▼Chapter Three - Awakening.

Chapter Three.

My vision sharpened and blurred in and out of focus. As Chase held my head closer to his shoulder, my fight to stay conscious faltered into a losing battle. My body. My body suddenly felt heavy, so heavy, as hunger took over me, begging me to drain him empty. Drain him dry. Chase disappeared and darkness took over.

 Eliza's POV:

Finally, I was able to take over the child's weak body. I must praise her efforts in keeping control with the little strength she had in her current state. It was truly wonderful, as expected of my vessel. This boy named Chase was very...interesting, his anima emanated a peculiar feeling. I took in his scent, he smelt of cinnamon, spicy and sweet. It fit his personality. My mind wandered, and I shuddered with desire as the thought of his taste consumed me. Licking my lips, I slid my hands up his chest and pushed him slightly so I could see his face. His eyes studied my violet ones, then he gave a sigh of relief.

"Av? Have you...changed? You seem different..." he questioned as he glanced up and down at Avania's new figure.

"Ah, yes. It must of been the surgeon's work. He did an excellent job, I must have been a catastrophe." I replied unsure how to answer the mortalisis.

"Er, are you okay? You don't normally talk like that either," his evergreen orbs looked closer at her new 'flawless face', "They did a pretty good job of it, you don't seem to be wounded."

"And what has changed about me? Is it my body," I asked seductively, his eyes lowered when I mentioned my body, "Is it my eyes? Or is it my lips?" I leaned in closer as I said lips, my head tilted, our lips barley touching. I felt his hot breath linger on my face.

"Wha-What?" His cheeks flushed at my sudden closeness.

I pulled back to give him a seductive smile and looked him up and down, 'Not bad for a mortalisis, I can't wait to eat you'. I drew closer and watched as his adam's apple drop when he gulped.

"Ava..." He whispered sweetly.

"Yes, just one little tas--" inching closer to his soft lips, I snapped back and clutched my head in agony, wailing a high pitched scream. "NO! I WAS SO CLOSE!" I hissed.

The mortalisis jumped and grabbed my arm "What's wrong?!" Panic plastered all over his face.

I slapped his arm away and clutched harder to my head fighting for control. "Just let me have one taste, one...little...taste..." I whispered, control slipping away. "NO!" Avania's voice roared in my mind. I felt a strong mental push, taking me aback. I lost grip of all control and fell back into the small room where I stayed in her mind, I smiled despite of my defeat. Just wait 'til next time, sweet Avania.

Ava's POV:

I drew in a deep breath as I replayed what could have happened. I was taken aback when I was unable to control what I was doing, like I was watching from the side lines. "Sorry, I had a sudden...th-throbbing pain in my head." I stuttered trying to think of a excuse to make him not think i was crazy.

"Come on Av, don't take it too rough. Let's go get you checked out." He took my hand and squeezed it firmly, taking me the direction he came.

We walked past several rooms occupied with patients with different illnesses; genetic to contagious to accidents from missing limbs and broken bones. As we passed a private room an old woman stared at me from her misshapen position. Her white hair lay flat on the side that she slept on, while the other side was still curly. Wrinkles gave away her age, and small pale blue eyes were sunk into her sockets. Her eyes glinted, evidence that she stayed in this room and wept. Alone. Waiting for death to come and take her.