Quiet || hs

By uniqueboys

In which a quiet girl trying to get through her last year of high school by avoiding all conflict in her scho... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
68
Q&A
69
70
71
72
73
74
75

67

86.7K 2K 6.2K
By uniqueboys

A couple days pass and I was still stuck in Mrs. White's class. My counselor hasn't talked to me about anything yet. Alec drops me off early again. I pass the boys basketball team in the gym, reaching Harry's office and I hear laughter in there. I knock and it stops, so I just walk in. Harry stood there shirtless with someone playing with a ball in the back.

"Coach, I was just wondering-" I pause and my eyes meet with the familiar ones. "Niall?" I smile widely.

"Rylee!" Niall calls me loudly and comes to hug me. "This is so crazy! Isn't this crazy?"

I laugh, pulling away from him. "How have you been?"

Harry coughs behind us and we turn to see how confused he looked. We start laughing and Niall puts his arm around me, facing Harry.

"I met her in California." Niall tells him. "She was sitting in the park alone and everything went on from there."

"You went up to Rylee and just started talking." Harry walks behind his desk, lifting up a duffle bag and sets it on the desk. "I was her coach and she barely wanted to talk to me in the beginning, even now." he says, digging through his bag.

Niall jumps then pulls his phone out. "Hey, Liam is here. I'll be right back."

Niall rushes out of the office leaving me alone with Harry. I observe the room and notice the blanket and pillow on the couch. Also, the bag he was digging in was full of clothes.

"Did you want something?" Harry asks, covering his bag.

"Uh yeah," I nod, still looking around his office. "Did you talk to my counselor? I don't think I can get another failing grade from Mrs. White and not scream at her. She really can't teach-"

"I talked to him." Harry shrugs, pulling a button up on then walks over to the couch. "He said he would talk to you and Mrs. White about it."

"Well, he hasn't."

"I can't control that, Rylee." he snaps, dropping the blanket he was folding. "I talked to him like you wanted and that's all I can do for now."

"I-I'm sorry." I cross my arms to hold myself.

"No," he breathes out heavily, sitting on the couch and rubs his face stressfully. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have snapped at you like that." he leans back with his shirt still unbuttoned. He throws his head back, closing his eyes then spoke again. "But I did talk to him."

"Okay, thank you." I nod, standing in the same spot awkwardly. "Harry,"

He lifts his head up and looks at me. Then he stands up to button up his shirt. "I have an important meeting soon, so if you don't mind." he gestures the door, but I don't move.

"Are you living in your office?" I ask.

His eyes meet mine and he bites his lip. "She kicked me out for the night." he tells me. "But only for the night, so don't worry."

"I'm not worried." I shake my head. "I was just wondering."

We stare at each other and he steps closer to me. This time I actually don't back away. He stood so close to me that my head was tilted back to look up at him. My stomach flutters when I look into those green eyes. His hands hesitate to touch me, but they land on my waist. We immediately jump away from each other when the basketball team runs past. He spins in circled, going to sit at his desk. He scratches his head, pretending nothing had happened.

"Yeah, it's about twenty minutes out of the city." Niall spoke, walking into the office with coach Payne. "Do you think Zayn will come?"

"He's been distant, but maybe." Coach Payne shrugs. "Then it could be a celebration for three." he says then his eyes land on me. "Rylee, strange seeing you here."

"Oh Rylee," Niall walks up to me. "Do you want to come to out with us Saturday night?"

"No," Harry and coach Payne say in unison, but Harry's was much louder.

"We can't bring a student out for drinks." Coach Payne shakes his head then frowns. "How do you know Rylee?"

"She's a friend of mine." Niall tells him. "And you won't be bringing a student if she's with me."

"It's not a good idea, Niall." Harry says, standing up. "I don't want her hanging out with drunk people."

"Wait." Coach Payne says, looking from his phone. "Zayn says he's in."

"Rylee, do you want to?" Niall looks at me with that begging look. "You don't have to drink. I won't drink so I can watch after you. I mean, you could drink if you want to."

"That's a lie." Coach Payne laughs. "You're going to want to drink, Niall."

My eyes switch between the boys. Niall really wanted me to, coach Payne looked as if he was considering it, and Harry was a complete no.

"I could maybe bring Monique along." I suggest. "I'm sure she'll want to."

"That's worse." Harry groans.

"Harry, she's my friend. You don't have to worry about her or getting in trouble. We can all say they were with me and you didn't even know." Niall argues.

"Technically, Monique and Rylee aren't my students." Coach Payne shrugs. "And technically, I'm not official at this school."

"Are you really considering this, Liam?" Harry glares at him. "They're underage and students."

"How old are you, Rylee?"

"Eighteen."

"What?" Harry shakes his head.

"My birthday was in January." I tell him. "Close to Zayn's, remember? I told you." I say and he thinks about it.

"Look that's four to celebrate." Niall says getting hyped. "Harry, I'll ride in with the two." Niall plans. "You can go with the other boys."

"Zayn will probably want to ride with Rylee." Coach Payne points out. "Did you know they dated?" he nudges Niall then his eyes widen. "I was surprised when I found out too." he chuckles.

"What?" Niall gasps. "See you don't have anything to worry about them because Zayn could probably look out for them. There's so many people who can watch after them."

"I do have to worry because I really don't want anything to happen to the two."

"Harry, we're all in." Niall argues. "If you're not then you don't have to come. We can celebrate the three birthdays."

"We're celebrating birthdays?" I frown.

"Yeah, we're going out to celebrate the birthdays that had past." Niall tells me. "If Harry wasn't so stubborn."

"Your birthday past too?" I ask Harry and he nods. He actually never told me his. We just talked about mine and what we would've done.

"It was yesterday." he says lowly, looking away. "Whatever fine, but you need to really keep an eye on them."

"Don't put all your trust on Niall." Coach Payne speaks up. "I'll watch out for them."

"I'll talk to Monique then."

Zayn rode with us as coach Payne predicted. Monique was excited the whole ride. She couldn't believe the two were letting us come. It was really Harry who didn't want us, but he couldn't fight against Niall and coach Payne. Out of everyone, I didn't expect coach Payne to accept this plan.

We step out of the car and Zayn intertwines our hands. I grab ahold of Monique's hand and Niall leads us into the club. The music bursted loudly through the place. Niall was texting on his phone as he looked around. Zayn pulls me and Monique closer to him, so we walked in front of him. Soon, Harry emerges from the crowd and smiles widely when he sees us. He pulls Niall into a long hug then came to me. He pulls me into a tight hug then talks into my ear.

"You smell good, babe."

Harry smirks at me then moves to hug Monique. Zayn grabs him and accepts the hug that Harry wad giving. They talk into each other's ear and end up laughing then Harry keeps his hold on Zayn as he leads us through the club.

"Coach already had a lot." Monique says to me, laughing.

We stop at a seated area where coach Payne sat with a few others. Niall makes his way to my side and Zayn greets the other people.

"This is Louis Tomlinson, his sister, her boyfriend and friend." Niall tells us and we shakes hands. "You already know Liam."

"Coach Payne to us." Monique says over the music, causing him to look our way. He comes over and hugs us. "Oh, I was just telling him we know you as coach Payne and not Liam."

He laughs. "Might as well call me Liam." he suggests, keeping his arm around Monique. "I'll be watching after you two all night, so I guess I'll sober up now."

I glance over to see the others taking a shot. Zayn sat next to Louis and they were talking away. I pull Monique to go sit with them. Zayn smiles at me, putting his arm around me. Louis' sister leans over to him and shouts.

"People are still coming, Lou says she's on her." she says and Louis just nods. She looks at me then hands me her drink. "Have some." she offers and I shake my head.

"I'll take it." Monique grabs it then gulps it down.

Zayn sits back and I follow his movement, leaning against him. I cross my legs and he rests his hand on my knee.

"We don't have to stay here if you're not comfortable." he says, glancing at Harry. "I can bring the two of you home."

"No!" Monique whines. "We literally just got here."

Zayn laughs, moving closer to whisper in my ear. "We can head back and Liam will watch out for Monique."

I shake my head now talking in his ear. "I don't want to leave her."

Zayn just nods, patting my knee. My eyes meet with Harry's and they disconnect when Niall pushes past him.

"More shots." he cheers, but goes after the beer that was on the tray. He hands a glass to all of us and I didn't have time to decline. "Ready?"

"I'll take it for you." Zayn says about to grab my glass.

I pull it away. "It's just one. I can do it." I toss my head back and the burning sensation went all the way down. My face twists into disgust from the flavor. "Done." I smile, showing him the empty glass. He gives me an astonished look then takes his own.

"Don't drink too much please." he says, rubbing my back. "Two drinks should be enough."

Niall comes to me and bends down to my level. "What do you want to drink?" he asks. "I'll go get it for you."

Monique jumps in and asks for a drink, so I get what she gets. Zayn leaves with Niall to help him and Monique moves to my other side to talk to Louis. I keep to myself until Harry came back from the crowd. He spots me then laughs to himself. I scoot closer to Monique when he plops down next to me.

"You look beautiful as always." he slurs out, leaning over. "I won't touch you." he raises his hands then puts them in his lap. "But you really do look great."

I just nod, checking my phone to avoid talking to him. Zayn makes it back, handing me my drink and squeezes in between me and Harry.

"Are you okay?" he asks, putting his arm over my shoulders.

"It's fine, he just sat there." I tell him, sipping the fruity drink.

Zayn and I start talking more while our drinks got lower. He shifts then puts his arm around Harry who had droopy eyes. He wraps his arms around Zayn's waist, accidentally touching me. Harry apologizes, patting my hip. Zayn chuckles then grabs his hand and pulls it away.

"Harry, are you good?" Zayn asks him and Harry nods with a frown then laughs. "Do you want to leave?"

Harry pulls away from Zayn and jumps up. He disappears into the crowd again. Niall appears with another round of shots, passing it around. I look over to see coach Payne sitting with new people, drinking bottled water. I finish my drink to chase down the shot then stood up. I follow Niall out into the crowd, but he didn't know. I look back and Zayn wasn't behind me. I call Niall and he twists around. He smiles, putting his arm around me. He tilts over to reach my ear.

"Having fun?" he asks.

I scrunch my nose. "I'll have one more drink then I think I'll head home."

"You just got here." his voice strains over the music.

I check my phone. "An hour has past."

Niall looked very confused. "Really?"

"I don't want to be out too late." I tell him. "Thanks for inviting me out though." I say, giving him a side hug. "We can do this more during the summer in California."

"It won't be the same with just the two of us." he pouts. "Most of all my close friends live here." he says then orders some drinks.

He hands me a couple of beers and holds two bottles in each hand. He leads me back to the group then hands the bottles out. He lets me keep the two I had, so gave the other to Monique.

"Okay, let's sing happy birthday to the birthday people because Rylee will be leaving soon." Niall announces and everyone gasps.

Monique turns to me, hitting my leg. "Why do you want to leave already?"

"We need to head back or Alec will call my dad." I tell her.

"Fuck Alec– and your dad." she says loudly, surprising me. "Tell them you were out celebrating your birthday!"

The group cheers with her and I just laugh. Coach Payne comes back with Harry behind him and he was holding another girl's hand. I kept my eyes on their hands until he let's go. I look up to see he already had his eyes on me.

"Alright, the four of you sit." Niall demands.

Monique moves and Harry takes her spot. Zayn pulls me close to him as we were handed a shot glass. Flashes went off, so I'm assuming someone was taking pictures. The girl Harry came with was taking the picture along with Louis' sister. They start singing over the music. The three boys I sat with were smiling like crazy and laughing. After they were done, Louis was the first to down his shot. I took mine the same time as Harry and Zayn. Everyone cheers, clinking the drinks they had. Even coach Payne put in his bottled water.

The girl Harry brought, sat next to Zayn and they start talking. Harry's hand lands on my knee and he goes to my ear.

"That's Lou, an old friend." he tell me then pulls away to look me in the eyes.

"That's cool." I say nonchalantly.

Harry smirks. "You seemed a little jealous when I brought her here."

"I-I wasn't." I say, scooting away. "Can you keep some space?" I roll my eyes.

Harry shrugs, nodding to the music. Half of the group disappears on the dance floor along with Monique. I finish my beer and Louis hands me another one. He scoots over when Harry leaves.

"Rylee right?" he asks and I nod. "Harry told me about you. He told me everything and what happened." he tells me.

"If you're going to try and convince me to give him another chance, it won't happen."

"No I won't." he laughs then it fades. "What he did was very wrong, but I've never seen him like this. He's going crazy and one day he'll just break down from holding it in." he points at Harry in the crowd. "I'm afraid he'll do something-"

"Don't," I stop him. "You are trying to convince me."

"Well, look at him." Louis demands. "He is hurting. Everything in his life is going downwards. He's having a baby that was not planned and now he's stuck with a wife that treats him like shit."

I nod, watching Harry laugh with Zayn and Monique. "She kicked him out the night of his birthday."

"Because she was angry that he made plans to come out and celebrate without her, but we made these plans when they were separated." Louis tells me.

"She can't come out with a baby on the way anyways." I frown, drinking half the bottle. "Caroline can be a bitch."

"Exactly and he's living with that bitch. Also, he lost his love to a stupid horrible mistake. I was quite upset with him when he told me, but seeing how much he's changed because he's broken. It really got to me."

I rub my head, feeling very dizzy. "I can't go back to him. I'm scared to be alone with him. That's not good at all."

Louis sighs. "I'm not telling you to rush back into a relationship. Just take little steps as friends."

"No, I can't!" I say loudly then laugh, drinking more of the beer. "That will be the stupidest decision."

"I know you still love him." Louis pushes. "You came here to mess with him, didn't you?"

I stay quiet for a moment to think about it. "No," I extend the word a little too long. "I came because my friend, Niall, invited me out."

"You still love him, admit it." he pokes me and laughs.

"Loved." I slur out, resting my head on his shoulder. I close my eyes and all I could see was Harry's face. I start crying a little and Louis notices. "Fine, I miss him. I do miss him and how we were." I give in.

A phone flashes on the table and Louis reaches for it. He faces the screen to me and I squint at the bright light.

"Someone's dad is calling." he says and I snatch the phone away.

The call ends and I see missing calls from Alec. I jump up, pushing past the crowd to exit the building. I step out into the fresh cold air, scrolling through my phone.

"Rylee!" someone calls me. I turn to see Zayn standing against the wall with coach Payne. They both had cigarettes in their hands. "What are you doing? Are you ready to leave?"

"My- my dad was calling." I tell him. "I can't see the stupid keyboard to text him."

Zayn holds the cigarette between his lips then takes my phone. I tilt a bit to look at coach Payne over his shoulder. He stayed standing by the wall, blowing the smoke out.

"Coach!" I call him and his head shoots up. "I didn't know you smoked." I walk over to him and he catches me before I fell.

"You good?" he raises his eyebrows, still holding me up.

"I'm perfect." I smile with my eyes closed. "I might've had more than I planned. I think it was the shots."

"I'll go get Monique and we can head home." he tells me, dropping his cigarette then steps on it. "Stay out here with Zayn."

He walks back inside and Zayn turns about to question him, but it was too late.

"He went to get more water." I lie and he nods.

"We should get you home because your dad seems pissed." he chuckles. "Let's go get Monique, okay?" I shake my head, moving him away. He starts getting more frustrated when I push back, so he just pushes me against the wall. "Do not move from here."

He disappears behind the doors and I stood still. My legs become tired, so I slowly slide down against the wall. Before I could sit all the way, someone grabs my arms and pulls me up.

"I'm tired." I mumble out, looking up at the person. I gasp, but fell forward against him. "Harry, I'm tired."

He shushes me, keeping me balanced. "They'll get you home safely. Don't worry, okay."

I slightly pull away, my hands pressed against his chest then I reach up to caress his face. His very pink lips curve into a smirk. I poke his dimple, sliding my hand to the back of his neck. I lift myself up on my toes to whisper in his ear.

"You look very hot tonight." I breathe out and he chuckles. My cheek presses against his until I fall flatly on my feet again. I wrap my arms around him and rest my head on his chest as he sways us calmly. "I miss you." I say softly to myself and he questions it, but I shake my head.

I look up at him with a smile. Harry embraces my face then I shift forward. My lips meet his soft ones and the alcohol lingered onto my tongue. The kiss becomes more intense and I felt like this was another world. Everything that happened left my mind. He pulls away, pressing his forehead against mine. His eyes were closed and he looked as if he was talking to himself. Then he pecks my lips once more before stepping away.

Okay, this one is the longest chapter yet! I hope you enjoy it because 1D REUNION LOL!

Q&A post is on my IG - uniqueboys.ig
Ask more questions and I'll try to answer them tonight after work or tomorrow bc I won't be doing anything at allllll! Good day:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

904 5 18
4.8K 187 26
296K 4K 30
Mia McIntosh was just a student at secondary school with perfect grades... especially in Maths, but only since the most gorgeous man took over as her...
113K 1.5K 32
Raven moves into an apartment with friends and meets Harry Styles. Harry and her grow apart but a year later he becomes her college professor and the...