I Will Survive... with Louis...

By kixrsty

Scarlett ends up in a situation, miles away from home with Louis Tomlinson. However, she doesn't even know wh... More

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32.
Chapter 34.
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36.
Chapter 37.
Chapter 38.
Chapter 39.
Chapter 40.
Chapter 41.
Chapter 42.
Chapter 43.
Chapter 44.
Chapter 45.
Chapter 46.
Chapter 47.
Chapter 48. THE END.

Chapter 33.

267K 1.2K 608
By kixrsty

"Harry, please do something." Taylor whined across the aisle for about the twentieth time, I swear this girl is missing a few brain cells or something.

"Taylor, I can't do anything, it's not my fault this is how the seating got arranged." Harry whispered back in order not to disturb the other two hundred passengers on the plane. We hadn't even taken off yet and Taylor was already creating a scene. Unlike her I sucked up the circumstances and accepted the fact I was stuck next to her for next eight hours in a flying tin can.

"Can't someone swap or something?" She continued. Her voice was grating on me but I'm pretty sure if I slapped her around the mouth I'd get kicked off and I'm sure she'd find great pleasure in that.

"It's too late, it doesn't matter, just go to sleep, you don't even have to look at her." 'Her', what a nice way to address me Harry, I mentally thought, rolling my eyes in the process.

"It's not fair." She grunted before slamming herself back in her seat. She's quite a catch, I thought sarcastically. Harry could do so much better, but I guess when you're in love you're supposedly blind to numerous things, I wonder if one of them is that your girlfriend is a complete bi-

"Cabin crew seats for take-off." My rambling thoughts were cut off by the captain speaking over the tannoy to the air hostesses as they proceeded to their reserved seats. Just looking at their uniforms made me feel uncomfortable. Short skirts, tight shirts and high heels, and they're on their feet the majority of the time; I'd give up after an hour and walk around barefoot. The roar of the engines sent my heart pounding, I needed someone next to me just for comfort and reassurance but the seat next to mine was currently occupied by the devil, or in other terms; Taylor. Louis was next to Zayn, somewhere further back in the first class cabin. Unfortunately due to last minute flight changes seat allocations were messed up and just my luck I ended up next to Taylor. My legs were shaking as they began bouncing up and down off the floor, only to the annoyance of Taylor. I don't know how Louis could fly so calmly, he looked at peace in his seat, chatting away like a desperate housewives mother. But here I was, gripping hold of the seat, I know it won't save my life but the harder I dug my nails in the more secure I felt. The plane began to slowly dawdle towards the runway but my heart was doing the exact opposite. The pounding of my heart on my ribcage was like someone banging a drum as hard as they could. I was convinced everyone in the front of the plane could hear my heart trying to escape my skeleton. My teeth bit down harder on my lip to stop them from chattering. I was fidgeting so much I was surprised Taylor hadn't 'accidentally' hit me again.

"Will you sit still." She whispered harshly in my face, low enough so no-one else could hear. I glared at her, my facial expression was more of a sign to tell her; you should know why I hate flying, but that didn't seem to matter to her, I was just annoying.

"I can't." I stammered out, my breathing barely normal.

"Are you going to be like this the whole time?" She replied, whispering harshly again. This time I couldn't even muster up a verbal response, I closed my eyes instead, counting to a hundred in my head, waiting for the take-off to start. The wheels began rolling, at an unimaginable force down the runway, I tried breathing deeply to calm myself but the force was so powerful. Luckily when we took off the whole plane was shaking so my obscure body actions looked slightly more normal. "I don't know why you got the window seat." Taylor snarled as we began levelling out.

"You wanted that seat so you could annoy your boyfriend for eight hours." I sarcastically replied, pulling my headphones and iPod from the seat pocket.

"At least my boyfriend loves me." I grimaced at her words. Louis said he loved me, I loved him but recently I was starting to believe this was all one big fairy tale and I wasn't going to get my happy ending. "I knew it wouldn't last long." She chuckled slyly in my ear before I blocked her out with my music. I took a couple deep breaths as my music started playing, I was trying to calm myself before I went into complete macho mode and showed Taylor how strong I really am. Just because I don't retaliate doesn't make me weak, I'm just not stupid. Alex Gaskarth's voice drifted through my ears, the smile that normally appeared on my face when I listened to All Time Low was nowhere to be seen. My smile remained straight and my eyes fixated on the ocean below. Somewhere down there I've been, stranded, lost, practically alone for a week. Barely surviving, but look where it's got me. I don't know if it was a blessing or a curse. Then realisation hit me, I was there but so was everyone else on the plane, those who didn't survive would still be there now. My parents were in there somewhere, my sister defenceless down there. It's far too late to do anything but the huge guilt sat on my shoulders just wouldn't disappear. I should have saved my sister before myself, how could I have been so selfish?

Therapy flicked on but I knew even ten seconds into the song if I continued listening I'd break down in front of everyone aboard the flight. I quickly changed the song, trying to take my mind of anything to do with flying and what happened. I clicked on my photos, trying to get my mind to settle. The last photos taken were of me and the All Time Low boys before we all went our separate ways. I smiled slightly at the one of me and Jack, he was practically choking me in his infamous death grip bear hug. I wish they were British so I could see them more often but that could have been my one and only chance to meet them. Jack insisted on following me on twitter, no matter how many times I warned him I was boring nevertheless he ignored all my arguments. Of course I was already following them, their tweets never fail to amuse me. I placed my iPod down on the tray in front and pulled my laptop out from under the seat. I could hear Taylor tutting at me because I was probably fidgeting too much for her liking but my mind needed something to do. I pushed open the lid and waited for the start-up screen to appear. Taylor's eyes were watching my every move, I could feel her burning holes in the side of my face.

"Can I help you?" I smirked at her, she huffed in response and turned away from me, although I wasn't complaining. I logged on and clicked on the internet, typing in the wi-fi code which was written on the back of the leaflets, of course this service was only offered in first class, before this lifestyle I didn't even know it existed. I clicked onto twitter, still aware of Taylor's annoying presence which had subtly returned. I rolled my eyes at my screen, not even bothering to pay attention to her. My heart lurched into fast forward as I saw 'Louis and Scarlett' the second highest trending topic worldwide. As much as I knew I would regret it I couldn't help but click on it. I took a shallow breath as all the tweets loaded, the first one was attached with a picture and no caption other than the trend. Apparently the paparazzi had a field day when they saw me and Louis holding hands through the airport. I really should have seen this coming.

"Looks like your little secret isn't much of a secret anymore." Taylor whispered in my ear, flicking a bit of my own hair in my face.

"It's a good job we decided we didn't want to hide it anymore then isn't it?" I grinned at her, not in a happy manner but in an 'shut up, you look like an idiot' way.

"Enjoy the death threats." She smirked whilst she began filing her nails. The sound of the nail file grinding across her nails ripped right through my ears causing me to squirm in my seat, like scratching a plate the sound was just as bad.

"You should have a little more respect for their fans." I whispered back, not even turning to look at her.

"Why? They shouldn't be so nosey." Her voice sounded so relaxed, as if no thought in whatever filtered out her mouth even mattered. "It's our relationships not theirs." She grunted. She had a point, it was our relationships but surely the fans shouldn't be totally blocked out? Shutting out the people who care about you, dedicate some of their life to you isn't going to want to make them stay. Some may become heartbroken, but there's a ninety eight percent chance they'll get over it. Treating them like they don't really exist, only when they're buying your album, concert tickets or other merchandise isn't the way to treat them, you should respect them as much as they respect you. Which is probably a heck of a lot. When you decide you want the rich and famous lifestyle you have to accept you're going to lose things with that, most of that being your privacy. Taylor would never understand that, her concept of life is different to mine, I like to believe I'm a little more understanding. I've been on the other side of the fence, I know what it's like to be shut out by the people you admire, it's not a nice feeling. They most likely won't even know you, but they can mean more to you than anyone actually around you.

"You wouldn't understand." I sighed, debating what to tweet, I couldn't ignore the situation. My cursor was hovering over the tweet box but instead I clicked on the most recent tweet on my timeline; Louis'.

'New York was fun, heading back home with the boys and yes, Scarlett x.'

Subtle, yet obvious. Was that his way of telling the world about us? The thoughts rattled my brain as I clicked on the tweet box again. I needed to tweet something allowing the world to know but without being ridiculous about the whole situation. I'm sure if I tweeted;

'Luv my boyfriend soooo much @LouisTomlinson xxxx.'

I would probably most likely annoy over half the fans and make the rest of them cringe, which is what I was doing at the thought of tweeting something like that.

'England I'm coming back for you! :D'

I sent out my first tweet, I was still debating on what to put. I shouldn't be worrying about what I tweet but the fact that no matter what I tweet about the situation someone will do some sort of analyse on it and I don't want to give of the wrong impression. Instead of tweeting I began procrastinating even more. My fingers took me over to the interactions tab, scanning through my mentions they all seemed to be asking the same thing; are you dating Louis? I bit down on my lip as I began to type away.

'I am indeed in a relationship.'

My tweet didn't state the obvious but I'm pretty certain you could clearly tell at what I was hinting. I scanned quickly back over the interactions, if Louis retweeting my tweet wasn't a big enough clue than I don't know what would be now.

"HOME SWEET HOME!" Niall shouted as we all piled back into our house. My hair was probably sticking up in every direction possible, that would look great on the front cover of a magazine. As soon as we stepped off the plane paparazzi were hammering questions down mine and Louis' throats. The rest of the plane ride I watched countless YouTube videos over and over until my laptop died. Taylor continued complaining at every little thing. What most annoyed her was when a flight attendant dropped half her meal in her lap, I guess karma really is a bitch. I had to do everything in the slightest way possible to stop myself from howling with laughter. Taylor's face and rage was priceless. As the truth unravelled about mine and Louis' relationship I wondered whether Taylor had spoken with Harry about publicising theirs. I was pretty sure that would be on top of her agenda, get well known, she'd always wanted it. And since I wasn't her ticket to that way of life apparently Harry was.

I lugged my heavy suitcase through the house, Taylor watched me tussle since Harry was struggling to heave hers in. She'd packed more than me and she was only there for a couple days.

"Get our own bed back at last." Louis called out as he led the way down the corridor.

"Can't wait." I replied, but the air around us still felt awkward. I don't know if it was just me that could feel it but something was definitely off. Maybe it was the cold chill in the air which had been surrounding the empty house for a few days. I shrugged my shoulders at the thought and heaved my suitcase along the hall. It didn't matter if it had wheels it was still a work out, and apparently I was unfit. "Louis, what did you do to the place before you left?" I gasped, walking amongst the all the mess left in the room.

"Last minute packing." He chuckled, taking my suitcase away from my hands.

"Now you help." I smirked.

"Someone needs to hit the gym." He winked.

"But effort." I whined, flopping down on the bed, staring at the ceiling.

"You know what I find weird?" Louis asked, joining me on the bed after closing the door.

"What?" I turned my face to look at him.

"I find it weird when people have a mirror above their beds, why would you want that?" His face was clearly scowling at the idea.

"Maybe it's just want some people are into."

"Would you ever put one there?"

"No, I don't think I'd like to see myself...." I trailed off, realising where this conversation was going. "Sleeping." I added hastily.

"Sleeping, of course." He winked. We remained silent for a while, just staring into each other's orbs. I missed moments like this, where we could be ourselves around each other but they never lasted long, they weren't there permanently like they used to be. "I saw your tweet." He randomly spoke, the silence was now long gone. I could hear Niall and Liam arguing down the hall, most likely because the cupboards are all empty.

"I know."

"I guess the world knows now."

"Isn't this what you wanted?"

"Yeah, it just feels weird having the world knowing everything about my life." He sighed, resting his eyes.

"They don't know everything. And don't worry, it won't change their opinion on you, don't dwell on it." I tried to comfort him, stroking his shaggy fringe away from his closed eyes.

"I'll get used to it."

"Do you think the boys will ever talk to me properly again?" I asked seriously. Louis' eyes reopened when I moved my hand away. My gaze was no longer fixed to his but yet again on the ceiling.

"Their boys, they'll get over it soon." He vaguely replied. Not the most comforting or reassuring things to hear but what else was I expecting. I flashed him a brief smile before closing my eyes. "I'm going for a shower."

"Okay." I mumbled, barely awake. I listened to Louis create more havoc as he rustled around for clothes to wear or a towel. Eventually the sound of rushing water filled my ears signalling to me he was in the shower. I remained lifeless on the bed until someone knocked on the door. I continued to lay down as I shouted at them.

"Come in!" I called out.

"Where's Louis?" I sat up at the sound of Niall's voice in the room.

"Shower, why?"

"We're out of food."

"What a surprise."

"What happened in here?" He asked. It wasn't much of a conversation but this was the most any of them had said to me in days.

"Apparently Louis happened." I chuckled, to my surprise Niall actually smiled. Although he was known to find pretty much anything humorous.

"You don't have any food do you?" He had now fully entered the room, closing the door behind him.

"Maybe."

"Maybe?" He repeated.

"On one condition."

"What?"

"Stop ignoring me." I practically pleaded.

"I haven't been ig-"

"Niall." I cut him off sternly.

"Okay, okay but seriously where is the food?"

"I've only got a couple bags of crisps and some biscuits." I mumbled, searching through my suitcase.

"Gimme gimme!" He shouted, charging over.

"Remember our agreement." I raised my eyebrows at him, wavering the food above his head.

"Okay, I get it. No more not talking to you now can I please have some food before my stomach eats itself?"

"Ew." I laughed. "Don't forget!" I shouted after him as he ran out the room, treasuring the food like gold.

"What's going on?" Louis' voice made me jump. I spun around on my heels to be greeted with my boyfriend, dripping wet with only a towel wrapped around his waist. My mouth absentmidly hung low as my eyes scanned up and down his soaking body. "You'll catch flies soon." He joked, closing my mouth for me. "So, what did I miss?"

"Oh, Niall on the hunt for food." I nodded at my own statement.

"Did he talk to you?"

"Yes..." I drew out.

"See, told you it wouldn't last long."

"He only spoke to me because I had food, I don't think that'll work with the others. I could try buying Zayn endless amounts of hair products but that feels sort of cheating bribing them."

"Scarlett, just be patient." Louis commanded, grabbing my hips so I was forced to look at him.

"I don't see why I need to win back my friends, I didn't do anything."

"I know you didn't do anything." He sighed, although something in his voice made it sound like he wasn't being honest, deep down inside I knew he still didn't fully believe me but Taylor's truth can't hide forever, but should I stick it out for that long? "You're probably overthinking because you're tired, c'mon let's go to bed."

"Maybe." I mumbled, walking over to my wardrobe and pulling out some pyjamas. I walked off into the bathroom where a lone tear slid effortlessly down my cheek. My fingers tugged at my hair, if I go through any more stress I'll soon turn bald. I composed myself before sauntering back into the bedroom and climbing into bed next to Louis, he was pretty much already asleep.

"Night." He whispered.

"Night." I replied, rolling over. His arms weren't wrapped round my waist like they used to, my face wasn't sat comfortably in his neck like old times and my heart wasn't settled about us. Is this just a phase or is this it?

**

"What are you doing?"

"Getting up?" I responded rhetorically, grabbing my suitcase from yesterday and hunting inside it for some fresh clothes to wear.

"But it's early, you never get up this early." Louis' tired, husky like morning voice rang through my ears. I turned to look at him. His hair was stood up at every different angle, it created quite a diverse look for him. I briefly smiled to myself, his just woken up look was hard to resist.

"I'm not tired." I lied, walking into the bathroom to shower. I switched the jets on and let them soak me from head to toe. Truth was I was absolutely knackered, I hardly slept at all, if anything last night. I felt alone, empty without Louis' arms around me, especially since they were only two feet at the most away. My mind refused to settle, so many thoughts were ram packed inside my brain. My lip was half chewed to death from all the thinking. My head began to pound and my palms began to sweat and yet I still couldn't sleep. One step at a time Taylor was slowly getting what she wanted. She's messing with my brain and unfortunately it's working. I scrubbed at my hair roughly to try and erase any thoughts about her from my brain. My hands were beginning to look like prunes, I had obviously, by this point, been in the shower too long but the thought of getting out and having to see Taylor at some point only made me want to stay in longer. I rinsed all the shower products from my body and hair before reluctantly turning the faucet off. The cold air was quick to invade my body causing a shiver to creep up my spine. I shook my hair like a wet dog before wrapping a towel tightly around myself. The mirror was steamed over so I took the opportunity to doodle on it. I wrote on it the first thing that appeared in my mind. Not the most appropriate or relevant thing to write on a bathroom mirror but it sure was random. I stood back and looked at my 'masterpiece', 'bleeding llama dance party' was scrawled on the mirror surrounded by several weird looking stars and lines, once again another Dan and Phil reference, I blame it on the fact I was watching their videos continuously on the flight back.

"Scarlett, are you alright in there?" Louis shouted through the door.

"Yeah, fine!" I answered. It occurred to me I had been in the bathroom for at least an hour now, no wonder why it looked weird. I dried myself before changing into some sort of clean clothes, although after being in a suitcase for several days they felt anything but fresh. They were clean but had the distinct suitcase, airplane, airport smell lingering on them. Putting skinny jeans on after a shower was always a challenge in itself, no matter how much you dried yourself it never got any easier. I slumped an oversized, off the shoulder cream jumper on my upper half and rung out my hair even more. It was beginning to dry fairly fast. I quickly applied some basic make-up over my tired looking face, I didn't need Taylor seeing her plan working. Another thing which irked me was the fact she was apparently staying here now. What happened to the apartment she kicked me out off?

"Scarlett!" Louis called out again.

"Yeah okay, I'm coming!" I shouted back as I gathered my things ready to leave the bathroom, which I had managed to transform into a steam room.

"I thought you'd been sucked down the plug hole or something." Louis joked as he occupied the bathroom, leaving me now alone in the bedroom. I put my washing in the basket, doing so my stomach decided to play a tune of its own, apparently I was hungry. I rubbed my stomach gently, urging it to shut up before I bumped into someone. I don't think my grumbling organs is something someone would want to hear in the morning. I brushed out my hair before leaving the bedroom, sliding along the wooden hallway floor. The house seemed pretty dead, the only noise I could hear was Louis in the shower. I brushed my hands up my arms, trying to hide the goose bumps appearing from the coldness inside the house. I turned and walked into the kitchen, to my surprise I wasn't the only one awake in the house besides Louis. Apparently everyone was up. The other boys and Taylor were already gathered and devouring their breakfast at the kitchen table. I awkwardly walked towards the cupboards, their stares burning holes into my back and through my skin. It was very hard not to shout something at them all but I continued searching for something for breakfast in silence. The only noise coming from anyone or anything was the clinking of spoons hitting their breakfast bowls. By the looks of things someone had been shopping, most likely Liam, he was the supposedly sensible one and he was an early bird, beats me why anyone would enjoy getting up early in the morning. I grabbed some Cookie Crisp from the cupboard and a bowl from another, still aware of the stares I was getting.

"Scarlett?" Zayn's voice shocked me. I spun quickly around on my heels, the box of cereal still gripped tightly in my hand.

"Yeah?" My voice was slightly upbeat at the fact he was talking to me. I did my best to ignore the looks from the others, what was their problem?

"That's Taylor's cereal." He replied. I looked down at the box, I didn't see a name or label anywhere on it. I raised my eyebrows at all of them, Taylor was smirking away, but what was new. I hope they weren't expecting me to put the box back in the cupboard because I certainly wasn't going to do that. I grabbed a handful of the small delectable cookies and shoved them straight into my mouths, Taylors face was unimaginably priceless. Who knew someone could get so worked up over cereal?

"Scarlett, didn't you hear what Zayn said?" Harry snarled, a scowl prominent on his face.

"Oh I heard alright." I smirked before shovelling more into my mouth. I put the bowl I got out straight back in the cupboard and walked into the lounge, the box of cereal still in my hand. Who needs milk anyway? I dived onto the couch, careful not to spill any cereal and switched the TV on. Of course being away for a month I was behind on every single TV showing going, much to my displeasure. I rolled my eyes before flicking onto the music channels.

"YOU'RE INSECURE, DON'T-"

"NO!" I shouted back at the TV before promptly changing the channel to one where Green Day was playing.

"What are shouting about?" Louis casually spoke. He literally scared the daylights out of me, somehow the cereal all managed to stay inside the box.

"Nothing." I mumbled turning back to the TV.

"Are you eating cereal out the box?" He asked sceptically.

"Was." I corrected before getting up.

"Where are you going?"

"Just out for a walk."

"Can I come?"

"Sure." I replied with a hasty smile. It's not that I wanted to be alone or anything but the fact Louis was willing to come actually stunned me a little due to his recent behaviour.

"What was all that commotion about in the kitchen?"

"I ate Taylor's cereal." I replied smoothly. Our hands swinging back and forth, linked together as we strolled through the nearby park, which was pretty much empty, luckily. It was an uncommon sight to see a massive green area in the centre of London but I wasn't complaining. Fresh air was lacking, the trees and fresh grass was still surrounded by the moggy city air, but this is as close as you're going to get to fresh in the middle of London. There was still dew on the ground from the previous night so sitting down didn't seem like an option, unless I wanted to get soaking wet, which strangely enough I didn't.

"Why did you do that?" Louis asked, a serious tone prominent.

"It's just cereal, why does it matter?" I raised an eyebrow as I turned to look at him.

"How would you feel if someone ate your cereal?"

"Why does everyone want to make a fuss about me eating cereal, she can get some more. And why does she get her own?"

"You sound like a five year old right now."

"She is literally the most annoying person in this universe." I mumbled, pulling my hand out of his.

"What was that?"

"Nothing." I huffed.

"Don't get mad at me, you're the one who ate her cereal."

"Fine, I'll get her some more, happy?" I stopped to look at him, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Good girl." He subtly grinned before grabbing my hand again. Obviously I wasn't going to buy her more cereal, that would be ludicrous. It's cereal, get over it. I mentally tutted before plastering a small smile on my face, I was slightly regretting allowing Louis to come along. I wanted to get away from the house, the boys and Taylor but apparently she's brought up in every conversation. "Glad to be home?"

"Yeah, I guess."

"You guess?"

"We haven't been back long, I'm just tired." I muttered a reply. I was tired but it didn't matter how long we had been back, Taylor was still around.

"If you say so."

"I do." I smiled up at him as we headed further into the park. We fell into a comfortable silence as we dawdled along the path, our arms swinging in time with our feet. The gravel under our shoes made a scraping noise with each step. Several cyclists passed us on our walk but nothing extreme. For once I'd like something entertaining to happen. In the children's park on the right of us there were the typical screaming children, the ones who wanted the slide or the swing set all to themselves. Of course when I was their age I used to push that sort of children out the way. I wasn't exactly the nicest child, probably why my parents never let me near a play park for the majority of my childhood. My eyes fixated on my shoes as we moved further into the woodland area of the park, the path winded through the tree's, it was like a fairy tale scene. I watched under my feet as the gravel turned into a bark covered path. The bark was damp, creating wetness throughout my shoes. We continued to walk in our silence, hands still linked together tightly, like two jigsaw pieces. My head only looked up when I heard voices in the distance. I stopped dead when I heard a peculiar voice. My eyes widened at the sound.

"What's up?" Louis asked over the other voice.

"Shut up!" I hissed, he looked taken back but I was adamant it was the voice of something, someone I needed.

"What?" He stammered out. I glared at him, which I think caused him to get the message. He stood confused as I looked all around, desperate to hear the voice again. My eyes widen as the only sound I heard was footsteps running. I spun around in circles, frantically trying to find out which direction they were coming from. I probably looked like I was losing my mind, but I didn't care. I heard a soft giggle in the distance coming from ahead. I saw a blurry figure disappearing into the abyss. My natural instinct was to run after the culprit of the sound and the figure. My legs quickly powered into action, bark flew behind my legs as I chased after the sound.

"SCARLETT!" Louis called out. I ignored his calls, I could hear his heavy footsteps directly behind me which caused me to lose concentration on the original sound. I kept running though. Sweat began to drip down my forehead, my palms began to feel clammy, my breathing staggered and my muscles tired but I was adamant not to give up. The sound of the other voice was beginning to disappear, no matter how fast or far I ran I couldn't find the source, I couldn't find them.

"Where did they go?" I cried out. My body was tired from running, I was unfit to say the least, I had to stop before I collapsed.

"Who?"

"Where did she go?" I cried out even quieter this time. My face buried deep within my hands as the tears began to pour freely from my water ducts.

"Scarlett?" Louis sounded worried as he prised my hands away from my face.

"She was right here, I know she was." I whimpered, I couldn't even look Louis in the eyes, my orbs were still darting around, desperate to spot her.

"Who Scarlett? Who was here?" He sounded deeply concerned as his eyes pierced mine when I finally looked at him.

"My sister." I croaked. His eyes grew wide and confusion spread across his features. His hands dropped from mine as he massaged his forehead.

"What?" His voice almost sounded angry as he spat his reply at me.

"I saw her, I heard her!" I argued back.

"Scarlett, you're seeing things, hearing things." He sighed, pulling at his own hair.

"I know what I saw, I heard her too!" I pleaded, begging for him to believe me.

"Scarlett, it was probably your imagination."

"It wasn't!" I began to raise my voice, somehow I don't think he was going to believe me.

"I didn't see or hear anything though."

"But I did." My voice beginning to sound timid again.

"Maybe it was someone else." He replied softly this time.

"It wasn't." I whimpered.

"Let's get you back home, you look like you need another shower." I stared at him as he waited for me to take his hand again. I looked back around, checking to make sure she wasn't around. I know what I heard, and I'm sure it was her I saw. I'm positive it was her voice. How many people sound the same? So many questions and thoughts jumbled themselves up in my brain. Did she survive? Why was she in London? Are my parents alive?

"Mum." I mumbled to myself. Eyes wider than naturally possible.

"What?" Louis looked at me as if he was ready to back away and just leave me here.

"Nothing." I sighed, there was no point telling him my thoughts, he won't believe me, no-one will. I couldn't help but look around constantly for any sign of life amongst the trees, unfortunately Louis and I seemed the only ones present. I wasn't going to give up though, I know what I saw, I would be back.

By the time we got home we had barely spoke more than two sentences to each other. The tension around us could have been cut through with a knife. Our hands were linked the whole way back but I didn't feel connected to him and I doubt he felt connected to me. Right now we were living in two different worlds. Everyone was gathered in the living room bar Taylor, I couldn't care less where she was.

"I'm gonna go lie down." I mumbled to Louis, letting go of his hand and walking away from everyone gathered in the lounge.

Louis' POV

"What's up with her?" Zayn asked, switching the volume off on the TV, he had clearly noticed the tears which had failed to stop falling from her eyes.

"Scarlett?"

"Yeah."

"I don't even know anymore." I sighed, falling down onto the sofa next to Harry who was studying the pattern on the cushion on his lap intensely. "Where's Taylor?"

"Out shopping with a friend." Harry replied, his eyes still fixed on the cushion.

"Where did you go?" Niall mused.

"To the park." My voice lacked any sort of enthusiasm as I ran my hands over my face, trying to puzzle all the previous events together.

"Have fun?" Zayn chuckled, detecting my unimpressed mood.

"Fun? Not quite." I sighed, opening my eyes to look at them all. Harry had finally moved his eyes away from the cushion and was now staring intensively, like the others at me, waiting for some sort of explanation.

"Lovers tiff?" Liam asked.

"No, I guess not?" I asked rhetorically.

"What happened?" Harry questioned, seeming genuinely interesting.

"I don't really know what happened, she just took off."

"She took off?" Niall repeated.

"Yeah." I mumbled. I was surprised any of them actually seemed to care about Scarlett right now, they weren't exactly on good terms with her.

"Any particular reason why?" Harry quizzed, he seemed the most interested as he sat on the edge of his seat, was he hoping for something to use against her? By the things I've heard him and Taylor discuss it appears they show pure hatred towards her, I couldn't change his mind, I tried but sometimes when the only evidence points a certain way there is nothing more you can do.

"She said she heard someone and claimed she saw them to." I replied vaguely.

"Who?"

"Her sister." I spoke, looking around at all their faces as they stared on in disbelief, my face probably didn't look much different.

"What?!" Harry spoke up, he sounded confused but I don't blame him.

"She was convinced, she was running after this sound for ages."

"Louis, your girlfriend is losing it." Zayn contemplated. I didn't really know what to say back, because I was beginning to think the same thing myself.

"You even think so yourself don't you?" Harry asked, wavering a hand in front of my face. "Just break up with her." He added, no emotion in his voice at all. I can't lie, the thought had appeared in my mind several times. "You're even thinking about it aren't you?"

"Harry." I sighed, asking him to shut up, he should worry more about his girlfriend and this 'friend' she's gone out with.

"Look, it's clear to see you're not happy anymore, maybe it's for the best." He replied, patting my shoulder as he walked out the room. He was being a lot more upfront about the situation for once, normally he complained about our relationship behind my back. I couldn't help but let his words bounce around my brain as I sat in silence whilst the other boys conversed in a different conversation. Would it really be for the best if I broke up with Scarlett?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 60 17
Harry is quite suicidal. Who could blame him? Life sucks. Or at least that's what he thought before he met Louis Tomlinson. The mysterious boy he had...
950 82 27
What happens when a fire destroys a lovely couples home and only one lives...? completed :)
1.1M 33.7K 101
Just as things were starting to come together, everything slipped away. A tragic series of events forces Kate to learn her love story backward while...
3.8M 27K 59
When Louis Tomlinson comes home to live in the house he and his little sister own, together he will also bring One Direction to live there too. Darcy...