35

"He's right." Monique says, tying her hair back. "After your split with Zayn, you did close yourself off to guys."

After the other night, Monique noticed I was a bit off. I had to tell her because I honestly didn't know what to do. She reacted differently than I thought. She was more supportive and understanding than when she first found out.

"I'm just scared." I shrug, keeping my head down to avoid contact with Harry. "Being heartbroken is painful."

"You should really talk to coach- or, uh- Harry about this. From what I could tell, he seemed very genuine about wanting to know you more."

"That's just it, there's nothing to know."

"Yes there is!" she laughs, hitting my arm. "You can tell him more about your family, how much you dislike onions on your burgers, how you can't sleep without Presley by your side– which is why I hate sleeping over because I get stuck on the floor, but this isn't about me." she jokes. "There's plenty you can give him, your favorite tv shows, movie, color, or even your damn shoe size. I'm sure he wouldn't care what you're talking about. He just wants you to open up to him, Rylee."

"I guess you're right." I sigh, looking up to see Harry standing by the bleachers. "I do like him a lot. I hadn't felt this way about a guy since-"

"Zayn." Monique finishes. "He's the past and you need to let him go because it's time to move on. I mean, someone other than our coach and also your math teacher would've been much easier and less weird– like it's beyond–"

"Okay Monique, I get it." I laugh. "It just sort of happened and there's no going back now."

She laughs, lightly bumping into me. "–but if you're happy than go for it then."

We start workouts and all I had on my mind was what I was going to say. I didn't know what I would do to make everything better. Workouts was coming to an end and I still didn't have anything. I was also dying with nerves.

I made my way to first period still thinking. I paced the hall until the warning bell rung. I started moving to class when someone called me. Brennen made it too my side and I greet him.

"So tonight, as friends, maybe we can do something?"

"I'll be busy." I simply say as I spot Harry standing by the classroom door. "I'll text you later."

"Uh, but wai-"

I ignore the rest of what he was going to say and made long strides to Harry. His green eyes meet mine, which made my stomach tingle. He kept his arms crossed when I make it to him.

"Eversteen." his raspy voice made my ears perk up.

"Coach, I have something to talk about." I say then backing away to let the students race into the room as the tardy bell rang. "I-it's about playoffs." I lie.

"Well, it can wait until practice then." he says, gesturing me to go into the classroom, but I shake my head. "Eversteen."

"Harry," I say softly through my teeth.

His eyes widen and he glances into the classroom. He steps away from the door, shutting it.

"What did I say about-"