16

This is the last game I'm sitting out for. It's been a couple weeks since the last game which we won. I sit next to my fellow players who haven't been in the game yet. They were cheering on our team as they were in the lead. I sit back and observe everything. The crowd of the other school looked down from the many fallouts their team had. My eyes then trail to the back of Harry who was pacing back and forth.

The way he was dressed, people probably think he's a student just ordering us around for fun. He was wearing basketball shorts, a black sweater, and Nike shoes with high socks. It was his usual outfit, but for some reason it seems to be more— I can't describe it.

 It was his usual outfit, but for some reason it seems to be more— I can't describe it

"Time out!" the other team's coach calls.

The whistle blows and everyone scatters off the court. The girls gather around Harry, but I stay seated. I was still upset about not playing. There was no point in me being here, but of course they forced me to come.

"You're doing great out there as always." Harry encourages them.

He looks over his shoulder and our eyes connect. Those green eyes quickly disappear as he turns back. He takes a couple players out and puts in new ones. The time was up and the game was started up again. Harry walks over to coach Payne, who was focused on the game. They start talking and I was getting bored. I get up from the seat I've been sitting since the game started and leave the gym. I make it outside with the cold wind blowing from the fall weather.

I climb onto a brick wall nearby and lay on my back. I tug the sleeves of my sweater to cover any skin that was exposed to the air. The stars shine brightly through the tree branches I'm under. I watch a couple leaves fall from the tree and my ears perk up at the sound of the muffled whistle. Next thing, Harry was hovering me as he stood next to the mid-height wall, making me jump.

"You should get back inside." his voice was deep.

"Why?" I ask, sitting up and letting my legs dangle down. "There's no point of me even being here."

"Yes there is," he frowns, looking up at me. "You're here to support and motivate your teammates."

"I could've done that while at home in my bed, snuggling with my dog." I sigh, rolling my eyes. "I-I don't know why I just told you that." I cough lightly from embarrassment.

He chuckles. "You seem like that type of girl."

"What do you me-"

"Never mind with that," he interrupts me. "It's better that you're here instead of at home, in bed, with your dog." he says, smirking.

"You're making fun." I whine softly, nudging his shoulder lightly.

He just laughs and repositions himself closer. His fabric of his sweater brushes against my legs.

"Sorry," he apologizes, shrugging then smiles with his dimples showing. His hands rise from his side and they almost land on my knees, but he catches himself and backs away. "S-sorry– we should head back inside now."