ODDITY ⇆ DOCTOR WHO

By lukesmissinghand

In which the stars give two sorrowful children each other. [ONGOING, UNDERGOING EDITTING] [7/30/19] [RANKED #... More

act I
0.1 | M.M
0.2 | M.M
0.3 | M.M
0.4 | S.J.S
0.5 | S.J.S
0.6 | S.J.S
0.7 | T.S.C
0.8 | T.S.C
0.9 | T.S.C
0.10 | G.L
0.11 | G.L
0.12 | G.L
0.13 | D.O.M
0.14 | D.O.M
0.15 | E.O.D
0.16 | E.O.D
0.17 | E.O.D
0.18 | L.E
0.19 | L.E
0.20 | L.E
0.21 | L.E
0.22 | 42
0.23 | 42
0.24 | H.N.
0.25 | H.N.
0.26 | F.O.B
0.27 | HOME
0.28 | HOME
0.29 | UT.
0.30| T.S.O.D
0.31 | T.L.O.T.L
act II
0.32 | A.N.D
0.33 | E.M
0.34 | E.M
0.35 | P.I.C
0.36 | P.I.C
0.37 | P.I.C
0.38 | F.O.P
0.39 | F.O.P
0.40 | F.O.P
0.41 | F.O.P
0.42 | F.O.P
0.43 |K.D.
0.44 | K.D
0.45 | K.D
0.46 | P.O.T.O
0.47 | P.O.T.O
0.48 | P.O.T.O
0.49 | P.O.T.O
0.50 | T.G.E.F
0.51 | T.G.E.F
0.52 | T.G.E.F

O D D I T Y

25.6K 606 104
By lukesmissinghand

[She loved and adored the stars so, that they sent her a gift in the form of a man.]

[You have me, until every last star in the galaxy dies, you have me.]

[There's a whole world out there, waiting for you. Great cities and art and music. Genuine beauty and you can have all of it!]

[So why don't you take it?]

-VALARIE SCOTT adored the stars and the planets above her. Of course she also adored Earth, but she found unconditional love towards the night sky that cradled her to sleep through the window as a child. And the stars loved the child back so, they gave her a gift in the form of a peculiar man, who needed her as much as she needed him.

-THE DOCTOR counts himself among the casualties of the Army of Ghosts. Having Rose Tyler torn from him left a pain deeper than any wounds, that he found himself burning stars in a chance to say goodbye. And when the stars saw their old, sorrowful son, they sent him a gift of a starry-eyed human.

[P R E V I E W]

"He had seen wonder in a human. Oh, he knew he had seen it. When they first entered the old box, and the way they would gasp at the size. Even some do a jog around in disbelief. Some would touch the barely chipped paint, trying to feel for the invisible room that was indeed purely inside the small confinement a of the peculiar blue box.

But he hadn't seen starry-eyed until now. The way she slowly entered the open console, hands only hovering on the railing, as if she she even let a fiber of the sweater she wore touch it, it would all melt away like a dream. He had never seen the way the air was knocked from her lungs like someone had struck her, but in reality she had been struck on the inside. He had never seen the way her lips parted, no "wows" or awes escaping the open open. Not even the classic line, "it's bigger on the inside!" Left her lips.

No, she soaked it all in like a fine painting. He only got a glance of her eyes when she turned her head to observe the other wall, which was quite identical to the other walls in the room yet she found amazement in it.

And suddenly he found himself close to her back, as she stopped midway of the arched walkway in almost fear that if she continued she was disturb the image like a still pool of water and it would ripple away. His longer arms mirrored hers over the railing, except he found himself grasping it so tightly his knuckles became white. He studied the back of her head like a fine piece of literature, minds swirling with odd thoughts and emotions.

He found himself hesitant to get any closer to the much smaller, starry eyed girl. Almost as if he was afraid the image of pure, genuine human wonder would melt away like a dream conjured by loneliness and desperation.

But when she turned to him, eyes soaking him in with the same wonder as the large console room, he knew it was all very much real."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

986 39 6
Celestia Andromeda is officially partnered with the Doctorand they are continuing their adventure of traveling with Rose Tyler, faithful companion an...
2.4K 103 23
Sequel to 'The Heart Within'. If it's not one thing, then it's another for Katy. Not only has she discovered that she is a member of the Time Lord r...
53.4K 2.4K 61
"I thought I told you not to wander off," the Doctor reminds her but she ignores him. "I changed my mind," Cherry muses, a small smile playing on he...
75K 2.4K 115
Being alone is not so bad. It's when the loneliness kicks in that you realise how scared you are. You try to fill the void with all the friends you c...