Deadly Rebirth

By ZoeCeee

More

Deadly Rebirth
▼ Chapter One - Oh, my god! I'M DEAD?!
▼Chapter Two - Rebirth.
▼Chapter Four - Newbie.
▼Chapter Five - Close Call.
▼Chapter Six - Others.

▼Chapter Three - Awakening.

151 3 5
By ZoeCeee

Chapter Three.

My vision sharpened and blurred in and out of focus. As Chase held my head closer to his shoulder, my fight to stay conscious faltered into a losing battle. My body. My body suddenly felt heavy, so heavy, as hunger took over me, begging me to drain him empty. Drain him dry. Chase disappeared and darkness took over.

 Eliza's POV:

Finally, I was able to take over the child's weak body. I must praise her efforts in keeping control with the little strength she had in her current state. It was truly wonderful, as expected of my vessel. This boy named Chase was very...interesting, his anima emanated a peculiar feeling. I took in his scent, he smelt of cinnamon, spicy and sweet. It fit his personality. My mind wandered, and I shuddered with desire as the thought of his taste consumed me. Licking my lips, I slid my hands up his chest and pushed him slightly so I could see his face. His eyes studied my violet ones, then he gave a sigh of relief.

"Av? Have you...changed? You seem different..." he questioned as he glanced up and down at Avania's new figure.

"Ah, yes. It must of been the surgeon's work. He did an excellent job, I must have been a catastrophe." I replied unsure how to answer the mortalisis.

"Er, are you okay? You don't normally talk like that either," his evergreen orbs looked closer at her new 'flawless face', "They did a pretty good job of it, you don't seem to be wounded."

"And what has changed about me? Is it my body," I asked seductively, his eyes lowered when I mentioned my body, "Is it my eyes? Or is it my lips?" I leaned in closer as I said lips, my head tilted, our lips barley touching. I felt his hot breath linger on my face.

"Wha-What?" His cheeks flushed at my sudden closeness.

I pulled back to give him a seductive smile and looked him up and down, 'Not bad for a mortalisis, I can't wait to eat you'. I drew closer and watched as his adam's apple drop when he gulped.

"Ava..." He whispered sweetly.

"Yes, just one little tas--" inching closer to his soft lips, I snapped back and clutched my head in agony, wailing a high pitched scream. "NO! I WAS SO CLOSE!" I hissed.

The mortalisis jumped and grabbed my arm "What's wrong?!" Panic plastered all over his face.

I slapped his arm away and clutched harder to my head fighting for control. "Just let me have one taste, one...little...taste..." I whispered, control slipping away. "NO!" Avania's voice roared in my mind. I felt a strong mental push, taking me aback. I lost grip of all control and fell back into the small room where I stayed in her mind, I smiled despite of my defeat. Just wait 'til next time, sweet Avania.

Ava's POV:

I drew in a deep breath as I replayed what could have happened. I was taken aback when I was unable to control what I was doing, like I was watching from the side lines. "Sorry, I had a sudden...th-throbbing pain in my head." I stuttered trying to think of a excuse to make him not think i was crazy.

"Come on Av, don't take it too rough. Let's go get you checked out." He took my hand and squeezed it firmly, taking me the direction he came.

We walked past several rooms occupied with patients with different illnesses; genetic to contagious to accidents from missing limbs and broken bones. As we passed a private room an old woman stared at me from her misshapen position. Her white hair lay flat on the side that she slept on, while the other side was still curly. Wrinkles gave away her age, and small pale blue eyes were sunk into her sockets. Her eyes glinted, evidence that she stayed in this room and wept. Alone. Waiting for death to come and take her.

We arrived in Ward Two, where patients who were in major accidents lay. My dad sat in a blue plastic chair, with his head in his hands, wearing sweatpants under his black chic work coat. He still wore his slippers, which showed he was in a hurry. My dad looked the same as he did when my mum died, his whole body looked like he died himself, nothing more than a empty shell. His head shot up as we approached, his eyes red and blotchy with sky blue irises. As he stood up, slowly wiping his face with his hand, he said, "Oh...Avania I'm so glad you're here! You haven't died have you?" he smiled mischievously.

"No, I'm still here, dad. You can't get rid of me that easily," I said with a soft laugh, nudging him slightly. Tears leaked from his eyes, and he held me in a tight embrace.

"I don't want you to leave me, I'm so happy you were born...My little girl." he whispered in my hair, he patted me on the back and held me at arms' length away to inspect me. "You're not hurt, are you?"

I shook my head reassuringly, "No, I'm not, can we go home now?" I felt a hand rest on my shoulder and Chase took me aside.

"Av, the Doc needs to do some checks on you and they need your dad to sign a release form. Originally, that would of been your bed there,"--he pointed to a neat unoccupied bed--"but you seem to be fine..." his brows creased in the center.

A female nurse took me away towards my bed and drew the curtains, leaving the shadows of Chase and my dad behind it.

"Dr. Collins will see you shortly." the nurse smiled and hurried out to tend to the other patients.

I kicked my legs as I waited impatiently. The TV in the corner played the same advert a couple of times before the doctor slid through the curtain. He grinned at me. His crisp white coat was unbuttoned, and he had a pocket on his right breast with a red and black pen. Under it hung his name tag.

"Hello," he glanced at clip board "Avania, I'm just going to do a few checks on you and see how you're doing." he placed a hand on my head, putting his stethoscope on and placing the cool metal pad on my back. He listened. "Okay, breathe in deeply." I did as he said, "And out." I did this a couple of times before he took it off, "Well, your lungs and breathing are fine." he pulled something black out from the cupboard and reached for my arm. " You'll feel a tight squeeze nothing more." he strapped the velcro around my slender arm, I felt the grasp tighten as he squeezed a round object in his hand, reading the dial. "Your blood pressure is fine too! Lovely." he chirped.

He asked me a couple of questions about whether I felt pain anywhere or anything unusual. I didn't want to mention about the whole Renaissance thing, so I kept my mouth shut and just shook my head. He checked my reflex action on my knee, telling me again I was fine and gave me a paper cup with white liquid in it.

"Now, drink this and I need to do a scan, then if that's fine you can go home. Wait here." he slipped out and I saw my dad's shadow shoot up, murmurs coming from behind the closed curtain. I heard the doctor whisper, "This is a miracle!" Eliza scoffed when she heard this, 'I told you.' she gave a gentle laugh in my mind. Rolling my eyes, I continued to eavesdrop on the rest of the conversation. "She was brought and rushed in to A and E, she was a mess, results showed she had a punctured lung and skull, and a huge gash down her arm, causing her to lose a lot of blood. The surgeon tried his best to seal the wounds, then her heart started to fail, and he then tried to restart her heart but failed, confirming her death, but as you can see she's fine. Her heart must of restarted when he exited the room. Sorry for the misunderstanding, we'll just can her and you may go home."

Chase came in through the curtain and sat besides me. The bed moaned under the weight of two people. "You should get some sleep. It's 3:15 am." he said, glancing at his iPhone, and eyeing the dull paper cup in my hand. He raised a brow.

"I need to drink this." I explained, sniffing the content.

"Well, why haven't you?" he pointed at it, "It wont go down there by itself."

I tipped the cup to my lips and gulped the liquid down "Bleh!" I gagged after I finished. The liquid tasted foul and chalky, not something you would ever want to taste again. He gave a relaxed laugh at my reaction and rested his hand on my bare knee. "I'm glad you're back to normal."

We talked for a while, mostly about general stuff, like how I did at my sports teams. Yes, plural. I like doing sports, there's nothing wrong with doing more than one. Okay, more than five, but they're fun! Then we talked about social life, and how this girl keeps following him like a mad stalker and how I should hurry up and find a boyfriend. After a while the doctor came back and took me to a wide room and led me to a machine.

He instructed me to lie down and I would be fine. After some lights flashed in my face and I heard people scuttle around, he took my dad away and left me with Chase.

"Sorry we didn't bring any clothes, but the nurse gave me this." he handed me a simple nightgown folded in a neat square inside a sealed plastic bag, "It's disposable so you can throw it away, I'll wait out here while you change."

I went to my bed and closed the curtains, stripping off my bloody gown and replaced it with the clean, fresh one. The ugly green color stopped mid thigh on my long, pale legs. I bent down to pick up the discarded clothing, and heard Chase's deep voice asking if I was done. I drew open the curtains and handed the nurse the dirty dress and she wrinkled her nose in distaste.

"Well, this is the first time I've seen you in a dress." he teased, giving an approving nod. I nudged him, trying to pull the hem of my dress lower. He scowled and swatted my hand away, "Stop fidgeting, I'm trying to savour the view." I blushed deeply as I felt his gaze linger on my legs longer than it should.

"Oh crap, I haven't got any shoes." my hand went to my mouth, "where did they put my Converse?" Chase frowned and shrugged.

"You won't see them again...You can get a new pair, they were getting old anyway." I pouted. Those were my favourite ones. 'And the most disgusting pair of beggar shoes I've seen.' Eliza's voice said in disgust at my thoughts. HEY! I like them, Converses are cool! I thought back. 'Hmph,' she replied and stayed silent.

My dad came back and told us we could go. I walked beside my dad with Chase behind us. "Are you hungry?" my dad asked when we turned a corner, I shook my head and he continued forward. I felt a hand pull me back and Chase offered me something.

"Here, wear this," I looked down to see a navy Holister jacket, "it's too cold for you to go outside in that." he blushed and looked away. I pulled on the jacket and zipped it up.

"Thanks" I said, giving him a quick hug, we walked side by side in silence until we stopped at the main entrance.

"You kids stay here until I get the car." my dad shouted behind him as he ran out the sliding doors, my gaze wandered to Chase's face. His hair was messy and he still hadn't changed his clothes, he turned his head and started down at me giving me a broad smile. He look beautiful when he smiled, his leafy emerald eyes sparkled and his sharp face matched his masculine charms.

A short honked, snapped me out of my trance. We both turned to see my dad waiting outside, "Let's go." he pulled me towards the automatic door, sending in a cold breeze which caused me to shiver slightly.

"Wait!" dragging him to a halt, "I haven't got any shoes." I looked down and wriggled my toes.

He scratched his head, then stretched out his arms, "Come on I'll carry you there."

"No! You can't do tha--" my feet swept up and he carried me bridal style to my dad's car, I felt his biceps tense as he walked to the sleek black BMW.

"I'm heavy," i whispered in his chest, he chortled at me.

"Far from!" his hand tightened around my thigh, while his other hand was placed dangerously close to my not-so-flat chest. My dad leaned over and swung the passenger door open, Chase placed me down gently and leaned over, one arm rested above the door.

"Catch you later, Av. Get some rest and me and Jess will visit you tomorrow." He winked at me and closed the door and I watched his back, jogging away.

I fell asleep on the ride home, and felt a tiny shake when my dad placed a pair of slippers on the ground for me to wear. I got up groggily, rubbing my eyes as I slipped them on and slumped my way inside the warmth of my comforting home. My dad hung his coat and made his way towards the stairs, "I've got work in the morning, Night, Alpha."

My dad waved as he disappeared up the stairs. Alpha was the nickname my dad gave me, since 'A' was Alpha in code, and my first name started with and 'A'. I trudged up stairs, making sure the door was locked first, and headed for my room on the third floor. As I passed my dad's room, soft snoring emitted through the closed door, showing me how rough his day has been.

My bedroom was an en-suite, posters of the Olympics and my favourite basketball team plastered across my cream walls, as well as the many sports tickets that were pinned on the notice board. My unorganized double bed was still the way I left it this morning. I pulled my underwear out from my tall, white wooden draw, then got some fresh pajamas and threw them on my bed, throwing the crop top back when I realised that it no longer fit. I skipped into the bathroom and locked the door with a gentle click. Turning on the shower, I yearned for the warm water to fall on my hide. I stripped out of my clothes eagerly and sighed with pleasure when I jumped into the steaming water.

Tilting my head back to soak my hair, I squeezed a generous amount of shampoo, working it in and slowly massaging my scalp. I rinsed and repeated with shower gel, rubbing my hands over the mounds on my chest, scrubbing the blood and dirt off of my arms and legs. Twisting the the knob, the water abruptly stopped flowing. I stepped out and grabbed two fluffy towels from the shelf, one tied around my head, and the other wrapped perfectly around my lustrous body. I reached for the lock when I heard a creak, and a loud thud on the other side of the door.

My heart raced as to think who it could be, I paused...listening for other sounds. I unlatched the door after a moment of silence, easing it open. A dark figure jumped out and suddenly grabbed me, holding  it's hand over my mouth, disabling the ability for me to scream. I panicked, kicking my legs and throwing punches at the intruder. I felt a muscular arm warp around my waist, throwing me to the floor. I stared back at the dark figure, who was backing up, towards my bed.

Who was this person? And why is there someone in my room?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you guys for reading this story, you make me so happy T__T I love you bubbies x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.3K 114 17
Yes, you heard...read? The title is correct, read this story for fun or something. ( Y/n and three others venture into a long-forgotten hotel in hope...
15.3K 65 85
Recommended story for its captivating storytelling.
66.8K 3.8K 24
اجتني لزمتني من شعري وضلت تضرب بيه راشديات وكلها واكفه تضحك ، وهيه متحس بلي دسوي تحسها فقدت او تحولت . بعدين لزمت شعري وركعت راسي بـ الحايط ، حسيت صا...
64.2K 1.2K 15
You and the rest of the gnomes have arrive to a new home in London. You are very helpful and cheerful to other gnomes and your friends like you for t...