14

"Hustle ladies, hustle." Coach Styles presses on our speed to finish our last rep of blurpees. "Move on to squats." he orders when we finish.

Coach has been working us hard during practice today. He gave us a tough workout and we still have the scrimmage to end the practice. After my tenth squat, my legs give out and I fall back. The pattern of my breath was out of control.

"Co-coach, I can-"

"Get up, Eversteen." he says loudly, not letting me speak. "And restart your count."

I don't even fight with him. I set myself back on my feet and continue my squats. The workout eventually ends and we move on to the scrimmage. All he did was throw criticism out to every player.

When he dismisses the practice, I race to the showers. I moved my date with Brennen to Thursday night because I took a shift for work on Saturday. Monique helps me get ready in the locker room. The others also help by giving me advice for tonight.

"I've been on a date before." I chuckle at the basic advice.

"You have?" Leslie snickers. "Who was it?"

I look up at Monique because she knew. It was something I didn't want to talk about at all. It was the worse mistake of my life.

"None of your business," she speaks for me.

"What? Are you embarrassed?" Leslie fires. "He must've not been all that if you are."

"Shut up, Leslie." Kourtney jumps in. "Leave Rylee alone and let her have her night."

"Thanks." I say softly.

"No problem, have nice time." she says before throwing her gym bag over her shoulder and leaving.

The room clears within twenty minutes and it was just Monique with me.

"I have to go meet my parents at the Ravalon for dinner, but good luck." she says, hugging. "I hope this turns out better than the last."

-

Just minutes later, I meet Brennen out in front of the school. He had just gotten out of practice too.

"Hello there," he grins, walking up to me.

I stand up from the bench I was sitting on and greet him. "Hey, how's it going?"

"Great since I get to spend the night with you." he winks, hanging an arm on my shoulders. "Finally,"

"You're lucky, I just don't go out with anyone."

"I'm glad you gave me the chance." he says, holding his chest.

"Did I have a choice?"

We reach his car and he takes our bags to put it in the trunk. I get into the car and wait for him. I can't believe I'm actually going on a date with a guy I randomly met at a party. This isn't like me.

Brennen drives off and takes us to the nearest cinema. Since it was a school night, we couldn't really do much other than this. This town didn't really have much to do. We'd have to go out of town to do something more fun. Some places are about ten or twenty minutes away. I'm fine with a movie, I'm not that type of girl who expects too much.