Harlem Nights | Dave East

By ShardaeWrites

Take a walk with one of the most feared drug dealers to ever roam the streets of New York: David Brewster. Hi... More

2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
Epilogue

1

39.4K 701 166
By ShardaeWrites

Dave

I stood on the corner watching people walk by. I lit my blunt and smoked it. A few people approached me and I sold them what they asked for.

"Yo! Ma looking for you." My brother, Clarence, walked over to me.

"For what?"

He shrugged. "Money probably."

"I just gave her money last week. Didn't you give her a couple hundred too?"

"Yea." He nodded. "Thats moms though."

"I'ma be broke as hell giving her all my profit."

"You gotta chill." Clarence laughed

I walked down the block with Clarence.

"You wanna hit?" I passed the blunt to him

"Nah bro. I'm good."

I smacked my lips. "I forgot. Since you one of them weak ass Instagram models now, you don't want to do shit no more."

"Don't hate me cause I'm blessed. And I'm on the come up nigga. Give me a year and I'll be on every scene."

"That's some lightskin shit right there." I blew smoke from my mouth and jogged up the steps.

I currently live in East Harlem, New York with my mother and little brother. We don't live in the best neighborhood but it ain't the projects so we good. Me or my brother pops ain't around, we got the same mom - different dad.

"Wassup ma. What you need?" I sat at the end of her bed

"I need you to go to Brooklyn to ya aunt's house for me."

"For what?"

"To get a couple things for me."

"Why you couldn't send Clarence?"

"Cause I'm sending you. Now go."

"Aight. I'll be back." I got up and walked out of her room.

I spotted my brother sitting on the couch on FaceTime with a girl.

I walked up behind him and smacked his head. "Come on lil nigga. Let's go."

"The fuck? Yo. You gotta stop doing that. And I'm not going nowhere. Ma said you go not me."

"Hey Ashley." I spoke loud enough for the girl to hear me.

"Chill!" Clarence threw a pillow

"Ashley? Who the fuck is Ashley? You know what? Bye Clarence." The FaceTime call ended

"You so fucking childish." Clarence mugged me

I shrugged and left out of the apartment.

"Yo Dave!" A dude waved me over.

I crossed the street to see what he wanted. "Wassup?"

"You got something on you?"

"What you need?"

He handed me a $20 bill. I took it and nodded. I pulled a bag out my pocket and handed it to him.

"Good looking out."

I walked down 125 ST to get on the A train.

"Wait for me!"

I turned around to see my brother running down the block

"Nah nigga. You said you wasn't coming." I kept walking.

"You fucked up my flow and shit so I might as well go." He caught up to me

"I aint do shit. I thought it was Ashley."

"You know damn well that wasn't her."

I swiped my pass and walked up the stairs, waiting for the train. Luckily, I didn't have to wait too long.

I stepped inside once the doors opened and sat down. I watched as people got on and off the train at different stops.

"Next stop, Chambers Street." A voice filled the train through the speakers.

I sighed. "I hate riding the train. Shit take too long."

"Get a car then." My brother commeneted

"Shut up."

The train came to a stop and everyone but me and my brother got off. I pulled a blunt from behind my ear and lit it.

"Are you crazy? You can't smoke on the train."

"Says who?" I blew smoke towards him and laughed

The train doors were about to close but two girls quickly jumped on. I continued to smoke my blunt as I watched them and they looked completely lost.

"Where does this train go?" One girl asked

"Hell if I know. I don't live here." The other shrugged

I laughed and shook my head. "This train goes to Brooklyn. Nostrand Ave to be specific." I spoke.

"Thanks." They smiled

"No problem." I took another pull from my blunt.

I finished my blunt during the ride. No one else got on at the other stops so it was just me, my brother and those girls.

"Next stop, Nostrand Avenue." The same voice came through the train.

A minute later the train came to a stop and the doors slowly opened.

"Come on." I nudged my brother's arm to get his attention.

Kim

"So, we are lost as shit." I looked around at the buildings. "What train did your sister say get on?"

"I don't know." Queen, my cousin, sighed "And she's not answering. Let's just get on the next one."

I nodded and continued walking. We reached the station and walked up the stairs.

"Shit! The train is already here! Come on!" I grabbed her hand and ran to the train. The doors almost closed on us but we made it.

The smell of marijuana filled my nose and I spotted two guys sitting on the opposite side of the train.

"Where does this train go?" Queen asked

"Hell if I know. I don't live here." I shrugged

I heard a light chuckle from one of the guys. "This train goes to Brooklyn. Nostrand Ave to be specific." The guy that was smoking answered

"Thanks" Queen and I smiled

"No problem." He responded

I sat down beside Queen and scrolled through my phone.

"My sister said get off at Nostrand Avenue and walk straight down. Her apartment complex will be the first one we get to on the left."

I nodded. "Cool."

The ride was quiet. I occasionally looked over at the guys across from us. Both of them were cute.

"Next stop, Nostrand Avenue." The voice came through the speaker.

The train came to a stop and the door slid open. We got off and made our way down the stairs. The guys from the train were right behind us. Once we made it down to the sidewalk, we stepped to the side to figure out which way to go.

"She said walk which way?" I asked

"Uhhhh." Queen paused and looked at her phone. "That way." She pointed, which is the way the guys were walking.

We began to walk down the semi-crowded sidewalk. I took in the scenery around me. Every piece told a story. I stopped to take a picture of a mural on a wall that I spotted. As we continued walking, the sidewalk became less crowded. I looked ahead of us and those guys from the train were still up there.

"What if they think we're following them?" Queen nudged me

"Who?"

"Those guys" She pointed "From the train."

"I doubt it. We're probably just going in the same direction."

"Slow down." She pulled me back. "My sister apartment complex is right there and it looks like they are going there too."

We watched as the dudes jogged across the street and walked into the complex. They took the stairs to the second level and entered an apartment.

"Which apartment is hers?" I asked as we crossed the street.

"212."

We found her door and knocked on it.

"Come in!"

"Cardi!" Queen ran over to her sister and hugged her

I closed the door behind us and walked into the living room. "Hey Cardi." I smiled

"Hey Kim. How was Sweden?"

"It was cool." I sat down

"How is everyone in Texas?" Cardi turned to Queen

"They good."

"What ya'll doing up here?"

"Well..." Queen paused, "We wanted to know if it was ok if we stayed with you for a while?"

"We'll help out and everything." I added

Cardi looked back and forth between me and Queen before sighing. "I guess ya'll can stay."

Dave

"Hey Auntie." I walked in the apartment.

"Hey David." She smiled. "Hey Clarence. I didn't know you were coming too."

"I wasn't, but this dumbass always messing with me." Clarence pushed past me and sat on the couch

I laughed. "Keep on lil nigga. I'll lay ya ass out."

He stuck up his middle finger

"Anyway. What you got for moms? She sent me all the way over here." I leaned against the counter

"Nothing important. I told her not to send nobody cause I have to explain it all to her myself and I would come tomorrow."

"So I came over here for nothing?"

She laughed and nodded. "But look, you and ya brother can stay here tonight. I'm going out and won't be back until Sunday." I watched as she picked up her bag. "Don't tear up my shit." She warned before leaving.

I sat on the opposite end of the couch and pulled my phone out.

"What you doing?" My brother leaned over

"Minding my business. You should try it."

"Man, fuck you." He got up and walked into the kitchen

"Whatever." I laughed and pulled a backwood out my pocket.

~~~~~

Copyright ©
ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED
This book contains material protected under International and Federal Copyright Laws and Treaties. Any Unauthorized reprint or use of the material is prohibited. No part of this book may be reproduced or transmitted in any forms or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, or by any informational storage and retrieval system without express written permission from the author/publisher.

This book is a work of fiction. This is a product of the writer's imagination or have been used fictitiously, and are not to be construed as real.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.1K 726 23
Are you ready to go through changes? Sometimes in life we become stagnant. We do this when we are afraid of change. Life begins to pass us by, while...
184K 4.6K 69
Must Read
27.3K 614 23
David Brewster, a New York gangsta, has always been running the streets. The streets is all he knows. Alexis Bryant, a single mother, is a local str...
1.5K 147 33
"Nigga, you saw I was going to park out here but you stupid enough to steal it from me, take your car and pull over because this is my park bro," I s...