissinghand

In which the stars give two sorrowful children each other. [ONGOING, UNDERGOING EDITTING] [7/30/19] [RANKED #... Más

O D D I T Y
act I
0.1 | M.M
0.3 | M.M
0.4 | S.J.S
0.5 | S.J.S
0.6 | S.J.S
0.7 | T.S.C
0.8 | T.S.C
0.9 | T.S.C
0.10 | G.L
0.11 | G.L
0.12 | G.L
0.13 | D.O.M
0.14 | D.O.M
0.15 | E.O.D
0.16 | E.O.D
0.17 | E.O.D
0.18 | L.E
0.19 | L.E
0.20 | L.E
0.21 | L.E
0.22 | 42
0.23 | 42
0.24 | H.N.
0.25 | H.N.
0.26 | F.O.B
0.27 | HOME
0.28 | HOME
0.29 | UT.
0.30| T.S.O.D
0.31 | T.L.O.T.L
act II
0.32 | A.N.D
0.33 | E.M
0.34 | E.M
0.35 | P.I.C
0.36 | P.I.C
0.37 | P.I.C
0.38 | F.O.P
0.39 | F.O.P
0.40 | F.O.P
0.41 | F.O.P
0.42 | F.O.P
0.43 |K.D.
0.44 | K.D
0.45 | K.D
0.46 | P.O.T.O
0.47 | P.O.T.O
0.48 | P.O.T.O
0.49 | P.O.T.O
0.50 | T.G.E.F
0.51 | T.G.E.F
0.52 | T.G.E.F

0.2 | M.M

14.7K 484 205
Por lukesmissinghand

  MARTIAN MAN  〗

               BRION LABORATORIES HAD PEAKED the Doctor's interest. Not in any 'aliens plotting to take over Earth' kind of way, but rather it just simply seemed interesting. Sure, he knew that he probably knew much more than some than some human scientists who still couldn't piece together that aren't truly alone in the universe. But he enjoyed seeing humanity's progress towards that realization.

Maybe that's why he enjoyed humans so; they were a clean slate compared to every other race. Every other race had relations to uphold, horrid wars, and ancient customs they had to respect or they would be punished with a much feared or else. Humanity however was much different.

Humanity was constantly evolving to every issue presented. Whether the issue require a new piece of technology, or an entire rewrite of their biological build up, humanity seemed to over come it, and revert back to that same Time-Lord mimicking shape after the problem was solved. And that simply amazed the Doctor, while others would argue if you placed him next to every human he would still appear to be a god. Many told him the humans would envy him to the ends of time because of how superior the time lords had been.

    Sometimes he felt like he envied humanity just for having each other.

So, the Doctor decided to pay Brion a visit. Just see how many strides it had made for humanity.

         The Doctor stood before the large white building, looking upwards and studying it. He looked back towards the glass doors and opened them. The Doctor walked inside, doing a quick spin around once inside to get a feel for the place.

         "Wow!" He cried, observing the rather beautiful architecture. He turned around to face the front desk, and continued to marvel at it all. He stopped before the desk, and smiled at Lee behind it. Lee looked to him, eyes wearing the same blank stare they always did.

        "Hello." He simply greeted, the word rolling off his tongue flatly.

           "Hello there." The Doctor greeted, his voice its usual chipper tone. He gave Lee a grin, resting a arm on the desk and patting his hand.

           "So, I heard about Brion, got curious and thought I'd pop on by. Do you-"

          "Sir, I must ask you to leave. At Brion, we do not allow anyone who is not a Brion employee to view anything." Lee , interrupted. His tone remained monotone and cold, eyes staring up at the Doctor with a rather annoyed look in them. The Doctor's face morphed from one of excitement to one of confusion.

           "No one at all? And why is that? Typically places like this offer tours and such not."  The Doctor frowned deeply. Lee's expression did not falter; he didn't sigh or roll his eyes like most would. The Doctor even swore he hadn't seen the man do as much as blink yet.

         "Brion Laboratories is very private and does not want any of our research slipping out into the general public via people like you. Now, leave." Lee spat, his monotone voice only breaking now; his voice rising in tone to sound more angry and almost commanding.

         The Doctor stuffed his hands into his pockets, eyes studying Lee closely. He took note of how drained of, well anything Lee appeared to be. How he just looked completely emotionless and grey. He kept his eyes on Lee as he turned away from the obviously emotionally void man, and took slow strides out the doors again. He stopped right outside the doors once they shut softly behind him, turning to take a glance back inside over his shoulder. Lee's eyes cut daggers into his back.

'Mental note; come back later. Much later.' He thought to himself, before turning to walk down the street, and towards the blue box he had neatly tucked in a alley way.

          It was at this point the Doctor's interest in Brion shifted to 'aliens trying to take over Earth' curiosity.

___________

         THE TICKING OF THE CLOCK became her only friend in the hours that passed her by. Page after page, word after word, letter after letter, Valarie worked on. Deciphering codes and arranging notes of things that started to no longer make sense to her.

She started to falter, eyes beginning to strain and hands becoming sore from the constant writing and organizing. Valarie leaned back in her chair, rubbing her hands into her eyes and finally rewarding herself with a small break. She then stretched her arms upwards, and let a rather loud groan slip past her lips. She rolled her head back, several small pops echoing in her body as her neck popped.

          Valarie let her head fall limp backwards, lose hair draping over the back of the chair as her legs pushed forward in their own stretch. She turned her head, eyeing the clock hanging above the door.

        12:06 AM

            Valarie rolled her head back again, a yawn forcing its way out of her throat. Her attention was quickly snagged when the cellphone on the table began to vibrate, screen illuminated by the picture of a man and a name.

    'MARTY HARTLEY'

         A smile stretched her lips as she leaned forward and scooped the phone up. She answered the call, bringing the phone to her ear.

        "Hello, McFly." Valarie teased into the phone, the edges of her lips curving upwards into a grin. She glanced around the room. Her eyes rested back on the notes she studied before.

     "Isn't it my favorite star girl? How have you been? I haven't really bothered texting or calling anyone much since I left last week." Marty responded, his voice the usual chipper ands happy. Valarie had never seemed to find a dull moment when she was around Marty. Perhaps that was why the last few weeks seemed to be absolutely draining to her.

"I know you haven't. It's just been me, decoding this stuff and organizing for a week!" Valarie fussed, a tinge of joy still in her voice as she did. Her lips still held a smile.

" 'S not my fault! You know how Jane gets if I spend too much time on the phone!" Marty defended, his voice rising in volume. Valarie laughed.

"Sure, lets blame Jane." Valarie responded, eyes rolling and her tone very playful and mocking. She turned the chair to face the large marker board on the wall, her eyes now fluttering to find something more interesting than the chicken scratch on the papers before her.

"Well, what 'ave you been up too?" Marty questioned, a faint shout sounding from his end of the line.

" 'S Valarie, Jane! Honest!" He shouted back, his voice growing farther from the phone. It then closed back in. "Sorry, Jane." She began to laugh, her head rolling back to observe the odd light fixtures above her.

"It's fine, Marty. I got stuck with a late night tonight, after Jekyll was rather cold to me. So it's just me, in Brion all alone except for the clock's ticking and maybe a few spiders."

"You know, I've been meaning to talk to you 'bout that. Haven't you gotten a weird, I dunno, feeling lately?" Marty asked, his chipper tone faltering to something more serious. Valarie frowned, turning her chair back to the desk and playing with a small bobble head she had on it. It had been a gift from her face; a alien bobble head. She watched the large, cartoonish green head bounce up and down at her slightest tap.

"Apart from today, no. Their old scientists, Marty. They are all a little odd...."she trailed off, pulling her free arm from the bobble head and grasping her other arm, which she used as support on the desk. "...and ornery? I'm not sure what you mean." Valarie sighed, her eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"I mean- well I'm not sure what I mean. But if I was you tonight, I'd keep my eyes peeled. That place just gives me bad vibes." Marty mumbled. He began to speak again, but the connection seemed to start breaking up, and his voice began to only come in fragments.

"Marty? Marty, I can't understand you." Valarie looked up, her eyes watching a window on the door- much like a state school rooms door. The hallway seemed dark, only some lights from exit signs and other rooms were the lights remained on illuminating it.

A silhouette glided across the window, before it seemed to backtrack and barely look on. The shadows casting from the frame around the window made it impossible to tell anything about the figure who watched Valarie.

"Hello?" Valarie called, pushing herself out of the chair which slowly rolled away from her, from the sudden force of her legs pushing it back. The silhouette's head quickly ducked out of frame, aware it had just been caught.

"Val......going........you........okay?" Marty's fragmented voice called, obviously worried from her sudden actions and call to something he couldn't see.

"Marty, you're breaking up. Listen, I think someone is in Brion. And if they steal anything, it's coming from my pay check. Bye." Valarie quickly spoke, and hung the phone up before tossing it back on the desk. She yanked open a drawer; several items clanging together in it. She grabbed the round, grey metallic flashlight she kept stored in case of a power outage.

Valarie closed the desk and began to slowly approach the door, holding the flashlight in more of a threatening stance in case whatever she saw lurking waited just outside for her

"Listen, I saw you! No point in hiding anymore! Now, just come on out." Valarie cried, her voice somewhat trembling. Naturally, she would've assumed a prank. But Brion was such a stiff environment, she knew it was anything but.

Valarie sucked in a deep breath, built her bravery up, and grabbed the door handle. She gently turned it, opening the door far enough she could peek her head out. Nothing.

       Valarie frowned. She could have sworn she saw someone right outside the door. Valarie looked down to the flashlight she clutched in hand, and pressed the button, turning it on. She waved the light around the hall, nothing looming in the shadows.

      Valarie finally found it in herself to open the door more, taking a quiet step into the corridor.

    "Listen, this isn't funny." Valarie called as she began to slowly walk down the hall. She shined the light over every knock and cranny; somewhat petrified of who or what could be lurking in the shadows, just waiting to pounce on her.

It also didn't help that Valarie was fully aware if something attacked her she wouldn't be able to fight it off. She was small, slim and only five foot two. Her only real defense was the metal flash light in her hands, which she was gripping for dear life.

Valarie followed down the corridor, constantly turning and peering as it felt like the darkness caved in around her, her only form of sight in the flashlight.

Suddenly, up ahead to the left, the sound of something crashing and falling startled her. Valarie stopped, somewhat fearful of what could lurk around the corner.

She took a deep breath, and readied herself into position; holding the flashlight in a position to first see what lurked around the corner, then to strike it with the flash light. Her other hand was balled into a fist, ready to strike with it as well. She gathered her courage, and made a quick move around the corner. She shined the light on whatever stood there, and raised her fist high.

"Oi, oi, oi!" a voice quickly cried. Valarie froze, hand raise still, as she stared at whatever spoke.

Before her stood a man, both hands partially raised and a mixture of shock and worry she might actually hit him written on his face. His brown eyes were large and he stood in a semi-crouched position, appearing smaller than Valarie. He slowly stood, hands still raised. Once he stood at a full height, it was obvious he towered over Valarie.

"Who are you?" Valarie finally asked, shattering the silence that grew between the both equally shocked people. The man's eyes flickered between hers and the flashlight she held in a threatening position.

"If you put that down, I'll tell you." His face was full of concern. Her eyes flickered between the flashlight, and the man. The way he appeared actually nervous seemed to be convincing enough, so she slowly lowered it.

"Who are you?" She asked again, voice more stern and commanding of the stranger. He brought his hands down, running them over the brown and white stripped jacket, straightening it, and dropping his hands. He smiled.

"I'm The Doctor!" He replied, a grin stretching his face. His optimism seemed rather odd to Valarie. Then again, when she pictured the intruder, she pictured a man in all black who was tough, covered in tattoos and muscles, and called himself 'Flamo' or something.

She didn't expect a man who was dressed in a suit, clean cut, except for some slight stumble and hair that was ruffled beyond belief, and called himself 'The Doctor'. Valarie cocked a eyebrow.

"Doctor who?" She asked, not really believing that some weirdo who was intruding was a Doctor of anything. The 'Doctor' grinned wildly, rocking back on his heels for a second and shoving his hands in his pockets.

"Oh, I do love that." He cooed, looking off for a moment, as if he was remembering something. Valarie watched his reaction. She believed him to be mad after the odd response she got. The Doctor's eyes trailed back to her, and he snapped out of the brief daze.

"Doctor. Just the Doctor." He nodded, and cracked a new smile at the smaller woman.

"Okay...."Valarie slowly replied as her eyes trailing over him. She slowly stepped back, raising a hand and motioning for him to follow. Once he began to walk towards her, she turned and walked down the corridor back towards the room she had been in previously.

"So," The Doctor began, catching up to walk side by side with her, "how long have you worked at Brion?" He questioned, turning his head to look at her. She kept her eyes forward.

"Well, that's not really something you tell intruders." Valarie replied, still determined the Doctor had arrived for nothing good. She made mental plans to contact the police once they arrived back in the lab.

"Oh," he groaned, rolling his head back and letting it fall back to look at her, "you and I both know I'm not the kind of intruder to do anything harmful." He grinned.

"But you admit you are an intruder?"

The Doctor fell silent. He turned his head forward, swallowing hard. Valarie tried her best to not grin, having found satisfaction in out smarting him. She looked down, smiling to herself.

    The Doctor looked back at her, licked his lip and shook her head at the remark.

     "So," he began, trailing around to the front of her. He bent his head forward, squinting as read the name badge around her neck.

    "So, Valarie-lovely name, by the way- how long have you worked here?" He asked. He continued his walk backwards, slowly trailing back to her side. Valarie watched him. Valarie let silence fall, debating if she should give him any type of information. After a period of silence, and him awkwardly staring at her waiting for a reply, she spoke.

     "Two months." She responded, pausing before the door of the lab she had previously sat in. She pulled it open, switching the flashlight off and stepping out of the way for The Doctor to walk in. She pulled the door to, as he took a moment to look around. He marveled at the large room. Valarie simply pushed past, moving back to her desk and pulling the drawer open. She tossed the flashlight back inside and shut it, then reached back for the chair she had sat in and took a seat.

The Doctor glanced to her. He quickly moved to pull a chair from a empty table, and dragged it to in front of her desk. He then sat down, and kicked s leg back, balancing it on his other knee.

Valarie's eyes darted to him, and he cracked her another smile. She quickly looked back down, and began to examine her notes again. Suddenly, her cell phone vibrated and turned on. A text message displayed itself across the screen.

MARTY HARTLY
"Val?! Please answer me Val!"

Valarie sighed, setting the notes down and picking the phone up. Underneath the text notification was several others; all missed calls and text messages from Marty. Valarie quickly began her reply back.

As Valarie typed, the Doctor took interest in the notes. He leaned forward in his chair, one hand scooping some up and another tugging a pair of glasses from his pocket. He put them on, and began to examine the cryptic coding and chicken scratch on the papers. Valarie's eyes darted to him.

"Is there a problem?" He asked after the two stared back at each other. Valarie let a stifled laugh out, and shook her head. She continued her message to Marty.

"Yes, I'm fine. Some odd guy was lurking out. claims his name is 'The Doctor' and says he's 'not that type of intruder.'

"Wow...sounds weird. Does he look threatening? If you need me to get the police down there Val I will, but you have to let me know."

"No, I think I can handle it. Kinda scared him when I nearly hit him with a flashlight. He seemed generally harmless though."

"I haven't seen this kind of writing in ages." The Doctor mumbled. He knew what he was reading, but the language was something he had not seen in such a long time.

"What do you mean?" Valarie asked, eyebrows furrowed as she still held her phone in hand. The Doctor's eyes darted up to her.

"This." he flipped the paper, pointing to what Valarie and Marty referred to as 'scientist speak'. She bit her lip as she examined it.

"This is very old." He informed her. Valarie simply shrugged.

"I just assumed it was a funny way of writing." She replied, her eyes flickering from the paper to him.

"Last time I saw this," he pulled the paper back to himself to observe it some more, ", I was a different me."

"What, like spiritually?" Valarie teased, her tone light and playful. The Doctor's eyes darted to her.

         "No, I actually meant that quite literally. I was a completely different man, face and all." The Doctor motioned to his face, his tone completely serious. Valarie sat back down a moment, eyebrows furrowed in confusion and mouth open, the edges of her lips curved into an unbelieving smile. She looked back down to her phone, and typed Marty a new message.

     "This guy is off his rocker!!!!!"

_________

part two is up yee
I planned on Martian man only being two parts but this got lengthy so I decided to cut it to three and THEN we will get into actual series 3 episodes with smith and jones being first so Martha is coming soon

two updates in a row haaa

I actually didn't proof-read like I should've cause it's 1:40 AM where I live and just ignore mistakes or inform me on them so I can fix them thx or I may take this chapter down in the morning lol

Still kinda boring but hey we got good old ten in and such so that's when u know some aliens are about to start messing crap up

p.s the break in the page is also a time lapse, when ten talks to Lee its around the time Val shows up to work and then after the break it's Val just a little past midnight

So yeah

Thanks for Reading!

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

8.5K 168 14
'The Great Star' a title passed down to Celestia Andromeda when she was just a young child, and since then all she has ever seen was darkness. While...
8.1K 345 15
EDITED COMPLETE Doctor Who Series One The Doctors Daughter
2.2K 135 16
He is just a man with a box. A man with a terrible past. The one who has saved so many from a terrible fate now needs saving himself. Who will save t...
78K 2.6K 115
Being alone is not so bad. It's when the loneliness kicks in that you realise how scared you are. You try to fill the void with all the friends you c...